The Library Of Lears

Vodo

01-10-2007 16:09:17

ooc: standard RO rules apply. before posting, place a message acknowledging that fact, and then edit it to post your message. This will ensure posting order. Do not post twice in a row, and try to let other people post between you so that it doesn't become a back and forth arrangment. Amiz, Sklib and I will be directing the story, we may contact a few of you to help out at some point. Let the fun begin!

---------------

This was no good. No good what so ever. The Quaestor would be here in less than nine hours, and the investigation was all but just beginning. The Force-Insensitive Guardsmen that guarded the Library had only completed 20% of their search of the Library, and nothing had been turned up. The search was only the first stage. Afterward, they would begin searching the members of the house for the Artifact, and Vodo could only foresee how disturbed some of the arrogant Dark Jedi would become…

The library itself was massive. It sat, perched over the side of a cliff, so that only the main spire, and the two subsidiary spires to the sides could be seen from the landside, whereas, someone floating on the water of the cove, would see a majestic white crown-shaped edifice hanging from the rock wall. Suspended hundreds of feet above the water below, the Library offered magnificent views of the water out to see, the surrounding cliffs, and unique locations in which to meditate. That was merely the exterior. Inside, no expense had been spared in decorating the center of knowledge with rare items of exquisite nature, mysterious power, and ancient murals of the destruction of the Armies of the Light in millennia long past. Of the ten floors, seven contained shelves upon rows, upon cases of precious books, holo-projections, and tomes of Dark Side Lore and knowledge. Built to rival any thing the lesser clans could ever dream of, and even challenge the Great Library of Antei itself, this project had been Vodo’s dream and masterpiece.

The house warming had been ruined however, and with it, his mood. He would find the culprit responsible for taking the Library’s newest and most precious artifact, and his justice would be swift and ugly. It would serve as a warning to all who dared interfere with his plans.

For now however, he was forced to answer angry inquiries, and even more angry Elders. Alanna Taldrya was one of them, “Biask. I am leaving. I trust you will not stop me from doing so.”
The two had shared a strong working relationship, her as Envoy, him as Aedile, but her mood was sourer than his own it appeared, “I’m afraid I cannot m’Lady. The Library is locked down to everyone. You can remain here with everyone else.”

He did not remain there however to here her retort. Through the force however, he could feel her cold rage, and the storm of power she had to keep from lashing out with. He could tell those around her shared her anger, her impatience, and disappointment. The longer this dragged on the worse these feelings would become until someone snapped, and something bad happened.

“Biask, come here for a moment”, Dark Sabre Taldrya came over to him, his hands folded into his robes so that he looked all the more pensive. It bugged Vodo that all the Elder Dark Jedi and higher level Equites that had known him for years called him by his surname, rather than his rank and position, as was usual.
“Yes Master Taldrya?” he stressed Taldrya, giving due respect to the Son of Taldryan.
“I assume your security details are in full swing?”
“You would be correct in that assumption.”
Dark Sabre smiled, “And what would happen, would you say, if they found that certain members of this house did not wish to be searched?”
It was just the situation Vodo had feared, “Then those certain members of this house will have to deal with me…”

Dark Sabre smiled coyly and bowed his head before leaving. It would be a long day.

Bubbles

02-10-2007 09:22:50

Bubbles stepped away from Alanna as the reply from Vodo cut through the tense atmosphere. Not wishing to witness the fall-out, she began her cursory search of the immediate vicinity, muttering to herself about the fairly recent trend of referring to the Dark Jedi Mistress as ‘Lady’. Always has been Lannie, and always will be she thought to herself as she became more exacerbated with her fruitless search.

Reluctantly, she put herself in Vodo’s path, not really wanting to risk his wrath, but not content to wait until her goal materialised of its own accord. As he got closer, she noticed him veer away, obviously wanting to get on with his task unassailed, and unwilling to explain to yet another member of the house that no they could not leave.

She cleared her throat, “Vodo?” he looked up, the annoyance clear on his face, “I promise to stay, and not try to leave, and to help as much as I can,” his facial muscles relaxed slightly, “...on one condition.” They tightened again expectantly. “Just tell me you included a great big freezer in your plans for this place?”

Vodo

02-10-2007 15:12:46

His anger almost completely vanished in that moment, "How could I have forgotten Bubbs... You'll find a staircase that leads to a lower level along that corridor there."

He gestured to a hallway that broke off from the main chamber near the back, "Follow the signs to the cafeteria, the staff there already has instructions to allow you complete access to the frigidarium."

The light in her eyes almost outshone the newness of the entire building, and like a giddy little school girl, she skirted away, eager to seek out her treasure. This left Vodo alone once more, and in a sour mood. The Security details had just checked in, and their cursory report was not welcome. Nothing had been found, and they were awaiting permission to begin person to person sweeps.

Vodo had not answered their request as of yet, and would not until he could find someone he could trust...

DarkAmiz

03-10-2007 04:23:23

DarkAmiz had arrived as early as the first Ektrosians came flocking to this new attraction, or library, whichever you wish to call it. The first thing which came to amaze his mind was the magnificent structure, the enormous building which stood overlooking the huge water basin, as DarkAmiz likes to call it.

As he stepped inside the Library of Lears, DarkAmiz felt awed. The thousands of books which litter the shelves neatly arranged would bedazzle any book enthusiast. DarkAmiz was eager to begin his quest of reading these books, before disaster or something like it struck.

After listening to Vodo’s announcement, Amiz took a while and pondered his course of action. He looked around and scanned for Hex Battle Team members, he saw a few chatting over that side and what looked like a very happy Bubbles Taldrya.

That was strange… She must have found some ice cream or something…

DarkAmiz immediately started to move towards his Battle Team mates, eager to organize them and start doing something. Vodo might need some help…

Lokasena

03-10-2007 05:54:27

It had been a long time since Lokasena Corvinus had been held for a criminal investigation. His experience with the Lazarus Concordance had left him quite knowledgeable of the inner working of law enforcement. For better or worse, containment of the incident was a prudent course of action. He also knew, the more he cooperated, the sooner this would al be resolved so he could go about his business. The Jedi Hunter did not like being locked up against his will.
His first responsibility was Phoenix. He needed to account for all his team mates who had been present at the celebration. He had already seen Bubbles talking with Vodo.
As his eyes scanned the crowd, they fell on an other familiar face. “Protector Vosa…!” Sena called out loudly. The young woman turned her head in the direction of Sena’s voice. After seeing him in between the masses, Komari stepped toward her Battle Team Leader.
“Tetrarch…” She nodded with feigned formality. Lokasena always smiled when she did that.
At seeing his smile, Komari relaxed her shoulders. “Sena, what’s going on? What’s this artefact they keep mentioning?” Lokasena’s jaw muscles tightened. “I do not know. We need to round up Phoenix. Try to find as many members as you can and bring them here. I will do the same. We will meet back here in fifteen minutes. Make haste and be discrete…” Komari locked eyes with him for a moment. “Why? What do you know?” “Nothing yet! That’s what troubles me. Go, quickly…”

Bubbles

03-10-2007 13:55:42

Struggling back up from the lower levels with her arms piles high with ice-cream tubs, Bubbles gestured to the nearest guard to clear a table; her longing for ice-cream not quite outweighing her respect for the great tombs currently occupying it.

Setting the tubs down in an almost tidy manner, she reached into a pocket of her robe, bringing out a large handful of spoons, certain that the ice-cream would not last long enough to melt if the rest of Ektrosis was given half a chance. Selecting the two largest spoons, she picked up two tubs of Extra Special Ekky Ice-Cream, and started picking her way through the crowds. Komari caught her eye from across the hall, inclining her gaze towards Sena, who was deep in conversation with another member of the Phyle. Nodding to Komari, Bubbs held up a finger to indicate she would be with them momentarily, and continued fighting her way through towards her Aedile, who was again looking like an angry little boy whose birthday had been ruined by someone breaking his shiny new train set.

Placing her ice-cream down on a table next to him, she forced a spoon into one hand, followed by a tub of ice-cream into the other. “I don’t care how important that artefact is, you’ll be in a much better mood to deal with us rabble once you’ve eaten some of the rather special ice-cream the mastermind who designed this place decided to buy in.” she winked at him, not waiting for a reply. “It’s not the first time something has gone missing, and it won’t be the last, and those amongst us who are going to be tetchy about whatever you decide, are going to be tetchy whatever you decide. If you need a hand with anything, you know where to find me, and until then, I think my Tetrach is also in need of ice-cream.”

OOC: Vodo - you call me a giddy little school girl, I call you an angry little birthday boy ;)

Lokasena

04-10-2007 14:09:13

“Sorry Sena, I could only find Bubbles.” Komari seemed worried. She did not like disappointing her Tetrarch. “It’s okay Komari, I couldn’t find any of the others either.” Lokasena turned around to stare into the face of Bubbles.
“I can see, by the smudge of Extra Special Ekky ice-cream on your cheek, that you never fail to indulge in your obsessions, dear Bubbles.” The Tetrarch smiled at her. “Perhaps now we can focus on establishing a time line for our activities. Ladies, I hate to ask but, where have you both been the past hour?”

The crowd around them was very restless. People were cursing and fondling their weapons. Something had to be done soon. It would probably be a good idea for the House leaders to reassure their subordinates. Lokasena could use some reassurance himself. Concentrating on the issue at hand, Corvinus focused on his lovely team mates. “Well ladies, spit it out!”

Bubbles

04-10-2007 16:30:34

Catching sight of Sena’s gaze towards her cheek, Bubbles pulled a handkerchief out of another of her robe’s pockets and deftly wiped the ice-cream smudge from her cheek.

“Tetrach, I am sure you are aware of the extensive research conducted by this house into the beneficial effects of ice-cream, namely releasing endophins upon consumption which are proven to have a calming effect upon those connected more strongly than others with the force....taking this into account, I decided the most prudent action to attempt to prevent a riot was to ensure supplies of such ice-cream were freely available.” She winked at Sena, “But perhaps more relevant to this conversation, I was exploring....I’ve always found new buildings fascinating, and knowing Vo....Aedile Bisak, I was eager to discover any...unexpected...areas. So I’m very sorry, but I have absolutely no alibi if that’s what you’re asking. However I can assure you these robes leave very little space to conceal all but the smallest of artefacts.”

DarkAmiz

04-10-2007 23:23:42

…Amiz picked out a book from a shelf and began browsing. While doing so he noticed other Battle Team members clearly getting organized. Not one for panicking, he leaned towards a bookshelf and read the book, instantly engrossed by the story inside.

Before long, he had finished the book. It was interesting, but not interesting enough. He took out his Inter Com and sent out a message to all Hex members to immediately assemble at his spot, should they still be alive and most importantly, trapped as the Omwati was in this heaven of knowledge.

Mmm, ice cream. Maybe I can… No, I must not. Must organize team mates. Must… Ah heck, I’ll just wait here and keep an eye out. The other eye can…

He took out another book, and again began browsing.

Vodo

05-10-2007 01:10:40

Bubbles' gift did nothing but weight his arms down, but he let a small smile grace his face in her presence; there was something about that woman that no one could resist, a certain charm she held that made the very air around her seem that much fresher. Vodo shook himself out of it, now was not the time to be drifting off into fantasies. It appeared as though Lokasena had gathered hi Tyros about him in order to ascertain their whereabouts, something the Aedile found very satisfying about the young Leader. Though Sena was still a suspect, he appreciated the effort, as long as it didn't turn into a full on investigation of the house. Vodo would rather see isolated pockets of anger than a full fledged civil war.

"Guards... Begin your search of the Jedi on sub level two. Begin with the highest ranking, and work your way down. No one is to move between levels from now on. You are authorized to use deadly force if necessary."

"Understood Aedile. Beginning Search"

So it would begin. The Force tingled in a familiar way, something he could not place, something that seemed so recent, but put so far back in his mind that he could not recall what it was he was feeling. The momentary sensation passed by however and his head returned to the now. Dark Saber was on that Sub Level, it occured to him, and so was Alanna. Two of the House's strongest Krath, the two with the most reason to snatch the secreted artifact held in the newest Krath Library... Only time would show whether they resisted investigation by the Library guards.

ooc: angry little birthday boy is fine by me!

Lokasena

05-10-2007 09:47:57

Sena could not help his eyes travelling over Bubbles physique. “I’m sure you’re right.” he said with a smile. “What about you, Protector?” Lokasena gazed over at Komari. She looked very nervous. “Well, you know we came in together, sir. After that, I kind of drifted along with the crowd. I’m sure that people saw me, but I can’t really say who.” Sena became worried. He knew that everyone was suspect. He himself had lingered alone for far to long after most of Ektrosis had already entered. He could not, for the life of him, recall who might have seen him. Then, there was still the matter of the Phoenix members that were unaccounted for.

“Where is Dark Sabre? Any of you two seen him?” Both women told him no. “Wait a minute,” said Bubbles “what’s happening?” Sena turned to see what his Tyro saw. He did not like it. A group of guards was scrambling towards the staircases.
“Damn, this situation will get out of hand real soon.” Vosa caught his gaze. “Why are you so worried, sir?” “Because as a Battle Team Leader, I am responsible for my team mates. Right now, there are far too many blanks. It won’t be long before they start searching us. If any of those guards tries to handle you ladies, I will gladly dissuade them.” Again he permitted himself a little smile. “Not that you two can’t handle your yourselves!” Bubbles and Vosa nodded.
Lokasena calmed himself and tried to relax. All would be alright. They had nothing to hide and he had full confidence in the powers that be. But why then, were there alarm bells going off in his mind?

Vardar

05-10-2007 18:32:14

Vardar lifted his gaze off the book he was reading as some of the library's guards ran past. He felt a slight tremor in the Force and knew Amiz was approaching.

'Vardar, there has been a-', started Amiz
'I know', interrupted Vardar slamming his book on the table, 'This is what I get for being in this House. I try to actually do research on ancient combat and suddenly someone decides they want more cool artifacts to add to their collection. I swear, if it weren't for the respect I have for this clan I would be sabering a hole in one of these walls just to get some air.'
'...Yes...well, on a side note, you will have to be frisked.'
'You're kidding.', Vardar said in disbelief.
'I'm afraid not.', replied Amiz hastily 'I have tried to set up a line of sorts on this level...with the members of Hex, at least.'
'So everyone currently in this library is going to have to be fondled by some drooling pervert who enjoys his job too much?'
'Well, when you put it like that........yes.'

