Guild Wars

Kaine Mandaala

11-05-2006 09:32:06

I know a lot of you play Guild Wars, so how about getting together? I'm already in a guild, but it's just me and three friends. I have both Prophecies & Factions, but the other guys only have Prophecies. One character has access to both places, one is still in early Prophecies, the other is still in Shing Jea.

My main character is:
Gorfax Silverdale E/Mo Level 20
I'm working on the Titan quests with this character currently.

Stephan Firehart W/R Level 13
Last I checked I was in Borlis Pass.

Keiko Hotaru Me/N Level 10
Still in the Shing Jea - I'm working on the profession badge? The training for your primary.

Some days I'm on for 4-5 hours, some days I'm only on for an hour or so. Then other times I'm not around at all for a week straight. Saturday nights are usually a good time to find me. I'm up for pretty much anything. I'll help low level characters get through missions, or go farming.

Tarax Kor

11-05-2006 12:20:28

I haven't been on for weeks. But I'm trying to get back into the game. Heh.

I just have Prophecies, and only one of my guys is past Ascalon (other two are both post-Searing, but they're still in Ascalon)

The names of the characters are: Tarax Kor, Eosphoros Kor, Stygian Ippotis

Xayun Erinos

11-05-2006 14:14:51

I have it, my main character is:

Zhuge Marc, R/Me20

I don't really use the Mesmer side of it, that was a bad choice of second profession.

I had access to Factions for a little while (had the pre-order edition), but now that's gone, so I'm stuck with plain old Prophecies. I'm doing the Cantha missions just now, which are a hell of a lot of fun.

I'm in a guild, but most of the members apart from the officers are no longer active, so I wouldn't mind leaving.

Andan Taldrya Marshall

11-05-2006 15:59:46

This is probably a stupid question, but is there a monthly fee for the game?

Kaine Mandaala

11-05-2006 16:15:05

I have it, my main character is:

Zhuge Marc, R/Me20

I don't really use the Mesmer side of it, that was a bad choice of second profession.
I had access to Factions for a little while (had the pre-order edition), but now that's gone, so I'm stuck with plain old Prophecies. I'm doing the Cantha missions just now, which are a hell of a lot of fun.

I'm in a guild, but most of the members apart from the officers are no longer active, so I wouldn't mind leaving.

At a later point in Prophecies you can change your secondary.
You have to make it to the Crystal Desert.

The preview of Factions was cool, and I have yet to get to the places in the full game you had access to during that time.

This is probably a stupid question, but is there a monthly fee for the game?

No monthly fee, but it's not as in-depth as the MMORPGs that charge monthly.

Rage

11-05-2006 23:43:20

second stupid question:
What are the specs for the game and how much does it cost

Kaine Mandaala

12-05-2006 10:11:08

What are the system requirements for Guild Wars?

Minimum System Specs:

Windows XP/2000/ME/98
Intel Pentium III 800 Mhz or equivalent
256 MB RAM
CD-ROM Drive
2 GB Available HDD Space
ATI Radeon 8500 or GeForce 3 or 4 MX Series Video Card with 32MB of VRAM
16-bit Sound Card
Internet connection
Keyboard and mouse

Recommended System Specs:
Windows XP/2000/ME/98
Intel Pentium III 1GHz or equivalent
512 MB RAM
CD-ROM Drive
2 GB Available HDD Space
ATI Radeon 9000 or GeForce 4 Ti Series Video Card with 64MB of VRAM
16-bit Sound Card
Internet connection
Keyboard and mouse

I think it's still $50 for either part, but you don't need one to play the other. They work together but are two seperate games.

Rage

12-05-2006 16:59:20

ahh k ill look into it then

Kaine Mandaala

16-05-2006 16:56:46

Ran into Tarax last night. Well - one of Tarax's characters anyhow.

I'm not sure if I want to start a DJB guild or just keep a loose association of friends and acquaintances. I know some people have already said they are dead set against joining up with other DJB members, but for those of you who don't care, don't have a guild, or are looking to join a new one, I'll look into either letting people join the one I'm in (there's only 4 people in it now) or I'll start a new one.

The Guild I'm in is my brother-in-law's guild, comprised of myself and 2 of his friends. He started it so we'd have our own group. It really is just me and my three friends - those three were friends since middle school, so it's really them and me. We've played through a lot of online RPG's (Icewind Dale, IWD2, NWN) and a lot of other online games (BF1942/RTR/SW, BFV, BF2/SF, Tribes 2, UT, UT2K3, RTCW:ET) together, so we're pretty decent at balancing out the team.

Anyhow I'll see if he can grant me the access to add people, and if you're interested I'll add you in, otherwise I'll have you on my buddy list.

Kaine Mandaala

22-05-2006 13:25:32

I now have the ability to invite people to our Guild. If you're interesed, drop me a note in-game, or if you can't seem to catch me in-game, throw me a note here or thru e-mail.

Make sure you include your GW name (any of them will work I think). My main character is:

Gorfax Silverdale

We don't do any guild battles or anything fancy yet. We'll just help you along if you need it.

We just added 2 more people to our group this past weekend for Factions. I'm still the only one out of the original 4 that HAS Factions, though one of the others said he's looking to get it next week.

Shaithis

28-05-2006 01:26:43

I haven't played this game in forever, but lately I've been thinking about giving it another go.

Shaithis

29-05-2006 02:28:10

K, so I got everything up to date. I've got a lvl 3 W/Me Erebus Stormcloud, like I said, been a while since I played.

Kaine Mandaala

29-05-2006 18:58:56

I've added people to my in-game buddy list. Let me know if you want help or just someone to run around with.

Shaithis

31-05-2006 13:00:48

K, so whats best for a warrior. Hammer, Axe, or sword. I've been pumping points into axe and strength. Illusion and Inspiration for my mesmer side. Any suggestions would be good.

Tarax Kor

31-05-2006 13:29:43

For warrior, it depends. Hammers deal out the most damage, but have the slowest attack speed. Swords and axes have the same attack speed, but the axe's damage range is bigger (6-28 as opposed to sword's 15-22).

I'm an Axe/Sword person myself, because it also lets me carry a shield. A Hammer is two-handed, so you leave yourself open for more attacks.

Conjure Phantasm, Empathy, Ether Feast, and Backfire are great mesmer skills. I think the majority off them fall into the Illusion and Inspiration categories, but one of them is Domination.

If you need any more information, go to the Guild Wars Wiki, it has tonnes of information.

Shaithis

31-05-2006 22:07:23

Yeah, I've been running around with an axe and shield myself. Conjure Phantasm, Ether Feast, and Backfire I use constantly, so I agree that they are quite usefull. Backfire I believe is under Domination. They other two are Illusion and Inspiration respectively. I'll have to take a look at the link you posted Tarax, gather some info on my chosen professions.

Arcadian

01-07-2006 22:56:46

I play and enjoy Guild Wars often enough :P
My character's name is Furion Wooding lvl 20Rng/War
and a have a lvl 13 Assassin/Mesmer, and me to friends list and mabey i can join your guild :D