09-09-2008 00:30:18

Dark Council Shuttle Dominus
Dubrillion Planet-Fall
Occupied Dubrillion System

“Proceed with final check.”
“Clear for entry.”
“All systems green, power to minimal.”
“We are go for entry.”

The voices of the cockpit crew were broadcast over the in-house PA of the shuttle. Vodo listened with learned patience and calm, like the still of the wind just before a terrible tempest. Far below him was Dubrillion, occupied since the previous year by the diabolical Yuuzhan Vong invaders. To his left and right, Equites of various ranks and orders, from across the swath of the clans, sat in similar meditation and preparation.
Those with little or no previous hot burn experience exuded a small aura of anticipation and exhilaration, but to those who had experienced the effects of an uncontrolled freefall through an atmosphere were less excited, and remained still, awaiting the time they could be free of the confines of the small shuttle. To escape detection by the Yuuzhan Vong, the craft had powered down to all but life support since emerging from Hyperspace two days ago, and had spent the remaining time drifting towards the Vongshapped Planet.
Now, high above the world, the shuttle had repowered shielding to prevent burning up, but otherwise, would fall through the atmosphere just as they had done in times long forgotten before the advent of the Repulsorlift. Systems would be engaged only long enough to provide a safe landing.
A familiar tug on the inside wall of his stomach told him, and most everyone else, that their descent had begun. A shiver ran down his lekku, an old sign that something bad was going to happen, a premonition in the force. He extended his senses, trying to see what it was that could endanger them. The shuttle seemed intact, the pilots able and alert, so it was nothing aboard the craft. Had they been detected? Could someone have found them out already? Without being able to sense the Vong or their biotic creations, he had no way of telling.

“Brace for Impact!”

----------------

Yuuzhan Vong Facility

His head was swimming in dizziness. He could not remember how long it had been since he’d crawled from the wreckage of the Shuttle, dragging two human forms along with him. Vodo had blacked out soon after, and had been lost in a world of dreams since. Voices in an Alien Tongue he could not understand, but clearly recognized, had shouted at him, had berated him. Without being able to focus his gaze, he could not tell where he was. It would make sense to assume he’d been taken prisoner, and if so, why he could not sense anything. The force was just as blind as he in a Yuuzhan Vong biot, for even their buildings were creatures designed for a purpose.

{The Tailed Heretic has awoken, Prefect.}
{I will be there shortly Hunghr Lah. Ensure that he is ready to answer my questions before I arrive.}
{I live to serve my liege.}

Vodo attempted to lift his head, in order to look around his surroundings, with what little ability to see he still had, only to find that he was firmly held in place by what felt to be a series of vines. He flexed and struggled, trying to find some weakness, some way to escape, but stopped when he felt the cool sharp sting of a blade running down his cheek.

{There you are my pet… I assure you, the Embrace will not let you go until I tell it to. For now, why don’t you play nicely.}
The Archpriest remained silent prompting the Yuuzhan Vong to continue, “I am Prefect Hrall Gunth’ar. You’ll find that you can understand the Tongue of the Gods, a gift from me to you. The Tizowyrm is a wonder of shaping, translating anything into something sensible and understandable…}

Still Vodo said nothing, so the Prefect stroked a patch of fur on the back of his wrist, causing it to shiver. This caused the Twi’lek’s nerves to explode into a fury of white hot pain, as though something had overridden his cortex, and was manipulating what he felt directly. His mouth opened, but released no noise, he couldn’t, his mouth was too dry.
The Prefect drew back the pain and tore some of Vodo’s robe off, and dipped it into an orfice against a far wall. He brought it back and began to towel his face off, the cool of the wet fabric soothing Vodo’s near fever.

{Open your mouth, you need the moisture.}
His resolve shivered, tempted to open and receive the gift of water, but something in the back of his head held him back from doing so, “So be it Jeedai…”
{I have no need for your cooperation. Of that wreck of heretical machinery and metal, only you and three others lived. Fortunately for us, and them, they willingly submitted to our Gods and offered themselves in sacrifice.}
Vodo could not let that pass, “You lie!”
His parched voice seethed with rage, amusing the heavily scarred alien who became to come into focus, {I have no need to lie to a heretic. You have nothing to offer me but your sacrifice to my gods, willing or not. For now however, I will allow you to contemplate your limited future.}

Again the Prefect stroked his wrist and the pain embraced Vodo completely, leaving him in darkness.