Vardar let out a sigh and followed Amiz.

'This is what I get for hanging around these Krath. I'm surprised this kind of thing doesn't happen more often, they are as weak in defense as they are in offense.'
'I heard that..' Amiz said through the Force.

Vardar focused and closed his mind as he joined up with the other members of the Hex Battle Team.

DarkAmiz

06-10-2007 09:03:22

“Roger that Vardar. Good to see you here too then.”

DarkAmiz looked around and counted his Battle Team members. He looked from left to right and saw only 5 members altogether.

Maybe that is alright. Still, not bad.

“OK Vardar, you make sure they stay here while I go check upon Vodo for orders. Do not disappear again people. Dire consequences for those who be gone before I return. We need to stick together if we’re gonna avoid these hoodlums in uniform.”

Amiz points his team mates in the direction of the guards, who were starting to figure out a way to conquer their fear, so that they can search the Dark Jedi Masters of Ektrosis.

Who is missing, who is missing… Why isn’t everyone here…

Amiz then walked over to where Vodo was, and asked a very simple question,

“What should we do now?”

Vodo

06-10-2007 13:09:06

The Twi'lek rubbed his temples softly with both hands, and as the young Jedi Hunter approached, Vodo took a deep breath to remain clam, "You are doing well so far Commander Amiz. For now, remain with your team, and if you wish, interogate their whereabouts during the time of the theft. Under no circumstances are you to start a search of your own, am I understood?"

Understood had been emphasized through the force, slightly pushing the Jedi Hunter backwards. Amiz nooded swiftly, and turned on his heels to return to his Battleteam.

Vodo's headache was already growing more serious as Master Jun had already killed one guard before submitting to a voluntary full body search. The small strands of light saber resitant Cortosis in the Guard's body armor was designed rather to deflect a lucky glancing blow rather than the full force of a swing, and was little more use than a robe in that aspect. The courage and steadfastness shown by the Guards was admirable, but impart to intense concentration on Vodo's behalf, as he instilled their supernatural serentity.

At the far end of the Library, Vodo could make out some of the new arrivals to the House, all APP and NOC. They were unsure of what was happening, unsure of how to handle it, and all at once, frightened. There was a large group of them, so their unfamiliar force signitures blended together, making it hard for the already beleagured Preist to detect and and everyone of them. For slightest instant owever, that feelings of Familiarity returned, and vanished. Surely, he was going mad.

Bubbles

06-10-2007 15:10:12

Bubbs grinned at Sena, a sparkle in her eye, “Depending on which of those guards conducts the searches, your dissuasion may or may not be well received from this quarter. Besides, I have nothing to hide, and I’d far rather be of use to Vodo in discovering what happened than an obstruction. Give me a choice between tracking down a thief and standing around bickering and I know which I would far rather be doing.” She kicked the nearest table leg, “If our Aedile is worried about me getting tetchy over anything, it should be making me stand here and do nothing.” Grinning, she added quietly, “Tho I wouldn’t mind being in the room when they try to search Lannie!”

OOC: Damn you all, my CS is NOT meant to indicate that I’m overweight......time to change it methinks..... :P

Vardar

07-10-2007 18:01:47

Shortly after Amiz had left, Vardar sat down. However, instead of continuing with his reading, he decided to follow his orders and glance at the Battle Team members. They all appeared as they normally would. Being stuck in the library didn't seem to affect any of them.

'Damn these Krath. I always forget, being stuck in libraries is what they do for a living. I'd try to start a conversation on sabre combat with Figzer, but Obelisks are reknowned for their grunting and "me smash" attitude.'

Vardar gazed across the room at the members of Phoenix. They seemed pretty mellow as well, but made conversation with each other. His eyes stopped for mere moments when looking at the female members. Primal thoughts came to mind, but he was quick to silence them. Turning to the rest of Hex, he could notice some of them dispersing.

'Hey! Get back here! Didn't you get your orders, soldiers? Stand here until the Commander gets back or I shall be forced to use force. And by force, I mean Force.', the members of Hex obeyed. They were clearly annoyed, however.

Looking at the members of Hex he couldn't help but feel like his potential as a warrior was being held back. Being trapped in a building made him feel cramped and uneasy. It must have shown in his body language because a few people were looking at him. He tried to make his discomfort less obvious. His own thoughts began to disperse, every fiber in his being urged to move, to get out. He tried to focus, but to no avail. He could only see two things in his mind. His sabre and the people stopping him from leaving. Still trying to focus he wished, for the others' sake, the commander to be back soon.

DarkAmiz

07-10-2007 18:53:53

Amiz immediately did as he was told. He did not like to cross his summit. He walked a few meters before turning around his head slightly, in order to look at the stressed Vodo. His eyes gazed at Vodo questioningly, wondering what precious artifact could change the character of this Aedile of Ektrosis so much.

As he turned around to look at his Battle Team, he saw an amusing sight. Amiz laughed quietly to himself as he saw Master Jun cut down a guard before letting herself get checked. This event shows how much tension has arisen in the library, proving that people might explode if they are bottled up here further. Plus, being suspected is not quite a good ego-booster.

As he got back to Hex, he noticed Vardar’s body shaking slightly, as if shivering. Knowing this Sith Warrior will not shiver because of fear, Amiz thought maybe that Vardar hated being locked up in confined spaces like this. Amiz would have hated it too, if not for the vast amount of knowledge around him. Oh yes, even for a Sith, he is a very avid reader.

“Fellow brethren, I have spoken to Aedile Vodo, and this was what I managed to understand from his very tense words. He said that we should stay here, and not think of doing something rash like conducting our own investigations.”

Amiz winked at his team mates before going on, “He asked us to give full cooperation, but in your case Master Jun, I’m sure he would understand. Maybe we could use less force as in power and start to hoodwink them using the true Force.”

Amiz turned his head towards one of the guards, who immediately backed away a few steps.

“I am supposed to also interrogate you on your whereabouts during the great theft. Even so, I trust you guys and I believe that none of you would do such a thing. And if you did, I expect you won’t get caught…”

Amiz noticed Vardar begin sweating as the first beads of sweat began to appear on his forehead. Amiz looked at all his other team members and noticed a few looking uneasy, while the Kraths looked eager to continue their adventure inside the magnificent library.

“For your sakes Vardar, I hope they don’t make this too long. In the mean time, I personally think…”

Here Amiz lowered his voice and whispered to his Team Members who were listening intently.

“…we should devise a plan of action. One, in case everything went ok and we get to find the crook. Two, in case everything went bad and one of us is caught. Three, how we can get out of here without having to kill too many guards, if the situation arise, let’s hope it won’t. They are(the guards) Ektrosians too.”

Vodo

07-10-2007 21:53:34

"Sir, some one is on a rampage on Sub-Level Three!"
Vodo snapped the Comlink from his belt and snapped, "What color saber!?"
The sound of a saber hissing in the background could be heard, "Blue sir!"
"And rank?"
The man could not respond however. Vodo heard the slice of the Saber as it passed through the the guards organic matter, and killed him with a muffled yell.
"Sithspawn!" Vodo sneered and his eyes snapped to several guurds who were holding position above the stairs leading to the next landing down. They nodded and left their positions to head down the stairs.

Vodo could sense the Jedi below him causing the disturbance, Mal'ari'carun. He could feel the anger and frustration, but there were also emotions of which he could not discern. He had to get down there before the Library's sentinals obeyed his orders to use deadly force. The force giuding his steps, he cleared the space between him and the staircase leading down, and leapt over the railings to the floor below. His saber was at hand in a blur, and in another moment, he had moved to block Mal's next strike, which had meant to sever a man's head.

Vodo's violet blade clashed angrily with the other Priest's blue blade, "Release me Biask!"
The Blue Robed Priest's roars went on answered as Vodo swiftly, and deftly disarmed him, usign the force to grab his saber.

"Mal, you will sit" Vodo's eyes did not break with Mal'ari'carun's, but the force enhanced command did not even cause the enraged Priest to falter.

In the floor above however, Vardar stormed to the nearby balcony, overhanging the vast bay below. The translucent balcony, he believed, would bring him some calm. As he passed a small group of Acolytes however, he felt something familiar. Somehting he could not place, something that was there, but... Not there?

He couldn't remember when he'd last felt this feeling, but it had been recently, and the fleeting feeling left him aprehensive, and off ease.

Vardar

08-10-2007 06:53:00

Vardar looked down at Vodo. He could tell he had projected his feelings upon the aedile without meaning to. Vodo returned his look and instantly Vardar knew for sure that something very strange was going on.
As the Battlemaster turned to look at Hex, he noticed how the others were looking at him as well. Varar's thoughts had been dispersing ever since the lockdown came in effect. Vardar shielded his mind to the best of his current environment-affected abilities.
Behind him, the other members of Hex were discussing the next course of action. It hadn't been Vardar's choice to be in the Battle Team and so he had always been slightly more independent than the others. As he wrestled with his mind, he couldn't care less what the others were deciding.
He tried to reach out with the Force, but...

'Vardar!' yelled Nexus from behind him. 'Are you ok?'
Vardar stood silent for a moment a bit disoriented from the interruption of his meditation. 'Whatever I might be feeling at this moment, Nexus, is considerably unimportant compared to what you will be feeling if you don't get back to the group and leave me alone.' Vardar spoke with anger, he was shaking again. The young krath returned to the rest of Hex.

Vardar closed his eyes and reached outward..

Lokasena

08-10-2007 09:09:30

Lokasena sensed trouble. A member of Phoenix was in danger. “Excuse me, ladies!” he said quickly to Bubbs and Komari. As fast as he could, the Krath made his way to the staircase that lead to the Sub-Levels. As the Jedi Hunter stormed through the door, a guard tried to stop him. Sena jabbed his fist into the man’s throat. The guard went down.

The Phoenix Tetrarch stormed through the corridors toward the area where Mal’ari’carun was resisting Vodo. As he saw the two men, Sena bellowed; “What the hell is going on here?”
Both men turned to look at him.

“Aedile Biask, when you have a problem with one of my men, I would prefer it if you first mentioned it to me.” Sena’s tone was urgent yet respectful. “I will handle this, Tetrarch. Stand down!” Sena stood tall and straightened his shoulders. With due respect yet much louder this time, Sena quickly replied. “Sir, if something is amiss, then I will deal with it. You may discipline me but only I discipline my men!” The Hunter’s gaze did not falter as his Aedile returned it. Corvinus had always preached loyalty.

Now had come the time to practise what he preached. Loyalty to his House and to his team mates. A rule he would stand by, no matter what the cost. Sena’s stomach turned as he waited for Vodo’s reaction.

Bubbles

08-10-2007 14:04:54

Bubbles rolled her eyes as Sena stormed away towards the doors. Discarding her empty ice-cream tub and spoon onto the nearest table, she hurridly followed her Tetrach to the next level of the building, pausing only to glance at Vardar, “Tetrachs first, Pixie’s later” she muttered to herself. The guard who Sena had laid out tried to regain his feet but failed. Not pausing to give him chance to argue she swept past, “The choice is yours, you try to them doing something rash, or I do.” The guard took the option of allowing Bubbles the honour.

Hanging back as Sena reached Vodo’s side, Bubbles listened intently to his words. She nodded slightly to herself and smiled. Then moved forward and sat herself down cross-legged within easy view of the both of them. “Forgive the intrusion gentlemen, but I grew curious recently when reminding myself of the basics of conflict mediation at the Shadow Academy. As you both hold positions of the utmost respect within this house, and are both said to be masters at the art, I would appreciate the chance to learn as one should in a building such as this.”

Vodo

08-10-2007 16:16:48

"You are right of course Bubbles. Look around you however, how many bodies do you see?"

At their feet were three guards, now laying in neatly cleaved positions, two missing the upper halves of their body, with the third, the one that had been in communication with Vodo at his time of death was featured in a rather gruesome scene in which the greater part of his skull and his forearm, still clutching the comlink in hand.

Before any of those present could answer however, more guards arrived, and were signaled by their Aedile to remove Mal to a holding pen. Vodo attached the Priest's Saber to his belt line and kept his own in hand.

"Mal, because of his actions here, innocent or not, has brought further interrogations upon himself, something that could have been avoided."

Of the crowds on that floor however, Raistline stepped forward, his saber in hand, "This all could have been avoided if you would do something about the problem rather than perpetuate the illusion of holding us here in a peaceful manner."

"I respect your opinion Master, but with all do respect, I will handle this situation as I see fit. If you would like to volunteer to join Priest Mal'ari'carun downstairs, you may do so. Until then, you will submit to a search by my Guards."

The two stared at each other fiercely until elder equite dropped his rigid shoulders and holstered his saber, "Do what you must..."

Vodo looked around the room, both at those present around him, Vardar, Sena, and those looking on from above on the landing, "Complaints can be directed to Bubbles, who has graciously volunteered herself for the duty..."

With that, he stormed off. His best intentions were even turning them against him.

Alanna

08-10-2007 17:17:08

Alanna watched the proceedings in stony silence. Normally she would be content to be locked into a library for a couple of days, and would relish the opportunity to 'encourage' some of the younger sith and obbies to partake of the wonders there enclosed. But not today. No, today was supposed to be her day for baking a fresh batch of cookies, then slipping into a relaxing bubble bath with a glass of something sparkly. Being detained here did not a happy Lannie make.

She caught a group of young padawans watching her out of the corners of their eyes, obviously waiting for an eruption of some sort. Fine, they could have one.

"If I catch any of you staring at me again, I will order you to remove all of your garmets and submit to the most rigorous search of your person that you have ever imagined. It will not be fun or pleasant, and it will be conducted in the middle of this library. Clear?"

The group of young jedi nodded sheepishly and shuffled backwards.

Alanna added under her breath with a wry smile, "I may yet order the males amongst you to do that anyway...". A few of the group caught her words and looked at her as if uncertain that they had heard correctly. They quickly averted their eyes as she glared at them again.

Alanna deftly stepped into Vodo's path as he stormed away from his small gathering. He altered his path in an attempt to avoid yet another angry elder, but the Jedi Mistress was having none of it.

"Vodo, this is getting ridiculous. If I'd wanted to steal valuable artifacts I could have done so during my tenure as Krath High Priestess; goodness knows the stuff in the Antei vaults was more tempting than anything we have here. I have been a loyal member of Taldryan for more years than you and was a member of this house back when it was independent of any clan. If you wish to accuse me of something, please do so and I will answer any questions the Justicar may have for me. If not, I will be returning to my quarters."

