Horsemen of the Apocalypse

Baron Zarco

07-09-2006 14:24:17

This thread is established for purposes of administering a run-on for members of the phyle Horsemen of Apocalypse. If you are not a member of that phyle you should not post. If you think you can be one of the Horsemen you should seek out and email DJK Baron Zarco (dossier #6763).

The run-on will begin on September 9, 2006 with a post by the Tetrarch. Each member of the Horsemen is encouraged to post often but with no double posting except that I will “double post” to start the run-on by posting behind this administrative post. The run-on will last for four weeks. At the end of each week, posts for the week will be judged by Baron Zarco for writing, continuity and realism. A first, second and third place prize of the appropriate crescent will be given each week. At the end of the four week period, Zarco will apply for a Dark Cross to be awarded to each member who posted at least three times per week during the competition.

Participants are encouraged to use this opportunity to develop their characters and write a brief history in time for the Horsemen as they are currently configured. If you do not participate, you will be left out of the history. Before using other characters, take care to make posts consistent with their character sheets and prior posts. If in doubt as to another character, do not do it. Focus on your character. All posts should be in character.

Do not feel as though your posts have to be spectacular. Participate with enthusiasm. You may be surprised how much can come out of you and how much fun you will have developing your character.

Be sure and look back here on 09 Sept 06 US.

Baron Zarco

09-09-2006 11:50:59

Baron Zarco stood before the holonet projector as it flickered to life casting the image of a reclining, bloated mass of leather coated flesh. Zarco looked straight into the video uptake on his end of the communication and spoke.

“Greetings. Once again our interests appear to intersect Ko-Chu. Have you lost weight my friend?”

“Huh huh huh huh,” laughed the enormous sentient beast that seemingly jiggled with every thought. “No tooda sarl teechu - chonga!”

“Aye, some of our greatest accomplishments have indeed come when we found our best interests to coincide, for however brief a moment.”

“Gral hatchu meena tingor – chonga.”

“No I did not mean to remind you of that. I meant to state the obvious – that all creatures must find their own way ultimately.”

Jaja seechu ratista mongeerus.”

“Yes, I have received the information you have transmitted. I have no idea why the Jedi have placed two covert agents within the Iron Fang faction. Rest assured, however, that I will remove them as a threat to you, in exchange, of course, for the very device which they seek to liberate from your clutches.”

“Macha deru so teecha.”

“I know you have no use for the device. Know, however, that I do.”

Maana joru skeeta ruchasa.”

Yes, they are in the city of Cho-Kirai on planet Marlesta.”

“Horja seeku.”

“Horja seeku indeed Jabooga.”

The image disappeared. Zarco dialed in a new set of data into the holonet projector. This time, he addressed his team, the Horsemen of the Apocalypse.

“Zarco here. Our attention is needed in the Farba system. We have business on Marlesta. Meet me on Teechu Four, the asteroid base in the Farba system. From there we shall plan our affairs on Marlesta. Bring plenty of whatever weapons you deem appropriate. I seem to remember an old school teacher of mine reminding me that if I was going to bring some I should always strive to bring enough for everyone.” Zarco smiled and his image was gone.

The members of the Horsemen of the Apocalypse, as always, had differing emotional responses to the call but all were eager for such was nature of opportunity and success.

Ricco Vao

09-09-2006 14:04:55

Ricco jumped, he was just drifting off to sleep, as the holo-projecter buzzed. He listened intently to what Zarco said and was enthralled to hear that the team were moving again so quickly after the GJW. He admired Zarco for his leadership and enthusiasm and was eager to help his friend.

He slowly, sleepily stretched and scuffed over to his dresser. “What shall I take?” he asked himself as if he didn’t know, his new shiny lightsaber ringed in the purple of the Krath. He also lifted his ancient notched Fira, he probably would not use it but he had never travelled without it and it had slaughtered many Jedi “fitting” he thought. He also packed most of his food and drink, as he would need his tipple on this mission.

He met his students for the last time, for a while anyway, and especially talked to Avenged whom he had become close to since she became his apprentice. He was a Dark Jedi Knight now, no more holding back. He gathered his things in a positive mood and set off to his shuttle to meet Zarco on Teechu Four.

Baron Zarco

10-09-2006 16:36:47

Zarco felt the lightsaber concealed in his right sleeve and the ELG-3A concealed under his shirt on his right hip. A B-22 blaster was concealed beneath his pants leg in an ankle holster. A thermal detonator and a fragmentation grenade were affixed to his belt in the small of his back. His clothing contained his money and things important to him alone.

Zarco then took out his shoulder rig for the concealed carry of an MWC Enforcer under his right arm and four extra magazines to feed the projectile weapon under his left arm. Once that and its weapons and magazines were in place he donned his black jacket over it all. He took his bag, containing preserved rations, water, extra magazines, power cells, a light source, 15 meters of silk rope, two 3 meter sections of cord, extra communicator batteries, a datapad with data discs, twenty or so pitons, and a blanket and slung it over his shoulder.

He made his way out of the structure he called his office to his hovercraft. Once inside he headed out of town for fifteen minutes and then increased speed and veered into the drive to his home. He was greeted by Al-Meda and informed her of his plans. She nodded and took the disk he handed her. The two kissed and he made his way to the closet. There, he pulled back the rug and negotiated the ladder below. He looked up one last time with a smile and then entered the tunnel.

Zarco ran for four hundred meters where his personal craft was waiting below ground. He skipped up the ramp and dropped his bag, sliding it beneath a passenger seat. He sat in the pilot’s seat and keyed the craft to life. The vehicle left the ground hovering and retracted its landing gear. It then pointed up and blasted out of the sinkhole that hid its bay. Zarco was pressed into his seat as the wooded terrain faded below him.

“Next stop Teechu Four,” the Tetrarch muttered to himself.

AlMeda Zarco

15-09-2006 13:11:08

Zarco's communicator buzzed. He activated the holo-projector on the cockpit instrument panel and was pleased to see a familiar, smiling face. "I am already on Teechu Four. Meet me on level four, subdeck three, bay seven."

"I will count the moments," came the Tetrarch's reply.

Baron Zarco wondered why the other team members had not responded.

Ricco Vao

17-09-2006 03:59:36

The sights, as he approached Teechu Four, were phantasmagoric Ricco had never been to this planet before. It seemed somehow familiar though, the scenery, the air, he had traveled a lot in his time before the Brotherhood, but surely he would have remembered this. The ship landed shakily and he stood up and went to the exit ramp. The air hit him as he sauntered down. There was no-one here to meet him “was he too early?” he asked himself rhetorically, “this is the right place? What if something has happened?” the thoughts raced round in his mind making him feel perplexed and disorientated. There was something here that he recognised, he had felt this way before but how? When? The answers would come to him as the journey progressed.

He held on tight to his lightsaber and went to investigate the surrounding area. If no-one came to find him he would find them.

Baron Zarco

17-09-2006 15:23:15

Ricco's datapad buzzed indicating a text message. He glanced at it.

"Meet me at 'Juntaar's Cantina' and be careful, it's a dangerous place."

AlMeda Zarco

19-09-2006 13:32:42

Her steps padded down the curved corridor of the station Teechu Four cut into asteroid hundreds of years ago. The style of the construction and the many repairs over the years was eclectic, representing the myriad culturs and creatures that frequented the statio,or just passed through. Zarco, both Al'Meda and Baron since their meeting two years ago had come her to escape her family, a force far more localized but far more oppressive than the Galactic Empire ever achieved.

The sound of loud music brought her from her reflection on her recent past and back fully into the present. She did not even pause tp look up at the sign above flashing "Juntaar's Cantina." Heads turned when she dtrode into the establishment . She did not even look around for she new where she and Baron zarco always met when here. Despite her focus, a patron soon blocked her way.

"Let my by you a drink honey," slurred the human, one of few in the place.

"Yeah me too," said a Zabrak in broken Galactic with his hand upon her rear.

"Only if you will hold this," replied Al'Meda as she drew her DX-2 disruptor, brought her foot up to crush the foot of the being behind her and jabbed the disruptor in the ribs of the man before her.

The Zabrak behind her cried out in pain and removed his hand. The man in front of her seemed all the more sober as his eyes widened and he made way for her.

Baron Zarco sat in the corner watching. As she approached he asked, "Did you have any trouble?"

"Not at all. Where is everbody anyway? I hear you talking about your Horsemen of the Apocalypse all the time so I joined. Where are they?"

"I do not know."

Sorrow Prototype

20-09-2006 19:03:08

Sorrow walked into the Ektrosis hanger showing none of the regret that he felt. He had been off investigating his origins, trying to find the lab he had been born in and in doing so trying to find the answers he desperately needed. The answers to why he was born and what exactly was he.
Those questions however would have to wait for now. The Horsemen needed his help.

He began walking towards his beaten up old X-wing fighter. The one he had liberated from that scrounge of a trader back on Tatooine, back before the Brotherhood had shown him a new life. His feet stopped as he examined his one day space hot rod. Painted black to mirror his soul, it was a beautiful peace of…. Space junk. Only one of its blasters would fire if not exactly where you were aiming it. The hyper drive worked, occasionally. Frankly, on a mission for the Horsemen it wasn’t worth taking the chance.

Sadly Sorrow turned and walked towards one of the Brotherhood’s transporters and climbed into the cockpit, throwing his bag behind his seat.

He had changed into his own clothes. His long black trench coat, fingerless gloves and his ratty black shirt with the sleeves scrunched up to his shoulders. On his head sat his sunglass goggles, the dark band rapped around the back of his short hair.

His piercing eyes were blue today he noticed as he looked over the control screens of the ship.

“I must be in a good mood? But who wouldn’t be with a mission to kill some Jedi to look forward to? Hmm I really should have cleaned up my beard though.”

He briefly rifled through his bag again to check his supplies. A bottle of booze, a small bag of white powder hidden in a side pocket, a collection of food stuffs, vitamin supplements, and energy drinks, a lich-blade with a finely honed edge, two G-20 Glop grenades, a plasma grenade, a poison grenade and of course his aerosol glop remover.

He didn’t have a lot of weapons to bring to a situation, he wasn’t used to long winded missions. He mostly figured that the DL-18 blaster on his hip would get him where he needed to go and anything else he needed he would get on site. His coat slid off of his leg revealing his training saber, not much good in a real fight but you never know when it may come in handy.

The engines hummed into existence and the ship rose up out of the hanger and into space.

The sorrowful expression passed from his face briefly as the slightest of grins pulled at the corner of his mouth at the thought of the battles to come. Just as quickly the grin passed.

“I hope I didn’t miss all the fun.” Worried Sorrow as his ship entered hyperspace taking him to Teechu Four, Barron Zarco, the Horsemen and hopefully a whole lot of battle.

Ricco Vao

20-09-2006 19:24:34

Ricco wandered through the spaceport his stomach grumbled as he saw and smelled the different species that occupied this strange planet. Many gave him strange looks as he passed. The cantina was not far from the spaceport it was there mostly for pilots who needed a drink after a long journey and for thugs and outlaws to hide away from society for a few days. It was a rough area but Ricco had no fear he had lived long enough and witnessed enough not to care about petty thieves and smugglers. He passed through a dark side street the onlookers glared at him and the stench of deathsticks filled his nostrils, he coughed and one dirty looking sod spat at him. Ricco did not take kindly to this and spun round his eyes almost blinding the delinquent and he scurried away “what a shame” he thought as he approached the cantina.

The bouncer was a stout fellow, he was large in every way except in the mind and a mindtrick to escape a search was all too easy. He walked in no one stirred; the noise was overpowering all sorts of different babblings in many peculiar languages. Hutt’s took bets on everything and Twi’lekks danced and Duros played Pazak, most of whom were cheating, and everyone was merry. Ricco felt a bit indisposed at the sight and hurried to find Zarco. Both of them, to be precise, sat in a small booth at the back of the bar furthest away from the rabble of the common drunks. Ricco shuffled over and introduced himself and awaited the other members of the HoA and ordered a large Juma juice, a treat almost now that he had no time for bars.

Sorrow Prototype

20-09-2006 20:48:21

Sorrow had been here before. Well not here exactly, not this planet not this bar, but many similar to it. The bouncer at the door hadn’t given him any trouble. Sorrow had done the whole bouncer/thug routine before and the bouncer at the door knew his own kind and knew better than to hold up one that as calm and quiet as Sorrow.