----------------

Quaestor’s Meditation Chamber
Ektrosis Temple
Taruma System

Hel-Pa Sklib was deep in meditation. It was a specific type of meditation however. While the Jedi attempted to center them self, to find their inner balance, and oneness with the Force, a Dark Jedi contemplated conquest, destruction, and the ultimate victory over the forces of Light. He found a granule of fear, a primal emotion, an instinct, and slowly fed it fuel until it ignited into anger and finally fury and rage. It was this that gave him strength, gave him the power over the weak, and the power to influence change.
As the Quaestor of the First House of Clan Taldryan, his job was to ensure the continued dominance of the House over those who would seek to dethrone it. He would maintain its power and its position at the top by any means possible, but it was only possible if he maintained that same power within himself. That was why he was meditating.
The Tarasin was interrupted by the approaching presence of a Journeyman, human, who was debating whether or not to disturb the Battlemaster during his time of quiet, little knowing that the power of such an individual increased their awareness far more than any journeyman could yet comprehend. A simple wave of his hand open the sliding door to his meditation chamber, moments before the Teenage Boy would have knocked.

“Enter…”
Sklib appreciated how dark his voice sounded within the spacious room, how it echoed, and in his slow deep rasp, how it affected the journeyman, instilled fear and respect, “I bring a message Master Sklib.”

Hel-Pa lifted his hand, summoning the datapad held in the Human’s grasp to his own and began to read.

Mission to Dubrillion: Failure
Mission was detected while in descent. Shuttle shot down in reentry, landed hard. Survivors: unknown¬—Possible survivors based on black box report. Mount raconteur and rescue missions prudently, Iron Throne has priority.

-Deputy Grand Master, Muz Ashen Keibetsu

Sklib hurled the datapad into the far wall in a fury. The Journeyman retreated back outside, fearing for his life. The Tarasin’s frill exploded to its full height, as it usually did when he was angered. Vodo just had to accept that stanging invitation to join that clandestine mission to Dubrillion!
He reached out into the Force, to find any hint of his friend and Aedile, hoping that he had somehow survived the crash. At first, he could feel nothing, but for a moment, he could feel his nerves burning with a white hot pain, distant, as though the pain belonged to someone else. Images passed through his mind of Yuuzhan Vong biots and the view of a room from above, as though the viewer had been suspended from above.
Vodo was alive! He was trying to show his friend where he was, what was happening, but couldn’t quite form the thoughts it would take. He was a prisoner it seemed, in a Vong facility, and experiencing great pain. Something seemed familiar about these circumstances…
The Quaestor delved into his own datapad, seeking a report from the Deputy Grandmaster, on his internment on board a Vong ship. He found it, and a record of a device he claimed was called “The Embrace of Pain”, a Vong biot which mapped a nerve system, then used its unnatural powers to induce an infinite amount of pain. That would explain Vodo’s predicament.
They would need to rescue him, if not for his friend, but for the safety of the Kr’tal system and that of the other clans.

te me nekaka

10-09-2008 23:00:16

Nekaka couldn't believe what he was reading. The Message he had in front of him was no joke. Swifty had been relieved of duty as Battle Team Leader. Nekaka closed his eyes to think about this. ~Is this truly it. Is this the Opening in which to prove my self as Battle team leader once more?~ he thought to him self. He got off his bunk grabbed his lightsaber and katana's with his dagger belt. He put them on. He then threw his cloak on as he walked out the door. He needed to speak to Sklib. He was walking down the hall when he seen two younger journymen running down the hall. "HE SLOW DOWN!" he yelled. No effect. He sighed. ~Maybe i don't deserve to be battle team leader?~

Nekaka Contuined down to the Quastors office. Nekaka rang the bell, "Enter." as Nekaka entered he bowed. Sklib looked at Nekaka and said, "if your here for the BTL postion get out. I have a friend to help."