Alanna glared around at the jedi who had paused their conversations to listen.

"And if anyone so much as thinks about searching me it will be the last thought that they have for a very long time."

Vardar

09-10-2007 18:07:54

As Vodo moved about talking to different members, Vardar looked at Bubbles who in turn answered to complaints of his clansmen. Vardar decided to walk away. He could see Alanna still present.

'And there she goes. At least she's not bothering me with underlings this time. I don't know what she sees in most of them. Sometimes I just want to snap their necks like-'
'Say, Vardar.' Bubbles interrupted his line of thought. 'You usually talk more. No complaints about this whole thing?'
Vardar, still disoriented, could only manage a dry 'No.' as he walked back to his chair.

He sat down and looked around. The ektrosian library was certainly a grand place. The towering bookcases, the corridors stretching out into the distance. Vardar felt his eyes unfocusing as they do when one is tired or falling asleep. Even though he had to close them, he felt more aware than ever. All thoughts were still on the outside and finding a way to get out, however.

Vodo

10-10-2007 00:20:22

ooc: I'm going to start several different missions for several people. If you are given one, explore the possibilities of that story until you find a good place to jump back into the main story, and look for subtle clues as to what is going on. Remember not to affect the plot, but to play around in it!

ic:

With her eyes aflame, and the effect of her power not so unpresent, Vodo could all but resist the sudden urge within him to agree with the former Krath High Priestess. With a gagging reflex, and a shuddering of his tensed neck muscles, the Priest managed to utter only a few words, "I'm sorry m'Lady, but you will remain here."

Alanna was usually a Woman of profoundly reserved emotion, but for one instant, her enormous power pulsed through the Aedile. The air cracked wickedly, and with a blue flash, the Twi'lek was thrown into a wall ten meters distant. Without a single word more, she turned on her heel and left the gathering of nearby Dark Jedi. She was let pass without interruption, lest they invoke the same fate as Vodo Biask.

The Aedile was still alive, or so he thought. His body hurt, not just from the immense force with which he had struck the solid wall with, but rather with the dancing bolts of blue lightning that continued to arc across his visible flesh for several seconds. The burning in his Lekku head tails subsided after a few minutes. The assembled members of the House Hold stood and stared, no one moving forward to help him to his feet.

Amiz removed himself from the crowd. He was becoming disgusted with the situation. The Aedile was not handling the investigation properly, and as Tetrarch, he felt that he should have a hand in discovering the true culprit of the crime. He'd been told rather coldly however not conduct an independent search, so he would be careful not to involve others. His first priority was to take a look at the vault, so that he could get an understanding of the methods involved in stealing the mysterious Artifact, and see what he would do from there.

Bubbles was also becoming frustrated. The temporary loss of Alanna's temper had put her on edge as well, causing her to feel trapped, confined, and restless. Surely nothing good could come from these emotions. Their training had always consisted of utilizing these emotions to lash out, but would she be able to keep them in?

Vodo managed get to his feet, avoiding the eyes of those around him and retreated into a meditation room so that he was alone. He did not need anyone to see him now. He was a disgrace.

DarkAmiz

10-10-2007 04:19:23

Amiz was clearly unhappy at the lack of discipline his Battle Team members are showing. Even if his tenure as Tetrarch was barely starting, he hold himself responsible for their definite lack of self control, even if they were Dark Jedi after all.

Using the force, Amiz picked out two books from the shelves and threw it at both Raistline Majere and Vardar Fen Amar Ordo. The books hit them both with a thud, and left them guessing who threw the books.

“What? Who did this? I’m so gonna kill you…” shouted Vardar at no one in particular.

“Damn. Picking a fight young one?” mentioned Raist at one of the younger acolytes.

Snickering quietly, Amiz again used the force to hide his presence ever so slightly and walked stealthily away from the mess he created from the chaos before.

They will have to unite on their own, I’ve had enough of this.

With that thought clearly going through his angered mind, he stepped away from the room through one of the doorways nearby. No one seemed to notice his departure, or so he thought and cared.

Lokasena

11-10-2007 07:04:07

“Tetrarch Corvinus, it is your turn to be searched.” Immediately, Sena flashed the guard a look that made the young man step back. “It would be difficult for a Dark Jedi to convince me to be searched. You will find that for you it will be near to impossible.” Lokasena spat the words at the guard. He did not stand down, however. “Good Tetrarch, I like a challenge!” At this, Sena’s eyes reflected the fire in his soul. “I WILL NOT HAVE MY AUTHORITY CHALLENGED BY YOU!” This time, the guard wavered. “That’s not what I meant, sir… uhm…” “If you can not say what you mean, then perhaps you should say nothing at all!”

At this. Lokasena turned on his heel. He was angry, very angry. He had always been slow to anger and even slower to forget. This incident with one of his Battle Team members had him all worked up. Vodo had not even addressed him. Instead he talked to Bubbles.
Sena respected Bubbles and did not begrudge her this. He was, however, more than offended by the conduct of Vodo.

Sena returned to ground level. Immediately his eyes fell on Protector Vosa. “Komari, get over here!” The young woman hasted towards him. “I do not know what is going on here, but I do not like it. When trouble breaks out, stick close to me.” Komari’s eyes were wide open. “Who can we trust, Sena?” “Trust no one outside of Phoenix! Come, I must speak with the Lady Alanna.” Both Dark Jedi made their way through the crowd.

Bubbles

11-10-2007 08:58:00

Bubbles watched Sena storming away, part of her felt even more frustrated by his actions, but the larger part completely understood his reaction. Searching the room quickly for signs of her Aedile, she spotted the tail end of his robes disappearing into a meditation room. Pushing her way through those who had gathered to add their complaints to her list, she directed them towards the table of now slightly melted ice-cream, with promises that she would be back shortly.

Following Vodo into the room, she was met with an icy glower. “I’m sorry, Aedile, I know you want only some time on your own, but I urgently need your advice,” she paused, waiting for an explosion, none came, “So, the advice is regarding a superior who is acting out of sorts, and quite possibly not in the best interests of the House, which is very much at odds with his normal behaviour. He seems to think everyone around him is plotting his downfall, when all they want to do is help solve the matter at hand as quickly and efficiently as possible. Of course they will not like everything he has to do, but he doesn’t seem to realise that involving them and talking to them might help. You have always acted fairly and wisely in tha past, and have earned the respect of the house through your actions, so I would be grateful if you would tell me what you think I should do?”

Vodo

11-10-2007 09:25:57

The Twi'lek had just managed to make himself comfortable on one o the generous meditation couches, a plush round stool on which a fairly large bipedal creature could comfortably cross their legs and contemplate the fleeting energies of their mine. The almost immediate arrival of Bubbles however nearly knocked him off the pad, but his composure remained.

"Bubbles", the complete lack of formality or title was not missed by either, "Have a seat".

The older Dark Jedi bowed her head gracefully and took a seat on a table protruding from the wall so that she faced the Aedile. Vodo was rubbing his sinus's, as though they were bothering him greatly, "I... I'm lost and confused, I don't know what I can do, or how I should do it. I know i can't merely ask them to submit to a search, and I can't trust those around me to aid in a search, because they too are suspects. I must suspect everyone!"

"But what of those that have been cleared by your guards?"

Vodo met her gaze briefly, before averting his eyes, "Even those are still under suspicion. The Artifact is small enough to hide on a person's being, but it is possible that they stashed it somewhere so that it would not be discovered. Until the artifact is found, everyone here is to be considered the culprit..."

"I don't understand why you have to be so bullheaded about it!" Vodo was surprised when she stood up, and stood over him. From his seated position on the low couch, she towered over him, "I can't... I can't explain it right now"

But he didn't have to. There was little an Equite +1 could hide from her, even with Vodo's extensive history of managing to block her out. His mental stability seemed to be failing, large amounts of stress it seemed. His thoughts were still fuzzy, but at the center of it all, the Epis saw an image of their Quaestor, Hel-Pa Sklib.

Lokasena

11-10-2007 14:15:26

“This confinement has me bordering insanity.” Sena said to Komari as they scanned the crowd for Alanna. “I mean, I realise that Vodo is doing what he think is right, but that is no excuse for these harsh measures.” Lokasena’s history was full of unjust accusations and confinements. This was the primary reason why he reacted so strongly to this situation.

“You always taught me that it is sometimes necessary to do what we are told, despite our personal feelings. That obedience brings victory and victory brings life.” Komari had her hand on the hilt of her whip, ready for any resistance. Lokasena raised an eyebrow at Vosa’s remark. “As you may recall, young Tyro, I also taught you that a Tetrarch leads the unit, not his superiors. That is the order of things!”

Corvinus also had his hand on the hilt of his Mormegill. “Besides, Vodo is very secretive about this stolen artefact. If knowledge is power than to be unknown is to unconquerable. One wonders why he is so suspicious of others, when his own misdirections leave much to be desired. I respect Vodo as a leader but he should feel confident about those he can and can not trust. No one gets far without help.”
Sena sighed as he continued to look for the Dark Jedi Mistress. “If Vodo needs our help, he needs but to ask. That is the order of things!”

Finally his eyes caught a glimpse of Alanna Taldrya. Corvinus needed advice and Alanna had never before steered him wrong.

Bubbles

12-10-2007 03:38:52

As the image of Sklib entered her mind, Bubbs struggled to cover her laughter, a slight giggle escaping. “Sklib? You’re worried about what he’ll say, or the artefact is his?” she grinned “Never mind, if that’s what’s stressing you I know exactly what you need...and for once it’s not ice-cream!”

“Just think. What would Sklib rather come home to, a House in the ravages of Civil War and a missing artefact that everyone’s forgotten about, or a House working together and growing stronger searching for said artefact, whether or not it’s been found? If you want my advice,” she paused thoughtfully before continuing, “which you probably don’t right now, but tough, you’re getting it anyway. Set the Phyles a challenge to find whatever it is that was taken, give them something to do. Yes, sure, there may be someone among them you can’t trust, but the others you CAN. I can promise you right now that if the culprit turns out to be someone in Hex not a single member of Phoenix will cover for them, and vice versa...” She stopped, adding softly, “Unless it’s Betja, in which case I might struggle, but he’s still Phoenix really anyway...” A wave of sadness crossed her face before she continued, “Anyway, you said yourself that forcing this search on them won’t prove anything anyway, so what’s the point? Yes, we’re all under suspicion, but we’re all here inside this building and we’re not going anywhere, so give us something to do before we tear each other apart! You might as well use all the pent-up energy to work for you rather than against you.”

“You don’t have to find this artefact alone Vodo, you just have to find it.” She winked at him, but as for what you need right now,”...pulling the Aedile to his feet she gave him a big hug before holding him at arms length and playfully clouting him round the ear. “Now stop being such an idiot, have a think, get yourself sorted, and I’ll see you outside, okay? Right now I need to go and decide whether my Tetrach or my ickle pixie is going to explode first.”

As she headed towards the door she paused, “You’re the only one holding yourself back here Vodo. Stop worrying about what people might think of you, we all have the utmost respect, everyone knows you’re in an impossible situation, just make the most of it, like you always have done.”

DarkAmiz

12-10-2007 03:48:47

As soon as Amiz got out of the hall, he almost regretted doing such a rash action. It would certainly leave his team mates without a leader and most importantly, disregard a very stern order from his Clan Summit. Then he looked back and saw a few guards nearing Vardar, who seemed to not care anymore. Smiling to himself, Amiz walked on randomly, even if he did not know where to go.

After going on for quite some while, Amiz came to what was a grand structure, shaped like a spire. This huge structure must be the part he heard of, the home of the grand stair case! He somehow knew that this is his destiny, to find, investigate and observe the great vaults themselves. Quickly and impatiently, Amiz made his move down the spiral stairs, glancing at every floor he passed. He noticed thousands of shelves housing millions of books. This sight sorely tempted Amiz to stop and browse, but he washed away the seduction of these books with the prospect of finally seeing the great vaults themselves.

As he went down, he saw parts of the library separated from the others by something unseen by the naked eye. Sensing through the force and using common sense, Amiz guessed this was some sort of invisible walls preventing unwanted intruders. Knowing such was common for guarding special objects, but not enough to actually defend them, this must not be the vaults, but some sort of special part of the library.

I feel a feeling I have never felt before. Suddenly I feel at home in this immense building, even if I have been here barely one day. I daresay this will be my most favorite structure in all of the Universe!

Finally Amiz reached one part that showed presence of more guards than other parts. Again using the force to hide himself ever so slightly, Amiz stealthily made his way around the location. Feeling with the force every once and again, he somehow knew where he was going, as if some part of the force was leading him, guiding him with its eerie aura.

Then he stopped short. His mouth gaped open, nothing could contain his emotions. What he saw made everything he saw until then null, so grand was the great vault itself.

Vardar

12-10-2007 18:46:10

As Amiz wandered around the premises, Vardar was having a conversation with the four guards.

'We must-' started one of the guards.
'If you're going to say that you must search me.' interrupted Vardar 'you will find that those will be the last words to come out of your mouth for a long long time.'
'But, master, the orders came fr-' tried another.
'I don't care if the orders came in the form of escaping gas from the remains of Palpatine himself! Do I have to demonstrate what will happen if you even try?'

Farther away the other members of Hex seemed amused to watch Vardar's situation.
'50 credits say he kills two of them.' said Figzer, turning to the rest of Hex.
'Wow, you really don't know our young Flight Leader. 100 credits say he kills them all.' replied Raistline.
'I'm taking that bet!' exclamated Figzer.
'Who said he'd kill them all?' asked Nexus.
'Raist.' answered Figzer.
'I'm with Rasitline on this one, then.'

Meanwhile, back to where Vardar was..

'...oh and the long hours, you wouldn't imagine!' spoke one of the guards exhaling some cigarette smoke.
'And of course, living in constant fear of being eliminated just for talking.' continued another one. After his remark, several sounds of agreement were from the other ones.
'Oh boy. You guys have no idea the kind of crap I have to put up with. Just the other day I had to walk 5 people around the system to show them the various installations of our clan. I'm being used as a tour guide. Me!'
Some sighs were heard and they all just stared at the ground for a minute.

