Xbox VS. Playstation 2

Jaymz

08-08-2005 15:17:37

This is the first in a 3 part Console battle. it goes Graphics, Gameplay, Overall Fun Level. We'll go to we get 21 overall votes. My choice is Xbox. they have Half Life 2, which won best graphics and Halo 2 which was nominated. Halo 2's graphics do not change between cinema's and actual gameplay because they are that good. Nuff Said. Remember when you vote you are not voting for the best over all, but the one with best graphics.

Ark Dowell

13-08-2005 01:09:21

Woohoo! Anither poll!

Anyways, I voted XBOX, too. The graphics and music are better than those of PS2. Besides, the latter has too much RPG's. I feel that XBOX has fewer, but better RPG's like KOTOR and Fable. :)

That's my 2 cents. (Why does everyone say this?)

Chaosrain

13-08-2005 01:39:04

Next time name it best graphics not which ones best i voted for PS2 on the graphics which is clearly wrong. Anyway the Xbox has the best graphics but is no where near the better console.

Halcyon

13-08-2005 15:00:52

Aye...the X-Box was designed to have the most powerful graphics in comparison to the other consoles. If used properly, you can't beat the X-Box in terms of graphics. So...you don't necessarily need a poll like this :P

Revenant

15-08-2005 11:41:27

the x-box is far superior. it has better graphics, you don't need to buy a memory card to save the games, you can store music on it and use it in your games and all the online hardware is built into the machine..'nuff said...

Bajorek Sholis

15-08-2005 22:07:45

XBOX clearly wins this round in terms of graphics. I my self own mmost of the RPG for it and all are a fabric of undying divine essense, short: Kicks ass.
(I new :D)

Ethen

26-08-2005 16:31:13

Next time name it best graphics not which ones best i voted for PS2 on the graphics which is clearly wrong. Anyway the Xbox has the best graphics but is no where near the better console.

He did name it Best Graphics look at the question not at the title of the thread.

Nekura Manji

26-08-2005 17:07:01

PS2. Because I will never vote for the Xbox in anything, not even if I'm blatantly wrong. It sucks. Bill Gates can kiss my thin, sweaty arse. >:P

And why do people always argue that the Xbox has "fewer but better" RPGs? For chrissakes people, KOTOR started off on the PC. And Jade Empire sucked HARD. The only reasonably good RPG you've got is Fable. The Xbox is a console aimed at people who like to get drunk, have their friends round and play *spits* Halo while shouting at each other. Not RPG fans.

And I'm aware that people will bitch at me for this. Like I care. I have a headache and am therefore grouchy. Sue me. :D

Ethen

26-08-2005 17:45:32

I am not gonna yell but I like that fact that you can't Say Halo without spitting. Oh whats that I hear, Halo 3 coming out the same date as PS3, what else Bill Gates himself released that info, what more? X360 is gonna kick the [Expletive Deleted] outta PS3.

Nekura Manji

27-08-2005 06:35:02

Suuuuuurre. Keep telling yourself that. I'll just sit over here with a smug little smile, waiting for the Xbox 360 to fall flat on it's face.

Ethen

27-08-2005 17:16:34

I'm not gonna argue cause everyone is entitled to thier own opinion. If you like PS3 better, then get it and play it, if you like X360 better get it and play it. It all depends on what games your into. Me I am into a variety, and hate small controllers, thats why I like Xbox.

Anonymous

31-08-2005 10:05:08

I like the PS2 better. Bigger game library, a larger quantity of high quality games. The only Xbox game I like is Halo. Xbox obviously wins in the graphics department, just as the PS3 will obviously beat out the Xbox 360 in the graphics department (i felt like starting a flame war). In any other regard I much prefer the ps2.

Ethen

01-09-2005 19:28:46

Yeah PS3 is going to have better graphics cause its waited 6 months to copy the Xbox 360

Anonymous

02-09-2005 11:26:21

Yes. It copied the 360 so much that it has it's own unique processor, its own unique graphics chip, different type of RAM (half of it anyways), more USB ports, full backwards compatibility with PS1 and PS2 games, blue ray disc support, etc.

Yeah, it's a direct copy dude. Totally. *rolls eyes*

Mortimus

02-09-2005 14:53:31

the play station series is, and will most likely always will, be sports games. I hate them. I'm sick of fifa and pro evolution and rugby 2000 and whatever. First person shooters, amazing graphics, online play, basically a pc, XBOX ALL THE WAY MAN!!!!

Diablos

02-09-2005 14:58:43

I disagree that the playstation series is all sports games, I admit there are a lot of them but you are exaggerating.