Nekaka sensed something terrible wrong, "Who May i ask is the one in need of help?"

Sklib looked at Nekaka with eyes that could kill. Finally he said, "Your Adiele has gone missing, do you wish to join the search team?"

Nekaka thought for a mintue and said, "When do i leave?" ........

Hel-Pa Sklib

11-09-2008 00:43:06

“Scratch that,” Hel-Pa quickly corrected himself. He foolishly hadn’t thought about any of the preparations or organization of a search party, assuming that would be the plan. For the first time since the Incursion, Sklib could not sense Vodo’s presence somewhere in the galaxy without much, much concentration. The two had a special bond from years of service, camaraderie and growth, and this alarmed him greatly.

“Everything all right sir?” Nekaka inquired.

“No. Join your Battle Team and prepare to receive further instructions from the chain of command. You must respect that your immediate superior is your Battle Team Leader, not I. Now go,” the Tarasin growled with an angry undertone.

“…yes, master,” the Jedi Hunter hesitantly replied. He Sklib eyed the Journeyman until the door behind him sealed shut before withdrawing his datapad. He rapidly dialed on the screen the codes to contact Sidarace, the House’s new Rolemaster. Normally the Sith would contact his subordinates through the Force, but he was far too drained from his extensive meditation sessions to uncover his Aedile’s location.

“Quaestor Sklib, Rollmaster Sidarace reports to serve you,” the familiar voice echoed through the static interference of a holoprojector in the center of the chamber.

“Sidarace, I need a status report on our equipment and personnel and a rundown on the morale of the House. Are we in good shape?”

“In light of recent events, the House is cautious as to what the Summit has planned, and it has become difficult to interpret some of your actions. They are content, but slightly confused, master.”

“Good. I want a readout of those reports by nightfall.”

“I will not fail you, master,” the human concluded as his hologram dissolved in front of the Quaestor. Just then, his datapad lit up again. A proud member of Ektrosis and dedicated Elder, Erinyes, was outside his quarters and wished to speak with the Tarasin.

“Come in,” he commanded.

“Quaestor, can we scratch the formalities for now?” she smirked.

“Do I have a choice?” he grumbled in return.

“Aw, don’t be so upset. We’ve been in worse situations. Besides, Vodo can hold his own.”

“You don’t understand these… things, Erin. They aren’t like you and I. Their actions are strange and foreign, things I never even dreamed of seeing.”

“Well then we must do the same. ‘Know thy enemy’,” she spoke with an air of diligence and sophistication, as if memorized from some ancient text.

“Possibly, but I cannot do this on my own. I need the aid of the entire House. The time has come for us to bond once more and present ourselves at the First House of Taldryan. Too long have I witnessed squabbling and petty arguments that could be solved in a more simple way than gossip and rumor. Gather your men and prepare to fight the scourge which has taken our land, killed our brothers, and torn us away from all that we love most.”

Erin only gave a slight grin, then exited. A voice resonated through her head as she left, the raspy and reptilian voice of her leader, “And may the Force be with you.”

Andan Taldrya Marshall

11-09-2008 09:59:29

Andan Taldrya Marshall had retained his post as Planetary Viceroy of Volcanus after House Archanis had closed and he'd just arrived in his office on the planet when he received the message from Vodo. It was short and terse, lacking detail. He needed help with something very important and urgent. Andan had never been one to shrink away when someone needed him and he wasn't about to start now.

He pressed the intercom button on his desk and spoke to his aid, "A situation has come up which requires my immediate attention. Clear my schedule for the next week and reschedule all of my appointments."

"Yes, m'lord." she replied.

Andan sighed, every time they got themselves in to a rhythm something happened to upset the balance. Stability was a fleeting, ethereal concept - sometimes he wondered why they were inclined to seek something that they so rarely achieved. He philosophized as he ran through a quick pre-flight check on his shuttle, the One Armed Scissor and took off.

A short while later he landed on Trauma and went directly to the Quaestor's office. As he approached, he reached out with the Force and informed Sklib of his arrival. The Battlemaster's door opened and Andan walked in.