“Pathetic.” Sorrow thought to himself. Obviously there more for his presence than any threat or fighting abilities he may posses.

He drifted through the bar, standing briefly mesmerized by the Twi’lek dancer, placing a small bet on a game of dice and winning, fairly of course, well as far as everyone watching knew. He could sense the other Dark Jedi in the room but was hesitant to join them so quickly. However he quickly ran out of idle entertainment to keep him occupied. After visiting the bar and ordering the hardest drink they had, which wasn’t that hard by his standards, Sorrow approached the table and patted Ricco companionably on the shoulder.

“So I hear we have some Jedi trouble?” As he sat down he scanned the group dubiously.

“Where the heck is everyone? Was there a card game on somewhere that we weren’t invited to?”

Baron Zarco

22-09-2006 22:47:08

"I wonder myself. There will be more glory for us." Zarco took a long drink of the refreshing beverage and then continued.

"Our targets are in the city of Cho-Kirai on the planet Marlesta, the fourth planet from the sun, just a short skip away from where we are sitting right now." All nodded in agreement for each had come here on his or her own and gotten the lay of the system. The asteroid belt holding Teechu Four was once the fifth planet from the sun. Marlesta was the third planet from the sun.

"I will tell you now that if we get separated or run into trouble we meet back here in docking bay three-sixty-three." Again, all nodded to indicate understanding.

"Our mission is to capture Professor Vranz Manteel..."

Sorrow drew a quick breath in interruption.

Zarco inquired. "Is there a problem?"

Sorrow shook his head but continued to appear somewhat distracted, though Zarco was certain he was getting all of the detail he needed.

"The Professor has raised the interest of teh Jedi Academy. My sources tell me that he is working on some sort of bio-engineered weapon. We have no idea who or what the weapon targets. Such weapons often target a specific group or type of being. If the Jedi are interested then we are interested."

Ricco's mind hung on the mention of Jedi. "You mentioned the capture of the Professor. What of the Jedi?"

Zarco smiled. Al'Meda locked eyes with him and then turned back to Sorrow and Ricco. She spoke as if Zarco's conscience. "Wipe them out. All of them."

Zarco nodded and continued, "I have arranged for us to take a ship together to Marlesta. Once there we will dock at Pandor Erla, some one hundred miles away and travel over land to Cho-Kirai. Cho-Kirai is a walled city, as are all cities on Marlesta. The cities are walled to protect against the indigenous population which has remained belligerent against the space-faring settlers of Marlesta that arrived during the days of the Old Republic. Marleesta was important to the Old Republic as a waypoint and navigational benchmark."

"You see, Marlesta is one of the Old Republic's dirty little secrets. When it was founded, the indigenous population, the "Marleest," waged war against the settlers. Eventually, the Jedi were sent to supress the Marleest. When they arrived, the Jedi found that the Marleest were immune to many of the Force powers of the Jedi. Consequently, the Jedi unofficially assisted in the effort to eradicate the Marleest."

"When the Clone Wars began, the Jedi and all Republic troops, except those hired privately by the settlers, left to preserve the Republic. Once the Galactic Empire was formed, Marleesta was unimportant for three reasons. First, the technology used by the Empire superseded the need for Marlesta as a benchmark and waypoint. Second, since Force use was banned under the Empire, the was no interest in the study of the Marleest. Now that Jedi abound, the New Republic has taken an interest. Third, the economic policies of the New Republic favor the settling of Marleest because of the influence of its Senator Mon Jajow. He was irrelevant in the days of the Empire but has regained influence since the Senate was restored."

"We will pose as hunters of the Marleest." All eyebrows went up. "You see, the New Republic turns a blind eye to the local government. It has placed a bounty on the Marleest brought to Cho-Kirai in a condition fit for experimentation. That is how we will get close to the Professor and the Jedi who guard him."

AlMeda Zarco

22-09-2006 23:04:05

"When are we leaving?" Al'Meda seemed ready to go.

"Now." With that, Zarco stood and the did Al'Meda, Sorrow and Ricco. The four filed out towards the door. On the way oast the bar Zarco stopped and left cash on the bar to cover the drinks and food of the four as well as a sizeable tip. It paid to keep contacts happy. The proprietor smiled and shrugged his shoulder shappily while continuing to clean a glass by hand.

As each had entered in his or her own way that had left impressions, the group was given a wide berth as they made their way to and out the front door. From there, they turned right and strode towards three-sixty-three. Once there, Zarco produced a key code cylinder and turned it. The door opened upwards with a swish and all entered to see a small freighter waiting in the center of the large room. The large room had doors leading to sleeping and food preparatioon and entertainment rooms. The black of space was visible through the shielding that kept the vacuum at bay.

Baron Zarco and Al'Meda Zarco went to one of the rooms to retrieve their gear. Ricco and Sorrow still had theirs with them. When Baron Zarco and Al'Meda Zarco returned, Ricco and Sorrow were already aboard the ship.

Once aboard, the Tetrarch closed the ramp and both sat in the cockpit.

"Next stop Marlesta, Pandor Erla. Let's talk about this on the way," suggested Baron Zarco.

Sorrow Prototype

23-09-2006 11:23:26

Sorrow moved to the bed in his sleeping chambers onboard the freighter and sat lay down resting his feet on the pillow. His usual warm thoughts at the prospect of killing Jedi were disturbed at the mention of this Professor Vranz Manteel.

In his recent travel to find out more of his origin and his past, the name had come up once in passing as a person that may have some information, possibly even something to do with the experiments that resulted in Sorrows birth. Sorrow needed to know more.

He waited calmly in his room for several minutes until the door slid open and Baron Zarco moved in and stood silently at the door.

Neither said a word for several moments.

“This Professor Manteel.” Started Sorrow calmly, although a slight shake in his voice belied his hidden emotions. “When we capture him, I require a few minutes of his time. In private. Would it be possible to arrange that.”

A long silence came and Sorrow thought it best to add. “He’ll still be alive after I’m done speaking with him.”

Baron Zarco

23-09-2006 12:22:17

"I understand. I would, however, prefer tp be present primarily because I need to be sure that he does not become useless in the process of your interrogation. Secondarily, the information we seek may overlap and I have some experience in these matters. You may find my presence helpful."

AlMeda Zarco

23-09-2006 12:33:20

Al'Meda Zarco heard the familiar hum of a lightsaber. She walked into the only area spaciaous enuogh onthe ship to accomodate weapons practice, the hold. There, she saw Ricco Vao practicing with his lightsaber. He held the violet weapon in a two handed "hammer grip" and stalked his imaginary prey with a strong stance. This Dark Jedi Knight had adopted a style opposite from that of the Tetrarch.

Upon sensing her Ricco extinguished his lightsaber.

"Al'Made Zarco spoke. "That is exactly the type of lightsaber, blade color, style and all, that Baron Zarco first constructed, at least since I have known him. He gave that lightsaber to me, though I never carry or use it except in practice. A good blaster serves my purpose most all of the time, that and simply evading. Though I am learning to use an electro-staff and already fancy a Void Spear when certain death must be dealt at close range."

Ricco Vao

24-09-2006 05:11:48

"Interesting" said the Krath as he holstered the sabre “I once did not carry a lightsaber I used my notched Fira, it has slain many Jedi and has tasted the blood of my former apprentice Phytor. The sword has served me well that is why I keep it with me. But the sabre is so much more elegant and ornate.” She smiled and they conversed about fighting styles, weapons and other things like love “You really are like a female Baron Zarco” Ricco said finally she just looked at him and turned to go to bed.

The Knight stayed up to practise some more “we really should get some drones on this ship I would look less stupid!” he thought to himself as he swung the light weapon above his head and brought it down fiercely but courtly.

When he did go to bed he found the mattress too soft to lie on he was fatigued but couldn’t sleep that world had brought up part of his past, which unsettled him. “Don’t think of that concentrate on finding this Professor Manteel whomever he was” Zarco and Sorrow seemed to know he would question them when he and they had awoken.

Sorrow Prototype

24-09-2006 06:11:58

Sorrow tried to meditate on his bed but his thoughts turned more and more to this professor and Baron Zarco’s answer to his request. It wasn’t exactly what he had expected or wanted but he had to agree that the Baron was more likely to get information out of the professor than he and at least he would have the opportunity to search for that information. It would probably be beneficial to have him there.

Sorrow laid back to relax, pleased with the chance to find out more about his origins. However the euphoria was coming back, the mission ahead was foremost in his mind once more and he could give it his full concentration.

“So a race resistant to most force powers?” Sorrow had never relied on the force to get what he wanted but he had become accustomed to using it daily. “This will prove most interesting.” He thought to himself as he closed his eyes for a brief respite.

Ricco Vao

24-09-2006 16:21:11

Ricco was kept up all night by visions that seemed to be of him on that strange planet, Teechu Four, he had noticed these landmarks when trying to find the cantina but the situations he was in were not so familiar. “What is going on?” he asked himself as he awoke in a cold sweat. He heard the snores of Sorrow and knew he would not get back to sleep so he decided to wander the ship.

Both Zarco’s stirred as Ricco made something to eat for the team. “Baron, I need to ask some questions about this mission would you spare some time I feel in the dark about some issues and there is another topic I wish to speak to you about?” Baron nodded “After we eat Ricco I’m starving”. The smells of the food woke Sorrow and he wandered through “How typically male always thinking with your stomach.” said Al’Meda facetiously and they all laughed. Spirits were high and they all wanted the action to start.

Baron Zarco

24-09-2006 19:01:38

Following dinner and the clean-up afterwards, the ship bearing the Horsemen achieved landing clearance with no event. This was, after all, still a frontier wolrd. Unless one had found oneself afoul of the local officials or the New Republic, landing permission was routinely granted. As all gathered around in the cockpit Zarco spoke of the mission again.

"We arrive under the names given on the fake identifications in the packets I provided you earlier. We are each registered bounty hunters, under our fake identities, and on Marlesta to work for the planetary government in Cho-Kirai. That will get us into Cho-Kirai and allow us free passage between Pandor Erla and Cho-Kirai. Once inside Cho-Kirai I will issue the next set of false identification we will utilize once inside the walled city. This series of identity switches is done for the purpose of making our presence more and more difficult to track. That is why we left any trace of identification or association with our true identities at home."

The landscape of the planet,, which varied considerably from area to area, became more and more visible. Green foiliage gave way to dry steppe that supported far fewer trees but still trees nonetheless.

"Pandor Erla sits between the forest we just flew above and the steppe you see before you." Zarco continued to manipulate the controls guiding the ship to its landing spot in Pandor Erla. "The steppe between Pandor Erla and Cho-Kirai is where we will undoubtedly engage the Marleesta and take prisoners as part of our cover to get past Cho-Kirai's outer security. Once inside, we will sell our prisoners and take on our new identities."

"There should be no lightsabers used until further notice. The use of a lightsaber will wreck our cover. Conceal them and maintain your assumed identity."

As the ship sat down in the docking bay on Pandor Erla Zarco turned in his chair to face the team. "Anyone questions?"

Ricco Vao

24-09-2006 19:28:50

Ricco was now wide-eyed and raring to go. He concealed his saber and replaced it with his trustworthy Fira “I knew this would come in handy” he said to Zarco as he went to get his rations and then headed to the landing ramp. The docking official was passed easily with their fake ID’s. The mission was going smoothly so far and they all liked the idea of being bounty hunters it would mean less trouble. They headed off to the forest they had flown over and Ricco was glad of the more moist air.

The trees were not dense but provided ample cover for what they had to do. Ricco gripped his Fira the hilt felt right in his hand as if it was really connected to him. Zarco took the lead and the others followed him.

They were deep into the forest now not far from where they needed to be. The silence was intimidating Ricco’s heart was pulsating this was the thrill he remembered all those years ago. He admired Zarco, he reminded him of himself when Mira was still alive with Al’Meda by his side, he had the world at his feet a tear almost escaped his glowing eyes for the first time since he had felt love. He shrugged it off and moved up close behind his leader.

“You will have to use the Force to see Ricco your eyes are too bright and may alert our prey and tread less heavily team we are approaching the site of our objective!” said the proud leader and the light dimmed as Ricco shut his eyes.

