Ragnos Cathedral Design

Derev

21-07-2008 21:39:18

Alright kiddies..

First, let me explain a bit..

Ragnos Cathedral is a separate entity from Alabrek Castle. Alabrek Castle is built around the Cathedral. We'll get to Alabrek Castle down the road.

I've drawn a basic design of Ragnos Cathedral, to scale. The designs aren't pretty, they're more like blueprints. Hopefully I'll get a graphical genius to make better looking stuff once we have final designs. Before I advance to individual floor plans, I wanted to give everyone a chance to give their input of what should be inside the cathedral.

Things to keep in mind, this is the Capital Building of Tarthos. The government is here. It's also the home of the Disciples of Ragnos. There will be quarters available for house members in the cathedral, but it's not your primary residence.

http://dbmember.com/derev/ragnos_cathedral.jpg <-- theres the first image, so take a look. note the building is square and would look the same from all four sides.

There is no main hangar in the cathedral, there is a private hangar in Alabrek Castle for our use. Heres a floor by floor breakdown of how I envision this..bare in mind were looking at 1.8 million square feet, this is HUGE.

Level 19 and 20

Governor's (Quaestor) Quarters
Governor's Office
Reception Area / Meeting Area
Private Hangar (secured for QUAs use as well as visiting VIPs..capacity of just 3-4 fighter sized craft)

Level 16, 17, 18

Private Quarters and Office of the Aedile and House Overlord
Meeting & Reception Areas

Levels 12-15

VIP Quarters (House Members)
Meeting Rooms
Entertainment Areas
Bars, Restaurants, Etc

Level 11

Ragnos Library

Level 10

Temple of Ragnos (Disciples of Ragnos)
Conference/Briefing/Gathering Area

Level 9

?????

-----Level 9 and Above are highly restricted access-----

Level 5-8

Barrack Housing (DSOG Detatchment)
Basic Quarters
Luxury Quarters
Entertainment, Bars, Restaurants

Level 2-4

Office Space / Planetary Functions / House Members

Level 1

Meditation Garndens, Reception Area, Official Government Officers, Conferences Rooms, House Museum, Ect

Sublevel 1

Training Areas, Gym, Recc. Area

----Sublevels B2-B4 Are highly restricted access----

Sublevel 2

Sublevel Access Control
Barrack
D-SOG Troops

Sublevel 3
Barrack

Sublevel 4
Power Center
Emergency Operations Center
Emergency Barrack
Tunnel System Access Control

So..comment, suggest, ect!

Invictus

21-07-2008 22:01:51

Well, my big suggestion involves the Library. The Dark Library, by my understanding, is huge. It contains an incredible amount of data both about the Force and all other subjects. Even with as large as each floor would be, it ought to be more than one level. Since you don't know what would be on level 9, I'd suggest moving 10 down, and making 10 and 11 both the library. Especially since the Library would also contain at least a few conference rooms, private terminals (ie: offices which require enclosed spaces) a place for the droid curators to recharge, etc. Two levels just makes more sense.

Alright kiddies..

First, let me explain a bit..

Ragnos Cathedral is a separate entity from Alabrek Castle.  Alabrek Castle is built around the Cathedral.  We'll get to Alabrek Castle down the road.

I've drawn a basic design of Ragnos Cathedral, to scale.  The designs aren't pretty, they're more like blueprints. Hopefully I'll get a graphical genius to make better looking stuff once we have final designs. Before I advance to individual floor plans, I wanted to give everyone a chance to give their input of what should be inside the cathedral.

Things to keep in mind, this is the Capital Building of Tarthos.  The government is here.  It's also the home of the Disciples of Ragnos.  There will be quarters available for house members in the cathedral, but it's not your primary residence.

http://dbmember.com/derev/ragnos_cathedral.jpg <-- theres the first image, so take a look.  note the building is square and would look the same from all four sides.

There is no main hangar in the cathedral, there is a private hangar in Alabrek Castle for our use.  Heres a floor by floor breakdown of how I envision this..bare in mind were looking at 1.8 million square feet, this is HUGE.

Level 19 and 20

Governor's (Quaestor) Quarters
Governor's Office
Reception Area / Meeting Area
Private Hangar (secured for QUAs use as well as visiting VIPs..capacity of just 3-4 fighter sized craft)

Level 16, 17, 18

Private Quarters and Office of the Aedile and House Overlord
Meeting & Reception Areas

Levels 12-15

VIP Quarters (House Members)
Meeting Rooms
Entertainment Areas
Bars, Restaurants, Etc

Level 11

Ragnos Library

Level 10

Temple of Ragnos (Disciples of Ragnos)
Conference/Briefing/Gathering Area

Level 9

?????

-----Level 9 and Above are highly restricted access-----

Level 5-8

Barrack Housing (DSOG Detatchment)
Basic Quarters
Luxury Quarters
Entertainment, Bars, Restaurants

Level 2-4

Office Space / Planetary Functions / House Members

Level 1

Meditation Garndens, Reception Area, Official Government Officers, Conferences Rooms, House Museum, Ect

Sublevel 1

Training Areas, Gym, Recc. Area

----Sublevels B2-B4 Are highly restricted access----

Sublevel 2

Sublevel Access Control
Barrack
D-SOG Troops

Sublevel 3
Barrack

Sublevel 4
Power Center
Emergency Operations Center
Emergency Barrack
Tunnel System Access Control

So..comment, suggest, ect!

Derev

21-07-2008 22:08:49

Well, my big suggestion involves the Library. The Dark Library, by my understanding, is huge. It contains an incredible amount of data both about the Force and all other subjects. Even with as large as each floor would be, it ought to be more than one level. Since you don't know what would be on level 9, I'd suggest moving 10 down, and making 10 and 11 both the library. Especially since the Library would also contain at least a few conference rooms, private terminals (ie: offices which require enclosed spaces) a place for the droid curators to recharge, etc. Two levels just makes more sense.

Level 11 is a double level, parts of the floor would be a split level, the main center part just a vaulted ceiling.

Ashura

22-07-2008 03:34:35

I was under the impression that the Alabrek Castle and the Ragnos Cathedral were in the same as it was originally built by Sith Lord Urias Orian. We just restored it, repaired it and exanded it a bit. It would be more old looking the deeper you go into it but from the outside it looks like a shining modern building. HMR merely renamed the Alabrek Castle to the Ragnos Cathedral when they settled on Tarthos... that is how it reads on the wikipage. I think its like the new Alabrek Castle was built around the old Alabrek Castle... meh, where is Malisane when you need him, heheh.

The layout looks ace and I like structure of the levels looks good.

Derev

22-07-2008 13:45:24

I was under the impression that the Alabrek Castle and the Ragnos Cathedral were in the same as it was originally built by Sith Lord Urias Orian. We just restored it, repaired it and exanded it a bit. It would be more old looking the deeper you go into it but from the outside it looks like a shining modern building. HMR merely renamed the Alabrek Castle to the Ragnos Cathedral when they settled on Tarthos... that is how it reads on the wikipage. I think its like the new Alabrek Castle was built around the old Alabrek Castle... meh, where is Malisane when you need him, heheh.

The layout looks ace and I like structure of the levels looks good.

It can go either way, as far as the new/old. But, at the same time, going off the current wiki page, the cathedral should encompass over a billion square feet, it's not just realistic at all. This building is still gigantic. I'm also willing to make some liberal concessions from the current design in the interests of realism.