Best Star Wars Book

Tsingtao

19-12-2007 20:39:57

So how many of the Star Wars books have you read? Which do you think is the best? Who is the best author?

I'll admit I have not read all the books. I haven't read the Legacy series nor the New Jedi Order, but of the ones I have read, I like Heir to the Empire.

Abominor

06-01-2008 06:53:31

I also dont have any experience with New Jedi order, but I ve read all Zahn's works and I think he is the ultimate SW writer.

For me Outbound Flight is the best book, but I like Dark Force rising also.

Worst book I read was Crystal Star

Callus

06-01-2008 13:46:33

The Thrawn Trilogy and Duology by Zahn are the best SW books.

Also the Rogue Squadron books by Micheal Stackpole and Aaron Alston are good.

Halcyon

06-01-2008 16:02:03

I've read all of the novels that happen after the movies. I've missed a few of the prequel novels. My favorite books are the Rogue Squadron/Wraith Squadron series; I, Jedi and the original Zahn trilogy.

My favorite writer is Michael A. Stackpole. Also a big fan of Aaron Allston. You'll usually get a solid book from either of them. I've found some of Zahn's stuff to be a little hit and miss.

Worst book, by far, is Crystal Star. That was...bad. And while most of the Star Wars books aren't exactly the highest caliber of writing, this book went above and beyond anything else :P

Callus

06-01-2008 22:43:14

Darksaber was good, I'm about to start the NJO books so I'll let you know how that goes :P

Books about Thrawn are the best, he's awesome.

Letum

07-01-2008 06:00:25

I have read all the SW books leading up to the movies and a couple of random ones here and there as they become available at the PX. I prefer books on Darth Bane exspecialy Darth Bane: Rule of Two. Cloak of deception was probably the worst star wars book that i have read but since i havent read Crystal Star i think i will have to read that next since everybody seems to love it so much.

Krandon

07-03-2008 09:37:01

I would have to say the newest ones, the Legacy of the Force were my favorite