Sorrow Prototype

25-09-2006 04:27:46

Sorrow shifted slightly on his feet and stepped up next to the Baron and whispered into his ear “These Marleesta. What is there appearance like? Other than resistance to the force, what can we expect from them?"

Sorrow reached down to his belt with his free hand, his right hand still holding his Liche blade, and pulled out one of his Glop grenades.

“Basically can I just throw one of these at them or is this little hunting trip gonna get interesting?

AlMeda Zarco

25-09-2006 14:16:01

Baron Zarco continued walking until he came to a dense thicket that looked like it could be a sink hole. He walked into it and came out pulling a cover of sme sort that was itself covered with artificial foilage. Al'Meda thought to herself that the cover must have been recently left to account for climatic changes, if Marelsta had any in this luch forest. The trees appeared deciduous so she concluded that the cover, and whatever was beneath it, had been left recently.

Her dearest friend and Tetrarch, as if to read her mind, looked at her and winked. "Let's jsut say we have friends in low places," he muttered. "You did not think I was going to make you walk did you?" His smile, the one she had given him, made him look twenty years younger.

He went back into the thicket and came out driving an open-topped four person speeder with a rather large holding container on the aft of the vehicle. He pulled up besdie all and remarked. "This is perfect for hunting."

Everyone climbed aboard as he went to the storage compartment in the rear and came back with some longarms.

Once all were aboard, they navigated carefully through the dense foliage and then picked up speed when they burst out into the less dense steppes, primarily composed of grass and a good sprinkling of copses of trees.

The sun was just beginning to set.

Baron Zarco

25-09-2006 14:56:46

"The Marleesta hunt at night. They use the darkness to their advantage. You will find that you will be very unlikely to affect them with your Force powers. Sensing them or manipulating them at our levels of usage is all but impossible. However, a Force power that creates an effect aside from affecting them directly will work."

Zarco looked around.

"For example, if you lefted something and tekelinesed it at them it woul work. You are not, in that instance, using a power directly upon them. As for sensing them or affecting their minds or bodies, say with an affect mind or inflict pain, or even heal, forget it."

"Why is that?" Ricco wanted to know.

"It is theorized that their resistance to the Force was developed through natural selection. Marleesta was once inhabited by terrible, predatory animals. Those have been largely eradicated by the various attempts at settlement. Nonetheless, the Marleesta evolved amidst a plethora of such dangerous creatures. It is believed by some that animals have a greater connection with the force. The theory is that most so-called civilizations discourage Force use, either by the very nature of 'civilization' or directly, based upon this or that religious theory." Zarco looked at Al'Meda for a moment, remembering her people, the Mun-Ro.

"The theory is that in the midst of such an overwehlming number of dangerous, predatory animals, the Marleesta that had a natural resistance to the Force used by the animals that hunted them, lived longer and, thus, had more offspring thereby leading to more and more 'Force-dead' Marleesta until the trait was dominant. Generations of 'Force-dead' Marleesta have left them that way."

Baron Zarco manipulated the controls on the vehicle and it began to buck and lurch. Smoke belched from its exhaust ports. The sound was horrible and sure to be heard by anyone within miles.

"You're doing that on purpose," said Sorrow. Zarco merely smiled and brought the vehicle to a stop.

"We will undoubtedly be outnumbered. Only a serious display of power and agression will cause them to pull back. By the time they regroup, we will have captured some and will be on our way to Cho-Kirai."

Zarco got out and began digging a trench besdie the vehicle. He used the Force to enhance his physical efforts in that regard.

Sorrow Prototype

26-09-2006 06:08:00

Sorrow eyed the collection of longarms quizzically, his finger running lovingly over the spikes of his Liche-blade. He didn’t have many weapons, but the ones he had he cared for like a mother might care for her child. Well that’s what he believed. Having never had a mother his perspective on mother child relations could be a bit perverse. “Mind you” he thought. “If I did have a mother no doubt she would handle me in the same cautious, respectful way you treated any dangerous object.”

Sorrow came out of his musing’s to notice Ricco shift into a more comfortable position in his seat and moved to do the same when he felt the Baron’s eyes on him. With a sigh of annoyance Sorrow grabbed a shovel and jumped to the ground to help the Baron dig his little ditch. He felt more than saw the slight grin on Al’Meda lips and couldn’t help have a little giggle on the inside, though the expression on his face never changed.

The blue blade like marking around his left eye appeared and shone dully as Sorrow reached into the flows of the force, his shovel biting deeply into the ground next to the Baron’s.

The trench was completed as the sun’s final rays of light wilted on the horizon. Sorrow tossed his shovel into the speeder and sat down leaning against its side. Pulling out his Liche-blade, a smooth scraping sound hissed gently as he honed it’s blade.

Baron Zarco

26-09-2006 10:22:23

"They will have surely heard our 'distressed' engine and will arrive to prey upon our 'misfortune' soon. I suggest everyone get in the trench and grab a rifle or riot gun."

The Tetrarch had himself settled into the trench and placed a flamethrower and riot gun on the freshly turned back of the trench itself. He scanned the surrounding area with an electronic device made for that purpose, knowing that the Force sometimes left gaps in a being's understanding.

Zarco looked over at Sorrow looking at him and his weapons. Zarco smiled and replied, "Shake and bake!"

AlMeda Zarco

26-09-2006 10:33:56

Al'Meda grabbed an E-11 carbine and hopped from the vehicle. She settled into the trench, extended the skeletal buttstock and flipped the selector switch to three shot burst. Upon reflection she then activated the "stun" mode.

She whispered, "I thought we were taking prisoners."

Baron Zarco replied, "you take prisoners. We only have room for three or four back there. The rest need to be killed and/or run off."

Ricco Vao

26-09-2006 14:01:17

Ricco moved from his comfortable position, he did not want to be labled as a slacker, and took one of the rifles, he was good at Sith marksmanship aswell as the more Krath style of battle, and placed the gun gently down as he knelt in the trench "this will be fun" he said nudging Sorrow who looked nervous but up for anything.

They all said good luck to each other and Ricco took a swig of some strong alcoholic drink in a flask and passed it around "We might need that if it gets a bit frantic" he said and turned to his post to wait.

Sorrow Prototype

26-09-2006 20:24:28

Sorrow looked down into the pile of rifles again and grinned when he saw a familiar weapon.

“A SoroSuub GLX also known as a Firelance! I’ll be holding on to this!”

He flicked the weapon to stun and plopped down into the hole next to Ricco. It was a moment before he noticed that Ricco was still staring at him.

“I think this is the first time I’ve ever seen you be happy for more than an instant.” Ricco replied to Sorrow look of inquiry.

The smile drifted from Sorrow’s face but it remained in his eyes. “I like this gun! I once found one on a bounty hunter… You know, I like that saying. The one about ‘your cold dead fingers.’ I first heard it from that bounty hunter.”

“Shhh!” Sorrow’s memories were broken by the Baron's sharp warning. “They’re coming.”

Sorrow Rolled over onto his stomach and looked out into the darkness. He could feel the anxiousness and excitement of the entire group. His body hummed with the tightly controlled urge to jump out and start shooting, an urge he kept in check.

His eyes scanned the horizon, the light from the moon reflecting off the grass. It was all calm and quiet. He couldn’t feel the Maleest with the force but that didn’t bother him.

Ricco shifted next to him, his keener senses had obviously found them. Soon after, Sorrow saw them as well. Shadows, moving cautiously over the steppe.

Sorrow’s body tensed in anticipation as did everyone elses.

Baron Zarco

26-09-2006 21:30:17

"Steady, steady..." whispered Baron Zarco. "Hold your fire until they are upon us. Then, unleash hell."

All ducked down so their heads could not be seen. Zarco had the scanner showing exactly where the approaching marauders were. He showed the faint green glow to the other team memebers. All nodded. Zarco hoped that the attackers would not loose their nerve. They crept closer. Several of the Marleesta were now within three meters of the trench.

Suddenly, the quiet was pierced by a shriek from one of the forward element of the Marleesta probe. A glance at the scanner revealed that the forward element had ceased to move but larger signals were closing fast. "Mounted troops," thought the Tetrarch.

"Showtime," hissed Baron Zarco as he emerged from the trench to stand.

He was armed with a Merr Sonn Concussion rifle that was way beyong his ability to handle in terms of his natural strength. He saw figures very close but was confident that his team would handle those. He chose one of the large, mounted targets that were closing fast in the moonlit darkness. As he depressed the trigger he called upon the Force to lend him the strength to control the weapon.

"BAKOW!" cried the weapon as it launched a ball of energy towards the first mounted marauder. Zarco, even with his assistance from the Force, was knocked back into the wall of the trench nearest the vehicle. The wind was sucked away from them as the ball of energy exploded upon the nearest rider, tearing the beast apart and casting the rider's destroyed body into the air.

"BAKOW" The concussion rifle screamed again. Zarco and the Force strained against its sharp and impressive recoil. Yet another beast and rider erupted towards the moonlit sky.

"Nothing more fun than a bag o' guns!" screamed zarco though the din of his rifle and those of his allies made the words a futile gesture at communication.

Zarco aimed again at the next rider.

AlMeda Zarco

26-09-2006 21:53:37

Al'Meda took aim at the nearest one to the trench. She saw the outline of feathered headress upon severe skull-like head and depressed the trigger on her modified carbine. Instead of piercing red energy bolts a soft blue pulse arced out from her weapon again and again, three bursts each time she depressed the trigger. She saw her target fall only to be replaced by another.

The night vision she had gained while waiting in the dark was destroyed by the pulsing energy all around her. Whatever the tetrarch had pulled was wreaking havoc upon the enemy and her senses. Her buddy Zarco always did everything to the tenth degree. Though she would not admit it to him so as not to egg him on further than he would undoubtedly go in any given situation, she liked his style and he knew it. He did not need encouragement.

She continued to fire. The Marleesta were bringing all they had. Two had moved to flank the right side of the trench where she and Zarco were located. In the concentration needed to control his weapon and the concussion from its report, Baron Zarco had not noticed the two. They were upon him. He fought with one and choked the man in a guillotine choke, unfortunatley leaving the other to strike her Tetrarch from behind.

Al'Meda Zarco changed the grip on her carbine and cracked the butt of the skeletal stock into the Marleesta's shaven head. He dropped to a knee and started to turn when she struck him again in the side of his face. He turned and struck at her with a heavy bladed weapon whose trajectory was altered by her strike. Still, the weapon struck her flat against the hip causing her to drop to a knee. She reached out and grabbed the being by his still standing ankle and drew his foot from beneath him. He dropped to the floor of the trench.

She fell upon him and pressed the rifle sideways against his throat, trapping his weapon between hers and him. Though it was dark, that his wihte eyes bugged with desperation was obvious. She reflected upon what must have been the similar look upon her face. The thoughts that flash in a struggle are seldom predictable and she thought of how her people, the Mun-Ro must have seemed so primitive to Zarco. She looked and saw Baron Zarco repeatedly stabbing his foe in the side with a short sword while he maintained the guillotine choke. She thought of the bodies he had already destroyed on the steppe before them. She knew that, in all the time with her and her people he had never harmed any of them though he had far more reason to harm them than he did these Marleesta. She knew that there was one reason he had not...her.

In a burst of strength born of her epiphany, she retracted the weapon to her and, before her pinned foe could react, stuck him again, flush in the face, stunning him from further action. She struck again and again, insuring that he would not rise soon, if ever. She roase to see Baron Zarco switching weapons to face the onslaught that still raged, unabated around them.

Ricco Vao

27-09-2006 05:58:49

There were so many, Ricco fired and fired 'till the gun almost overheated and yet they still came at him advancing towards him like a tank through rubble. His gun would soon become no use to him and he noticed that a few Marleesta had already punctured a hole in their defences. He dropped the rifle and whipped out his Fira, it glistened a dusk blue in the moonlight and he opened his eyes to his prey.

He let the ugly foe come towards him and held his notched sword high, poised to strike. He brought the sword down elegantly his style completely different to any other in the group. It cut through the thigh of one and he twisted cutting into the hip of another and thrusting it finally into another’s solar plexus. Sorrow was frantically shooting at the rest trying to keep the numbers from overpowering Ricco. “Good job young one” Ricco shouted over the chaos around them.