"Why so formal?" Sklib asked before Andan could say anything.

Andan chuckled, "Because I got your message when I was about to start holding audiences on Volcanus. I didn't have a chance to change."

"Anyway," Sklib replied, "Vodo decided to be part of a mission to recapture Durbillion, and because the mission wasn't run by Taldryan, it failed. Vodo is still alive but is being held in an Embrace of Pain."

Andan nodded already thinking of the preparations that they'd have to make. "So you called me back to help with the rescue?" Andan asked, already knowing the answer. It was his way of volunteering...well more like acknowledging that he would help, since it was a forgone conclusion that he would do it.

"Exactly," Sklib said. "In the next few hours I'll be addressing the entire house, you have some time to do whatever prep work you need."

Andan nodded slowly, "Just let me know what you need me to do. Also, remember that my One Armed Scissor is one of our fastest and most heavily armed transports, it'd be a good choice for one of our ships."

Sklib nodded and Andan turned to leave, the conversation clearly over. The Warlord returned to his ship, thinking over the list of systems that he'd have to prep and check before they launched.

Sidarace

12-09-2008 00:20:03

Sidarace sat at the desk of his new office, lightly stroking his desk with his left pointer finger. He had hardly spent any time in his new office since his appointment to Rollmaster, less than a fort night ago. His new position had kept him on his feet, a burden he put upon himself to have better knowledge of how his new house worked.
He spent most of his time accessing records from Taruma's military library, storing any information he found useful onto his Datapad. Most of it would only be read once or twice more then left dormant along with the many files that adorned the already immense datapads memory. Sidarace never let the chance to learn something new to pass. He was always working to gain more knowledge on any subject, something he was used to doing since he joined the Clan Taldryan. It paid to be ignorant in such a prestigious clan.
Across his desk, his data pad lit up with a violet white light. Picking it up, the Knight saw an image of his Quaestor. Immediately the Miraluka' picked confirmed the request and Sklibs voice followed shortly after.

“Sidarace, do you have those files I asked you for?” He asked, fighting back a tone of anxiousness.

“I do Master, but this is earlier than I had expected. I will send it immediately.” Sidarace ended, then followed by minimizing the window that contained Sklibs scaly lizards image upon it, and began to send the files he had prepared prior to his leaders call.

“In transit, it is encrypted as #s3i. Sorry, old habit of mine.” The Tarasin smirked faintly, but it quickly vanished.

“Sid, I am going to cut to the chase.” Before Sidarace could reply, his Quaestor continued on “Vodo was on a mission for the Iron Throne to retake Dubrillion, a now hostile world occupied by the Yuuzhan Vong. His party was intercepted by enemy fire just before their landing. Only a handful survived, Vodo is one of them. I have already started planning an attack basic attack plan, and I have already started getting out house up to par. I will have a full briefing ready for the house in a few hours.”

“I am sorry for our loss, Master. Vodo is strong, you know this more than anyone. My only question is, what would you have me do until you call the house together?”

“Keep yourself busy, I don't need my new Envoy getting all skittish on me.” He ended, but just before he ended the comm session, he said one more thing, “I would suggest you survey our younger journeyman, make sure they are ready for battle. Do NOT inform them of this, however, I want to see how fast they can mobilize. Do a basic Arms drill or something, it will benefit you for the experience. That is all.”

The Lizard vanished from the datapads screen, bringing back up the records Sidarace had been reading prior to his interruption.

He is right, I could use with the experience. He thought as he garbed his light cloak and clipped his light saber onto his belt and exited his office, leaving it dormant again, as he had done so many times before.

Lokasena

12-09-2008 05:58:24

Lokasena Corvinus sat on his bed, which was positioned against the main wall of his quarters, completely oblivious to the storm that was to come. The lights were off, the only illumination came from a few obscure experiments that Sena was working on. A slight rustle of feathers could be heard as Corvus, Sena’s animal companion, shifted on his perch. The bird was sleeping as it was completely accustomed to live with the Dark Jedi Knight.

Corvinus was holding a picture in his hand, the face of a young woman on it. He had lost Komari to the Vong a year ago. Had it really been a year? Sena was a scientist, so the concept of time was quite relative to him. So were many concepts that others took for granted.

