Final Fantasy 7 Remade for PS3

Nekura Manji

26-08-2005 17:10:19

I know what I think- I think that if Square Enix remake the best RPG ever, the standard for all other RPGs, with awesome, incredible PS3 graphics (to anyone who's going to dispute that point- scoot over to Gamespot and watch the FF7 technical demo. And if your jaw doesn't drop, you aren't human.) I will fall to my knees, forgive them for all their sins (like FFX-2) and worship their feet. For the rest of my life. Then I'll play the game until the disc breaks from over-use.

Any other opinions? ^_^

Timbal

28-08-2005 14:12:37

My own opinion:

IF (PS3);
BUY FFVII Remake on the spot with console
ELSE END

That's basically it. :P

Anonymous

02-09-2005 11:29:56

My own opinion:

IF (PS3);
    BUY FFVII Remake on the spot with console
    ELSE END

That's basically it. :P

It'd me more like IF Ps3FFVII THEN Buy FFVII Remake on the spot with Console End If

:P

Kaine Mandaala

02-09-2005 11:58:35

I hated FFVII. I didn't even finish the first CD. It was so horrid and redundant - both graphicly and gameplay. If they remade it (which I imagine would mean "make it look and play better") it would probably be ok, though I don't know. To me, the original is crap - and it's easy to improve on crap.

As for a note on Tech Demos... Nintendo used one of Legend of Zelda for the GC that is just now becoming a game. It may take that long before you see this FFVII, if you see it at all.

Diablos

02-09-2005 12:17:45

I love final fantasy! Although I gotta admit that the graphics on FFVII were uber [Expletive Deleted]!

Timbal

02-09-2005 13:58:13

FFVII single-handedly was the reason why I bought a PS1 to begin with, since I up to that point wasn't interested in the other games that they had until that point.

Also, I agree that as an RPG, FFVII wasn't a "real" RPG, but then again I've always preferred "light" RPG games, like Legend of Zelda for the SNES, etc. It's only recently that I'm getting to run "proper" RPG stuff.

Back on topic, I loved FFVII more for the story line than anything else. Some parts of it drove me nuts, but it was a huge world and storyline that you could sink your teeth into.

That is also known as a "time black hole." :P

I swear, if they were ever to remake it for the PSP, I would have my PSP permanently attached. As in bio-linked to me. :P

Yar, if it was made for the PS3, though, I would probably buy the PS3 just for the remake. I'd have to seriously talk the wife into the purchase, though. :blink:

Diablos

02-09-2005 14:23:35

I agree about the storyline of FFVII. Maybe I liked it because it wasn't too unlike what is actually happening in the world right now.

Mortimus

02-09-2005 14:34:34

I know what I think- I think that if Square Enix remake the best RPG ever, the standard for all other RPGs, with awesome, incredible PS3 graphics (to anyone who's going to dispute that point- scoot over to Gamespot and watch the FF7 technical demo. And if your jaw doesn't drop, you aren't human.) I will fall to my knees, forgive them for all their sins (like FFX-2) and worship their feet. For the rest of my life. Then I'll play the game until the disc breaks from over-use.

In ragards to the technical demo...You do know they were'nt run off a PS3...don't you?

Oh yeah Mandaala, please don't rip off the metallica logo.

Diablos

02-09-2005 14:41:01

You can't speak that way to a member of the Dark Council!

OFF WITH YOUR HEAD YOU INSOLENT FOOL!

Nekura Manji

03-09-2005 07:29:33

Why, what are you going to do about it? Get Hetfield and his buddies over here to kick a DP's ass? *cough* Loser.

Anyway, it may not have been created on a PS3, but those graphics are still within the ability of the PS3. The sheer power that the console has means that I wouldn't be surprised to see those kind of graphics in-game. And even if not, the graphics in-game are only going to be minimally worse than the ones in the CGs. Still- graphics are not FF7's strong point. The story is. But a complete graphical rehaul will market the game to so many more people who hated the first one because of the graphics- which will make Square-Enix and Sony money. Which for them is good- and for us is good, because we get to drool over Sephiroth in full CG glory =D

Mortimus

03-09-2005 08:27:43

First of all, yes. Hetfield will kick his ass.
Secondly, i...guess..I...agree. It is more about gameplay than graphics in the ff series.
Third. There is still speculation over which is the most powerful console. The truth is...No-one actually knows. Both consoles are constantly being updated and revamped.
Forth. [Expletive Deleted F-word] sepiroth, i want to see tifa in high def!

Diablos

03-09-2005 08:30:11

Diablos thinks Mortimus is a sad, deluded child in need of desperate help.

Mortimus

03-09-2005 08:41:11

Mortimus believes Diablos should realise that he is not a protector of anyone and has simply deluded himself (beyond belief) that he is the protector, not the protected.

Telona

03-09-2005 19:35:45

Shut up you guys. There's an article in Electronic Gaming Monthly telling all about this new FF game. It looks sweet and that's good enough for me.

Nekura Manji

04-09-2005 04:39:01

Heheh... our Krath High Peach is easily pleased :P

But yes. I shall scan the web for updates- for now, everybody go to http://www.gamespot.com/features/6130799/index.html and read about all the reasons why FF7 should be remade on the PS3. ^_^

Mortimus

09-09-2005 15:15:13

do you think they'll keep the same battle system as the original, 'cos let's face it, it was [Expletive Deleted]!

mortimus out!

Diablos

09-09-2005 19:29:58

I can't stand ATB at all! It's just the worst battle system ever, at least FFX was turn based.

Anonymous

09-09-2005 22:39:15

FFVII was totally a real RPG, and one of the greatest ever created. As for the graphics...at the time it was released they were absolutely revolutionary. FFVII is by far my favorate RPG of all time.

Nekura Manji

10-09-2005 06:20:07

The battle system was fine, nothing wrong with it. Put simply, I want the closest port of the original possible- everything about FF7 rocked hard, with the only minor sticking point for me now being the graphics (since they've improved so much since then.) If they just remade FF7 with awesome graphics and more high quality sound (not just midi), that would do it for me.

Lanius Sin

10-09-2005 16:17:50

i know theres a movie of 7 comeing out soon, (the video i saw was good...well beter than good) but isnt the guy who makes the final fantisy games only making games for mirosoft now...i think a contract change or something,.??. (eg ff mmorpg on the xbox 360. looks so goooooooood!)

Anonymous

11-09-2005 16:28:54

FFXI is going to the Xbox360. It's a 5 year old game that's also on the Windows PC's and the Playstation 2.

The man behind the Final Fantasy series (at least the beginnings of it), resigned from his post as CEO of Square Enix and formed his own company. That company is making games for the xbox360.

Square Enix are still a Sony Exclusive company for the most part, they're just bringing one or two games over to other systems (Like how they made Crystal Chronicles on the GameCube, they were still a Sony exclusive company more or less).

The former President of Enix is now leading up Square Enix.