Another wave came at Ricco but his eyes shone at them setting them off guard and he struck ornately at them spiralling and arching as if he was cutting through water. But he was tiring from the exertion and he slipped back into the trench and holstering his Fira not caring if it was stained with blood. He took out a DC-15 rifle “this should do” he said and stood next to Sorrow. The scene was reputable, four Horsemen taking on what seemed like endless Marleesta, and doing a damn good job without the Force.

Both Zarco’s were keeping the Marleesta at bay on their side helping each other, joined by the Force, whereas Ricco and Sorrow had only begun to connect in the Force and were getting slightly overrun. “Time for a grenade Sorrow” Ricco said to his counterpart and Sorrow complied willingly. A huge explosion and many enemies down.

Then like thunder over the hills Baron’s voice came “Almost time to round up the prisoners troops get ready!”

Sorrow Prototype

27-09-2006 18:25:52

When the onslaught hit, Sorrow had not fully realised the magnitude of the advancing force. His inability to sense them had, as much as he hated to admit it, thrown him a bit.

He quickly gave up on trying to stun the Marleesta, there were enough down within the first couple seconds. Instead he switched the blaster into full auto kill and fired in bursts at the waves of enemy approaching.

By the time Ricco had asked him to use a grenade the blaster he was using was near melt down, its muzzle glowed red in the night from the heat.

A boulder went flying over head and rolled through a large group of the Marleesta. The ones that could scattered. The slow ones that didn’t get out of the way in time screamed as the audible sound of their bones being cracked, shattered and crushed permeated the air. No sooner had the first boulder passed over his head then another one followed from the side, passing through the enemy tide like a giant mace.

Sorrow hurled his poison grenade into the throng and a green cloud of dust burst into existence and was carried by the wind across the steppe. Sorrow hadn’t thrown the grenade unawares, the wind was blowing away from them. More screams emanated from the Marleesta. The poison gas, a particularly nasty one that Sorrow had picked up on a sludge pit of a world that was home to a group of equally despicable smugglers worked fast. The poison caused enormous amounts of pain that incapacitated his victim then killed them within moments.

Sorrow drew his Liche-blade with his left hand and his DL-18 with his right and turned to find Ricco fighting viciously amongst a group of foul smelly Marleest. Sorrow fired several shots into the group then dove in slamming his Liche-blade into the skull of one of the assailants.

“Don’t worry about me!” cried Ricco. “I can handle these ones. Get the speeder up!”

Sorrow spun round and jumped into the driver’s seat of the speeder and threw the power switch. Instantly the engine hummed to life.

A large thud came from the back and Sorrow turned to find the Baron closing the gate to the holding cell. Al’Meda skilfully killing anyone who dared to get to close to him.

Sorrow’s poison grenade had managed to cut the opposing force in half but the cloud was gone and the second half was charging in filling the gap.

“Time to leave this hell and get back to civilization!” Sorrow called to Ricco as two more Marleest fell to the Dark Jedi Knights Fira.

Sorrow didn’t wait for a reply. Instead he slammed on the speeders accelerator as Al’meda and the Baron climbed into the seats around him.

“You know. Usually I like to drive!” The Baron yelled to Sorrow as his hands directed another boulder into masses.

Sorrow afforded a quick glance over his shoulder to find Ricco gripping in a crouched position on top of the holding cell. The knight’s dark eyes glowing in approval.

“Do you wanna do that again?” He asked Sorrow.

“Not without a hell of a lot more guns.” Replied Sorrow, eliciting a laughter from everyone on board.

Baron Zarco

28-09-2006 08:51:08

After several minutes of silence while all wondered if they had out-distanced the Marleesta, Zarco spoke. "So, Sorrow, where are we going?"

Sorrow replied, "Cho Kirai."

The Tetrarch asked. "Where is that?"

Sorrow thought and put together his memory of the fly-over on the way in to Pandor Erla and his sense of direction as well as his wonder about the glow that seemed to be coming from far away. He responded, poniting towards the glow, "over there."

"Okay," was Baron Zarco's only answer.

"I would have said third star to the left and straight on 'til morning," chimed in Al'Meda.

AlMeda Zarco

29-09-2006 12:25:09

As the group approached, the dimensions of Cho-Kirai became apparent. It was a very large city centered around a hill. he city was walled and, unlike many walled cities, there were no hangers-on encamped around the walls. Al'Meda thought for a moment about the battle they had just ahd and about how the Marleesta must be the reason for the tidiness about the city walls. The natives would literally sweep away any who did not seek the "safety" of the city.

The city walls were dotted with blaster and lascannon turrets, even the odd projectile weapon turret could be seen jutting defiantly from the high walls. The style of architecture was definately eclectic, testament to just how many waves of "settlement" had been heaped upon this one spot - "Cho-Kirai." The name of the city itself, undoubtedly lost on most, bespoke of the aggressive nature of the initial settlers and, apparently, those that followed. In the language of the first settlers, "Cho-Kirai" meant "first cut." Perhaps the connotations of the word had been lost to time but to Al'Meda it seemed that the intent of the settlers upon arriving was made clear by the name they gacve their new home.

It was still dark. Baron Zarco had discussed with the phyle whether to enter now or later. He had warned that surely there would be no traffic in or out of the city. That would raise eyeborws. Still, it made no sense to remain in the "wild" between Pandor Erla and Cho-Kirai. That, and the desire to get an early start, made this early morning incursion the decision of the group.

The smell of the city wafted across the steppes to greet them. To Al'Meda the lights from afar had been welcome. The smell was decidely not.

Baron Zarco

29-09-2006 13:41:19

Zarco pointed to the complex that dominated the hill in the center of Cho-Kirai. "That is the physical structure of the initial garrison that was left here to protect and defend the laboratory that is deep within. The laboratory proper is carved into the hill beneath it. I am open to suggestion as to whether we should acquire the Professor there, at his home or somewhere in transit."

All watched as a space faring vehicle left a skyward opening in from the central structure and sped into the atmosphere.

"Our first plan is to gain entry into the city then assume our new identities after we have sold our cargo. We will go to the slave blocks and sell our captives. I have planted a surveillance device in each of our captives to assist us in determining exactly where within the central complex they are examined, hopefully by the Professor, so our efforts do not turn into a wild Bantha chase."

The speeder slowed as it approached the check point. Blasters were trained upon the party. An armored sergeant of the guard came out with five similarly accoutered guards to challenge the Horsemen.

"We have not seen you here before," came the first inquiry, filtered through the helment speaker.

"We came in through Pandor Erla. We have not been here in ages but we have been here before," calmly spoke Baron Zarco.

"What is the nature of your visit?" The sergeant eyed all curiously.

"We have Marleesta to sell or trade," answered the Tetrarch.

"What is the going rate these days?" Al'Meda had spoken immediatley behind Zarco.

"Let me see your identification," directed the sergeant.

All fidgeted to produce the identification that their Tetrarch had provided. The sergeant turned and took the material inside the guardhouse.

One of the guards eyed Sorrow, "you must think you are real bad asses roaming around at night on the steppes." Just as Sorrow began to speak, two of the other guards moved closer to get a better look inside the vehicle. His eyes wandered from face to face and then...

Baron Zarco reached into his pocket and depressed an unseen device. For no reason apparent to the guards, the trapped Marleesta began to rock the speeder and scream their shrill battle cry. Though they were secure inside the holding area, all of the guards took three steps back and raised their weapons. The sergeant emerged from the guard house.

"Do you have your cargo secure?" He demanded of Baron Zarco.

"Of course, we are not amateurs," replied Baron Zarco icily. Until then he had been almost friendly.

The sergeant looked at the quartet, his eyes coming to rest upon the Ricco. His prejudices would get the best of him as he assumed the Zabrak-Chiss, with his glowing eyes, was indeed a blood-thirsty psychopath. To confirm the man's fantasies, Ricco hissed at him. The guard got right back to business.

"Here are your permits for four days. See the Provost Marshall for questions. The inner ring of the city is...."

"...off limits. We have been here before."

The sergeant handed the four their papers and waved them through.

Sorrow Prototype

01-10-2006 18:36:35

Sorrow took his hand out from beneath his jacket and re-sheathed his liche-blade with a grunt of annoyance.

"Well I think if we want him, we should take him at home." Sorrow replied to Baron Zarco's earlier question.

"And why is that?" Asked the Baron.

"Well, if we take him in transit to the lab or home, it will have to be a hit and run job. It'll be out in the open and the city gate will probably be locked off by security before we get back. Plus if one or both of the Jedi are with him, the town security will have time to reach us while we deal with the Jedi." Sorrow paused briefly to allow the others to take in this information, then continued at a nod from the Baron.

"At the lab is possible. However we will most definately have to deal with both the Jedi and security as well as avoid complicated alarm systems."

"No, at home is best. Minnimal security means maybe a guard or two, a low level alarm that's easy to deal with so we’ll have less trouble getting out of the city, and my firm belief that at the most only one of the Jedi will be there." Sorrow once again waited for the others to take in this information.

“Why only one Jedi at the most?” Asked Al’meda.

“The other Jedi will most likely not want to leave the lab un-protected.” Was Sorrow’s reply. “Granted that’s just my run down of the situation.”

“Sounds like you’ve done this kind of thing before?” Asked the Baron.

“I’ve had my moments.” Sorrow paused for a moment then added. “Of course you may want to destroy the lab. So the work can’t be continued…? Or do we need to bring some of the work back…? Or maybe we just need the Professor?”

"If we need something at the lab, I'd suggest two groups. With good timing the Professor could be taken from home and out of the city. Then the other group takes care of the lab. It gives us the Professor and allows us to deal with the lab without jepordising the entire mission." Sorrow looked at the Baron quizically as the rest of the group gazed at him stunned.

"Not to be rude, but I didn't know you were that good at planning." Said Ricco, somewhat impressed.

Ricco Vao

05-10-2006 10:28:32

“I shall go with you Sorrow, to the lab, we should have no problem with the Jedi, if there is only one that is, and getting past the security is what us Krath do best, sneaking!” said Ricco fervently as he stroked his new favourite toy. “I can’t wait to use this again” he set off to gather what he needed and came back to find them all planning when, where, and how they were going to consummate the plan.

Sorrow Prototype

05-10-2006 12:02:44

After parking the speeder and Ricco’s assurance that they would be able to deal with any problems at the lab, Sorrow walked over to a local market stand to replenish his grenade supplies. He also noticed a vibroknuckler and after several minutes of consideration he purchased it along with a thermal detonator and another plasma grenade.

“Well, if we’re gonna stop this place from re-producing its research then a thermal detonator is definitely the way to do it.” Sorrow said to himself under his breath as he returned to the speeder to find the Marleesta prisoner they had captured had been sold off.

Shortly after his return and in deep consideration of how the mission would be completed, Ricco returned with several supply items and noticed the Marleesta were gone.

“Did you at least get a good price?” He asked Baron Zarco.

“Better than I expected.” Responded the Baron as he reached into his pockets and tossed pouches into the awaiting hands of Al’meda, Ricco and Sorrow. “Good pay for a good day.”

“So Al’Meda and I will grab the Professor at his home quietly and remove him from the city. While we do that you and Sorrow will get into the lab, acquire the device and fairly blow the crap out of the place!” A grin spread across Sorrow’s face as the Baron spoke.

“Then we get out the city via your contacts back door and meet up back at the ship.” Replied Sorrow. “Mission complete. Job done.”

AlMeda Zarco

05-10-2006 22:55:59

"Al'Meda rolled the loot in her hands and thought out loud, "Should we really split the party? I have always felt that was the quickest route to disaster."

The Tetrarch looked at her.

She continued,"If we were real sure both would succeed we could split the partty but we fought as a team out on the steppes. I say we continue our success as a group."

The Tetrarch prepared to respond again but Al'Meda pushed forward. "I know I am the low one on the totenm pole here but, also, if we are to destroy the research and capture the professor then we should do it all at one place."

The Tetrarch waited until he wassure she was done this time. Baron Zarco then spoke, "I agree." He held out a burn bag and instucted all to place their identification in the bag. Once all had done so, he activated the bag, obliterating the contents, the bounty hunter identifiaction inside.

Baron Zarco then continued,"Ricco, Sorrow, go sell the speeder and meet me back at the Freeman's Folly tonight, room 301."

Baron Zarco

05-10-2006 23:15:23

Ricco and Sorrow went off to sell the speeder. The Zarcos walked to the nearby Inn, Freeman's Folly, with equipment bags in hand.

