Hellraiser

Shadonyx

13-06-2005 14:26:59

Anyone here (aside from me :P) a fan of the Hellraiser movies? Dimension just released the latest movie, "Deader," onto DVD about a week ago. It wasn't too bad of a film, and Doug Bradley did a fantastic performance as Pinhead. It's an interesting series of movies, though while very gory (people getting ripped apart by chains is never pretty) the premise is how a desire to experience new things may sometimes lead you down a path you cannot escape from.

Sounds like something we do as Dark Jedi, ne? :P

"Be careful what you wish for... it just might come true!"

Muz Ashen

13-06-2005 15:04:26

I liked the first movie, but seeing as how there are like 5 or 6 sequels, i figured that they were of the standard 1980's sequel quality and avoided them all outright.

If only i had instituted this rule before i saw that Dream Warrior freddy Krueger movie. (insert barfy face smiley here)

Shadonyx

13-06-2005 21:24:56

I liked the first movie, but seeing as how there are like 5 or 6 sequels, i figured that they were of the standard 1980's sequel quality and avoided them all outright. 

If only i had instituted this rule before i saw that Dream Warrior freddy Krueger movie. (insert barfy face smiley here)

"Hellbound" is an excellent sequel. I have as yet to see "Hell on Earth," but many HR fans absolutely despise it, right along with "Bloodline." Personally, I enjoyed "Bloodline." I've heard "Inferno" was good, and I've seen "Hellseeker."

If anything, I enjoy Hellraiser for being a horror movie with a message. Sometimes it just doesn't pay to go that extra step to find something to excite you. :P

Shinichi Endymiron K

15-06-2005 13:16:36

I rather enjoyed them for entertainment purposes. The back story is interesting, but after like 4 movies it gets a little sily. I liked the first one and I liked Bloodlines, but I mean how many times can you do the same stoy over?

Kaine Mandaala

15-06-2005 13:22:00

I'm not really a fan per se, but in college my 2nd roommate was enthralled with it. He watched HR 1 and 2 all the time. I've seen HR2 about 20 times just froim him always watching it.

I liked the concept, liked the way 2 played out though to me it was a tad too much gore... This coming from the guy who likes Puppet Master 1 and 3.