The Sith: Dying or Living?

Qiw Nuron

09-12-2005 15:55:32

In my opinion, we the Sith are not gaining nearly as many members as krath and obelisk. I believe this is due to the games we use, mostly xvt games, which are quite out of date, and generally not that fun.

This could easily be solved by branching out more into first person shooters and writing(not so much as shooters).

Well that my opinion...whats yours?

Halcyon

09-12-2005 16:22:02

*sigh*

Orders are not restricted by platforms. This was abolished a year or two ago. As such, Orders are now a personal preference/RP decision. All Orders can do the exact same competitions as any other.

Qiw Nuron

09-12-2005 20:59:47

I know this...but do NEW MEMBERS know this. When i joined originally i did not have any of the games mentioned in the description of the order. I joined because i wanted to be SITH, nomatter what i had to play. I now personally do mostly fiction comps, because im not really into gaming. New members need to know that they do not have to do anything specific to be in that order...

Halcyon

09-12-2005 21:01:26

New members do. Descriptions no longer contain the game platforms

Anonymous

03-01-2006 01:13:39

The Sith will NEVER die as long as there is one left with a dark heart.

Varkain Athanas

07-12-2006 08:53:59

Never! The Sith will never die. If Sith like us stay here than there will be no chance of the Sith dying!

Ylith Pandemonium

07-12-2006 09:34:27

talk about a ressurrection

anyway...who wants to be a Sith? They had about 6 shots in taking over the galaxy and FAILED...

:P

Varkain Athanas

07-12-2006 10:34:08

Ooooo...hittin' below the belt! :P

I do agree with that. But Sith are very powerful. :-P

StarLion

07-12-2006 11:45:12

*ventures over the fence for a moment*
The Sith as they existed in the DB two years ago are dead.

For that matter, all of the order classifications are practically meaningless now other than as an adjective/mindset in roleplaying.

New members who read the "Join the Dark Side" page, dont actually get a correct picture of the Krath, for example. Yes, there's the ability to change orders in the database, but more than likely noone would bother with that, just have their Krath act like a Sith (or vice versa).

Varkain Athanas

07-12-2006 14:50:52

Hmm....good point. I still think the Sith aren't dying out, I just think maybe they're not as popular. When I joined I chose Sith for it's description it gave of the Sith. I think other members do that too.

Makurth Mandalore

08-12-2006 21:23:23

I know I did. Originally I was a Krath, but I don't remember why I became a Sith. But new members do choose their Order by the descriptions. It's really the only way you get somewhat a picture of what things will be based on which Order you choose.

StarLion

09-12-2006 10:22:33

But new members do choose their Order by the descriptions. It's really the only way you get somewhat a picture of what things will be based on which Order you choose.

Compare:
The Krath are manipulative and subtle, preferring to subjugate form the shadows.

With:
Scholarly and insular, the Krath are the most mistrusted of the three Orders.

Now... i dont know about you, but 'manipulative and subtle, subjugating from the shadows' (*notes that 'from' is mispelt... go DJB.) does not translate in my head to 'Scholarly and insular'....

Aegeus

15-03-2007 11:42:26

I would say that the Sith are dying out, if we don't stop people and it is because we have failed to take over the galaxy several times.

Sathil

15-03-2007 13:30:01

Speaking about Sith.. Until I joined the Dark Brotherhood, I considered the term "Sith" as another term for the "Dark Jedi". I think that is how the Dark Side Users were usually referred to in the movies, games etc. So in fact, we all are Sith, aren't we?

Shinichi Endymiron K

16-03-2007 10:43:11

Honestly I think we've long passed the need for individual orders. They don't even do much for RP.

Macron Sadow

16-03-2007 13:53:25

It's more of a SW history thing for me, really.

Varkain Athanas

16-03-2007 18:24:38

Although, Shin'ichi, those who are Sith, Krath, or Obelisk will have differant personalities. So I think that statement you made is not entirely true.

Shinichi Endymiron K

17-03-2007 00:00:23

it's just further division.

StarLion

17-03-2007 09:34:25

So you're with the camp that feels we should completely abandon the orders and just call ourselves Dark Jedi?

Kaelin Ring

18-03-2007 01:40:46

I say it just gives us more info to rp with. I mean then you can say 'the krath' instead of the person's name over and over. It just gives us more opportunities.

Aegeus

09-05-2007 00:01:01

Branching out would be the best solution for the games. I know I own several different multiplayer online games that are much more advanced than the old games..... Mainly 1st person shooters like Half Life and Half Life 2 along with several other mods. I think we should also offer a course on X-fire.

Kaine Mandaala

09-05-2007 08:53:49

My opinion?

Kill Obelisk. It's not even a real Star Wars Dark Jedi division. It was invented about 12 years ago for the Emperor's Hammer. If we really wanted to distance ourselves further from them - Keep Sith and Krath but remove Obelisk.

For those who need that to mean something other than a title, Sith are gamers, Krath are writers. Krath can game and Sith can write, but I think making them fall into those "standards" helps people, especially new people. It gives them a general starting point for activity without having to ask questions.