Next gen consoles.

Mortimus

02-09-2005 17:03:01

People are discussing but no-one is actually asking; which console do you want the most?
After you vote, please stay and state your reasons.

Mortimus

02-09-2005 17:06:53

Personally, I feel the xbox offers far more, its more powerful than most PC's, the games that are comin out are brilliant,and Microsoft have really emphasised the 'multimedia centre of your home'. MP3's, Xbox live out of the box, Bliss man, [Expletive Deleted F-word]ing bliss.

Ethen

02-09-2005 18:24:14

I am going with the X360 as well.

Anonymous

03-09-2005 02:41:53

Hm...I don't see how the 360 offers more. The PS3 is more powerful, has more USB ports, uses Blu Ray, full backwards compatibility with the PS1 and PS2, Blue Tooth Wireless Technology, 7 controller ports (wireless), Duel Screen functionality (can play 1 game using 2 HDTV's, similar to the Nintendo DS), wireless PS3 play over your PSP if you're lucky enough to have one (can play on your PS3 through your PSP), and it already has more developers and publishers pledging support for it than the 360.

The PS3 totally offers more in terms of potential. Now, whether or not gaming developers will exploit that, is waiting to be seen. It mostly depends on the games, anyways. But in terms of what offers more potentially, the PS3 blows the 360 out of the water and can't even be debated =P

Nekura Manji

03-09-2005 07:33:44

Wow... for once, I agree with Cannabisia :P Feels unnatural. ^_^

But anyway, he's exactly right- I don't give a [Expletive Deleted] about how supposedly multi-media like the Xbox 360 is going to be. That's what this computer I'm sitting at is for. And if you want the amazing step forward of taking whatever crap is on your Xbox round to your mates house, just stick it on a CD. Or better yet, buy the album in the first place. And the backwards compatibility is excellent- means that you can play all the great PS1/PS2 games that exist (the one I'm playing at the moment, Vagrant Story, for instance) and not be stuck with "Ooh, Halo 3! Halo 4! Halo 5!"

Mortimus

03-09-2005 08:19:12

Errrrrr....You don't know that the xbox 360 is going to be backwards compatible as well, do you?
If your going to post in a debate get the [Expletive Deleted F-word]ing facts right. Also, who in [Expletive Deleted F-word] can afford 2 HDTV's, (one of them only shows different camera angles and is only compatible with certain games). The xbox 360 controller system is cool as well. Charge and play? Genius. As I said before, the xbox 360 will be the main multimedia centre in a home living room. You mentioned your computer being your multimedia centre? Does it connect to 7.1 dolby surround? Does it have a remote control? And as well as that there will be a version of msn working on them, which enables simple voice, IM, and video conversations.

Put that up your arse and swivel on it! X-)

Nekura Manji

03-09-2005 10:32:40

Nah, I prefer girls. I'll leave the arse-sex to you. ^_^

Really, this attitude from Xbox owners (most of whom seem to be extremely new here... draw your own conclusions) is most vexing. Why can't you accept that your console (and it's successors) is not going to be the stunning world-beating super-hyper-mega machine that you think it is? All it's going to do is further Bill Gates' bid for world domination.

When you're lying in a pod with tubes up your ass and an endless loop of Bill Gates cackling maniacally being played right before your eyes as his robot minions lay waste to the earth, don't say I didn't warn you.

EDIT: And by the way, less of the swearing. All you're doing is making yourself appear angry. Plus, why would I bother to read up what you wield so childishly as "facts" about a console which I have no wish to buy or play and will never purchase? What useful purpose would that serve? Beyond helping me to shoot down your Xbox 360 fanaticism, borne of a devotion to a man whose mission seems to be to make every new version of his "ground-breaking" operating system more glitchy, buggy, pretty and broken, of course. I'm dreading the shift from XP to Longhorn.

Anonymous

03-09-2005 10:54:58

"Errrrrr....You don't know that the xbox 360 is going to be backwards compatible as well, do you?
If your going to post in a debate get the [Expletive Deleted F-word]ing facts right. Also, who in [Expletive Deleted F-word] can afford 2 HDTV's, (one of them only shows different camera angles and is only compatible with certain games). The xbox 360 controller system is cool as well. Charge and play? Genius. As I said before, the xbox 360 will be the main multimedia centre in a home living room. You mentioned your computer being your multimedia centre? Does it connect to 7.1 dolby surround? Does it have a remote control? And as well as that there will be a version of msn working on them, which enables simple voice, IM, and video conversations.

Put that up your arse and swivel on it! pinch.gif"

Okay, let me state some facts for you, Mortimus the Fanboy...

From a technical standpoint, the Xbox360 is NOT backwards compatible with the Xbox. There is no backwards compatibility build in to the system at all.

