Crocodile Hunter= Dead

Scorpius

04-09-2006 08:52:48

After year of getting way too close to all sorts of deadly creatures, it was a stingray that did Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin in. "Crikey!"
Eh, sad, yes... But, really, he had it coming to him eventually, in my opinion, didn't he? I thought it would be a snake or croc or something that did it though. Stingray is a bit of a surprise.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060904/ap_on_en_tv/obit_irwin

Ylith Pandemonium

04-09-2006 09:29:36

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

:'(

STEVE! NOOO!!!!

this is a blow into the hearts of all people of the world

R.I.P Steve!

Hel-Pa Sklib

04-09-2006 11:02:12

The moment I saw him alive, I knew he'd be dead soon. :P

Aabsdu

04-09-2006 11:54:28

It is a very sad event

Rannik

04-09-2006 12:55:07

God, I cant believe it! I liked him better than that Corwin gujy or whoever he is. I had the chance to meet Steve one year, I was supposed to go down to Australia last Summer, but we didnt have no fifteen grand to dish out... But, it is very sad to hear about Mr. Irwin.... :( :/ :o :S :'(

Aghasett

04-09-2006 19:49:43

He lived by the sword and died by it. Not sad for him, but for his family, very sad indeed. Hope the dude socked away a good portion of that tv $. And one would presume he had a weighty life insurance policy. But even so, his kids are growing up w/o a dad. I admire the crazy life he lead, but at the same time, measured against his family, it was a rather selfish life imho.

Troutrooper

05-09-2006 00:47:33

He lived by the sword and died by it. Not sad for him, but for his family, very sad indeed. Hope the dude socked away a good portion of that tv $. And one would presume he had a weighty life insurance policy. But even so, his kids are growing up w/o a dad. I admire the crazy life he lead, but at the same time, measured against his family, it was a rather selfish life imho.

I dont think it was selfish. His wife was his coworker for several years before they got married. She knew and understood what risks he took. In fact, I bet his wife would rather (him alive, obviously) him die doing what he loved than in, say, a car accident. And it's not as if Steve's next of kin will end up in the poor house.

Sildrin

05-09-2006 09:07:50

Somehow this doesn't surprise me. Still a pity since he left behind a woman and 2 kids.

Still very sad.
Sil

Aghasett

05-09-2006 12:52:45

I dont think it was selfish. His wife was his coworker for several years before they got married. She knew and understood what risks he took. In fact, I bet his wife would rather (him alive, obviously) him die doing what he loved than in, say, a car accident. And it's not as if Steve's next of kin will end up in the poor house.

Sure, I agree that his wife knew the risks and she accepted them, and that's understandable. But when you bring children into the world, different story.

Anyway, I was a big fan of the Croc Hunter. I'll miss him.

Cethgus

12-10-2006 10:32:54

Yea i know it was on the news it is a shame he died