Beskar Armor

Draco Maligo

05-03-2008 11:01:42

I was just reading Revelation, the latest novel in the Legacy of the Force series, and the Mandalorians have a new beskar armor that can't be cut by a lightsaber. Any thoughts on confiscating it the way the DB does cortosis? Or are we going to have a bunch of Mandos running around with impervious armor?

Halcyon

05-03-2008 12:40:15

Seeing as we're also a good 10+ years away from them even discovering that new cache, then it doesn't exist in our time. And as with everything else, anything impervious to lightsabers will most likely be closely looked after. Beskar is just "mandalorian iron", which is already denied if someone tries to make a custom item with it

kraval

05-03-2008 15:03:46

Yea it's confined on the CS sheets for the ACC but what about the wiki? Does the staff keep an eye out for that kind of thing and revert changes made by a member when they add a mando iron sword or mando iron body armor to their page?

Halcyon

05-03-2008 15:31:09

On the wiki I think we normally let things like that go. While wholly unrealistic in SW for people to "own" such items (and a lot of people do...mostly newer members), it's pretty much overlooked for the time being. However, whenever a posession system is put in place, things like that will be looked at much more closely, so it's probably a very good idea for people to start thinking seriously about what their character could own, instead of what they'd like to own :P

Aidan Kincaid

06-03-2008 01:18:44

I am a one-man army against the canonical raping that happens on the Wiki. It's a tough job, but we have to start somewhere :P

Tarax Kor

06-03-2008 01:21:31

Seeing as we're also a good 10+ years away from them even discovering that new cache, then it doesn't exist in our time.

Technically...it was also available during the early days and before the Galactic Empire. Could we introduce it as a restricted item?

Halcyon

06-03-2008 08:02:33

It can be "introduced" the same way cortosis or other such items would be introduced. ie. not usable until someone says otherwise :P