The door chime sounded, but Sena didn’t take his eyes of the picture. For a second time, the computer indicated there was someone at the door. Without letting his eyes drift, Sena whispered. “Enter…”

The familiar form of his friend, Sidarace entered the room. Rathden glanced around and quickly decided he didn’t want to spend much time here. “This place looks lived in.” He said softly.
Sena finally looked up from the picture and caught Sid’s gaze. “And how can I help you today, my friend?” Corvinus said with a tone of optimism that wouldn’t have convinced anyone.

“Have you heard the latest news?” Sidarace asked, keeping in mind that the Krath always had a way of having information that he shouldn’t.

“I never get any messages, Sid. It’s hard to remember them all…” The look in Sena’s eyes was filled with sarcasm. Rathden recognised the play of words in the style which was certainly characteristic of Corvinus.

“Come on, I need you!” Sidarace said in friendly tone. This was enough for Sena. He got up from his bed, took his cloak, Lightsaber and Mormegill. Making a strange sound with his tongue, Sena summoned Corvus to his shoulder. Corvinus and Rathden walked out into the hall where the latter began to explain the urgency.

te me nekaka

12-09-2008 10:05:28

Nekaka shook his head as walked down the hall from the Quastors officer. ~FOOL!!!!~ he said to himself. ~How could you be so dumb as to think you could Battle Team Leader again. Let alone lead a Rescue attempt against the Vong!~ Nekaka started to head down to his quarters. Instead he changed his mind and headed to the training room, when he got there, their were 2 novices training with their swords. Nekaka took off his cloak, threw it to the ground and pulled out his duel Katana's. "FIGHT ME." he said to the novices. One looked at him, shrugged and started toward him, "NO. Both of you, at once." The two looked at each other and took off towards Nekaka at a Charge.

Nekaka Stood there. The Novice's started swinging Nekaka blocked both attackers and kicked one back and perceed to iniate a Sword lock with the other. Nekaka quickly disarmed the novice and dropped his katana's and perceed to initiate hand to hand combat using hempa boxing. One the other novice recovered from the kick he too attacked nekaka again only to get a fist in the mouth and a boot to the side.

Once both novices were laying on the ground, withering in pain, Nekaka felt much better. He grabbed his Katana's and cloak. He put them back on and started to his Quarters......

Sidarace

12-09-2008 15:55:21

“I do not know exactly when, but be ready for a house meeting, Sklib should be calling everyone soon.” Sidarace ended and watched quietly as his fellow Ektrosian spun around on his heel with the swish of his cloak and continued to the end of the corridor. Sidarace followed in the opposite direction of his comrade toward the bulk of the lower journeyman's quarters.

Turning the corner just near the sparring arena, Sidarace witnessed a brutal brawl consisting of three Dark Jedi. Two of them he barely knew, but could tell by their robes that they were Novices, and to the Miraluka's dismay, they were losing, terribly. The other, however, was one Sidarace knew all to well since his first steps in Ektrosis.

Sidarace wrapped his hand around the hilt of his saber, only to think better of it. He then strolled over to the fight. At this point, Te Me had already knocked out one, and the other was in no position to fight. Quickly, the Hunter grabbed his cloak and katanas and began on his way to his quarters.

Just then, came the firm grip of the Knights hand on Nekaka's shoulder “Going somewhere?”

“If you wish to live, then I suggest you back off.” Came the cocky voice of the Hunter, “Or do you want to end up like them-” He stopped short as he looked over his shoulder to see who he was addressing, and upon seeing the tall, stern faced Rollmaster, he shrank into a cowering stance.

“I just needed to teach them a little lesson, no harm done. Besides, they came charging at me first!” Nekaka started on a feeble excuse, but soon realized he would not get anywhere by trying to fool Sidarace.

“I would expect something more from a Jedi Hunter as yourself. It grieves me to see you doing this Nekaka, deeply. You should know better than this. Have you learned anything from the years of training you have had in Taldryan?” The Knight began his lecture in the deepest, power convincing tone he could muster.

