Official Ship Stats?

Muz Ashen

12-03-2005 01:08:33

Is there an Official DB site that lists the stats for things like the various TIEs, Star Wings, Vigilances, and all the various carriers/capital ships?

Just wondering... if it's a stupid question, just delete it, thanks.

Sith Bloodfyre

12-03-2005 08:31:39

No, this is definitely not a stupid question. We have the DJB OoB, at http://oob.darkjedibrotherhood.com which lists (for the most part) the cap ships of the Brotherhood. As of yet, it does not have the GJW ships added, but that hasn't been forgotten. There is talk of adding fighters for each Clan to that at some point, and possibly adding actual D20 stats for them, but I don't believe that's been done yet.

Also, for a complete listing of what fighters each Clan has, got to http://www.darkjedibrotherhood.com/dbjedi/...ort.asp?ID=5621 and see Goat's news item regarding it from the end of his Sith War. The only change to that is, CNS has purchased upgraded shields for two squadrons of TIE Interceptors, which will eventually be noted when we get a chance to put fighters, and stats on the OoB page.

Halcyon

13-03-2005 18:28:20

For some info and stats on some generalized fighters, you can visit http://www.darkjedibrotherhood.com/dbjedi/...ium.asp?Part=13

This uses information from a few sources, but not the D20 stats

Welshman

17-03-2005 09:09:47

I have a question about this as well. On the subject of starfighters where the capital ships already sporting a full compliment of fighters or are the only fighters a clan sports the ones they won in the Sith War? Also if the clans have say planet side bases with fighters in them would they all have to be TIE fighters or could they in fiction be TIE Interceptors or something else? Thanks.

Halcyon

17-03-2005 10:54:40

I have a question about this as well. On the subject of starfighters where the capital ships already sporting a full compliment of fighters or are the only fighters a clan sports the ones they won in the Sith War? Also if the clans have say planet side bases with fighters in them would they all have to be TIE fighters or could they in fiction be TIE Interceptors or something else? Thanks.

Through my knowledge, the only fighters a clan has were the ones won through the Sith War or any since then that were earnt (not sure if there have been).

Aidan Kincaid

17-03-2005 11:37:31

Apparently they'll have each clans fighters up on the Order of Battle site... so you'll find out what you have to work with then. After you find out it will be the clans themselves that decide what squads go where, etc.

Xanos

17-03-2005 15:16:13

The only fighters you have are the ones that were awarded at the end of the last Sith War, there aren't any "freebies" to fill up the hangers of the capital ships. Plus, yeah, the Consul can do what he or she likes with the Clan's fighters, so if they want them to be planet based you can do that, they don't have to be TIE Fighters, they can be whatever ships you happen to possess.

And d20? Eww. I hate the d20 ship statistics, they tend to bastardize most other sources to balance it for tabletop purposes. I've always stuck to the Totally Games statistics, if simply because they have more ships accounted for, so are the more comphrehensive source. Most d20 stuff you come about is fan made and varies drastically depending on the site you're looking at as the SW RPG Sourcebook doesn't have many ships in it (unless you consider just the ships seen in the films a lot).

The worst ship though has to be the Muurian Transport. Some sources claim 30m others claim 90m. Some claim two lasers, some claim it's a mini corvette. Better still is different versions of the same source say different things, so there's no way of ever actually knowing- outside sw.com ever including it.

Aidan Kincaid

17-03-2005 18:31:19

d20 is the system the DB is bastardizing... so they'll probably have d20ish stats, like em or hate em :P

Anonymous

17-03-2005 18:40:56

Indeed, the stats for the capital ships and some fighters have been taken from the d20 Starship of the galaxy book.
I don't know if the SHW's office still uses the doc I made for Mav a year ago though.

Sith Bloodfyre

17-03-2005 19:36:36

I think I still have that. But I believe Mav is in charge of the actual ship stats. I could be wrong. In any case, if anyone wants to see what fighters a Clan has, Goat's report at the end of his SIth War is what I reference:

http://www.darkjedibrotherhood.com/dbjedi/...ort.asp?ID=5621

The only change to that is, CNS has purchased, through Tournament Points, shield generators for two of their TIE Interceptor Squadrons. Whatever ships are listed therein for your Clans are currently the extent of Clan fighters, including any to guard bases, fill up ship compliments, etc. However, there is an upcoming opportunity for Clans to add on, with this upcoming XvT/XWA bracket. I've mentioned, whatever Clan takes First Place (through one of their members) in either Tournament, that Clan will gain an additional squadron of TIE Defenders (as long as we have a good amount of participation). However, the DC is also invited to play. If someone on the DC takes first, then second place will earn a squadron, for their Clan, but it will be a bit less of a fighter (though still worthwhile). So make sure to get your Clans out there, make sure to have them email me first, to sign up, and see what you can earn. Top three places in each Tournament also get the added bonus of winning a personal fighter of their own.

Xanos

18-03-2005 06:27:28

If a Clan participates really well, but everyone just happens to be crap, will they be able to get a few new TUGs or something? :mellow: I'm not talking a lot, heck, I'd be happy with like just a couple of new TIE Fighters, it'd be a start, heh. Not that that's happening so far if only like 11 people have signed up but... meh... it could happen. I hope. *starts threatening all the little Sith*

Sith Bloodfyre

18-03-2005 22:01:13

I'll weigh the merit of each Clan, and if I feel a reason to give something more, I'll discuss it with Jac and Mav. However, at this point, the only rewards are those that I've stated. We've had a decent number of sign-ups, but I'd have to be really impressed to give more. And it's not just "threatening the Sith." We have Krath and Obelisk who are interested in this, as well. I'd make sure to remind your Clans, EVERYONE is encouraged to participate.