Books Galore!

Kalak Ragnose

15-04-2007 03:52:51

Hi. I think that one of the best things about starwars are the brilliant books written. As Krath we are always reading and i thought it would be cool if we could discuss some of these. My favourite book is Heir to the empire.

Seti I Shadim

15-04-2007 21:31:43

Nice idea for a thread. :D

Although I liked Heir to the Empire, my favorite is Yoda: Dark Rendezvous by Sean Stewart. The reasoning is pretty simple. My favorite character is Count Dooku, so since so much in the novel centers on him-it figures. :lol: I'm presently reading Outbound Flight which is pretty interesting so far. But I'm only half-way into it.

-Seti

Kalak Ragnose

16-04-2007 08:14:06

I loved the part in Dark Rendezvous when Count Dooku refers to Yoda as an Evil green potato. I just finished Outboud Flight. The plot was brilliant.

P.s thanks for posting

Kalak Ragnose

18-04-2007 05:32:51

Yay, two new starwars books : BEtrayal and Dark Lord : RIse of Darth Vader

Macron Sadow

18-04-2007 11:38:16

One of my very favorites was "I, Jedi." The book flows well, and the description of the dual-phasic saber was way cool. My second favorite was the revenge of the Sith novel. The characters have much more depth than the movie. Anakin wasn't a whiny b$@tch, and Dooku is not as evil as he appears-just deluded.

Adien Falaut

18-04-2007 13:01:25

I have to agree with Macron on "I, Jedi the whole book caught my attention. And then another one of the trillogies I personally liked was the "Black Fleet Crisis".

Halcyon

18-04-2007 16:00:49

I, Jedi is one of my favorite SW books, as it features my favorite SW character ( as you can see from the name I use :P). The entire X-Wing series is great...I prefer the Stackpole books to the Allston ones, just due to the characters. Each author however does a great job with SW, so pick up their books. And yeah, the Zahn Trilogy is really good as well...captures the SW feel and Thrawn is badass.

Oh, and please, no one read Crystal Star. Ugh

Kalak Ragnose

20-04-2007 14:28:49

I Liked I, Jedi as well, it was interesting to see the Jensaurri. Crystal star had a rather odd plot, but it ties in with the computer games a little so.....

Kalak Ragnose

06-06-2007 16:03:09

AlRighty then. Now i am changing this. Tis is where we post news on Books.

In late June, Darth Bane: Path of Destruction comes out in paper back.

Kalak Ragnose

25-06-2007 08:04:08

A Sequel to Darth Bane path of destruction has been announced. It is thought to show Bane with Zahnah.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Bane:_Rule_of_Two

Makurth Mandalore

25-06-2007 22:13:04

AWESOME!!! I loved the first Bane book, so I'm really looking forward to the second one. Do you know if it's going to be coming out in hardback or paper?

Kalak Ragnose

28-06-2007 14:55:27

I'd presume they''l put it out in hardback first then send it out in paperback a little later. I've just got the first Bane book and i can bearly put it down.

Korvyn

28-06-2007 19:35:13

Best of the newer ones is Darth Vader. I really like the writting style it has. The Zhan trilogy is my favorite series. i havn't read much after the second Vong book though.

Cuchulain

04-07-2007 13:38:50

Hmmm. I used to read all the books right up until the Vong turned up. That all got a bit boring so I stopped and went back to the Dark Horse comics. The Thrawn trilogy is probably the best in mty view, but I might go back and start reading them again now. Books of Bane sound cool - the comic Jedi Vs Sith is very cool.

Kalak Ragnose

30-07-2007 14:54:35

I find it virtually impossible to get the Jedi vs Sith sort of comics which is a real pain since I would like to read on Naga Sadow. I have to agree, the Vong did get boring but hey. Its a major addition to SW history.

Xhedias

30-07-2007 18:30:12

My favorite has been Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter. None of the NJO or Legacy books have really spoke to me yet.

RevengeX

30-07-2007 20:47:06

I really liked "Allegiance", the story about the renegade stormtroopers.

Kalak Ragnose

07-11-2007 04:43:52

The second Bane book is scheduled to be released in December. :D
Is allegiance out in paperback?

Kalak Ragnose

29-11-2007 12:42:38

'Fury', the seventh book of the Legacy of the Force series has been just been released.

Spoiler, spoiler!!!!!!!!!! DOn't read down unless you want to hear.

A nasty Dark Person dies

Draco Maligo

29-11-2007 23:04:44

That's to be expected. Lumiya is dead, and since the series is drawing down to a close they are bound to knock off more characters.

Mehrunes Dagon

20-11-2008 21:21:01

I like Darth Bane, Path of Destruction. The story of Bane is excellent, honestly he reminds me of a krath sith mix, what with him spending countless hours in the library, then resurrecting the old sith ways. I consider him a role model as a dark jedi.

Scyrone

22-11-2008 14:31:01

WOW, a year old bumping of topic. You must be new :D

Welcome to the DJB :D

Mehrunes Dagon

22-11-2008 23:36:59

Lol yep, fairly new, about a month now, and really its been dead for a year? I dident notice.
Thanks for the welcome

Kalak Ragnose

01-12-2008 16:23:18

Agreed, Dark Jedi should emulate him. Welcome to the DB.

Sanarai Iridana

16-04-2011 21:35:58

My favorites are "I, Jedi", the Legacy of the Force series, "The New Rebellion", "Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader", "Darth Bane: Path of Destruction", and "Darth Bane: Rule of Two".

Akuda

17-08-2011 08:33:43

This thread seems quiet but im still gonna post.

Personally i love the Bane trilogy while i think the stories in rule of two and dynasty of evil were a little padded i think the ending to the trilogy was insanely well planned out by drew.

The republic commando/ Imperial commando series are incredibly well written karen travis has become an author who i follow no matter what she is righting. I think it helps that im a huge mandalorian fan.

Im currently reading the force unleashed 2 im only a few chapters in and already its explained so much of the game to me that just didnt make sense.