House Happenings

Sidarace

01-01-2009 22:41:28

A quick not before I start this thread: The point of this thread is to help bring the heart of the Message Boards back to the house and allowing our members to feel free to post their opinions and thoughts on various things that are happening in the house. Whether it be about the new SW movie that came out (Just as an example, mind you ;), or a competition that is running in the house or Clan, or a competition you want to SEE in the house or Clan.

The whole point of this thread is to have our members be able to spread their voice.
----
READ
Another quick note on a more serious topic: Yes, you may spread your voice, but if any post that comes on here is bad mouthing one person in the house or Clan, or any of the Summits, Either I or Vodo will take it down immediately and you will be receiving an email or an IRC PM from one of us.

Please, keep this a fun thread, don't spoil it with complaining or anything like that. If you have a personal problem with someone, take it to them or one of the summit members, we will be more than glad to help.

This does not mean you can not post something saying how you did not like the last Flash Game competition, but just be mindful of what you are saying.
---

Now, to start this off, something that I have been wondering about; how do you all feel about the Aedile' report headers?

Are they too big, or flashy? Could they be down sized, or made bigger? Should there be more or less amount of category's in each header?

You can take a look at the latest report headers here: http://darkjedibrotherhood.com/dbjedi/comm....asp?ID=R:12208

<3

P.S. feel free to start your own little topic on this thread if want!

Halcyon

01-01-2009 22:44:16

The only thing I'm not a huge fan of is the actual header...the topic headings look pretty good and aren't too flashy...although you could always play around with the size to see how it looks in general. The top header does seem to be quite large though in comparison to everything else and really "stands out", taking you away from the report itself. My two cents :P

James

02-01-2009 09:12:31

The only thing I'm not a huge fan of is the actual header...the topic headings look pretty good and aren't too flashy...although you could always play around with the size to see how it looks in general.  The top header does seem to be quite large though in comparison to everything else and really "stands out", taking you away from the report itself.  My two cents :P

What he said :P

Sidarace

04-01-2009 23:50:16

So, would you go with having the main header be like the other headers, just different text?

Quintan Tylax

05-01-2009 16:34:18

I like the headings....I like how the topic headers bleed down into black. i would personally brighten the red just a smidge so they stand out a bit more against the black background. For me, its a tad hard to see.

For the Report header I would try to highlight the lettering so it stands out off the red plaque a bit, perhaps a very very very subtle glow. Not sure. I can barely read "Ektrosis Aedile Report".

Not sure if its me and my monitor concerning ths though.

Sidarace

05-01-2009 16:52:13

Hmm, you have a point there. Though, I do think part of the matter is that your screen might be tad too dark ;]

So, make the main header smaller, the text a bit brighter, yet keep the initial design of it all? I think that's what I'm getting here.

Heh, Vodo's going to shoot me when he sees this, he's the one who made the headers =P

<3 my QUA

Halcyon

05-01-2009 18:03:06

I actually have a bit of a hard time seeing your main header as well...so if you were to keep the design, make it smaller/brighter, I think we're good. That may also mean making the other headers slightly smaller as well so that it all ties in

Sidarace

15-01-2009 22:48:51

So, I was working on some new headers for my report. Tell me what you think:

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll230/S...ers/BHeader.png

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll230/S...rs/ATalNews.png

This is most likely what I will be using for my new report headers.

For the titles of the headers, I will include:
Taldryan News
DB News
SA/Promotion/Medals
Competitions
Aediles closing thoughts

I'm also thinking of adding, along with the 'Ektrosis Initiative!' which is usually found in the 'Closing Thoughts' part of my reports, a 'CS of the month' section, or something along those lines.

Any ideas are welcome, so please post them.

Sidarace

15-01-2009 22:52:00

Also, be mindful, the headers look a lot better on a black background. So though it may be hard to see on the white, it is perfectly readable on say the DB or Tal.net site.

Just as a quick note ;]