America's Army

karimicus

28-02-2005 16:52:07

Just wondering if anyone else played this, as i recently downloaded the whole game and been finding it ammusing to shoot people with :P

Locust

28-02-2005 17:10:46

That game ties you down too much with the specifics of armed combat.
In AA you're trying to survive and complete your mission objectives.

In most FPS, you're trying to take out as many of the other guys as you can before you go down.
Those are entirely different mentalities and most people play games to get away from reality, not be thrust knee deep into it.

~Loc

khan

01-03-2005 04:14:08

Karim, I've been playing AAO not far from his release and I'm still playing heh

karimicus

01-03-2005 09:43:07

Yeah I've only played a few mp games, but i find the realness of the game still encouraging for you are forced to work as a team, just downloaded the lastest patch, and have been messing about with the sniper rifle, saw and grenade launchers, still trying to get into the ranger corps :P

khan

01-03-2005 19:25:37

heh the real fun of this game start in tournaments if you are in a clan , with TS and all. Then you'll see the game reach his best. I'm in an italian clan and we took part in some tournaments last year it was a real blast.

karimicus

02-03-2005 08:31:39

yeah, I've just got me and a few friends who play it atm, don't know wither to join a clan or what, though i am thinking on setting up a few game servers soon (jedi knight, AA, freespace etc etc etc).