"Room 301?" Al'Meda asked Baron Zarco.

"We have reservations," was the Tetrarch's only reply.

As the approached the check-in desk, Baron Zarco produced a card holding credits. "Reservations for 301," he said.

"301, yes sir," was the droid's response.

The two went to the room. Once inside they opened their weapons bags and began to sort. The two laid out food for Ricco and Sorrow, sure that they would soon return.

After several minutes a knock on the door was heard. The Tetrarch reached out with his mind and sensed Ricco's familiar signature. He opened the door and hurried the two inside.

"Eat. We are in a bit of a hurry."

As everyone ate, Baron Zarco opened a pouch. "We have new identification. We are to be admitted as a visiting scientist, a politician, and their guards. I will pose as the politician. Al'Mea will pose as the scientist. You two will pose as guards. Even if you choose to not use ranged weapons, carry one for me."

"We will enter the compound in two hours and work our way into the laboratory."

As he finished talking, Zarco checked his B-22 blaster in ankle holster and ELG-3A hidden at his waist. He pushed his lightsaber into a forearm sheath on his left arm. He then donned a vest loaded with baradium charges all around. When he donned his coat he looked much heavier with all the massive explosives surrounding him."

"What? No this is not a suicide mission! I have every intent of reaping the rewards. Plus, this is my disguise."

"Yeah right," laughed Al'Meda Zarco.

Ricco Vao

10-10-2006 17:22:23

Sorrow led the way with the Zarco's in between him and Ricco who was at the back. Ricco hated being in disguise but the plan was beguiling and well thought through. The large Lab facility faced them, the security was higher then most Labs but not so tough that they would be sent packing.

They went in separately so as not to increase suspicion the Baron with Ricco and the other two came a short while after. They met up in the room after reception and decided where the professor would be and if the Jedi would be with him. “Will there be additional security to the Jedi?” Sorrow questioned, the Baron just looked at him “It depends the Lab will have its own security” Ricco chipped in before anything else was said. Tensions were high and things were becoming intense, Ricco had to smile at the other two men and Al’Meda laughed.

“Come on boys or we shall never get this finished” she said still chuckling inside.

AlMeda Zarco

10-10-2006 18:24:21

“It looks like it’s time to delve into the interior of the lab guys,” muttered Al’Meda under her breath to the others. She led the three to the security station marked “highly restricted” that was surrounded by guards. The double doors to the facility were behind X-Ray machines that would literally see through all who passed. All minds went to the weapons concealed on Zarco and Al’Meda, especially Zarco’s explosive suit.

Ricco felt Baron Zarco in his mind, “lightsaber – lightsaber – lightsaber.” Of all the weapons and such, the revelation of those would be catastrophic. The four approached the checkpoint, Zarco in the lead.

“Sir we will need to see your identification.”

“What I am Senator Chalseeda from…”

“All must submit.”

Al’Meda interrupted, “here are the papers for our visit.”

The guard examined the papers.

Zarco felt Sorrow’s upset as he eyed the door labeled “biohazard” and “nuclear and chemical agents in use.”

“Very well Professor Zorgon and Senator Chalseeda you may pass. Your guards will have to remain behind.”

“Zarco exploded, “This is an outrage! No one of any importance travels without guards. I will cut you down. What is your name?”

All of the guards bristled in anticipation, weapons at the ready. Ricco and Sorrow remained calm.

“Speak man! I want your name! Let me talk to your supervisor. I will see that you…”

“Easy. Easy,” spoke Al’Meda Zarco, taking the guard aside. “You see, his culture is a bit overdone when it comes to testosterone. He is a powerful man though.” Al’Meda’s eyes and voice changed. She noticed him looking at her in an unprofessional manner and knew this man to be very, very weak-minded. “I am sure you would prefer to handle this matter in a way that was to your benefit. Your superiors will thank you for being so accommodating to us,” she whispered but anyone who would hear would have never heard a whisper so intent.

“Yes,” said the guard, never looking up.

“Good, good,” whispered Al’Meda against the backdrop of the shrugs of Ricco and Sorrow and the continued raving of Baron Zarco.

The guard motioned for the four to move around the scanner to the double doors. With a swipe of his card the doors opened. The four stepped in an the doors whooshed shut behind them. The room was sterile but for guards encased in clear durasteel shielding with firing ports on either side. Al’Meda approached the lone fixture in the sterile room and leaned forward.

The scanner would read her retina to determine her identity. As she leaned forward she reached into the [pocket of the white lab coat and brought her hand up beside her face. Ricco and Sorrow instinctively blocked the guard’s view of her while Zarco walked audaciously to the clear ports and stuck his fingers inside, acting the fool, apparently to continue the routine from just outside the doors they had entered.

Al’Meda placed the small bottle beside her face, all inside the shield to either side of the monitoring device, and jiggled the bottle to align the disembodied orb floating within to be read by the security system. Zarco had assured her that it was fresh enough to pass unless a certain type of….

“Ding!” The doors swooshed open revealing the bright, white halls of the inner laboratory.

Al’Meda looked back and smiled.

Sorrow Prototype

11-10-2006 01:02:21

Sorrow followed Al'Meda, Baron Zarco and Ricco into the halls of the laboratory. The pristine white halls gave him brief flashbacks to the white halls of the laboratory he had escaped from only moments after his birth. As he walked down the hallway his hand briefly conecting with the wall memories of his first breath of air, looking around and seeing four clones identical to him hanging lifeless from smashed growth tubes.

His thoughts were dashed aside as The Baron and Al'Meda approached a door at the end of the hallway and it slid open to reveal a large room filled with several groups of people.

All eyes turned to the Zarco's and and their two guards, Ricco especially commanded their conserns.

A short, balding human holding a small computer smiled contently as he spoke. "Ahh yes that should be the last of the arrivals! The demonstration shall begin shortly if you will all follow me into the next room and take your seats."

AlMeda Zarco

11-10-2006 20:17:36

The party filed into the room as indicated. All sat in an auditorium type seating facing a a cloudy barrier that looked as though it could be a screen. As the crowd murmured, each carrying their own conversation, the sound of a being clearing its throat came over the address system.

"Greetings. I am Professor Vranz Manteel."

Zarco nonchalantly looked over at Sorrow who was demonstarting the antithesis on nonchalant. Zarco raised an eyebrow at Sorrow and Sorrow remembered their agreement. No words were necessary.

"My assistant, Professor Pennywhistle and I have arranged a demonstration of our latest project. The project is based upon the fusion of rather typical cloning procedure with midichlorians harvested from jedi and anti-chlorians harvested from the Marleesta."

A murmur here and there was heard from the crowd.

"Yes, you heard me correctly. We combined Jedi DNA and midichlorians in clones and found them, shall we say, too agressive. Those prototypes have been rejected as inferior and summarily destroyed. Now, several generations, in lab terms of course, later we have successfully combined the Force blocking powers of the Marleesta with the Force using ability of the Jedi, all contained in a perfect physical and genetic specimen. Behold my Manteelians."

The cloudy wall turned clear, revealing it to be a clear durasteel barrier. Five dark Jedi, all recognizable to the party from holovid records, stood in the middle of a room, nervous and primed for action. The were armed with Sith Swords and blasters.

Ricco whispered to Baron Zarco. "That's Anik Koran and Gr....."

"Shhhhhh," whispered the Tetrarch. "When they failed me in the Great Jedi War I sent them to feed my stingrays. I had no idea they would wind up here." Zarco smiled at Ricco. Neither he nor Ricco would ever know whether it was really the most recently AWOLed Horsemen or whether they were clones. Frankly, Zarco did not care.

Without warning four doors opened equidistant in the room on the other side of the clear duratseel. Four beings emerged. Each was massive and without armor or weapons. They appeared to be humans, obviously enhanced beyond anything any of the Horsemen had ever seen before. The Dark Jedi began firing their blasters. The four moved quickly to converge upon the beseiged rogues. One of Manteel's monsters went down from the hail of fire but the other three engaged the rogues at close range.

A massive fist literally unhinged the jaw of one of the rogues before he could attack wth his sword, spinning and dropping him immediately. The fallen rogue was stomped to death in an instant. The two remaining Manteelians engaged the four rogues to devastating effect. The Manteelians disarmed two of the rogues with a dazzling display of further enhancement of thier considerable talents by invocation of the Force. Two rogues died, beaten to death. The remaining two rogues stood back to back, striking at the three Manteelians now that the one who had been occupied with the first kill had turned from his gratuitous carnage aimed at the first fallen rogue.

Zarco noted to himself that the bloodlust demonstrated by the first Manteelian was a potential weakness.

One of the Manteelians, then another, fell to the sword of the one who everyone believed was Anik Koran, one of the former Horsemen ejected from the team by Baron Zarco. The only other remaining rogue, though, was utterly destroyed by the Mantellian he fought. Only moments into the battle four rogue dark jedi had been dispatched, their Force powers all but useless against the Mateelians who, in addition to their "natural" talents, had a command of the Force all their own. For their side, three Manteelians had fallen.

The lone rogue and the last Manteelian circled. Then, the rogue was lifted from the ground, suspended in the air telekinetically. One of the downed Mateelians sat up, then another, then another. They rose and coverged upon the helpless dark jedi who struggled to use his connection with the Force upon his engineered assailants. The four grabbed a limb each and literally ripped the erstwhile dark jedi to pieces, the blood and gore of their celebration splashing the clear barrier. Most of the audience gasped.

The Horsemen looked at one another and Zarco giggled. "See what happens to bad tyros."

Mateel's voice interrupted Al'Meda's comment.

"I will assure you they possess extreme proficiency with ranged and melee weapons...including the lightsaber.

Sorrow Prototype

12-10-2006 00:45:17

Sorrow sat silently through the applause of the crowd, his sorrowful expression had a grim edge to it. Al’Meda and Baron Zarco stood up clapping but the Dark Jedi could feel the tension from the others. If this is what they had created here, then all Dark Jedi were in danger!

Sorrow’s mind clicked over in his head, analyzing the fight that had taken place inside the clear durasteel room. These Manteelians were fast, but all that strength and their bulky forms took away from that speed. As the Manteelians moved from the room he also noticed that they seemed to be shock troopers. Yes they were devastating, but they had limited endurance. In a prolonged fight, they would begin to tire quickly. Finally, this was a controlled experiment. In a real battle the force could be used against them, just like out on the plains against the Marleest.

Sorrow’s thumb caressed his Liche-blade as he thought about fighting these monsters. Using their weaknesses against them and slicing them to pieces.

Showing that poor excuse for a Professor what a proper force sensitive clone was capable of!!

Sorrow rocked back and forth slightly in his seat in anticipation of that moment. A hand settled on his shoulder and Sorrow turned to see Al’Meda’s calming eyes looking him over carefully.

“Zarco told me about your past. He tells me everything.” She added quickly at Sorrow’s raised eyebrow. “Don’t worry. You’ll get your chance.”

Ricco Vao

12-10-2006 12:01:32

Ricco mediated over these creations; he fell almost into a daydream not realising what was going on around him. Could they really be agile enough to wield a lightsaber, but more importantly why were these beasts being made? Was it a plan of the Jedi; was this professor in their pay? He was not as sure as Sorrow about being able to defeat these humanoid clones. He came back to, the professor was explaining more about these Manteelians and he could feel the tension in Sorrow. He wanted to get this over with and Sorrow was getting restless but he waited for the signal from Zarco. Their leader would have it all planned out and Ricco had learned patience in his stay at the Brotherhood. He went back to thinking about how to defeat these creatures knowing fine well they would come to the aid of the professor and would have to be destroyed. He also pondered about capturing one and using it to the Brotherhoods advantage, he presumed Zarco had already thought this through and his thoughts fell silent as the annoying voice of the professor came back to his ears.

Sorrow Prototype

12-10-2006 20:43:34

“You’ll find that each of my creations are conditioned to respond to the orders of there leaders regardless of self danger or and moral thought. In short, they’re organic machines. They’ll do what you want when you want with no complaints. I believe you’ll also find that for this kind of obedience and ability, the asking price is not un-justified.” The professor paced back and forth as he spoke, subconsciously rubbing his hands together as he spoke.

“And the Jedi permit these…. Things.” One of the delegates in the audience questioned.

“The Jedi have other things they require my services for. So let’s just say we’ve found… A common ground.” Responded the Professor.

