MAA Stuff

Kaek

31-03-2006 17:35:14

Sup people

I've been doing this since before Jac thought it'd be cool. Go look at the forum above the "Ask the DC" Forum if you have questions to ask of me. :P

Shadow

06-04-2006 02:59:01

not sure if your the one to ask, but i sent a mesage tp the dc, and this is a backup question, can i get a new master so that i can finaly do my trials, unfortuantly my master is my house leader quejo and i am unable to contact him.

Halcyon

06-04-2006 03:14:59

No, the MAA isn't the right person. Each Clan has their own program, and Arcona's is right on the messageboard. Contact myself and Strategos. These requests should also be done through e-mail and not MB postings

Esca

21-04-2006 08:10:16

This may be a small and meaningless opinion, but why do you continuously lessen the amount of members a Family is allowed to have? I think that staying with 12 was perfectly fine, but now just about all the Families are over the size limit you specified. I think that keeping a 12 person limit is just fine, and that it should be changed back. I think the Families are smart enough not to try and be better then a House or Clan, so I really see nothing wrong with having a large group of friends bonding together. Just something that was on my mind. :-)

~Esca~

Corran Force

21-04-2006 13:09:01

I liked it better when there were just the 2 families. Cantor and Entar. :-P

Esca

21-04-2006 13:15:13

You be quiet. :-P

~Esca~

Andan Taldrya Marshall

21-04-2006 15:05:43

I liked it better when there were just the 2 families.  Cantor and Entar. :-P

There were never really just 2 families, only 2 big families. I had a small "family" set up before it was cool to be in one, it was basicly some of my friends in Tal (mainly Archanis) who wanted to add an extra fictional element. It was never really a big deal, and I'm the only one who left with the split so that family is dead now =P

Malisane

02-06-2006 04:39:22

Given that we have to enforce the rules on new members against using names from the Star Wars universe, how come older members with names like Vader and Palpatine have never been asked to change them?

Kaine Mandaala

02-06-2006 08:27:43

I don't think we have anyone who truly violates the rule. The only one that comes to mind is former Grand Master Kane Vader, but seeing that he's the only one I don't think it's a problem.

"Palpatine" is used as a clan title 'award'.

Andan Taldrya Marshall

02-06-2006 12:02:43

Nobody ever asked me to change my name, but when the list of names we weren't supposed to use came out mine was on it and I changed it.

To answer your question, Malisane, the most likely reason why people haven't been asked to change their names is because there's so few of them who are still active. The majority of those who had disallowed names and were active changed their names on their own.

Vodo

24-09-2006 17:52:08

I've been looking around, and maybe I'm just not adept at finding things, but I don't believe it's listed how to create a family or join one.

Recently, I've had several friends join and they've attached my character's surname, "Biask' to theirs. Does this qualify us a family, or is there an offical process to the matter?

Dessan

24-09-2006 18:02:33

Please look harder, it is listed under the Policies and Projects section of the main site. Here is a direct link: DB Family Policy

Andan Taldrya Marshall

24-09-2006 18:20:57

That doesn't exactly answer his question, Dessan.

Vodo, if you haven't gotten together with these people who also have 'Biask' in their name and decided to make an official family and send in all the required info to Kaek and his minion then no, you are not an official family.

Ziguarath

19-05-2007 08:41:09

I was crawling round google searching for old DB stuff, I stumbled accross this old chancellors report with me getting a medal in Nov 98 a War Cross, I was Obelisk Sgt at the time but unfortunately couldnt find my old enlistment date.
I was wondering could I get my dossier updated to the oldest recorded date where my nick is recorded.

If not its no real biggie

http://logistics.lusankya.org/nl/db/dv-19/...uncil-chan.html

P.S. my old email address still amuses me

Destavol

09-07-2007 09:14:19

I was crawling round google searching for old DB stuff, I stumbled accross this old chancellors report with me getting a medal in Nov 98 a War Cross, I was Obelisk Sgt at the time but unfortunately couldnt find my old enlistment date.
I was wondering could I get my dossier updated to the oldest recorded date where my nick is recorded.

If not its no real biggie

http://logistics.lusankya.org/nl/db/dv-19/...uncil-chan.html

P.S. my old email address still amuses me

Wow that report is ancient. I didnt know people would still keep records back from 98. A good year though, I wasnt in the DB yet but I did date this really hot chick back then.. ..mmmm... And I dont think they can do anything about your dossier Ziggy, I asked if they could update mine back to when I originally joined but nothing ever happened. :-(

kraval

09-07-2007 09:57:48

Well this thread is pretty much dead and useless so I'm closing it down, and if you need to ask the MAA anything just do it in the MAA Office forum.