Anonymous

03-09-2005 02:34:29

The Xbox has just as many sports games as the PS2 does, you tard. I don't see how the PS2 is just sports games...lol. You're just being a fanboy.

It has more FPS games, more RPG's, more fighting games, more platformers, more everything.

The Xbox definitely has better FPSers than the PS2 (Halo and Halo 2), and it has some cool RPG's like Fable and KOTOR 1 & 2.

The PS2 has its own share of exclusives as well. Soul Calibur 3, MGS3, GTA:SA (was exclusive for nearly a year), GT4, etc.

Both also have great multiplatform games like the new Prince of Persia series. The PS2 has a bigger variety than the Xbox. It has more FPSers, more RPGs, more everything than the Xbox does. It's not a fanboy remark, it's a fact. The system is older than the Xbox, and it has a lot more games, and a lot more variety.

The Xbox is more powerful than the PS2, and is capable of better graphics. I've seen some Xbox games that blow the PS2 out of the water in terms of graphics. But at the same time, I've seen a few PS2 games that look better than Xbox games. Gran Turismo 4 and Metal Gear Solid 3 are fine examples.

It all depends on the developer and how well they exploit the system. IMO I prefer the PS2, but that doesn't mean I don't like the Xbox. Well, I don't like most of the games on it. But Halo 2's cool. *shrug*

EDIT: btw mortimus, the PS2 has more people playing online at any given time than the Xbox does...I'm not going to argue which has a better online component (xbox has xbox live with built in chat support etc for all games, PS2 relies on developers to add that support themselves, PS2's online play is free, both are good in their own ways)...But the PS2 has hands down more people to play with. And MMORPG's.

Mortimus

03-09-2005 08:36:56

please, don't call me a fanboy. I still enjoy playing on the PS2 and hate Bill Gates as much as anyone. And (no offence) the Ps2 live remark is utter Bull[Expletive Deleted]. Yay! You can post scores from your games on the internet. Also, xbox live has way more gamers online all the time, its a known fact man. And i do think that sony mainly produce sports games. The PSP ia actually marketed as being mostly for racing games. Ane more thing, most people bought their PS2 (such as me) around the time when it first came out. That means we have to buy a network adapter and it does cost monthly play, but these are charged by the game manufacturers and their servers. (but only on actual online games, it's free to post scores [yay!])

Mortimus

03-09-2005 08:38:39

By the way, look up you tard. who's winning?

Nekura Manji

03-09-2005 10:36:51

By the way, who cares?

This poll is charting the opinion of a very small number of people, most of whom have a sad fixation with the "wonders" of Microsoft and the Xbox. I've said it before, and I'll say it again- technological expertise does not make you a succesful console manufacturer. That requires a modicum of marketing sense.

Let the sales decide instead of abusing people who choose to air a different opinion to yours.

Anonymous

03-09-2005 10:46:23

I don't care who's winning here in the forum. I was offering my opinion (and some facts) on the matter.

But if you want to get in to sheer numbers...the PS2 outsold the Xbox every single year since the Xbox was released. I guess more people prefer a PS2. =P

PS2 Online Play does not require a fee. The Network adapter cost me $30, like 4 years ago. The only games on the PS2 that do require fees are MMORPGs. All MMORPGs (PC ones too) require monthly fees. Well, except Guild Wars, but that's only a semi-MMORPG. I can only think of one game on the PS2 that requires a fee, and that's Final Fantasy XI, which is an MMORPG. By the way, how many MMORPG's are on the Xbox?

Just so you get an idea of how many people are online in the PS2, let's take a look at the number of PS2 users that are on FFXI right now, on the Phoenix server.

That's on one server. That's JUST the PS2 players. FFXI has over 20 servers. That's just one game.

Again, stop being a fanboy. I simply stated which console I liked better, some opinions, and a lot of facts. Sorry if the facts hurt =P

Mortimus

04-09-2005 09:57:34

i said in the other discussion. i'm not a fanboy. I think you can't stand being proved wrong.
By the way, Halo 2 has millions of registered gamers, literally. The halo servers deal with about 1 million gamers each day.

soryy if the facts hurt =p
Grow the [Expletive Deleted F-word] up!

Anonymous

04-09-2005 17:08:42

Millions? As in, more than 1 million? Well, either you're lying, or almost every single Xbox Live player only plays Halo / Halo 2.