“This is not the way you, or anyone else should be acting, especially at a time like this.” He ended, glaring at the now straitened Nekaka.

“I understand... Master” The Hunter stated reluctantly. “I shall go clean those two up. If you allow it, that is?”

“I do. Report to your quarters once you have finished with those two, and stay there until further notice.” The Miraluka' began to turn, then continued to speak, “And Nekaka. Don't ever let me catch you losing grip of your rage like that again, else you will regret it severely. Save it for the battlefield, or at least take on someone who could be a match for you.”

At that, the Knight precoded to his original destination.

Vodo

13-09-2008 02:49:57

Yuuzhan Vong Facility

Life was such a fragile thing. It merely consisted of a series of electrical impulses, carried across biological connections, and carried out by a feeble and weak construct. At any moment, any number of random things could happen, sending said construct hurling into a death spiral, from which it would never return.
What was the reason to go on living? For what reason would any living thing seek to continue this existence? For many, life was nothing by a series of disasters, played out on a galactic scale. Suffering and pain were their lot in events far outside their reach. Why not choose to end the suffering… Why not give up?
It was some basic instinct of survival, somehow built into almost every sapient being in the galaxy. The will to live, to survive, to continue. Some claimed this was a biological response, a drive to multiply, to ensure the continuance of the species, while other imbued it with mystical or religious qualities.
This was no simple instinct however that Vodo clung to. His mind was lost in pain, and whenever it seemed he would at last be able to construct a mental barrier to the sensations and suffering, the Yuuzhan Vong creature would either choose to crash into his barricade with force until it broke, or worse, find some clever way around his defenses and catch him unaware. There was no where he could hide, no meditation or technique he could use to dull the pain, nothing he could to distance himself.
The Twi’lek howled in rage, his dry throat tearing itself to pieces with the strain. The very force erupted from his chords, shaking his Embrace of Pain and changing the atmospheric pressure in the nearby chambers, but without any connection to the force, the Yuuzhan Vong Biots were unaffected. The release of his anger, the surge of power, subdued the suffering for an instant. The mere suggestion of freedom of action, of pain, and suffering blinded him to the intensity of the white hot searing all over his body.
Again, he called out to his friends, the only family he had, for a release. If they’d heard his cries, he could not know, the pain was simply too much to sense anything at all.

Lokasena

19-09-2008 08:03:52

The Krath Knight walked down the corridor, until he came to the general meeting hall.
There were various groups of people already gathering. Corvinus walked slowly through the gathering crowd, trying to pick up any helpful information on what this was all about.

He heard someone say “This time we’ll get them!” and words like “Danger”, “Aedile” and “pain”. It was all very confusing to Sena. He usually monitored all out going communications, at least the ones that weren’t encrypted. But the last weeks there hadn’t been anything out of the ordinary. If anything, the complete lack of chatter should have hinted to something bubbling beneath the surface.

It was known policy that in times of crisis, the House regularly sent automated messages to prevent anyone from noticing any radio silence. This was all very mysterious, and although Sena loved a good mystery, he was usually in on it.
His gut was churning, something was telling him that he would soon meet his most hated enemies again.

Erinyes

19-09-2008 08:36:41

Erinyes sat on the edge of the briefing table with her feet up on a chair. As the Quaestor had requested, she was gathering the forces of Phoenix for an assault on Dubrillion, to free Vodo from the clutches of the Vong. There was one small problem, however: nobody was coming. Well, not nobody, exactly; Andan had made his way to the briefing room, and he was considerable on his own. The rest of her Phyle, however, was nowhere to be seen. Vardar had taken a leave of absence for reasons unknown to Erinyes, and Dark Sabre rarely concerned himself with House business anymore, but the rest of the members of Phoenix - the Journeymen - were entirely absent. Erinyes wondered if it was for the better, given how dangerous their mission would be. If they weren't there, at least they didn't risk a horrible death at the hands of the Yuuzhan Vong.

From a row of chairs halfway across the room, Andan chuckled. "Nice briefing you got here." The Warlord had been called away from his pre-flight to attend a mission briefing, which had garnered some annoyance at the time, but his mood had lightened somewhat since then.