What they *do* offer, however, is Emulation. In order to achieve this emulation, you need to have the Xbox360 HDD though, which means you have to buy the $400 package. With the $300 package you CANNOT play your old Xbox games. You need the harddrive to do it. Microsoft are assisting various developers in the emulation of old Xbox360 games. And not every game will have an emulator right out of the box, either. Hit titles like Halo and Halo 2 will of course be available (the emulators for them), but (and MS have confirmed this), various other titles will not. They say they'll be adding additional emulation support over the period of the Xbox360's existence.

So, no, the Xbox360 is not backwards compatible. You just run the old xbox games off emulators. You know, like I do on my PC? =P

As for PC's...a PC can support Dolby 7.1 Surround Sound. You can also use remote controls with your PC. But why would I need a remote for my PC anyways? I'm not going to sit far away from my PC monitor (Like I would a TV).

As for the "Who the [Expletive Deleted F-word] has 2 HDTV's argument", well, a lot of people. Not the common gamer, though, you are right. But what about 2-4 years from now? HDTV's go down in price every year. They're becoming very affordable. Excuse the [Expletive Deleted F-word] out of Sony for offering long-term support with the PS3.

Halcyon

03-09-2005 11:32:15

Eh...although I doubt it'll "out-perform" the PS3 in power, we can't really have this sort of poll since noone really knows wtf the Revolution will be :P

Karan Callidus Entar

03-09-2005 13:08:17

Xbox 360 for me. Reason being I know nothing about all the technical crap thats being thrown at me, but I don't like PS2 controllers, and I prefer the games. Plus bring on Fable 2 and Halo 3, yayness!

Diablos

03-09-2005 16:16:26

Diablos agrees with Nekura Manji.

Mortimus

04-09-2005 09:53:55

Listen, i'm not a fanboy. Let's get that straight (unlike Nekura), i like the Ps2, i have one! And i'd play on it if i hadn't broke it! I'm just sayin i prefer xbox to playstation and i think it would help to be on bill's side when he eventually takes over the world.

Diablos

04-09-2005 09:55:20

Diablos will take down Bill gates and fanboy with his colossal blade, the Masamune, bring it on fanboy!

Mortimus

04-09-2005 13:41:07

Tottaly...pointless....third....person....bull[Expletive Deleted].

Diablos

04-09-2005 13:47:55

Its as equally pointless as you being in the DB mr active :lol:

Mortimus

04-09-2005 13:59:26

i just hate writng comps okay!?
I wanna play the games online but i can't afford or find where to download them.

Diablos

04-09-2005 14:00:28

I have no time for your excuses my strange and deluded cousin.

Mortimus

04-09-2005 14:02:06

You reply incrediby quickly. what was that, like 1 minute!?

Diablos

04-09-2005 14:02:58

I'm never off this forum, you know how sad I am.

Mortimus

04-09-2005 14:07:37

That one was in the same minute!!!!

And yeah, me too. (hangs his head)

Anyway back to reality and next gen consoles. Well, games aren't reality....and....but there based on.....oh [Expletive Deleted] it.

Diablos

04-09-2005 14:10:29

Joe, to idiots like me, games are the only reality we have.

Mortimus

04-09-2005 14:13:54

we really have to stop now jamie.

Anonymous

04-09-2005 17:10:25

Yes, stop trying to spam and change the topic. I'd like to see your retort to my statement. :P

Diablos

04-09-2005 17:23:54

I regret to inform everyone that i don't have a retort to give. :(

Ark Dowell

04-09-2005 18:05:33

Ark will be getting both consoles. Mr. Dowell likes X360 for Fable, Morrowind, and Halo. However, Ark also wants to get PS3 for Phantasy Star Universe. He love the Phantasy Star series. ^_^

Diablos

04-09-2005 18:06:47

I dunno which 1 i'll be getting yet, but i doubt i'll get both straight away.

Mortimus

04-09-2005 19:01:57

well, i could get te 360 this xmas, and try and get the ps3 4 my B-day! Yay!

don't tell me not to spam in the topic I created.

Ark Dowell

04-09-2005 21:46:07

Same here! One I'll get myself and the other for Christmas.

Karan Callidus Entar

05-09-2005 18:55:13

You ever play morrowind on PC Ark? So much better.

Ark Dowell

05-09-2005 19:06:45

Nope, only Morrowing for XBOX. My PC won't play games. It hates me. :(

Impetus

06-09-2005 11:34:45

Xbox 360 for me
Imo all the console's graphics will be so good it wont matter if the Ps3 is a bit more powerful as hardly anyone will notice.
I have Ps2, Xbox and a cube and i prefer Xbox
Imo the games look better on Xbox2, as there are games like KoToR, Halo, Perfect Dark Zero, and another great game that i cnt remember.
But it's pointless arguing about consoles that arent out yet

Mortimus

08-09-2005 16:12:25

At the risk of repeating myself over and over, I'll just ask if anybody knows much about the new nintendo console, it's meant to be completely different to the other 2.

Mortimus out.

Mortis

19-09-2005 20:52:53

XBOX 360...I am Bill Gates Bitch!!!!!!