Communication activity

Vodo

25-02-2005 17:53:18

I don't knwo what goes on with the other people in the house, but I've had trouble installing mIRC. It might have somethign to do with my firewall, but no matter how many differant versions I download, modify, or if I take down my firewall, the program won't connect to the internet. I've tried using Kir's Weekly help section in the reports to fix the problem, but I can't get it to work.

This leaves me in an ackward position... I need to be active in communicating with my house and in the clan as well as my hex, yet, mIRC is not an option. i'm forced to post here on the forums, talk to Kir on AIM, and respond to the clan and house mailing list when i feel i have something to say. If I don't stay active in any one of those, I'm afraid I'll be a PRT for a very, very, very long time.

If anyone has any suggestions as to how I can solve my mIRC problem, or just ways to stay in touch with the house/clan, My ears are open

for ever in the service of the dark side,
PRT Vodo Biask

Aidan Kincaid

25-02-2005 18:37:31

Whats it say/do when you try connecting to IRC?

Kir

27-02-2005 13:56:28

You could also try the java IRC applet that is linked on djb.com, you can use it here:

http://www.darkjedibrotherhood.com/dbjedi/irc.asp

Go to that page, then look where it says:
"In addition, the Brotherhood IRC channel can now be reached here on the website. Click here to enter."

Click on "here" and it should start the Java applet. That might work for you.

Edit: Also here is the FAQ page from mirc.com that has a lot of good info on it if you scroll down: http://www.mirc.co.uk/ircintro.html

Vodo

27-02-2005 18:00:00

Shadow, it says Connecting... Then it does nothing

Thnx kir, I'll try that out

Kir

28-02-2005 19:45:35

Have you tried a variety of servers? Because I know I can't ever connect to some servers, and others I can every time.

Aidan Kincaid

01-03-2005 00:40:44

try random EU server or random US server. One should work... :P

Vodo

17-05-2005 01:10:44

Finally got it to work.. Thnx for the help guys

Octavian

28-05-2005 22:02:42

Yea Iv never had any real luck with IRC. Well not at my house computer anways. At my grandparents house and my uncle's house it works fine, just not at my house. So sadly IRC only works say.....2 days a week or maybe 4 hours or so. Wish we could move to a provisional AIM database chat too but oh well.

Carrnn

07-07-2005 00:50:59

that was happening to me for a while, when i was using random EU, now i us random US and it connects fine.

Carrnn

07-07-2005 00:52:04

not that thats much help.. :$ :'( :@ :ermm:

Karnn

09-07-2005 02:22:32

yere same with me that happened to carrnn so soz don't have a clue wat u can do