'Anyway' risked one of the guards. 'We still have to search you.'
'Search me for what, anyway?' asked Vardar.
'That is not information we can divulge' Vardar started to raise his hand 'And we've been conditioned to resist mental manipulation through the Force.'
'Look, just walk away.' said Vardar.
'We can't do that, Sir.' As the guard spoke, Vardar was more annoyed than ever yet tried to restrain himself as Amiz had counselled.
'Ok, fine! You drove me to this. You want to search me?? Search this!' Vardar threw down his hood and cape and undid his belt. As he opened his robes, the guards looked away and started walking. 'Yeah! Get the hell outta here before I really get angry and kill you all!'
As Vardar looked across the room, he noticed the shocked look on the faces of the members of both Hex and Phoenix. He quickly closed his robes, rendered himself presentable once again and got back to his book and desk.

A bit down the bookshelf hallway..

'Well, guys. Seeing as how killing none is closer to killing two than killing them all... I'll be collecting 100 credits from each of you.' The rest of the members of Hex still looked shocked from their Flight Leader's actions yet still had to pay Figzer. 'Finally' he thought 'being stuck here may not have been a total waste after all.'

Lokasena

13-10-2007 03:51:17

Lokasena looked over to Vardar’s display. A slight smile on his visage. “I guess what they say is true…” “What’s that?” asked Komari. “You can tell the men from the boys by the size of their toys.” Sena whispered. At this, Komari smiled as well.

Walking over to Alanna, Sena could already feel the woman’s gaze on him. “My Lady…”
Lokasena and komari both dropped to one knee before the powerful Mistress. Alanna quickly beckoned them to get up again. As Sena straightened his back he began to speak. “My Lady, this situation is most unnerving. I feel that…” Before he could finish his sentence, he was interrupted by Alanna. “Save me your concerns, Hunter. I know what it is you would ask of me, but at present it would only bring more chaos to an already unstable situation. Vodo asked us to remain calm. We must have faith in him. He will soon find that those who wish to assist him far outweigh those who wish to harm him.”
Lokasena immediately saw the wisdom of her words. “Yes my Lady.” At this he bowed and turned to leave Alanna alone, Komari following in his wake.

As they made their way to an open book case, Komari spotted a group of guards coming at them. “Sena, trouble!” The Tetrarch turned and saw the same guard as before, only this time he was accompanied by three others. “He has gurrramba, I’ll give him that.” Sena mused. Komari recognised the foreign word. It was not a word often used in polite conversation.
“Tetrarch Corvinus, you will be searched now.” said the guard as he halted before Lokasena.
“Is this all the help you brought? I expected more… well, more.”

The guards were surrounding Sena and Komari. They had all draw their pistols. “What is this?
You would open fire on us?” Lokasena asked the guard with a gentle tone. “I have my orders, sir.” “And I have mine.” The Krath motioned to Komari, whom already had her hand on the hilt of her whip. “But Sena…” “No, now is not the time. You heard Alanna, we have our orders. Stand down!” At this, the guards relaxed. “You may begin your search. Be warned however, if you fail to find any incriminating evidence, you will have unjustly accused me. That, I will never forget or forgive!”

Vodo

13-10-2007 14:48:54

"Captain!" Vodo's voice was sharp.

The sound of the title caused the four guards to freeze instantly, as they had been conditioned. Vodo approached Sena and Komari, as well as the guards, with Bubbles at his side. He walked with a powerful stride, as though he had recovered his senses once more. Though Bubbles had failed to grasp the full extent of his fleeting thought of Sklib had truly meant, her words had instilled in him a renewed vigor, as well as a new course of action.

"Captain, stand down, you do not need to search these two."

"Yes m'Lord. Orders?" The Guard Captain holstered his weapon, along with his subordinates.

"I want three details to cover the main vault, two the main entrance, and one to replace each on the hour, every hour."

"As you command", the Captain left, trailed by his escorts to carry out the Aedile's bidding.

Sena looked to Vodo, and tensed. Sena could not read the Twi'lek's mind, nor could he even catch a glimpse as to the Aedile's purpose, but Lokasena had witnessed what he had thought was an attack on Mal earlier, and would not be caught off guard should the Aedile snap again. Vodo however could see into the Jedi Hunter's mind like a glass ball, and saw these thoughts clearly.

"Sena, you can relax, I'm not going to attack you."

Sena was caught off guard, and relaxed, "I'm sorry Aedile."

"There is no need to apologize Sena, I was the same way when I was where you were. But I have new orders for you and your team. Do you care to hear them out?"

Lokasena was keen to hear this, "Yes my Lord!"

"Good. Gather Phoenix, and organize a search party. You have authorization to search Sub levels 5-10. I'm assigning Hex 1-5. You are to gather evidence, make a conclusion, and bring to me the culprit of the Crime. Be warned however. Should your team bring to me the Artifact without due evidence supporting your claim, I will be forced to conclude it was one among you. Am I clear?"

"Very."

"Good. Now hurry along and spread the word to Phoenix that I expect them to complete this assignment before Hex does."

The Aedile was unbiased, but he wasn't above playing favorites on occasion. Phoenix was his home, and the medallion he carried about his neck proved that fact. As Sena left, he felt a gentle nudge from Bubbles. It was warm and supporting. Together, they set off to find Amiz so that he could receive his own orders.

Vardar

13-10-2007 20:25:30

As the dark jedi below Vardar spreaded out to start their search, Vardar returned to Hex to explain the situation.

'Ok guys, here's how this is going to work. Our good leader Amiz has apparently got lost in the library. While they're searching for him, Hex has been assigned to start a search on sub-levels one through five.' said Vardar.
'Oh, I have a question. Who died and made you leader?' inquired Raistline sarcastically.
'I'll tell you what, you do as I say and I won't have to start destroying these bookshelves to entertain myself.' as Vardar finished this sentence there was a slightly visible change in the faces of the members of Hex. He could tell they knew he was serious. Figzer, however, was indifferent to the destruction of knowledge but had no problem doing as he was told.

Hex set out to start at sub-level one. As they headed downstairs..

'Why are there so many sub-levels?' asked Tiberius, speaking for the first time.
'Excuse me?' said Vardar, turning to face him.
'I mean, why not just have some more stories instead of these creepy underground things?' he explained.
'Scared?' mocked Vardar.
'No' he said outraged 'I'm just saying it's not very pleasant.'
'Well, let me put it like this. There are people who are scared of things that go bump in the dark. We are Dark Jedi. We are the things that go bump in the dark. So please, instead of focusing on the architectural aspects of the building, let's concentrate on this artifact-stealing matter, ok?' he stated continuing to walk.

The Priest went silent. Not long after, they reached sublevel one. A chill ran past them as they stared into the long dark corridor stretching out into what looked like a cloud of black mist.

Lokasena

14-10-2007 02:56:36

With Dark Sabre still away, Mal in custody and Bubbles running with Vodo, Lokasena’s options were limited. “How do you plan to do this, sir?” Madara Uchiha asked. “Do not worry…” Sena feigned a positive tone. “I’m still leading half a Battle Team, we can do this!”
Phoenix was proud and strong and fresh with new members.

“Jedi Hunter Tirano, I want you to take Vain and Kaijima. Start searching level 5 and work your way down. I will take Komari and Madara to level ten and work our way up. If there are any problems, do not play the hero…! Use your comm. units to call for aid.”
They all nodded. Lokasena felt confident to leave Tirano in charge with the others. He had shown great dedication to Phoenix and had earned his Hunter rank with honour.

It was then that Phoenix split up to cover more ground in less time. They made their way down the stairs. While Tirano lingered on the fifth sub level, Lokasena followed by Vosa and Uchiha hurried all the way down to the tenth. The air grew exceedingly colder with each flight of stairs they took. Down here, the torches were the only source of light. Sena could smell the carbon from the burning process.

There it was. Sub level 10, the deepest, darkest chasm of a building already wrapped in darkness. “Oh, this is just peachy…” Komari said under her breath. Sena ignored the comment. They would be all right as long as they kept their eyes open. Each of them grabbed a torch from one of the holders on the walls. “Let us shed some light on the matter.” Sena mused.

Vardar

14-10-2007 13:51:15

'Well, this is where we split up into two groups.' said Vardar, breaking the silence.
'What??' asked Figzer surprised.
'And you're going to lead the other.' continued Vardar.
'Me? Lead? Why?' he inquired.
'Because other than you and me, these guys all seem to be...let's say...the bookish type.' Vardar answered.
'So what now?'
'Seeing as how you're still fairly inexperienced you will take more people with you than me. They may have your back, but don't rely on it too much in combat situation. I will take both our Archpriest's Nexus and Raistline. First thing you need to do is go further down to sublevel 5. Since you have more members with you than I have, I suggest you assign some of them to guard an exit path in case you run into more trouble than you can handle. Now, I happen to feel that the Aedile's feelings regarding the Battle Teams aren't exactly clear. He seems to think less of Hex. Let's show him how much he overestimates Phoenix's poor collection of journeymen. Are we clear on what we're all supposed to do?'
'Sir, yes sir!' yelled out Figzer as he moved out with the rest of Hex.
'Nexus, Raistline, we all have our orders. Let's move out.' said Vardar as he moved forward into the dark hallway.

The air was damp and lighting was poor. Vardar had to focus his energies on scanning the premises with both his sight and the Force. Whatever he had felt when he found out he was trapped inside a building was kept at bay by the fact that he now had something to do.

'Right, guys. Now that all the newbies are out of our hair we can do what we came here for. As you can see there are three primary hallways. We're going to spread out. Raistline, you will take the east one. Nexus you shall take the west one. For each hallway there are several others adjacent. These most likely are dead-ends. If you can't seem to tap into the Force, use your saber's light, however feeble, to get a grasp on your surroundings. These first three major hallways converge to a sort of central 'plaza', if I remember the sublevel layout correctly. We shall meet up there. By my calculations it shouldn't take us more than twenty minutes. If one of us doesn't make it there within that time span and hasn't checked in via commlink we will have to re-conduct our search from the begining. So don't get caught in a mess. The chances of finding the culprit in this hall aren't higher than finding him on all the others, so let's go.' As Vardar finished talking, all of them ignited their sabres. The green, red and yellow glows merged with each other for a brief moment before parting towards the darkness of the library's seemingly endless hallways.

Vodo

14-10-2007 15:07:50

It was a common misconception that the Library's sublelvels were actually underground. Once inside the building however, it was easy to see how one could become confused. The Sublevels only referred to the fact that the floor was below the established ground level, and as the Library literally hung off the side of a cliff, each level was wide and open. Each floor was naturally lit by the ambient light of the System's Sun. It was only when one began crawling back into the cliff side where the vaults were kept on the lowest level that it became dark and claustrophobic.

Vodo was biding his time on the eighth sublevel, two above the level that had the only access to the vaults. Bubbles sat in a chair next to him, visibly bored, but he was quite certain that they needed to wait right here. He had described it to her as a hunch, but it was more of Force Intuition. The Dark Side was telling him, no, commanding him to stay right here. It was beyond him why, or how to explain it to the Epis, but he did as he was commanded.

Below the two Equites, back into rock of the Cliff, a lone Jedi Hunter crept as deftly as he could manage. It was all he could do to avoid the patrols of the Guards. Amiz was determined to see this vault for himself, and more determined to get to the bottom of this mystery. His awareness of his surroundings through the force was good enough to left him move without the use of his eyes, which as it stood, mostly useless from the lack of torchlight.

Ahead however, he could feel the presence of four men and one woman. All were human minus the Ryn leader who seemed to be overly excited for an extended guard duty this far underground. It caused Amiz to pause, and increase his mental caution. He could not sense the human's minds as clearly, but it seemed this Ryn was expecting someone very soon, and that it would be beneficial to him. Could it be replacement guards so they could go off duty? that would explain the Ryn's excitement. But the emotion was twisted, as though it was a sick pleasure, something this guard would gain a great amount of joy from doing.

Danger...

The Force flashed through his mind, and Amiz lunged for the floor as a blaster bolt racked the air where he had just stood. He rolled over his shoulders, using his momentum to carry him to his feet, and the Force to carry him out of the tunnel as swiftly as possible. An alarm klaxxoned through the stone corridor as he ran away from the vault and the guards that now gave chase. At the other end of the corridor however, he could feel another patrol setting up a drag net for him. He'd never make it. His sense reached out and he barely noticed it at first, but to his right was a ventilation shaft.

With a powerful, force enhanced, leap, he hit the thin metal coverplate hard and broke through as though it were nothing stronger than the foil used to wrap old food. His lungs burned, and his body was shaking from the adrenaline and force boost that it had received. He was not out of there yet though. The force told him that the shaft would climb towards the library at a reasonable slope, and there would be nothing to stop his entrance into the building.

Back on the Eighth Sublevel, Bubbles had jumped to her feet at the announcement of the sighting of the intruder, "Vodo!"

"No, we're staying right here."

She growled, but sat back down displeased. They were both surprised however when a dust covered Amiz dropped from a ventilation hole in the ceiling. The surprise in his eyes was matched by that of the Aedile's and the Epis's. His cheeks were covered in black lubrication grease, coated in collected dust, and his robes were in worse shape.

It was not a far leap of logic for Vodo to assume that Amiz, who had been missing for close to two hours, was the one who had triggered the Alarm downstairs in the Vault Corridor, "Care to have a seat Jedi Hunter?"

Bubbles gave Vodo a gentle mental nudge. She was glad her patience had won out and now they stood a good chance of apprehending the culprit.

Vardar was aware of the alarm, but told nothing to the two Archpriests accompanying him on his search. He would continue his investigation until word was given that the artifact was recovered. His thoughts wandered as they usually did on long assignments, but the fleeting presence in the force touched him once more as it had earlier. It wasn't so much of a presence however, he mused, but rather the lack thereof. It was very familiar, and the memory of it's touch was new. But try as he might, he could not remember what it belonged to.

Alanna felt had felt it to at varying times of that day. It was clearer to her than others, but she could not be sure. Infact, she distrusted her own intuition on this case. The feeling just didn't make sense. The Yuuzhan Vong could not have reached Kr'Tal without having been discovered....

Kaijima

14-10-2007 15:26:53

Kaijima wondered though the first row of bookshelves inside level 5.

There where 3 rows of books, so the 3 phoenix's decided to split up to cover more ground. It seemed like a good idea at the time, they each had a comm. unit, what was the problem?