“How many Manteelians have you made and how long will it take to make more?” A Rodian audience member queried.

“I have this one and two others for personal use. Don’t worry my friends. From beginning to end it takes only 34 days to build an obedient Manteelian. But enough all will be answers by the info files you’ve been given. I’ll give you a day or two to think about how many you’d like! Good day ladies and getlemen.” The professor laughed to himself as he watched as the audience talked amongst themselves then rise and begin to head for the door.

Sorrow became acutely aware that they had yet to see the two jedi reported to be here. On top of these Marteelians, they were going to have one hell of a battle on their hands. Sorrow redirected his gaze to the Baron and the others and waited for a sign of their next course of action.

Baron Zarco

13-10-2006 14:14:59

Zarco spoke aloud, Professor Manteel..."

The man turned and Zarco approached with Al'Meda, Ricco and Sorrow bringing up the rear. Zarco was comfortable that Sorrow's helmet would disguise any glimmer of identification the Professor may have had for the Horseman.

"My chief sciemtiss and I are interested in buying the rights to your project."

That is out of the question."

"Well, what about our purchase of a franchise, if you will?"

"That is a possibility," Manteel looked at the "Senator" and his scientist.

Zarco looked side to side then into the man's eyes that glimmered like a rat's beady red eyes. "Then I need a tour of your facility."

Manteel looked at the party, especially the guards. He then spoke into a device affixed to his forearm. "Manteel One and Two, with me." The maasive men took force pikes from the wall within the death chamber and emerged from around through another door. The wounds taken by them had healed. The Professor then spoke again into the forearm device. "Manteel Three and Four, to your quarters."

"Follow me," said teh Professor as he led the way, flanked by the two Manteel that seemed to have no worry that the party, including guards, followed behind them.

AlMeda Zarco

13-10-2006 14:38:42

The Professor stopped and turned right. He produced his entry card and the door slid up. He entered and ten did the others. This time, the Manteel stayed behind, aligning themselves behind the party.

The room they had entered was a grisly sight. Clear containers of every size littered the room. Creatures of every ilk and mutation floated lifeless in the brine that had once fed their hope at life. Odd-sized limbs, hair, teeth, eyes, all manner of grotesque combination, stood as testament to a brilliant, imaginative mind completely unfettered by notions of propriety or morality.

Manteel stood smiling in his museum of the amoral. “These are my failures, at least the ones who did not get away. I keep them as an artistic expression of my belief that the end always justifies the means, however horrible.”

“Well, I’m no art critic and your philosophy is way over my head,” replied Baron Zarco. “Can we get down to business here?”

Professor Manteel’s eyes narrowed and he squinted at the “Senator.” He spoke in a grating, grinding voice that did not even attempt to conceal his contempt. “You politicians are so lacking in vision.”

The silence was deafening. Zarco inched forward, closer to the Professor. The Manteel tightened. Ricco and Sorrow tightened. The air seemed as though it would explode.

Zarco’s face erupted into a smile and he jovially remarked, “that’s why you make the big bucks baby!”

Professor Manteel devolved into laughter. He spun on one heel and walked briskly away. “Follow me to the primary lab.”

As the group walked Al’Meda spoke to Ricco in a whisper. “Pass it down. As soon as we see the lab Baron Zarco and you will take the Manteel. Sorrow and I will subdue the Professor.”

Al'Meda then turned to the Professor who had stopped at yet another door and opened it with his security card.

"Viola!" The Professor beamed. The laborstory was huge and centered upon a blinking mainframe in the center. There were lab stations everywhere "manned" by droids. Other than the many neasts, humanoids and such in various stages of growth captured in vats, there werre no organic form working the lab.

Almost as if sensing the question on everyone's mind, or perhaps out of pre-determined pride, Professor Manteel announced, "unless I grow it myself, I do not trust anything organic. Thus, my operations are "manned" by the droids as guided by the central computer." He nodded to the mainframe in the center.

"I am curious about the blending of midichlorians and anti-chlorians," intoned Al'Meda Zarco.

"They are not incompatable under laboratory condition, in a single organism. Though they certainly followed differing evolutionary paths, they co-exist nicely in a single being."

"I have read that the anti-chlorians come from the Marleesta. Where are you getting midichlorians in sufficient quantity?"

"The Jedi have cooperated. My dealings bring me in contact with, shall we say, many organizations. I agreed to assist teh Jedi in their efforts as regards a certain organization in exchange for their assistance. They seem so concerned about some 'new enemy' that they have departed from their usual piety."

"Interesting," was Al'Meda's only reply.

Sorrow Prototype

13-10-2006 17:42:16

“You mentioned that some of your projects had escaped?” Baron Zarco asked the Professor casually and felt Sorrow’s ear perk up and centre acutely on the Professor’s next words.

“Not one of mine.” Responded the Professor. “In my earlier days of the project, before even the Jedi were aware of it. I worked with an outcast Kamoen cloner. That’s where I got most of the basis for my work. Anyway one of his creations escaped. He still has four of them, well trained and effective I might add, but I am confident my Manteel will be far more devastating than anything he created. Besides during the escape, most of his lab was destroyed and it was difficult for him to continue his work.”

“So what happened to this escaped project?” Al’Meda asked fawning disinterest.

“It no doubt died soon after. It hadn’t received any education or programming yet and to even imagine it could survive in that form is, well ridiculous.” The professor continued through the room to a door on the far side, his comments on the lost project ended with a shallow sadistic laugh.

As they approached the next door Ricco passed on Al’meda’s instructions and for the first time a complete un-wavering smile appeared on Sorrow’s face, hidden to all by his helmet.

Ricco Vao

13-10-2006 18:25:29

As they walked Ricco felt a tremor in the Force, the jedi were near their faint signatures becoming more apparent as they came closer to the lab. When the lab door was in sight Ricco motioned to Zarco and their leader nodded. They had perfected an attack move before and would be able to use it at a specific point.

Zarco moved first and Ricco followed swiftly. Zarco jumped elegantly but powerfully over the heads of the Manteelians, for a second they stopped in amazement, this gave Ricco the chance to attack from behind. He unconcealed his Fira and slashed at the back of the huge humanoid.

Al’Meda and Sorrow quickly ran for the professor to apprehend him. He had been awed at first but quickly got the hint that the group meant trouble and scampered. He didn’t get far before the two were at his heels.

Ricco’s slash did next to no damage which unsettled him. His trusty Fira had cut through many beings and he was determined to slice this one but as he tried again the creature swung round and buffeted him sending him flying backwards. “time for lightsabers” Ricco thought to himself.

Meanwhile Zarco had used the advantage of surprise to attack his Manteel but Ricco could not see this and it was furthest from his mind at the moment.

Sorrow Prototype

13-10-2006 19:04:51

When the call came, Ricco and the Baron turned and attacked the Manteel, Sorrow drove forward and grabbed for the scampering Professor. After chasing the Professor briefly, Sorrow managed to grab him and spin him around slamming him down onto a table. The Professor looked up arrogantly at Sorrow’s helmet covered face.

“You’ve made a big mistake who ever you…” The Professor’s words were cut short as Sorrow removed his helmet, the smile that was there earlier was now gone. All colour drained from his face and a look of terror appeared. “You! No that’s impossible! You can’t be!”

Sorrow was distracted by the sound of a lightsaber igniting and turned in time to see Ricco duck below a swing from a force pike and slashed the creature across the abdomen with his saber. Al’Meda had also turned at the sound and now had drawn her blaster and let a couple shots off towards the giant Manteel. The Manteel took the blaster fire and the saber slash without slowing and faced off against Ricco once again.

Sorrow turned back to the Professor and looked at the communication device on the Professor’s hand. He suddenly remembered what had been said in the auditorium, about how these monsters would obey any order regardless of harm to themselves.

“Make them stop.” He said flatly to the Professor. Then he reached into his coat drew out his training saber igniting it in front of the terrified mans eyes.

“What do you think you can do with that?” The Professor, not so scared that he couldn’t recognize a training saber.

Sorrow held the blade of his saber against the Professor’s neck. The heat of the blade began to singe the skin turning it red then it began to crisp and blacken. Soon the skin began to blister and split, the Professor writhing in pain as his skin was slowly seared away.

“Ok! Ok!” Gasped the Professor. Sorrow withdrew the training blade as Manteel’s arm came up and he spoke into the device. “One. Two. Stand down.”

Sorrow turned back to see the bloodied creature that Ricco had been battling standing limply before the Knight, its force Pike hanging defencelessly at its side. The other being that Baron Zarco had fought lay on the ground, its head still attached to the body by a few stray tendons.

Ricco turned his back on the monstrosity and as his light saber flashed around his head and body embedding itself in the chest of the chimera said “Good work Sorrow. But un-necessary. I would have killed it.”

Both Ricco and the Baron moved to join Al’Meda and Sorrow at the table with the quivering Professor.

AlMeda Zarco

13-10-2006 21:18:27

Baron Zarco took a look at the Professor and spat, "lacking in vision indeed."

The Tetrarch then looked around at all present. "Prepare him for travel. I have things to do."

Baron Zarco reached down and snatched the security card from the Professor. He ran for the door and, on the way, stopped at the mainframe and opened a service door to it. He removed his vest, set the timer on it and hid it within the facility's brain. He then ran for the door and opened it.

Meanwhile, Al'Meda Zarco, Ricco and Sorrow tied and bound the Professor. he was hooded and gagged. Al'Meda then produced a syringe and injected a sedative into him. His body went limp within moments of being injected.

The party looked up after finishing their efforts and Baron Zarco was gone. Ricco and Sorrow looked at Al'Meda.

"He's to retrieve an item we need."

Baron Zarco

13-10-2006 21:28:19

Baron Zarco ran down the hall to a door that looked like all the others. He slid te security card and the door opened. Inside were the living quarters of Professor Manteel.

A Mateelian came from the shadows to confront him. He ignited his lightsaber and stabbed through its throat with one hand while pulling a DX-2 blaster with the other. He fired at the creatures legs even as it was dismembering tself grabbing at Zarco's lightsaber.

ZZZzzzzzzzaaaaapppp!!!

The DX-2 vaporized the uber-clone's legs in a fury of disruption typical of the DX-2. Zarco smiled. "That's why it is illegal in all 'civilized' systems."

Zarco took his still ignited lightsaber and cast its glow around the room. He saw a picture on the wall that seemed vastly out of place for a man such as Manteel.

Zarco flung the picture from the wall with an unseen hand and approached the 'hidden' safe. The security card slid into its slot and the safe opened. Inside were several valuables and a small, metal container. Zarco sensed the container was what he wanted and took all of the contents of the safe to divide among the party.

As he was finishing his pillage he heard the sound of blaster fire back towards the laboratory. He turned and ran back towards that direction.

When the Tetrarch rounded the corner to the lab entrance he saw twenty battle droids already in the laboratory firing at the Horsemen inside. Ricco, Sorrow and Al'Meda were pinned down behind one of many rows of laboratory tables.

The exchange of fire was causing glass to explode and spraying contents everywhere.

Sorrow Prototype

14-10-2006 11:59:37

The battledroids had appeared out of nowhere. Sorrow, Ricco and Al’Meda had barely enough time to react. Al’Meda grabbed the Professor and dived behind a row of laboratory tables followed quickly by Sorrow and Ricco. Ricco turned to Sorrow and grinned.

“This is where the real fun begins! But I’m still wondering where the Jedi are.” Ricco pulled his light saber out again and looked up to find Baron Zarco standing at the door looking in at the scene. “Sorrow I think we need another one of your special grenades.”

Sorrow grinned inwardly as he pulled out a plasma grenade and threw it over his shoulder into the battledroids as blaster fire rained over the tables. The explosion that followed was very gratifying for the group and the blaster fire was reduced by at least half.

Ricco’s light saber ignited and hummed with intent. As Baron Zarco flew into the remaining battledroids Ricco spun and leapt over the tables with a growl of excitement.

“Its times like these I wish I had my lightsaber.” She said to Sorrow and Sorrow nodded whole heartedly.

With in moments the blaster fire had died down and the room was filled with the smoke desiccated droids.

As everyone converged in the middle of the room there was a buzz in the force that could only mean one thing.

Everyone turned to the door to see to green lightsaber ignite amongst the smoke and as the smoke cleared two Jedi came into view with the final Manteelian standing behind them.