The Xbox had a grand total of: 1.4million registered Xbox Live players at the end of 2004. So unless at least a couple of million more people suddenly decided to sign up for Xbox Live and purchase Halo 2 from December 2004 until now, I doubt the validity of your statement. Maybe you're just pulling numbers out your ass. I don't know why, either. I never stated a single lie in my posts, you seem to lie and exaggerate to make your favorate system look better. It's really sad :P

Mortimus

04-09-2005 19:04:30

first of all, no. I don't pull numbers out of my ass. and second, Are you purposefully finding places I've posted in in a desperate, immature and downright retarded way to prove me wrong!?

Ceric Crimson

26-09-2005 20:14:34

Guys guys, CHILL. Its ok.

Its also obvious that neither one of you is going to change the other's mind, so just relax.

Don't get me wrong, I love a good argument now and again, just tone down the insults...not that its my buisness or anything, just seems like a foolish thing to get all angry over.

PS: Xbox all the way, homes!!

Lanius Sin

28-09-2005 07:59:14

Id have to agree with Ceric. Xbox rules.

I had a ps2 abbout 3 years ago. untill on the fatefull day that the warentee ran out one year from purchase (yes. to the day) the thing stoped playing EVRYTHING. DVDs CDs the lot.
im not dissin the people who actualy went out and bought annother when theirs broke down but Sony hardware is way too fragile, you'd need to live in a lab to keep em working for any long period of time.

Ps: 1: The quality of the graphics is questionable at the verry least compared to the xbox.
2: The controll pad gives me cramps cos its so fiddly. and the analogue sticks are a little to sensative.

There got that out of my system. *wipes beads of sweat from brow*

DeltaForce

03-10-2005 09:03:42

You really can't have an Xbox without either Halo or Halo 2. Every person I know that owns a Xbox owns one of the two or both. Master Chief is kind of the Xbox mascot, he's big and green, kinda like the Xbox itself. Numbers don't mean anything Cannabisia. Half the people I talk to who own a PS2 also own an Xbox and the other half are planning on getting a x360. They are both good consoles and it depends on the player.

Ceric Crimson

06-10-2005 21:31:17

Have any of you kids seen in-game shots of 'Gears of War'?

Ahh! Orgasm!

Anonymous

08-10-2005 15:48:30

You really can't have an Xbox without either Halo or Halo 2. Every person I know that owns a Xbox owns one of the two or both. Master Chief is kind of the Xbox mascot, he's big and green, kinda like the Xbox itself. Numbers don't mean anything Cannabisia. Half the people I talk to who own a PS2 also own an Xbox and the other half are planning on getting a x360. They are both good consoles and it depends on the player.

Exactly. Both consoles are good consoles, each with their own advantages and disadvantages. When it comes down to it, it's simply a matter of preference. Myself, I prefer the X-Box because I don't need a memory card to save and I can burn music onto it.

DeltaForce

09-10-2005 19:17:55

Yeah the harddrive is pretty sweet. On the X360 as you prob already know it has 3 USB ports so you can like transfer music from an MP3 player

Ylith Pandemonium

24-10-2005 15:51:09

Xbox rules with Graphics

PS2 is just....ugly sometimes...

Jaymz

27-10-2005 10:24:17

I am getting both PS3 and Xbox 360. They are both going to be awesome.

Uzbad

29-11-2005 14:11:55

And here we are, the Xbox 260 is ou8t, and it blows. Go PS3!

raven8

30-11-2005 11:59:49

xbox has kotor 1 and 2 so i say xbox

Uzbad

30-11-2005 18:15:22

I had a ps2 abbout 3 years ago. untill on the fatefull day that the warentee ran out one year from purchase (yes. to the day) the thing stoped playing EVRYTHING. DVDs CDs the lot.

Well I bought my PS2 6 months after it came out. Firts thing I did was accidnrtaly run it for 24 hours straight. It ddint even get warm. I've ahd it for a loooooong time now, it still works. DVDs, CDs the lot. I've dropped it from heights above 6 inches (the max you can drop and Xbox from. :P) and it hasnt broken! Imagine that. Crappy Sony hardware at its finest. I guess I live in a lab.

Ikusa Proujekuto Thanato

12-01-2006 08:09:30

i sort of agree with Nekura Manji, it's not just graphics personaly i like good games eg. final fantasy and metal gear solid (to name but a few)

However i am a MASSIVE PS2 fan.

Oh and any way if you want good graphics get a PS3...
Xblox 360...Don't make me laugh, HAHAHAHAHA! :w00t: :lol: :D

Trooper Kale

16-01-2006 21:14:11

XBOX rules bitch yeah!!!!!!!!!

Ceric Crimson

10-02-2006 18:22:18

kotor, elder scrolls, halo....wtf is the delemma!?