Suddenly something caught his eye, "huh? What’s this?" He wondered as he approached the 4th shelf along. A book had fallen out of place. This was strange; all the other books in the section were completely immaculate. Why would it be on the floor? The protector picked up the book and began placing it back in its rightful place. His leather glove stopped. "The ancient art of Echani" it read on the cover. Kaijima couldn't resist the temptation, "I might as well take advantage of the situation," he convinced himself, "what's the worst that could happen?" he began reading.

Tirano and Vain found no clues to the artefacts whereabouts so far, they felt a slight disturbance in the force however.

Swiftly, a large crack deafened the air. The bookcase that Kaijima was standing under broke free from its restraining bolts and came thundering down. "?" The obelisk saw the danger and with outstretched arms attempted to cushion the furniture's fall. The boom of the shelf echoed throughout the floor as his teammates rushed to Kaijima's aid.

"Wholly hell!" Vain shouted as they arrived. Kaijima’s arms and legs began to buckle under the massive weight of the bracket and from being peppered with books. "Don't just stand there, get this thing off me!" he bellowed.

Tirano and Vain took hold of the corners of the bookshelf and held it up just long enough for Kaijima to escape. The shelf crashed into the stone floor.

"Did you see anything?" Tirano questioned his team-mate, "no" he replied panting and generally out of breath. "Look at this!" Vain called out to the other, who had been examining the wreck. The restraining bolt was completely ripped from the wall.

"There's no way that is was an accident," the Jedi hunter began, "this the work of the force..."

Vardar

14-10-2007 16:35:01

Vardar continued to walk in the dark hallway, the red glow of his sabre illuminating the shelves around him. For a moment, he thought he had heard something. His sabre hissed when he deactivated it and soon his hum was silenced. Vardar listened. He was convinced he had heard something. It wasn't until after he had deactivated his sabre that he noticed how the moon light shone through the windows nearing the ceiling. He looked at the shadows for a moment and let his thoughts wander. He was unsure as to whether he had actually heard a sound, or if it was a ripple in the Force. Whatever it was, it was bewildering. In the darkness, not a sound was heard. Vardar wondered how the others were faring in the halls in either side of him.
Suddenly, he felt something unexpected yet familiar, he ignited his sabre with a crack and turned around quickly. There was nothing. His thoughts stopped as one's do in combat situation. As he again deactivated his sabre, he straightened his back and ended his stance.

'What the hell is going on.. Am I losing it? ...I have to get this search over with so I can get going to the next level.'

Trying to keep his mind focused, he ran towards where the halls converged to meet up with the rest of his search party.

Bubbles

15-10-2007 04:11:22

As the Tetrach of Hex landed at her feet, Bubbles couldn’t help but let a smile spread across her face. Whether or not Hex was responsible for the missing artefact, at least they now looked far more guilty of the crime.

She relaxed back into her chair, confident that the rest of Phoenix would now be well into their task. Sena was after all shaping up to be rather a good leader. Of Amiz however, she knew very little, for they had rarely had cause for conversation; this could be interesting.

“Your hunch Aedile Biask, your floor” Bubbs winked at Vodo, curous as to how exactly Amiz had ended up in a ventilation shaft.

Vardar

15-10-2007 17:06:07

Vardar reached the other end of the hall and met up with Nexus and Raistline. His heart was racing since he had run to make up for lost time.

'Alright...now...we go down those stairs and proceed to the next level.' said Vardar.
'Next level? Isn't the rest of Hex on that one?' asked Nexus.
'No, they started on the fifth. We're going to the second.'
'Oh.'
'Look, I think our Aedile sent us on a wild bantha chase.' stated Raistline.
'Bantha chase?' asked Vardar sarcastically.
'Well...saying 'goose' would be breaking the fourth wall...'
'Indeed you are right, Raistline. But anyway, let's go down these stairs and start the search on the next floor. I have a feeling we won't find anything there either, but at least they can't blame us for not doing our job. Have any of you been getting...weird...feelings?
'No.' said Nexus and Raist in unison.
'Oh. Ok then.' said Vardar 'Let us enjoy these times. For it is not everyday that we can get rid of the little whelps. A part of me does wish that they find the culprit. Well, let's get down these stairs and search sublevel two, the others should be finishing up sublevel 5 and moving onto the fourth by now.' he finished in a decisive commanding tone.
'Aye, aye.' they replied as the three of them headed down the spiraling stairway.

Hel-Pa Sklib

17-10-2007 00:14:08

The turbulence had ceased, and the vast blue oceans of Taruma became visible below Sklib's shuttle. He had felt tensions and fears rise from the members gathered in the locked Library, suspecting each other of the heinous theft. Sklib knew he could trust less than a handful of his comrades in Ektrosis, but he still needed to remember the potentiality that they could be involved with the theft. “Captain, to the Library of Lears,” he coolly said to the shuttle's pilot.

“Yes sir, ETA... fifteen minutes.”

“Very good.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The repulsors beneath the shuttle hissed and exhaled as the craft touched the ground smoothly; it was a picture-perfect landing. Hel-Pa grinned to himself, proud of his pilot's abilities and proud to have him as his own. The smirk quickly left the Quaestor's face as he rose from his seat and walked toward the hatch, holding down a button as the door hissed open. He stepped onto the grassy plain in front of the behemoth Library, gazing up at the tall spires and admiring the facility he had led to creation. He sure does have an aesthetic taste... he thought about his Aedile for a brief moment.

Few Ektrosians knew Sklib was personally coming to the Library, and the Templar intended to keep it that way. He concentrated his efforts on masking himself from others, both physically and from the Force. Vodo was the only one, to Sklib's knowledge, that could identify his superior via a secret “code” of sorts they had established in case of emergency. The large and looming doors of the main entrance would not be opened for fear of a security breach, and Hel-Pa began the long and difficult path down the edge of the cliff to the hidden entrance, only known to the Aedile and Quaestor. Upon reaching the edge of the cliff, he noticed a strange site; it appeared to be grappling hooks digging into the rock at the top of the cliff.

Most interesting, he thought, These must be from the culprit... or culprits I suppose, now.

A twig snapped behind the Obelisk, and he quickly pivoted to find a black-clad warrior, a mercenary it appeared, glancing up at him with blaster pistols in hand. The human fired a volley of shots at Hel-Pa, which the Quaestor easily avoided with his attuned senses and remarkable dexterity. Within a second or two, Sklib had drawn his lightsaber and sliced a clean stroke through the person's arm, a sharp howl of pain in response from the human returned.

Hel-Pa disengaged his saber and thrust his hand up into the other's throat, raising him an inch or two from the ground, choking for air and wincing in pain from the severed limb. The lizard-like Sklib hissed, the frill around his neck shaking, ready to unfurl at any point, “Who are you... and what are you doing at MY library?!”

“I... I'm working for.. for...” he gasped and choked through uneven breaths.

“ANSWER ME!” the Quaestor shouted only inches away from the man's face, his frill expanding and turning a darker red color, instigated by Sklib's fury.

Vodo

17-10-2007 00:59:20

Amiz's eyes shifted quickly, switching from the Epis to the Aedile and back.

"My floor indeed... Care to explain yourself... Jedi Hunter?" Vodo had to restrain himself from sneering. All evidence at hand pointed to a force user from within the Library, and here was Amiz, sneaking off against orders, and had nearly been caught in the Vault. To top it all off, the Jedi Hunter had escaped his pursuers, suggesting he was evading capture for some great reason.

"I..."

"Was not trying to return the artifact?" Vodo suggested coldly

"No, that is not what I was doing", Amiz swallowed the lump in his throat, "Sir."

"Then pretell what it was exactly that you, of all people, were headed towards the scene of the theft by yourself, in the dark..."

"I... I wished to investigate this incident, Aedile. I wanted to solve the case so that you could get your Artifact back, and we could get on with our business!"

Vodo searched the Jedi Hunter's mind, and found that to Amiz's knowledge, he was telling the truth. There was still a slim possibility that the Hunter was acting under the control of someone more powerful, but having been unable to prove the innocence of Bubbles herself yet, refrained from inquiring into that line of thought out loud.

"Very well. Bubbles. Would you kindly escort Mr. Amiz to the Kitchen, and get him cleaned up and fixed with a meal. And keep an eye on him..."

Bubbles jumped to her feet, and lead the Journeyman as though he were a child out of the small corner they had found themselves in and up the stairs to where her melted ice cream lay. Vodo's mind did not bother to follow their progress however. He could review that later via the Security Parameters. He was rather focused on a small nudge in the Force that he had rather been hoping not to feel for several hours. The Quaestor was home, and several hours early at that.

Vodo strode out of the room and found his way to one of the corridors adjacent to the rock wall the Library was attached to, and wound his way through the maze of Offices and Backend closets till it the hall ended. With a pull through the force, a weight was lifted, sliding the the wall out of the way, revealing a cramped staircase. He ascended the stairway, which led to the exterior of the Library. The secret entrance to the Library was a small metal walkway, concealed from the sea side of the building by the mass of the Library itself, and a rock overhang above, and from below by the actual piece of the Library that lead into the Cliff towards the Vault. It lead at a gentle slope upwards till it too entered the cliff side, and emerged from behind a natural rock outcropping at ground level, some hundred meters from the main clearing at the entrance of the Library.

Waiting there for him was Hel-Pa Sklib. Vodo smiled innocently and bowed respectively to his superior. Though they were the same rank, position divided them enough for the lesser to bow to the greater.

"It is great to see your return was swift Quaestor..."

"Indeed. Have you news for me Aedile, or shall you care to explain the body I left in the clearing?"

Lokasena

17-10-2007 10:49:22

Down on sub level ten, Komari, Madara and Lokasena came forth from the darkness. They spent almost an hour down there, investigating very single corner of the dark chamber behind them. As the three opened a door on the other side of the hallway, a breeze of fresh air caught their senses. Before them was some sort of balcony looking out over the ocean. “So, these sub levels aren’t so bad after all.” Sena revelled in the presence of all the elements around him. He could feel a connection with the clear sky and the water of the waves crashing into the powerful cliff. He could even sense the fire from the torches. The fire calmed his breath, the water soothed his soul, the air cleared his mind and the earth steadied his resolve.

“So are we just wasting time here, or what?” Madara Uchiha asked impatiently. Lokasena closed his eyes for a moment. “Madara, they say that the ocean is cold but holds the hottest blood of all… Would you care to dive down and see if it is true?” Sena asked very calmly.
“No sir, I would not!” Madara said swiftly while almost standing in attention. “When in doubt, always return to the basics of life. Learn to hear the elements, learn to surrender yourself to them. They can serve you well…” Lokasena turned to face his subordinate. “You would do well to remember that.” “I will, sir!”

The Tetrarch walked out the door and up the stairs. Next would be level nine. Sena had the feeling they would not find anything there either. There was something illusive about all this. He was certain that he had not been told the whole story. Although he would never show it in front of his team mates, Sena did not know how to proceed.

Vardar

17-10-2007 17:34:28

As Vardar and Nexus finished the search of the second sublevel, there was a disturbance in the Force. Vardar felt Sklib's arrival and Amiz's distress as well.

'Our leader is being threatened..' said Nexus.
'I'm insulted that you'd think I didn't sense that.' replied Vardar.
'I didn't mean it like that..'
'Relax, I'm kidding.'
'Hey guys.' said Raistline joining the group.
'Ah good, we're all here. Let's move on to the next one.' said Vardar.
'That would be the third sublevel, right?' asked Nexus.
'Yes. Two plus one equals three, my dear friend.' replied Vardar.

Nexus merely grumbled.

'With the kind of organization the rest of Hex has, I believe that we will meet up with them at the other end of the third sublevel if we hasten our pace. After we're done with this we should go find Amiz and straighten things out.' started Vardar.
'Defenitely.' added Raistline.
'I'm glad we're all clear on this, then. Let's move out.' he finished as they headed down to and started their search of the third sublevel.

Vodo

17-10-2007 20:19:03

"Body?" Vodo's innocence was sincere, and his Quaestor saw that.

Together they walked out to the clearing and examined the body. He was a tall dark hair human, and was wearing dark clothes. He did not look familiar, and wore nothing that identified a clan, if any, that he belonged to. He was not Force Sensitive... Sklib told him through the force. It made the scene all that more mysterious. At Sklib's direction, Vodo investigated the grappling array that was been put in place at the lip of the cliff. Even though the rope revealed nothing of interest, Vodo was briefly caught by the top down view he received of the Library.

"I believe this man was here to pick up the one who has been eluding you Aedile... Speaking of this mysterious thief, have you caught him or her? Where is our... Toy?" The Tarasin had folded his massive arms across his body into the opposites sleeves so that he appear more pensive.

"The search is ongoing Quaestor. We had a brief run in with Amiz in which my also brief suspicion in him was shaken, but I had a hunch that a powerful Jedi may have been manipulating the young Jedi Hunter..."

"I doubt that. They would have to have the ability of a Dark Councilor to get that past you. I know your capabilities Vodo, and you are well capable of sensing the touch of another mind upon someone. For now, Young Amiz is off the hook. Any other leads?"

"As of yet Hel-Pa, I can't say that there is."

The Tarasin's anger flashed, "You were left in charge of this project so that we could safe keep our most valuable items AEDILE...."

The sudden reversion to the use of a position was not lost upon Vodo as Sklib continued, "You have had six hours to solve this case, and nothing more than a false lead on an ambitious Jedi Hunter!"

"Its difficult Hel-Pa! Every one in there is a suspect! I cannot trust anyone but our guards to find this device without bias. I have already sent the Battle teams on a mission to search the levels, but I doubt they will find anythi..."

Vodo stopped as his mind felt the presence in the force from earlier, or was it a lack thereof? Hel-Pa Sklib felt it at the same time however and froze, "What was that?"

Vodo's eyes met Hel-Pa's, "You felt it as well?"

"No, it's what I didn't feel..."

At the same instant on duty in his vigorous search, Vardar froze. The feeling had come and gone once more. The force had sent that familiar tingle up his spin, and the skin of his back had retracted as though it were cool. The looks on Raistline and Nexus' faces said that they had felt it as well.

"That was weird"

"Yea, just a little Bit"

Vardar shook his head to break his own self induced trance, "No, not at all Raist..."

"It's so... Familiar. I can't seem to place it though; why does it feel like such a recent memory?", Nexus leaned against a wall for support.

Alanna was sure now. It was a Yuuzhan Vong. There was a Yuuzhan Vong in the Library, and she had a feeling that it was connected to the theft of Vodo's Artifact, Stop chatting you two and listen to me very carefully...