Al’Meda grinned as Sorrow drew out his DL-18 blaster and held his Liche-blade in his other hand. Ricco and Baron Zarco stood in front of the two younger dark Jedi their sabers flashing around there bodys menacingly.

Ricco and Baron Zarco took up strong attack stance. The Baron looked over his shoulder and said. “You two take care of the abomination and then join us with these Jedi.” The word Jedi left his mouth with sense of pure loathing. Zarco’s eyes turned and re-captured the Jedi, striking them with a debilitating glare.

Ricco Vao

14-10-2006 14:19:46

Ricco’s lightsaber burned a bright purple on the metallic floor and his eyes glared at the Jedi. There was an old Jedi and a younger one “master and padawan” Ricco thought as they took up defensive positions. Ricco held his saber high almost touching the ceiling. Zarco took his Makashi stance his green saber flowing through the air willing the Jedi to come closer.

Ricco’s thoughts were wrong the young Jedi was supremely skilled with the saber and he let Ricco attack him first easily blocking the Krath’s thrust and pushed Ricco against the near wall [TE]. Zarco angered by the Jedi more than ever violently attacked the older man, his skill with the saber was less impressive and Zarco managed to overpower him and strike at his legs. His saber sliced deep into the old mans thigh and he yelped in pain.

Meanwhile Sorrow and Al’Meda rushed the remaining Manteelian Sorrow shooting frantically at the being which was made to replace his kind. “I’ll show them who is the better” he though aloud. Al’Meda had to smile as she struck the beast, “he sure is determined”.

Ricco took up his more familiar Shi Cho style that he had mastered. He elegantly but resolutely slashed at the young Jedi hoping that his calm and composed nature would be enough to confuse the Jedi, it was working and the Jedi was tiring from the blocking and holding off. Together Zarco and he drove the Jedi backward away from the others who were still fighting the Manteelian.

Baron Zarco

17-10-2006 08:32:54

Baron Zarco knew that the party had no time to tarry. He had set the baradium vest to detonate in forty-five minutes. At least ten or fifteen had already passed.

The older Jedi spoke to Zarco hoping to buy himself some time to heal. "It's not too late. The Iron Fang can use your talents."

Zarco would not fall for the ploy and rushed the older Jedi. The two clashed and closed the gap eventually grappling one another with their two green blades aglow in the mix. The two gripped one another's lightsabers and struggled. Zarco spoke within centimeters of the other's face as they struggled.

"I am sure they can. My work forn them was on a case by case basis. Unlike you, I know how to maintain my individuality, even within a group."

Zarco fell back and planted his feet in the abdomen of the Jedi, flipping him over to land amid shattered glass and the debris of the fight. Before the man could rise, Zarco drew his B-22 blaster from its holster and fired into the top of the opposing Jedi's head. The Jedi blocke the bolt with his lightsaber but the bolt was defelcted into the myriad chemicals now pooled in the floor.

The searing bolt ignitd the chemicals and the Jedi's robes, soaked as they were, burst into flame. The Jedi scrambled to his feet and flailed about again the fire that was cooking him alive.

AlMeda Zarco

17-10-2006 09:44:12

Sorrow was venting himself upon the Manteelian such that it was more than busy with him. She always kept an eye on Baron Zarco and she saw the struggle between the Jedi and her Zarco. When she glanced at him she noticed he was glancing back at her. Though many might opine that such affection was weakness, their opinion would be gravely mistaken. In fact, such connection had saved them many times.

The flaming Jedi rushed Baron Zarco. In an instant Al'Meda Zarco pulled her DX-2 disruptor, confident that Sorrow had the Manteelian occupied, and fired at the flaming Jedi's legs. The wicked weapon, illegal across the galaxy, disintegrated the man's lower torso, dropping the remaining flaming Jedi to the floor to burn in a pool of spilled chemicals and his own rapidly combusting body.

Baron Zarco looked at Al'Meda and smiled. The Tetrarch called, "get the professorj" just in time to see him manipulating his forearm device, presumably to call for more help, or worse. Somehow he had escaped. Perhaps the caustic substances flying about had destroyed the integrity of his bonds.

Baron Zarco reacted instantly. He threw his lightsaber at the man. The viridian blade spun through the air, eddying the smoke that had begun to accumulate. The blade cut neatly through the arm device and the arm upon which it was affixed. The Professor cluthched his burnt stump and fainted.

Baron Zarco caused the saber to fly back to his hand and turned to survey the continuing battle around them while Al'Meda rushed to gather up the Professor.

Ricco Vao

17-10-2006 14:31:11

Ricco was not having as much luck with his Jedi; he was younger and more agile than the Krath and glowed as if the light of the force seeped from him. He held his blue blade low and attacked Ricco now surging forward like a bull to a red cape focused on only one thing. But Ricco had lived through many battles and this young one was inexperienced, he let the Jedi come to him blocking elegantly each time letting the Jedi tire. Once Ricco would have done the same, flipping, twirling, and battering his foe down, but now he was more patient. The Jedi threw a huge attack at him, bludgeoning down came the sabre but Ricco only had to swiftly side step and brought the hilt of his sabre down upon the Jedi’s back. The young Jedi slouched and Ricco kicked him in the midriff. His cyan blade falling from his grasp and he spluttered on the chemical soaked floor. The last thing he saw was Ricco’s fiendish eyes then a violet haze.

Sorrow was still battling the Manteelian it had him in a strange sort of bear hug and Sorrow looked as if he was going to pop. Ricco ran towards the two Zarco’s “how much time do we have?” he asked knowing the answer would be not long. “Fifteen maximum” said Zarco almost shakily. He then noticed Sorrow who, had not cried for help once but, was looking irresolute and motioned to help him.

Sorrow Prototype

17-10-2006 18:44:29

It was getting more difficult to breath. He could feel his chest being crushed by the massive arms of the Manteelian monster. The room grew brighter as his eyes dilated in panic. It was like his birth, like being trapped in that small breeding tube. So small and constrained, lungs screaming for oxygen that wouldn’t come.

Sorrow struggled to pull himself from the brink, he struggled to focus on this moment. It was years later, he wasn’t in that tube anymore. He was in a battle for life and death. More than that he was in a battle to prove his existence, prove his worth.

As his mind found its focus, its meaning, his arm flailed out to the side as his vision turned to his fellow horsemen. Sorrow could see the others standing there watching him fight this personal fight. As his arm came down however he saw Ricco see the movement as a request for help.

Sorrow screamed with his mouth and his mind for the Dark Jedi to stay away, but the words never left his mouth, starved of oxygen they could find no standing in the world of sound. As the Dark Jedi moved closer, Sorrow knew he had to finish this fight before Ricco finished it for him.

With his free arm Sorrow reached around the beasts grip and found his vibroknuckler at his belt. His fingers slid easily into the grip and he could feel the hum of the blades violence.

With one swift clean sweep, Sorrow brought the vibroknuckler around and embedded the weapon into the exposed neck of the chimera, his sudo half brother. The force of the blow drove the blade deep severing the spinal cord and the power of the weapon carried it the rest of the way through, slicing through tendons and muscle effortlessly.

The beast fell to the ground as Sorrow pushed himself clear of the now lifeless grip.

Sorrow quickly regained his breath and stood to find Ricco and the Zarcos standing next to him. Their eyes made brief contact and Baron Zarco gave Sorrow the briefest of nods.

Quickly Sorrow turned and retrieved his DL-18 blaster that had been dropped in the battle and moved to take up position near the door. The others waited a moment then moved to follow suite, Baron Zarco moved to the control panel to open the door and they all turned and moved through in a charge into the next room.

No words were said about Sorrow’s personal battle. None were needed.

AlMeda Zarco

17-10-2006 21:17:07

Al'Meda zarco produced a datapad from her lab coat. She pulled a cable from the and inserted it in the datapd. The other end she connected to a code key cylinder, presumably taken from the Professor. The cylinder was then inserted in one of the wall monitors on the control panel.

Ricco and Sorrow crouched, covering Professor Manteel. Their Tetrarch stood and looked from side to side, scanning for his next target. Al'Meda Zarco keyed in a series of code commands and sent them to the control panel. The light on the panel flashed a steady red. Al'Meda then inserted the Professor's security card. The door shut, along with all other entries to the laboratory. In a brief moment a blast door shut over the regular door, hermetically sealing the laboratory.

Al'Meda removed the security card and the code cylinder from the panel. She stowed her datapad and cable and, without any need for verbal direction, the party followed Baron Zarco down the hall.

The Horsemen seemed to have the building all alone. Perhaps an evacuation signal had been sent owing to the laboratory fire.

The hall widened and then came to a dead end up against a large blast door. Al'Meda produced the Professor's security card again and te door groaned open but, for no apparent reason, a blast door fell five meters behind from where they had come, effectively sealing them into whatever they had opened.

The expanse of a hangar was open before them. Just as Baron Zarco was ready to speak, the sound of metal rolling on the floor was heard. Al'Meda also thoght she heard the tell-tale hiss of reptilian speech but her focus was drawn to Professor Pennywhistle's voice being projected by some artificial means.

"Release the Professor and the items in your possession."

Though his voice was clear, his location was not.

Sorrow Prototype

18-10-2006 00:55:52

Sorrow stepped forward and grabbed the Professor by the arm pulling him back towards the wall, behind the rest of the group. When he had judged that they were in the best defendable position behind the others he kicked the legs of the injured man, knocking him to his knees. With one hand he placed the DL-18 blaster firmly against the Professor’s temple, with the other he drew out his thermal detonator, resting his thumb on this activation switch.

The suspenseful silence that followed his actions was broken by the high pitched scraping of metal on metal and the hushed eerie reptilian call, both seemed to be coming closer and closer with every tense breath.

Ricco Vao

18-10-2006 05:57:09

"Calm Sorrow be mindfull of the situation we need to think before we act" Zarco said almost whispering. Ricco had been in situations like this before and they were in no position to barter at the moment. The reptilian voice came again "Let the professor go!" it demanded. Sorrow did not move. "And what do we gain if we do?" questioned Al'Meda "surely either way you are planning on killing us" her voice calm and steady, she was a powerfull speaker, one a senate would be proud of, but there followed silence.

Ricco did not hear any of that anyway he was in his own little world trying to remember what he had done in this situation before. There was a technique he remembered "every problem is solveable because it was thought up in the first place, dont try and figure it out let the brain remember what you are to do" He pondered on this a long time before turning to speak with the Zarco's...

AlMeda Zarco

18-10-2006 19:31:35

A droideka stopped and opened before the party, its weapons trained upon them. A Trandoshan stepped out flanked by Professor Pennywhistle. "Ssssso Zzzzzzarco," the reptile eyed the Tetrarch, "you did not really think the Iron Fang would allow you to esssssssscape after all the trouble you hafffffffff caused usssssss?"

The Horsemen said nothing. Sorrow prodded the blaster harder into the back of Professor Manteel's head. Al'Meda furtively retrieved a thermal detonator from the back of her belt.

The Trandoshan was old. His head was massive and his teeth stuck out from his flat mouth giving the impression of an aged alligator. His concussion rifle gave the false impression of being gingerly handled in his taloned hands.

"Sssssssssso Zzzzzzzarco what'ssssssss it going to be? Are you assssssss weak assssssss you were when you were a tenderling on our planet? Would you like to go another round with me. I promissssssssse I will not bite."

"You talk a lot of sh*t for a lizard with a speech impediment. Oh and only a total loser would remember a wrestling match he won with a child almost forty years ago."

Al'Meda knew Baron Zarco was stalling. When he talked with his enemies he was positioning himself. She cradled the thermal detonator in her palm and felt it lift and float towards Baron Zarco's back, carried along by her will.

"Hissssssssssssssss." The Trandoshan leveled his rifle against the Tetrarch.

For his part, Baron Zarco mentally manipulated the internal mechanism of the Trandosan's concussion rifle. Once he sensed the detonator at his back he acted.

Baron Zarco dropped to a low crouch, ignited his lightsaber and flung himself to one side. Al'Meda pushed the thermal detonator to rest underneath the droideka just as its shield glowed a flickering blue.

The Trandoshan dropped into anm attack posture all his own and pulled the trigger.

"Kaaaboooooooommm!!!" The force of the concussion rifle, normally devastating at a distance, remained pent-up inside the weapon. It exploded in the creature's hands, sending the broken pieces of the weapon into his body and shredding his attire.

