I'm wary of having a secondary system of reward that encompasses the military and elements relating to it. I would like to do something different with Taldryan, and keep it somewhat unique when compared with the rest of the DB. That means not making our dark jedi integral parts of the "military". It is an idea that is already set in how we operate in war, and I would like that to continue.
Now, about the land grants themselves...that can always be tweaked, although I don't want anything to become watered down. It should be something special...it is a rare occurrence to wholly "own" something when talking about the Clan's planets. That, and the fact of just what you are able to do with that land...I'll try and break-down how I picture things in general when it comes to living arrangements
- They are quartered in their respective House headquarters. They are required to hang around as they have to earn the respect of the Clan to be given the necessary freedoms.
- Live outside their House headquarters, but on the same planet
- Living spaces equal to rank (options of housing types grow as you grow in rank...from condo to huge Houses)
- Can live on any planet and any type of "housing" they choose
Basically, the idea is people have their own place, although how good that place is does depend on their rank. However, it is not owned by them, but instead by the Clan. You live there, but it's not yours.
Summit would have a set place where they live, outside of their headquarters. Think of it like the White House...while they are leaders, they are given a very fancy place to live in. This would go for AED-CON.
- Given a large parcel of land on which to build/develop however they choose
- Only stipulation is that no "defenses" are erected...all protection is provided by the Clan (Personal security forces, etc...)
So now you have the grand-daddy of places. Have a Michael Jackson-complex? Build Neverland
So the skies the limit with this, more or less
In the Rybanloth System, the same would be true for the "land grants" although they would only be for vacation/resort purposes. There are no permanent residences in that system. Why? Well...why would we want our dark jedi and other forces to be living on the other side of the galaxy? But for vacation? Sure! All Taldryans can stay in wonderful villas and what not while there, but only those given a land grant can have a true vacation home all of their own.
Anyway...it's not a huge thing at all, but I like there to be a reason/purpose for everything we do. Everyone should be given the opportunity to grow their characters, but we should also ask how does that tie into the overall idea of the Clan.