Her Force message to the Aedile and Quaestor was received clearly and they stopped to listen.

Bubbles

18-10-2007 04:22:34

Bubbles and Amiz made the journey to the kitchen in silence. Once safely inside, Bubbs pushed shut the door, kicked off her boots and opened the fridge door to find something for the Jedi Hunter to eat. Emerging victorious with a plate of cold meats she sat down opposite Amiz.

"You're not going to like what I have to say, but tough. If you dislike it that much, you can complain to Lokasena later. And just remember, that while you are not a member of Phoenix, you are still an important member of Ektrosis, and as such everything I say is meant to help, not hinder. Understood?"

The Jedi Hunter looked at her quizically, slightly confused that a Krath Epis of no particular position within the House was about to give him, a Tetrach of another Phyle what sounded like it was to be a ticking off. But today was a strange day, and he was still in shock that Bubbles knew you could eat something other than cookies and ice-cream. He nodded.

"Good. Had the answer been no I's have been sorely tempted to run you though on your own sabre and tell Vodo you'd met with an accident," she smiled, "Not that I'd ever do such a thing, of course. But Amiz, you are in charge of one of the Battleteams," she cringed as she used the word, and Amiz had an overpowering sense of 'Phyle', "of House Ektrosis, a Battleteam with a long and proud history, and one hell of a reputation to uphold. You CANNOT just do what you feel. Especially not in a situation like this. Perhaps you do not know our Aedile as well as I yet, that will come in time. But it is obvious that he is as displeased with the situation as you are. And sneaking off to try and explore on your own against direct orders, well...would you like the members of your team to do the same to you? And now they are left without you, To push on with their mission with no guidance from you. Did you even think of that?" She paused, shuddering slightly, obviously wanting to continue. "I could continue, but you get the idea. I do not for a second think you are guilty of this theft, and I know that Alanna is guiding you well in your progress, and so there is no doubt that you will go far. You just need to think a little more before you act...."

Amiz opened his mouth to speak, whether in agrement or retaliation Bubbs did not wait to find out. "Enough is said on the matter. I will not speak to you of it, or like this again. Come. get yourself cleaned up and fed, and we will find the rest of Hex. Vodo asked me to keep an eye on you, but that is no reason for us not to rejoin your Tyros. I'm sure we can think of some reason I am accompanying you that will not betray your previous actions."

Bubbs stood, and leaned against the door frame waiting for Amiz to ready himself, as she pulled her boots back on. What is it with people today? she thought to herself, If I have to remind one more person about their duty to the house...at least those in Phoenix have managed to keep their heads.

Lokasena

19-10-2007 02:35:49

At last, the two groups met on the seventh floor and united again as one. Phoenix was whole again, for the most part. “Did you find anything, Tetrarch?” Tirano asked. “No, we did not! Did you?” “Sorry sir…” Lokasena sighed. “That’s quite all right, we are doing every thing we can to solve this mystery but I am more and more convinced that someone does not want us to solve it. Who ever did this, covered his tracks well and our leaders are not telling us all that they know.” The Krath in Lokasena thirsted for more knowledge. It was very unnerving to be kept in the dark like this.

“I think it is time I had a polite chat with Vodo. Tirano, take the others back to the main hall and stick together while you wait for me. Oh and Tirano, see if you can locate Bubbles. After my talk with Vodo there might be a need for some of her diplomacy.” All the Phoenix members suppressed a chuckle. Apparently their Tetrarch wasn’t the cold fish they thought he was. He was very patient but had his limits. When those were crossed, his calm demeanour quickly altered into an almost purely instinctive creature.

Sena walked up to the Aedile’s office door and knocked. “Not now!” he heard as a response.
His hand on the hilt of his Mormegill, he tried again. Someone inside must have sensed his resolve, because the reply was different now. “Very well, enter!”
As he did so, Lokasena immediately saw Vodo and Sklib standing there.
“Questor, Aedile…” He bowed then quickly straightened himself to convey the urgency of this matter. “What is it, Tetrarch? And make it brief!” Vodo snapped. Sena did not show any fear when he began to speak. “Sir, I came here to ask for more information in this matter.”
The Aedile’s eyes flashed. “All the information is being handed out on a need to know basis. You DON’T need to know!” Vodo bellowed. “I beg to differ, sir. If Phoenix is to catch the cu…” Sena was cut off by Vodo once again. “You can beg all you want. There’s nothing to tell.” The Aedile almost spat the words at Sena. The Jedi Hunter repressed the urge to fall on his knees and ask forgiveness. He needed to see this through.

“Aedile, if I may?” Sena held up both hands as a token to his resolve to solve this in a civilised manner. For a moment, Vodo seemed to relax his shoulder just a bit. The Aedile knew this man was not going to leave unless he had his say. There was no ignoring him this time. “Very well.” Vodo sighed and sat down. Sklib remained standing. To close for Sena’s comfort perhaps. Lokasena Corvinus gathered all his courage and began to speak.
“Aedile, although your answer was indeed clear, simple and straightforward, there is some difficulty in justifiably assigning strength to the comments you replied to my question, in as much as the precise correlation between the information you communicated and the facts, in so far as they can be determined and demonstrated, is as such as to cause epistemological problems of sufficient magnitude as to lay upon the logical and semantic recourses of the Standard language, a heavier burden than they can reasonably be expected to bare…”

There was a brief silence. Sena could swear he detected hints of a smile on Sklib’s face.
“What is that supposed to mean?” asked Vodo, impatient all of a sudden. “Sklib began to laugh. “He’s calling you a liar…” Vodo looked at the Questor as it slowly began to sink in.
As the Aedile turned to Lokasena, the latter prepared for the worst.

Vodo

19-10-2007 09:27:15

Vodo was awe struck for a moment. Sklib's confirmation of his own thoughts had stunned him. The Jedi Hunter had actually dared call him a liar. He was just stunned. There was no other word for it. After a moment though, his sharp yellow teeth bared in a wickedly curved grin. To most creatures, it appeared menacing, as though in a grimace or glare, but it was actually a smile. He chuckled, and then continued chuckling for a a moment.

Lokasena had been prepared to defend his life, and the laughter caught him mostly off guard, "What have I said my Lord that is so funny?"

Vodo managed to calm down enough to answer, "You are my dear Journeyman. I'm not the half wit you believe me to be Sena, but I appreciate you taking the time to tell me..."

The Quaestor was done with the interruption however. His diplomacy was near its end, and that feeling they'd both felt above ground was bugging him to no end, "Sena... Onto a different topic. Have you felt anything unusual in the Force today?"

The Tetrarch was confused, "I've felt that many Jedi are angry, or displeased with the situation Quaestor..."

"No no, that's not what I mean. Rather, have you felt any odd..." He searched for the words, which were found by Vodo instead.

"... Presences, or the lack thereof?"

Sena was even more confused, but answered truthfully, "I have not my Lords. Is there something I am missing here?"

"There is plenty that you are, but don't bother yourself with it at the moment. Rejoin your Battleteam and conduct the whole of the House into the Main Audience Chamber on the third Sub Level. I will make an address there," Sklib dismissed the Jedi Hunter who then took his leave.

"We gather everyone to one place. While you are giving your address, I will scan the crowd for our mysterious visitor?"

"Exactly"

DarkAmiz

19-10-2007 12:08:49

Amiz remained confused and now angry. Someone had set him up. In no way could he be one of the suspects, no way could anyone think him, the loyal Tetrarch of Hex, a traitor and thief. Something needed to be set straight, but then he had to get past Bubbles. This Phoenix member was an Epis, and thus getting away from her would be a well impossible task for this Jedi Hunter.

But what I did was for the house, exactly for the house. I would have preferred to just stay with the others doing nothing, but duties come first over orders. Besides, something was calling me, something I cannot recall…

*Flash Back*

…danger…

“Oh no, they must not find me, they must not see me like this.”

In an instant Amiz saw himself rolling, avoiding the blaster fires which were aimed straight at where he was. In another moment he was already running, and the sound of the alarms rang hollow in his ears.

Through the force Amiz could feel various forces at work in the great library. He felt his Battle Team members talking to each other, he felt the presence of multiple powerful beings and most importantly, he saw his escape route.

As he clambered through the ventilation shaft, he slipped and slid down all the way.

“Oh no…”

*End of Flash Back*

Bubbles interrupted Amiz with a cough,”Are you going to take much longer?”

“Um… No… Give me one second…” mumbled Amiz, unhappy at Bubbles for releasing him from his stupor.

With that said Amiz stood up and finalized himself. His eyes darted around him to render where his location was, but his mind was on a totally different dimension. He had felt a strange disturbance in the force, it was very familiar yet he could not discern where or who was sending out such waves. His heart pumped a million beats in anticipation of the further adventure he will get into which will surely shade his past run in with the security like a shadow.

“Vardar…Where are you guys…” signaled Amiz through the force at his fellow Battle Team members, “I might need some help soon, so you guys’d better be ready…”

Then Amiz walked over to Bubbles to follow her out.

Vardar

19-10-2007 12:43:25

Shortly after Vardar had recomposed himself from the unfamiliar feeling he had felt, he felt something else. Amiz's thoughts were focused on him. He instantly knew something was going down. His responsibility now, however, was to make sure the team would be ok on their own. They had met up a few minutes ago on the middle of the third sublevel.

'Ok, everyone is here.' started Vardar 'Guys, we have conducted our search and found nothing. Let us remember that it is not our fault that nothing was found, perhaps the other search group had more luck. Now, we all need to stick together and-' suddenly he fell to his knees as a surge of the Force ran through his mind.

The kitchen!

'...the kit.....you....' he mumbled as he got back up, the other members were looking puzzled. '..you need to stick together, watch over the rest of Ektrosis. Raistline, you're in charge, I.. I have to...the....'

Vardar didn't have time to explain it any more, what he had felt earlier was but a speck beneath his notice compared to the strength of Amiz's call. He couldn't abandon his commander and friend. Vardar started running and quickly left his team behind. He didn't know the way to the kitchen, but he remembered where he had felt the source of the Force surge. He ran past endless bookshelves and went down several staircases. Finally, shortly before reaching the kitchen, he came to a halt. Both Bubbles' and Amiz's stares were on him.

'Hi.' he said igniting his sabre, the red glow filling the dark hallway to the kitchen. 'I believe that's my commander you have there.'
'Don't be an idiot, Vardar.' said Bubbles igniting her sabre, in turn, 'All you're doing is making him look guiltier. Besides, we both know what the outcome of this battle will be.'
Amiz looked at Vardar and was silent.
Get ready to run. Vardar said to him through the Force.
'Perhaps. But look at this on the bright side.' As Vardar said this, he pushed Bubbles backwards, past Amiz. The Epis was caught by surprise and fell to the ground. 'It'll be fun.'
Amiz had started to run, but Bubbles quickly jumped to her feet and with another Force-enhanced jump attempted to cut down Amiz with one strike. Vardar quickly jumped to the side and as he blocked the epis' attack, Amiz turned the hallway and disappeared. As Vardar broke the sabre lock, his heart was racing. His own treachery extended beyond his usual limits. Both were standing, sabres held high.

'This is a mistake, you won't live to regret.' said Bubbles entering her favoured stance.
'..We shall see..' replied Vardar, entering an unusally aggressive Sokan stance.

Bubbles

19-10-2007 14:52:20

As Vardar ignited his sabre, Bubbles sent as urgent and strong a message as she could to Sena, Vodo and Alanna. The attack was foolish, Vardar had to know that, and she had no wish to cut down a fellow member of Ektrosis unless he pushed her that one step further. A mere moment later she felt the return touch of Alanna, and as she readied herself for Vardar’s next attack, she impressed as clearly as possible to her old friend the need to find Amiz, and NOW.

“You do realise, my little pixie, that until this moment the thought that Amiz, or any member of Hex, might be guilty had not even entered my mind. But now....you realise you give me little choice.” She made a half-hearted lunge, testing her opponent, which Vardar repelled easily. “You’re right, this will be fun. I wonder if you are any more skilled with that thing than Betja was?”

Inside, Bubbles felt her muscles tingle with delight, it was quite some time since she had tested her strength against another Jedi in such a way. There was a time when she had been responsible for training all those Krath entering Ektrosis in the way of the lightsabre. But then Obelisk had entered Ektrosis, and rather than prove to them that their might was no match for a Krath’s skill, Bubbles had conceded the training to them. But those who had lived through Bubbs’ training often still bore the scars, and it was said that those advancing to the rank of Dark Jedi Knight during her time of combat training had been deadly, if somewhat lacking in numbers.

Vardar

19-10-2007 16:29:14

The battle had just begun, yet there were already multiple signs of scoring on the walls surrounding the Epis and the Battlemaster. Vardar's initial aggressive stance had retracted to a more defensive one. The moves were clearly of the Sokan style, however. He couldn't quite discern Bubbles' style. It was simple yet effective. As both warriors parried each other's strikes and countered, they looked into each other's eyes. Vardar then understood what was going on.

'My dear Bubbles. You have called for help haven't you?' he said between strikes. The Epis remained silent. 'Do you expect to keep me here until our little friends arrive to break this up? Why? Do you not want to kill me?'
'You are a fool if you think I would hesitate to kill you.' she replied.
'Perhaps. Or perhaps not. I do not see the intent to kill in your strikes. You are stalling. What you don't seem to graps is that however much I may despise some of my battle team, I am still a warrior of Hex and loyal to my leader. I couldn't just sit by while you took him to be incarcerated and interrogated, now could I? He is innocent.' His voice was deep and it echoed a bit as he talked from within his armour. Vardar allowed himself to be distracted as he talked, it was a mistake.
'That has yet to be proven.' she hastily replied as her sabre digged slightly into Vardar's shoulder. 'Had enough?'
Vardar exhaled quickly as the epis' lightsabre made and cauterized his wound. He managed not to howl.

'Wh...Why did you stop?...You should have killed me while you had the chance. I won't stop driving you back. You can't stall forever. And if you continue...you will die.' As he finished speaking, he raised his sabre. The krath epis raised hers and she knew he was serious. Vardar's style did not allow stalling techniques to prevail for long. Bubbles knew this.

Vodo

19-10-2007 16:37:13

Vodo snapped to his feet, followed shortly thereafter by Hel-Pa, and together they flew out of the small office they had taken refuge in. The corridors and flights of stairs dissappeared under their feet as they approached the Kitchen. The sounds of saber combat could be heard from down the onyx lined corridor, and the flashing incondesence of the blades as they would make contact and back off.