The droideka began to fire. The fury of its autofire blasters pierced the air towards Sorrow and Ricco. Ricco's lightsaber ignited at the first sign of firing and he managed to deflect three bolts before....

"Skrakkkkkooooowwwwwww!!!" The thermal detonator consumed the droideka within its shield. The formidable droid vanished in a blinding falsh of light.

Baron Zarco ran past the fallen Trandoshan and slashed upwards in a diagonal slash that cut Professor Pennywhistle in twain. Zarco did not even break a step as he ran towards a Landa Class shuttle some fifty meters away.

Blaster fire began to erupt against the party from hostiles previously unseen.

Al'Meda loosed a smoke grenade in the space between the Horsemen and the shuttle. She turned towards Ricco and Sorrow to see they were as yet unhurt. She hooked under the arm of Professor Manteel as Sorrow drug him towards the shuttle. The two carried him by the upper arms with his feet dragging the hangar deck. Ricco scanned the hangar with his lightsaber ignited.

Sorrow Prototype

18-10-2006 21:06:50

Ricco turned to Al’Meda and Sorrow as he dodged through energy bolts hailing in from all sides. “Hurry to the shuttle or you’ll be riddled with holes in no time.” He said to them as his deftly reflected a couple more bolts back to where they came.

“We’ll be just fine Ricco.” Al’Meda and Sorrow hadn’t didn’t bother stepping up the pace, instead they moved forward calmly and steadily, holding the Professor up between them. Al’Meda glanced up to see Ricco’s bewildered face. “They want him back alive.”

“Notice the blaster fire? It’s at you guys not us. They don’t want to risk hitting the Professor. If we move to quickly we risk running into one of the blasts.” Sorrow said as he shifted his wait to carry the Professor more comfortably while firing off his own blaster.

Ricco dodged and reflected more blaster fire as he saw the truth of their words. He had been so occupied avoiding the blasts that he had not yet noticed that only he and the Baron were being fired on.

From up ahead the Landa Class shuttles engines powered up and the weapons fire, for the most part, turned to the shuttle.

“Now it’s time to go faster.” Ricco said to Al’Meda and Sorrow and they had to nod their heads in agreement as the weapons fire that wasn’t firing at the shuttle starting closing in around the three. They were becoming more desperate to stop the escape with the Professor, taking more risks.

The three of them, dragging the Professor broke into a dead run for the ramp entering into the shuttle as the shuttle lifted off the ground and hovered mere inches from the deck and started moving towards them like a giant scoop.

Even amongst all the chaos. Sorrow still had the time to be amazed at Baron Zarco’s piloting prowess.

AlMeda Zarco

19-10-2006 10:25:33

Al'Meda skipped onto the ramp first. Ricco stood between Sorrow, Al'Meda and the Professor, batting incoming bolts away with his lightsaber. Once on the ramp, Al'Meda reached as Sorow pushed the Professor up to her. She pulled, noticing again his missing forearm, the unconscious man up onto the ramp. Sorrow then lept onto the ramp and turned to provide covering fire for Ricco as Al'Meda dragged their captive further into the shuttle.

Ricco jumped onto the ramp and it closed behind him. The ping of small arms fire, ineffectual against the hull of the ship, continued as teh craft turned and accelerated down the lauch tube.

The tube was horizontal and then began to angle up. The shuttle rose and erupted from the tube into the atmosphere over Cho-Kirai. The city on the hill sparkled in the sun. All eyes on the streets turned once again as four X-wing fighters burst forth from the same aperture from which the Horsemen's shuttle had emerged.

The shuttle took a direct route for the upper atmosphere, as if leading the fastly approaching fighters. The party had made their way to the foe of the sghip where they found Baron Zarco coaxing the craft for all it was worth, even at the expense of energy normally devoted to shields and weaponry, except for aft shielding. Zarco looked at his chronometer and hit the emergency switch to deny the ship of all power.

"What..." was the simultaneous chorus from the Horsemen.

The ship was suddenly buffeted violently. The ship's clear windows dampened instantly to complete dark. The three Horsemen who were not seated were thrown to the floor. The ship was lifted higher on the shock wave from the massive explosion below. Those who had hit the floor were pinned there for a moment.

All looked at the rear surveillance equipment. The screen showed a bright and widening dot where Cho-Kirai had been. Al'Meda shuddered at the level of destruction. Surely, the entire city had been destroyed.

"At least the Marleesta can have their planet back, for now. If you want to make an omelette you have to break a few eggs. Nothing like a little mass destruction to start a new day!" Baron Zarco cackled away.

Zarco looked at his chronometer again and re-ignited the power systems on the shuttle. The warning klaxons showed the presence of all four X-wings, in proximity and gathering themselves to continue the pursuit.

Ricco Vao

19-10-2006 17:01:07

The X-wings came in at full speed, they were much more agile than their shuttle, but Sorrow was a good gunman as was Ricco and both Zarco’s could fly for the brotherhood. With some fancy maneuvers Zarco had been able to get Ricco and Sorrow, who manned the turrets, into a good firing position. Sorrow was the first to blaze at one of the X-wings; unknown to him the pilot was inexperienced, trying to fly out of the line of fire he flew straight into the path of Ricco’s turret and...

“KABOOOM”

…sparks went flying and Ricco was almost blinded by the flash. “These X-wings sure are a nice firework display” Sorrow said over the comm. system. They all laughed but the grin was wiped off as another X-wing came in, guns blazing, the situation was invigorating and the experience remarkable.

Ricco’s thoughts were suddenly interrupted by Al’Meda’s voice “Two more coming in watch your flank Ricco”.

Sorrow Prototype

19-10-2006 20:35:18

Ricco’s gun turret haled a rain of green energy bolts towards the two X-wings. One of the X-wings disappeared in another satisfying explosion. From where Ricco sat he could see the still intact cockpit go careening off into space. The pilot still alive pressed helplessly against the canopy, the pilot’s mouth open in a soundless scream.

The other X-wing crossed over to the other side of the shuttle and joined up with flying just behind the final fighter craft as they came in closer to the shuttle for the kill.

Sorrow saw the X-wings flying towards them in a standard wing man position but they were two close. He knew there was no way he could shoot them both in before one of them would destroy their shuttle. He adjusted his aim on the first fighter.

Sorrow’s turret opened fire on the first fighter and the energy bolts struck home almost instantly. The X-wing didn’t go up in a flash of light though like the ones Ricco had shot down. Instead the flight wings on one side flew off of the craft taking part of the one of the engines with it. The fighter craft, heavily powered on one side, rolled over as the unbalanced engines pushed it off course. The pilot of the second X-wing, flying too close to the first, had no time to react as the two craft collided in an amazing pyro-technique display that left no sizable debris in its wake.

Sorrow leaned back in his seat. A small sigh of relief escaping from his mouth. He could feel the ease of tension in the shuttle as the realisation that they had managed to escape the fighter craft in a Landa class shuttle entered everyone’s mind.

AlMeda Zarco

19-10-2006 23:09:53

All felt the shuttle jump to hyperspace.

Ricco and Sorrow came from their positions and saw Al'Meda and Baron Zarco sitting Professor Manteel up in a reclining chair. He was tied to chair when Al'Meda injected him with a substance that caused him to immediately bolt awake.

Baron Zarco looked at Sorrow and raised an eyebrow.

Ricco Vao

20-10-2006 09:49:56

Ricco felt Sorrow had alot of questions and things to say to the professor so he left them alone and sat down with some food, he had not eaten since they arrived in the city. He crossed his legs and began to meditate, relaxing himslef, not wanting to hear what Sorrow said, it would only bring emotions he didn't want to surface, he went into a daze as the Obelisk started talking...

Sorrow Prototype

22-10-2006 22:40:59

Sorrow’s face drained of all expression as he stood facing the Professor. For his part the Professor did his best to pull a calm face, he failed miserably.

“Where was I born?” The Protector seemed to have asked the question nicely, but the calm emptiness displayed the lie in the calm tone.

“I don’t know!” The Professor’s voice squeaked out. He tried to clear his throat then spoke again. “I don’t know.”

Sorrow’s training saber ignited in his hand as his eyes wondered towards the window. All the stars flew past in hyperspace, but near one of those stars was his answer. The tip of the training saber angled towards the Professor’s eye and drew desperately close. Sorrow eyes were still locked on the view out the window, his hand seemed to move of its own accord.

“I don’t know!” Screamed the Professor, the pain at his neck from the last encounter with the training saber still fresh in his memory. “But I know someone who might.”

“Who.” Was Sorrow’s only reply.

“His names Brac. He run a small bar in Mos Eisley called… um… The Doratos!” The Professor was ecstatic when he finally remembered the name of the bar. “Brac’s a supplier you see? He’ll get you anything you want. For a price. I recommended him to for a supplier to the cloner.”

Sorrow knew the bar and Brac. He had done some work for him once. A long time ago. Sorrow disengaged his training saber and put it back on his belt.

“One moment.” Chimed in Baron Zarco. “If you and this Kamino cloner worked so closely to produce your abominations. Why don’t you know?”

“We worked over long range communications. He had his secrets and I had mine. We never met personally.” The Professor looked over at Sorrow as he sat down and continued playing with his Liche-blade.

“Name.” Was all Sorrow said.

“Lanta Ne.” When Sorrow heard the name he looked the Professor in the eyes and a small puddle began to form on the chair between the Professor’s legs all colour drained away.

“That’s all I need. Thanks Baron.” Sorrow stood and walked out to join Ricco.

So his ‘fathers’ name was Lanta Ne. Well this would be one reunion his father would not live to regret. Brac, another name in a long list of names. This one though, would take him… home.

His eyes gazed back out into the star streaked blackness of space. He was one step closer on the path to his past.

Baron Zarco

23-10-2006 07:56:43

On the trip back to Nar Shadda, Baron Zarco interrogated Professor Manteel at length and on several occasions to confirm what Sorrow had learned and to mine further information. Record of the information he divulged was kept in the records of the Horsemen of the Apocalypse for reference. Spirits were high on all accounts as the party journeyed through hyperspace.

…………………………………………

The parties landed on Nar Shadda. Baron Zarco went alone to take Professor Manteel to their Hutteese benefactor.”

………………………………………….

Baron Zarco stood before the enormous, reclining figure with the securely bound captive Professor Manteel at his feet.

“No changa cho kirai go toonga Zarco.”

Baron zarco smiled widely and suppressed a laugh at the mention of the vaporization of the entire City of Cho-Kirai. “I figured you would be happy to get rid of the competition.”

“Hwa jingso latoona dobreetsu Jedi.”

“No you shan’t be troubled by those two Jedi from the Iron Fang.”

“Lo waaanga yoritsu Zarco?”

“You know I never question you motives. Why question mine?”

“Huh huh huh huh,” bellowed the Hutt.

“That’s why we get along so well.”

“Kotana gebara feri-bateeri.”

“Oh he’s quite functional. You can give him a replacement hand and lower forearm. I sure he will have a grand old time growing one and harvesting it from some poor clone to graft to his own arm.”

“Jo jo chunga Zarco.” The beast pushed a satchel full of precious metals and gems towards the Dark Jedi Knight.

“Kanatooney wnaka Zarco.”

“What did I just tell you? You and I had a business arrangement. My subcontractors and I liberated the Professor for you. I have retained the item we spoke of, as well as other items, as originally agreed. What I do with that, or any other item, is completely within my domain. Should I ask why you want this man and the horrible knowledge he bears?”

The bloated worm laughed again.

“By the way, whatever money you paid those bounty hunters to try and steal the Professor out from under us, why don’t you just save that money, or even just give it to me next time?”

The Hutt opened his arms and began to speak but Zarco interrupted.

“Just as Jedi mind tricks do not work on you nor does Hutt treachery work on me. If I did not get such satisfaction at exterminating the vermin you hire every time as insurance or a double-cross or whatever, I would not be in such a good mood.”

“Keecha tongu Zarco.”

Baron Zarco replied, “yeah, me too.”

Zarco took the satchel of payment and started back towards the ship knowing he would undoubtedly have to kill three or four thugs on the way, thugs sent by the Hutt to recoup his expenses. Zarco smiled and there was a spring to his step. It had been a good mission. He would be glad to share the “spoils of war” with the Horsemen, his family.