"Thanks," Erinyes grumbled. "I guess we can make it short and sweet, then, since there's nothing you don't already know."

"Sure seems like it. We can continue on the Scissor if you want." Andan rose from his chair and started toward the door, making it clear that he would be aboard his ship whether Erinyes felt like continuing there or not.

Erinyes hopped off the edge of the table to join him and retrieved a comlink from her belt as she walked. "Members of Phoenix Phyle, wherever the hell you are, be at the launch bay in ten minutes or get left behind. Our mission comes from the Quaestor, and there will be consequences if you don't participate. Get to it." Not really expecting anyone to show up, Erinyes left the room with Andan to return to the One Armed Scissor and finish the pre-flight sequence.

te me nekaka

21-09-2008 03:08:24

Nekaka was mad. So angered that he couldn't help in the rescue of his friend and mentor. ~why wont he let me go, why?~ Then he heard Sklib, ~You are not ready Nekaka.~ Nekaka spun and put his fist into the wall. He felt his hand break and started to feel the pain. He went back to his chambers and used his self healing. When he was done he meditated. ~well looks like you have to set this one out.~ he thought to himself.

Lokasena

01-10-2008 06:37:24

“How long does it take for those damn politicians to put a briefing together?” Sena wondered to himself. He had been waiting for hours, and still there had been no word to what all the fuss was about. Surely, if someone of the House was in danger, one could expect a fast response?
Lokasena did not like waiting, even Corvus began to get restless on his shoulder. Not to mention the growing unrest among the crowd.

Sena tapped his comm. unit. “Corvinus to Rathden…” It took a while for the mechanical voice to respond. “Sid here, what is it Sena?” “Sid, where are you? This is taking too long. First the house has to assemble, and now you keep us waiting? Ektrosis should not be treated this way, not even by its brass hats.” “I know, Sena. We’re doing the best we can. Right now there are some issues over who’s going to lead this operation. There have been some shifts in the chain of command since last we spoke. Hel’pa has been elevated to Pro Consul and they’ve made me Aedile.” Corvinus was surprised to hear at how quickly things moved sometimes. “But where’s Vodo?” Sena asked with slight concern, now certain that something serious had happened. “Vodo is currently indisposed. Details are coming, Sena. Please do what you can to calm everyone down until I’m ready to deal with this.” Corvinus sighed, he certainly understood the stress that came with leadership. Sid needed time? Than Sena would buy him some! “Understood, Aedile.” Sena spoke clearly in his comm., making sure Sid understood. Retuning the device to his pocket, Sena slowly move towards the front of the crowd that had gathered.

“Members of Ektrosis, if I may have your attention for one moment…” The crow hardly took notice. “Excuse me, people. Please listen…” Again, no one acknowledged Sena’s words. Corvinus smiled and turned to Corvus, whispering something to the bird. The Jackdaw immediately lifted off and flew up to the ceiling where it circled for a few moment. Corvinus summoned the power of his Phoenix medallion into his hands. Suddenly he stretched out his hands to either side and the fire of two nearby torches came to his palms. He then pulled his hands in and quickly stretched them out forward and upward, causing to balls of fire to ignite in mid air, meters above the crowd. Every one looked up and saw the circling bird above, thinking it had caused the fireworks. Corvus swooped down, followed by many eyes, and returned to his master’s shoulder.

“Good… Now that I have your attention, you would do well to head my words. Ektrosis is in a state of unrest. We are it’s foundation. Without a strong foundation, our leaders will be hard pressed to do their jobs. I know you don’t like to be kept waiting. But keep in mind that the House summit would not do this, unless it had a very good reason.” Sena looked around and saw that indeed everyone was still listening to him. “Now, in a few moments my friend and our Aedile will come up and inform us of the latest developments. And we will all observe proper etiquette when he speaks.” Many people in the crowd nodded in agreement. “Thank you, all.” Corvinus said last and stepped behind one of the pillars of the great hall. “Corvus, next time I have to settle something like this, remind me to write a damn memo.” He said with a slight smile. The bird crowed softly in response and tucked its beak underneath its right wing.