Hel-pa was first into the Kitchen, and with his Blue Saber at the ready, parried Vardar's next strike, holding his blade high in the air, stopping the blow half swing. Vodo was right on his tail, and his violet blade contected perpendicualrly with Bubble's saber, stopping it midstroke. The seen was tense as everything stopped moving, leaving the four ignited blades in opposition to one another.

They stood there, panting, all four, for no longer then five seconds by the time the former Krath High Preistess, Alanna Taldrya, entered the kitchen, her saber clipped to her belt line securly, "Everyone, have a seat..."

Her voice was calm, controlled, and carried some sort of pressure that caused Vodo to obey instantly. It was the force of course, and after vodo withdrew his blade, and clipped it to his belt, he sat quietly on a counter, followed by Bubbles, Vardar, and a hesitant Hel-Pa. The Dark lady looked down upon them all as though she were an upset parent reprimanding her children.

"Very good. This event will never be spoken of outside of this room, is that clear?"

Hel-Pa, still under the Master's influence fought for control of his own mind and body, but submited after relizing that she was too powerful for him to muster any mental strength to counter.

"I commend your effort in protecting your Commander my Apprentice" she said to Vardar, "But now is no time for silly Saber Games. And you Bubbles, we shall talk later. And You Two..."

Her menacing glare fell upon the Aedile and the Quaestor, "You did well, but the events that took place in this kitchen mean nothing. I trust each of you has felt the strange presence in the Force?"

Everyone was now sufficiantly calm that the Krath Mistress was able to release them. Vodo stood to his feet and answered, "Aye, I have. Do you know what it means my lady?"

She moved closer to the group, of which each member was recovering control of their mind and body in their own ways, "I do, and I'm surprised no one else did. Think back, no more than two months, what do you recall?"

Vardar was irate, but calledgruffly anyways, "The Great Jedi War. Those bastard Vong had us for sure..."

There was a slow moment of understanding on everyones face, but it was Vardar that looked the most angry, "Oh come on! You have to be kidding me! A Vong? Here? There's no way! I mean, we would have spotted him, if not his drop ship, and there is no where one of them could hide among us! It's not as though they blend in well among humans."

Vodo, a Twi'lek, discarded the Asst. Envoy's lack of regard to the other species within the house, "There is actually a way he could have disguised himself..."

Hel-pa's hands were scratching his brow, while the remainder of the group looked at the both of them. Bubbles got close to Vodo and asked, "Is this about the Artifact?"

Sena had no clue what had happened in the Kitchen. He was too busy making his rounds, collecting all the Members of the House to congregate in the Audience Hall. He did notice a lone Acolyte standing on one of the large transparent balconies, and called him to gather with everyone else. The ACO acknowledged the order with a nod of his head, but returned to studying the structure of the Library and the surrounding cliffsides as though nothing had happened.

Lokasena was not in the mood to be disregarded, especially by an Acolyte so new. He stormed outside and placed a hand on the Humanoid's shoulder, "Hey you! Let's get going..."

"I'll remain herre..." the Alien's accent tended to roll the r's into a longer consenent.

"No, you'll follow orders and follow me Acolyte."

The Alien turned suddenly and landed a hand around the Tetrarch's throat, and lifted him into the air by the strength of his single arm, "No, I rrather believe you will not be joining anyone anytime soon"

The Acolyte made a move to throw the Tetrarch from the blacony. Sena attempted to use the force to attack his assailant, but was surprised to find the Acolyte did not exist in the force.

Vardar

19-10-2007 18:16:41

Vardar, relieved that things had finally fallen into place as he was, still felt strangely bad for attacking his mistress' sister. While Alanna talked with Vodo and Sklib, he sat down close to Bubbles.

'I'm sorry that it had to come to that.. Itching as I was for a battle, I don't like to see Ektrosis members fighting each other any more than you do. My attacking you was as much as a surprise for me as it must have been for you. Forgive me?' he said in an unusually calm and sincere tone for a mandalorian.
'I understand why you did it. That does not in any way make it right. But I will try my best to overlook it this time.' she said emotionlessly.
Vardar knew that was all he would get out of Bubbles, at least for the time being. He nodded slightly and went to sit back where he originally was.

The house summits seemed to be debating most of the things that had transpired. Vardar's guess was that they were attempting to decide whether to let the whole house know what was going on. He hoped they would choose to do so. He, for one, admired straightforwardness and honesty in his leaders.
The summits stopped talking. They looked briefly at each other, then turned and walked back to Bubbles and Vardar.

Lokasena

20-10-2007 09:25:13

“Aarghh…” Sena grunted as the alien lifted him up. The lack of a Force signature was now very familiar to the Tetrarch. A memory flashed before his eyes. A memory of a not so long ago, when he and Komari had cornered a Yuuzhan Vong on board the Katarn.
His eyes widened as the realization set in. With a strong jerk of his body, he escaped the choke hold. Sena fell to the ground, his neck bleeding. As fast as he could, he jumped to his feet and unsheathed Mormegill. The familiar warmth of the red-wooden handle gave the Jedi Hunter some confidence.

Seeing that this Jeedai would not be easily overpowered, the Vong ran towards Sena to slam his fist into the human’s jaw. Lokasena managed to call out. “VONG…!!!” although he was uncertain who heard him. Then the alien’s fist connected with his lower jaw and the Jedi Hunter felt his body float through the air for a short moment. That floating sensation was quickly ended as he landed on the hard balcony. His neck was still bleeding and his head pounded. There was something else, though. A warm sensation in his abdomen. The Vong had stabbed him. Blood was pouring from the wound. As much as he loved the Library, he did not want to die here.

Lokasena could no longer feel his legs, he tried to focus the Force to remain conscious. All he could do now was wait and hope that someone had noticed what had happened. He was confident that his comrades would capture the alien. He was unsure however, if anyone would see him in the commotion.

Vardar

20-10-2007 09:51:37

Amiz had run until he joined up with the rest of Hex. He still didn't know what fate Vardar had met, all he knew was that he was still alive. Hex was half-way up a staircase making their way to the upper levels when Amiz joined them.

'Sir.' said Raistline bowing slightly.
'Yes, I've come to take command of Hex again. We need to move out. There was some trouble near the kitchens and we need to get there triple-time. Everyone follow me!' Amiz said breathing heavily.
Immediately he began running back to the kitchen with the rest of Hex. It didn't take them long to get there, but as Amiz kicked the kitchen's double-doors open, he was surprised to see everyone sitting down being adressed by Alanna.

'Ah, good. Your good timing is appreciated, I do hate repeating myself.' she said as she pointed Amiz and the rest of Hex to a seat. Alanna could see the confusion in Amiz's eyes and was quick to add, 'You have been cleared of all involvement, please take your seat.'
Amiz did as he was told and sat down next to Vardar.
'What happened?' he asked.
'Alanna came in and ruined our fun. She was about to get into the artifact, I believe.' Vardar answered quickly'
'So, who did it?'
'Apparently a Vong.' Vardar said still a bit skeptical about the whole thing.
'A Vong? How-'
'Silence. There shall be no more interruptions until I have finished talking' Alanna said looking at all who were present. All of them were eager with antecipation as to what their mistress was going to say.

Vodo

20-10-2007 13:59:12

"You may continue Aedile..." Alanna gave Vodo the Floor.

The Twi'lek looked around at the newly assembled crowd and took a deep breath, "Following the events of the Great Jedi War, word came to Hel-Pa and I that the Vong had set up an outpost on a remote world, found in very few HoloMaps, which was relatively nearby. To0 the best of our knowledge, they had not yet discovered the Kr'Tal System, so we sent scouts to search out the location of this Vong Outpost.
"We were lucky that our scouts were intelligent enough to not only complete their task, but bring back a Biot of Vong Biotechnology that intrigued us greatly. They call it an Gablith Masquer. It was a creature that could cover the body of an entire being, and disguise them from detection."

Sklib stood at this time and moved forward to Alanna, "It would make sense that the Vong would attempt to retrieve this from us, considering it's value if we could figure out a way to reveal anyone who was disguised. With this new information, I suspect we've had a Vong in our midsts for close to a month now."

There was a small gasp, cut short by the sudden appearance of a Jedi Hunter, "Master Biask! Tetrarch Corvinus has been attacked, he's bleeding badly!"

The crowd in the kitchen was instantly aware of what it meant, and everyone raced for the door. The corridors were just as long as before, but seemed to pass by swiftly until Vodo came to the table where emergency care was being provided to Lokasena. He had lost a lot of blood while he had been laying on the Balcony. Everyone in the House was preparing for the Quaestor's address in the Audience Chamber, and it had only been a Patrol on a routine check of the area that had discovered him.

His face was pale, and the intense look of concentration on Betja Jun's face, who was attempting to use the Force to heal him, told a grave story. Alanna moved forward and placed her hands over his body as well, and just as soon, the same look came across her own face.

"There's a poison in his system, but I can't seem to find it", Betja muttered.

Alanna nodded and redoubled her efforts.

The Audience Chamber was noisy as the assembled crowd waited and talked amongst themselves. News was spreading quickly about the attack on Lokasena, and many were becoming restless. No one was sure who had taken the artifact, and they were going on eight hours of being stuck in this building. The assailant could be anyone in the chamber, even the person sitting next to one of the many people gathered.

Their murmurings were quieted by the appearance of the Quaestor on stage, at the head of the Room. He was tall, and the stage, which was designed to heighten the presence of the speaker on stage, did nothing to increase that image, "Ektrosis! Hear me now! Tetrarch Lokasena Corvinus was attacked! But do not fear, because he was not attacked by one among us!"

The crowd was confused, but they listened further, "There is a Yuuzhan Vong present in building. He is disguised, and looks just like anyone of you. Do Not begin to panic, for that will only lead to needless deaths, but rather, search those around you. Can you feel their presence in the Force, can you detect them, affect them? Is there one among you who has no presence, who is immune to your powers? He is the one you want. The One who brings him to me, Alive will find themselves rewarded handsomely. That is all."

Vardar

20-10-2007 23:25:35

Amiz turned to Hex soon after the Quaestor had finished speaking.

'Right, guys. Everyone start sensing all the people in this room. Adapt the Force to your sight, do not close your eyes for you need to see that which is not there.' As he spoke, a few of the members of Hex grinned. 'This isn't funny. Just do it.'
Vardar quickly flipped his lightsabre switch on and off so as to release a good hiss without the blade appearing. Amiz knew what he was thinking.

'No, Vardar. We can't chop up random people until we find the one we're looking for.' said Amiz.
'...Just thought I'd throw in my two credits...' he replied.

Scanning the premises was not difficult, but the fact that there were several congregations of Ektrosis members didn't make it easy to figure out who had a presence in the Force and who didn't. Vardar opted to count heads and then use the Force, rather than doing it all at once. After a few minutes, he noticed a group of twelve acolytes. Only eleven could be sensed through the Force.

'Guards. Circle those acolytes. I shall go notify the people currently in charge of the House that the Vong has taken the form and robes of one of our youths.'

As the guards encircled the group of surprised acolytes, Vardar walked towards the other side of the room where Alanna seemed to be discussing the next course of action with Hel-Pa.

Vodo

21-10-2007 02:58:21

ooc: I will post later after a few more people put their posts in. You may fight the Vong, and you my attack him, but do not kill him, or assume superiority. I have some pretty little tricks in store for him!

have fun!

Vardar

24-10-2007 02:52:45

Vardar atempted to interrupt Alanna and Hel-Pa's discussion, but only got glared at.

'Vong.' he said trying to grab their attention. They turned to him as if he had spoken sacrilegious words.
'What do you know of that?' asked Alanna
'Well, see that group of guards over there? The Vong is one of the acolytes in the middle.' he replied looking in turn at Alanna and at Hel-Pa.
'So go already.' Hel-Pa said making a motion to turn away
'Go already? Go do what?' Vardar said stopping Hel-Pa from turning by his shoulder. Hel-Pa stared at him coldly and Vardar retracted his hand.
'Try to take care of it, have the ektrosians make a line to fight him or something. We'll be along shortly.' he said in a finalizing tone.
Vardar turned away and walked back to the guards encircling the acolytes.
'Ok, acolytes. This is how it is. The nine acolytes on the left and the one on the right-most edge leave this circle now, the guards will not stop you. Ektrosis, form an orderly line behind me if you want to fight the Vong. I would greatly like to give Lokasena the pleasure of this fight, but he is disabled at the moment. With that in mind, this one goes out to Sena.' as he finished and the acolytes finished walking out of the circle, the Vong looked straight into his eyes. Vardar ignited his sabre and stepped into the circle. The guards closed it behind him and a few members of Ektrosis awaited their turn to fight the Vong.

Lokasena

24-10-2007 07:53:15

Lokasena’s fore head was sweaty. His thoughts were feverish. Sena noticed that his eyes would not forcus. All he saw was a big blur of colours. He could make out two figures hanging over him, but he could not identify them. Even the sounds were muffled.

He tried to regain some of his body functions, but something was burning in his veins. He could feel it spreading. His legs were numb and his arms started to tingle as well. He was being paralized. If the burning sensation reached his heart, what then?

Lokasena tried to speak, but as he heard his voice, he noticed that his words were incoherant. They made no sense at all. How could he warn his caretakers of his impending doom, when they could not understand him. He was a healthy mind in a rapidly decaying shell. Dispair came over the Jedi Hunter. His surroundings turnend dark. The poison had blinded him.
Even if he survived this, would he regain his strength, or would he be a blind and deaf criple for the rest of his life?

With all the concentration he could muster, he focused the Force into his body. He was trying to remain consious, locate the poison and heal himself at the same time. It would most likely prove too much for his limited powers. But that did not mean he would roll over and die.
He wanted to cut that Vong’s head off and hang it from his belt...!

Bubbles

24-10-2007 10:12:56

Bubbles sat for what seemed like eternity between Alanna and Betja Jun, trying to help but achieving nothing. She leant back on her heels and watched her two oldest and dearest friends working tirelessly to save the life of her Tetrach. Even had Grand Master Sarin and Jac themselves been working to save Sena, Bubbles would not have been more certain he was in safe hands. She knew that, regardless of their current positions, there was still a part of both Betj and Lannie, no matter how deeply it was hidden, that was still loyal to Phoenix above all else. They had seen Phoenix grow and flourish, and they were not about to let a bearer of the Medallion die without a fight.

Bubbs eyes flashed with anger. How dare the Vong come here, of all places, and attempt to steal from under their very noses; how dare it have the audacity, the false belief in it’s own abilities. She stood and shrugged her robes to the ground, revealing the black trousers and sleeveless top beneath she much favoured above the clumsy, restrictive robes of the Krath; the blue tattoo of Phoenix on her right shoulder seeming that much more prominent than normal. There was nothing she could do now for Lokasena, except make sure his attacker did not die quickly.

-------------------------

Reaching the Audience Chamber at a sprint, she was met by a group of Acolytes who, having been with Ektrosis only a few short months had not yet had the pleasure of meeting the Epis on one of the rare occasions when her cheerful façade slipped to reveal not the diplomatic Krath usually uncovered, but the raw anger that had kept Bubbles alive through her years before she found the Brotherhood. Jumping out of her way as quickly as possible, she had no problem forcing her way to the front of the line waiting to toy with the Vong.

One of the guards encircling Vardar and the Vong started to speak, to tell her to wait her turn, but seeing the glare in her eyes wisely thought better of it and let her pass into the circle. Stepping confidently forward, she grinned sadistically at Vardar as she ignited her sabre, “This is in all truth a matter for Phoenix now, but so long as you give me your word not to let him die quickly, I will not deprive you of your fun.”

DarkAmiz

24-10-2007 10:25:13

Calmly Amiz walked towards what remained of his battle team members, those whom have not yet gone to play with the enemy Vong. Slowly he gathered them around him and ordered them to follow him.

They moved quickly towards the object now circled by almost every Ektrosian in the library. Through the force Amiz sent a message to his battle team members already engrossed with revenge.

Now now guys, we can do this the easy way or we will do this the hard way. The easy way: you all gather round me and beat him up, or the hard way: you all beat him up anyway.

Though it was only through the force, they all sensed the sarcasm which masked Amiz’s anger and delight coupled into one whole feeling, amusement. Slowly smiles crept on their flushed red angry faces(the newer members), while the equites remained impassive, although one could sense their agreement on the Tetrarch’s short words.

Slowly they began to trash the panicking Vong, first crushing the being from all sides with their brute force, then one by one began to spar with him. The beginning ended with a melee, and lots of books someone threw from out of nowhere, Vodo will not be pleased.

But that was only the beginning...

(ooc: now you can’t say I didn’t post Vodo :P ...not that you ever will)

Vodo

24-10-2007 16:33:28

The Quaestor and the Aedile watched from the dais as the house gradually formed a rough combat circle around the Yuuzhan Vong infiltrator. The alien, born of a warrior society, was content to play the game and possibly die a Warrior’s Death, martyred for his cause. As a line formed, Vardar asserted his primacy in the face of his House Mates and won the right to bear arms against the creature. Slowly they circled one another, focused completely in the moment.

The Vong had not yet withdrawn it’s robes, and from all appearance, still looked to be a lesser known, yet familiar species of the Outer Rim, wearing the robes of an Acolyte, so that to an outsider, it would have appeared that one of Ektrosis’ higher ranking members was about to behead a young inductee. All were surprised however when the creature peeled off his robes, and from the neck down, it was apparent which race he hailed from. The bioformed Vonduum Crab armor of a Yuuzhan Vong Warrior was clearly seen, and from around his right arm, a long narrow creature slithered down until it stood erect. It was his Amphi Staff, the weapon of choice of any Vong Combatant.

Vardar sneered and lit his saber casting a eerily red light on his opponent. The very presence of the weapon seemed to cause the Vong to grimace in rage. Both leapt and met in air, their weapons clashing quickly and noisily as the Amphi Staff’s unique properties allowed it to block the Dark Jedi’s blade of light. Unable to sense his opponent in the Force, Vardar could not use any tricks to cause his enemy to falter, and was forced onto an even playing field, man again man.

The Vong was strong, and each blow with his staff shook Vardar’s control just a little bit. The tall human was not weak, infact he was quite strong, but the Vong seemed so much more powerful. His arms, built from a lifetime of training and shaping were the ideal of perfection all warriors of all cultures sought after. His prowess with his staff also aided him in battle, fending off the Human’s Light Saber with ease, causing him to find new angles of attack, and at each turn, would counter with a lightning fast strike, to be barely avoided or blocked.

Vodo Biask cared little for these tests of courage or skill, and told his Quaestor how his felt. Sklib looked back at him, his arms folded into his robe and smirked. Hel-Pa was an Obelisk, he was enjoying watching something like this. The Krath on the other hand could not wait to jump in and help Vardar, but was concerned how much good he could do seeing the amount of trouble Vardar had found himself in.

Patience my Aedile…, Hel-Pa gave his friend a small encouragement through the force.

At that moment however, the Yuuzhan Vong warrior decided to show his trump card. Raising his hand towards Vardar, the warrior jumped back and opened his palm. A wall of air, moved by the Gravity of a miniature Dovin Basal, crashed into the Sith, and sent him flying into the Dark Jedi circled behind him. The Vong warrior was grinning wickedly, causing the crowd to move backward. Hel-Pa froze, and so did Vodo. Nearer to the action, Bubbles Taldrya was enraged, and jumped in, followed shortly thereafter by her Aedile and Quaestor.
Follow my lead, The Epis’ command was neither polite, nor friendly, but rather cold and disconcerting.

Vodo understood, and Hel-Pa nodded his acknowledgment to her. All three ignited their sabers and spread out so that they would not all be taken out by a single blast of the Vong’s hand device. Bubbles studied her opponent, while the Vong took care to note the positions of each of his enemies. At once, all three jumped in, spurred on by her command, and brought their sabers down vertically. The Vong’s reaction time was quicker than they could react to. Vodo was pushed while in mid air, while Hel-Pa’s blade was deflected, and Bubble’s received a swift kick to the face and crashed to the ground.

She was back to her feet about the same time she hit the ground, and lunged in. The Vong batted the Quaestor’s blue blade away from it’s owner and kicked him, and brought his blade about to meet Bubbles half-way. Vodo recovered his feet and launched back into the battle, grabbing his Friend’s saber in the force and hurled it back to the hands of the Tarasin. Vodo swung low, and was met by the bottom of the Amphi Staff, while Hel-Pa swung high was too blocked.

Somersaulting in air, Bubbles landed behind the Vong with her back to the alien and plunged her saber backwards, but hit nothing. She swirled around, bring her blade around only to feel the sharp bite of the Amphi Staff on the soft of her neck. The poison took immediate effect and she collapsed to the ground.

The loss of his comrade, unsure if she was dead or dying, enraged him, and he further surrendered himself to the Dark Side. Hel-Pa was emotionless, in his signature style of combat, and together the House Summit engaged the lone Vong Warrior.

Vardar

25-10-2007 03:05:22

Vardar had hit his head on the ground when landing, as he got up and ignited his sabre, confused, he realized he was no longer within the circle, but three others were. He turned his sabre off and began to think.

'How can he just have beaten me like that...my Sokan-styled combat has never failed before...Granted, I could not use lage sweeps because of the confination of the circle, but still...'

As he thought, he stepped forward to watch the battle. The glow of the lightsabres danced and swirled around the Vong. It did not seem tired or confused, he seemed to block the attacks with ease. Vardar wondered why the Epis had chosen to take a Templar and a Priest into battle with her. They did not seem, in Vardar's eyes, capable enough. Perhaps he was wrong, or perhaps not. Doubtful as he was, one thing was sure. The Epis was unequivocally dominating the battle, the other two seemed like a support team of sorts. As Vardar judged all of their styles in his head, he wondered if the two would not soon become a hindrance to Bubbles' progress.

Lokasena

25-10-2007 06:20:43

Laying on a table, away from the fight, Lokasena was engaged in his own battle. Litteraly fighting for every breath. It became excedingly difficult.
His lungs were burning, his heart pounding. He slowly felt a presence through all the pain.
It was warm and gentel and soothing. It was the presence of Dark Jedi Mistress Alanna Taldrya.

Loka... Loka... Only Alanna called him Loka and from her, he did not mind.
Stay with me, Tetrarch. You are not yet released from your service to this House.
Many tasks still lay before you. You must face them with honour. Now, snap out of it!
Come back to us...

I t was as if Lokasena was coerced back to life by his Mistress’ voice. The burning in his lungs had subsided a bit. His heart was beating more regular.
Slowly he opened his eyes. His vision was still blurred, but he could make out two faces above him. The sounds of battle, only meters away, began to reverberate inside his head.
“Easy Loka...” Alanna said. “there will be other battles, I promise.” Her gentle smile made Sena relax. His head was still pounding and his right leg still felt numb. But he would live!

Vodo

25-10-2007 11:40:39

Sklib circled left, drawing the attention of the warrior while Vodo circled around behind him. The scene was all silent, all still, with the entirety of the house present in the one chamber minus those who were engaged in saving Tetrarch Corvinus’ life. The violet Light saber in Vodo’s hand and Hel-Pa’s blue saber hummed quietly, exerting the only sound in the hall besides the three fighters’ hard breaths. The Vong warrior stood tall, holding his Amphi Staff in his right hand, grinning.

With his left hand, he reached up to his head, and dug his nails into his scalp. An animalistic screech, barely audible even a few feet from the source, began, as he tore his hand forward, slowly and deliberately. To everyone watching, it appeared as though the Yuuzhan Vong peeled off the skin of his face, attached by small tendrils that popped off leaving a small red spot on the Alien’s greenish skin. Within moments, he held a shapeless mass of orange flesh in his hand, dripping some dark liquid from the spot where it had been torn. The true visage of the warrior was now visible, terrible in sight, and horrifying in fact.

“Now you look upon the true face of a Warrior Jeedai… Your infidel weapons will not save you from our cleansing! I will die here, but not before many of your own fall to my staff…”

No one responded to the poorly pronounced Basic, but he kept speaking anyways, “This, my Ooglith Masquer, you will not claim. This, the stolen Masquer, you will not claim either.”

He tossed the mass of flesh to the floor, along with a greenish one on his waistline. With a swept motion, he brought his staff through both of them, and watched with pleasure as they both blackened, and appeared to die from the Staff’s poison.

Vardar, not content to merely sit by any longer, lifted the body of Bubbles from where it lay, and carried her away from the battle down to where Alanna and Betja Jun had recently finished healing Lokasena. She would find the care she needed there. Vodo sent the Sith a gentle thank you through the Force, and reconcentrated on the moment at hand.

Sklib launched first, plunging his saber forward, drawing upon his training to attack the Yuuzhan Vong Warrior. Vodo closed in from behind, and moved to block the strikes Sklib would not be able to bother with in his attacks. Their highly skilled teamwork was born of close to two years of training and action together. Vodo’s defensive training augmented Sklib’s offensive training. Together they began pushing the Alien back, forcing him to give ground. Enraged by the attack, the Vong swept his palm to Vodo once more, and induced another wave of gravity to blow him back.

Vodo was ready for the attack, and used the Dark Side to plant his body to the floor, giving no more than three inches of ground to the attack. The Vong, confused as to why the Twi’lek had not flown into a wall and crumpled to the ground roared in anger and lunged at him. The sudden change in tactics put Sklib off balance for a moment and was forced to play catch up as the Warrior began attacking the Priest. Vodo moved his blade quickly, dancing the blade of light off the Vong’s Staff lightly to meet it’s next attack. He could keep this game up for a little while longer, but at some point, he would tire, and he would slip.

The Quaestor lumped forward, and attempted to bring his blade down through the Extragalactic Alien’s head, but the creature used his Dovin Basal to ground him roughly. Vodo used the single instant of respite to toss the Blue saber, belonging to Mal, to the ground, and then quickly continued defending himself from the onslaught of the attack. Sklib got to his feet, sore, but noticed the spare saber on the ground to his left.

Later accounts would dispute the following actions, but most would agree about a few simple points. First, the Yuuzhan Vong, too focused on battering Vodo to the ground, was suddenly sent to the ground by something heavy, flung through the air by the force. After gaining his feet, Vodo used his saber to sever the Warriors left ankle, causing him to fall to the ground, landing on his knees at the feet of Quaestor Hel-Pa Sklib. Many say they saw a terrible grin on the maw of the Tarasin, but all present say that he used both Sabers, cross at the hilts, and then drew the blades across the Yuuzhan Vong’s throat.

With the intruder caught, and killed, and the artifact that had sparked the whole conflict now dead on the floor next to it’s owner, the Library was unlocked at the Aedile’s command, and everyone was free to leave. The Summit was soon informed that Bubbles would make a full recovery, and so would Lokasena. It seemed the day was going to begin anew, free from conflict once more.

END!!!!

Vardar

25-10-2007 16:38:20

ooc: Riiiiiiiight.... 'don't assume superiority'........ soooooo a Battlemaster and an Epis get sent flying in a bloody pulp and a priest and a templar beat a Vong warrior? :P

:mellow: This blows, dude. Seriously. He who thinks Vodo and Sklib should have had their faces crushed in say 'Aye' xP

nay X-)

Vardar

Bubbles

26-10-2007 03:40:19

See, I like the ending....the battlemaster didn't know what the Vong had in store; the Epis really wasn't thinking too straight; but the priest and the templar were much more rational and worked together having seen the tricks the Vong had up his sleeve, and countered them to beat him up :)

I vote it's a damn good run-on and we should start another one soon!!

Bubbs
xxx

Lokasena

26-10-2007 05:14:50

I'm with Bubbs. I loved it...!

and thnx for the full recovery :D
I'd hate to limping in the ACC :P

Vodo

26-10-2007 09:27:18

Great work everyone! It was a good run, and I promise everyone will receive Gold Novae for this effort!

/me is contacted by Lawyer

It has come to my attention that I cannot promise said awards, so in stead, ICE CREAM PARTY!

DarkAmiz

27-10-2007 08:38:39

thanks for the run on Vodo :P i agree with bubbs, more ekky ro-ing! more ro posts to miss! :P (gah, i miss full time pc-ing :()

Lokasena

29-10-2007 09:35:50

no worries, more shinies for all of us :D

me want more, me want more...

DarkAmiz

30-10-2007 10:38:25

hmm. sklibbles, do we get medals for every win/placing or for overall only?

Hel-Pa Sklib

03-11-2007 09:56:19

First, second, and third place medals are being awarded. I mentioned the winners in my report.

And stfu Var, Sklib = ownage. :P