Oriens Obscurum Q&A

Halcyon

14-12-2005 17:55:09

Greetings,

This topic is for any questions that you may have for either the Quaestor or Aedile of Oriens Obscurum (Currently Hitokiri and myself).

Any topic is open for discussion...just try and keep it DB-based :P What are we doing good? What do we need to improve on? Anything specific you want to see? Anything you want stopped? Competitions? Ask any question that's been on your mind and we'll do our best to answer them.

Enjoy!

Kaelin Ring

18-12-2005 23:15:54

Can you help me with some competition ideas, por favor?

Halcyon

18-12-2005 23:32:51

There are a lot of things you can do. Find out what your members enjoy doing. For fiction aspects, try and "develop" your team fictionally. They don't have to be anything huge. Just have a steady flow of competitions, but find out first what your members prefer

Ceric Crimson

19-12-2005 17:31:14

Adventure, treasure, epic battles, murder and deciet to name a few...oh, and vodka.

Devani

16-01-2006 01:10:42

Halcyon, is there something I can do as Flight Leader? It was never really explained to me well what that entailed and I feel useless!

Halcyon

16-01-2006 01:48:25

The position of Flight Leader is outdated, since there are no longer Order restrictions. The term "Flight Leader" was used back with Sith were the "pilots" (ie. used the various Flight Sim games). Since they were pilots, the Sith teams were based around the Squadron template...hence, Flight Leaders.

Flight Leaders were like the second-in command of a squadron. Would help the leader. Of course, currently, that role is up to the individual Team Leaders. However, if you wish to play a more active role within the House and your team, you can always apply for one of the two open positions for Team Leader

Devani

16-01-2006 02:08:58

Thanks Halc :D

Vladeck

21-01-2006 14:27:32

HEY GUYS!!
I HAVE NOTICED THAT A LOT OF YOU HAVE TO LEARN OR PRACTICE SPANISH AND I WAS WONDERING IF YOU CAN MAKE AN SPANISH COMPETITION AND IF YOU HAVE SOME PROBLEMS AKHARA AND I CAN HELP, ITS JUST AN IDEA OK SEE YA

Halcyon

21-01-2006 16:22:36

I guess the first thing is...try and refrain from using all caps in a post :P As for "spanish" competitions...this club is an "english-club" if you will...anything done is in english. As such, all competitions must also be in english and so on. For names and such, we use a variety of languages sometimes, but for actual writing and what not, only english is to be used.

Ceric Crimson

23-01-2006 20:21:25

*hangs head*

*grumbles something in Russian*

Devani

25-01-2006 01:25:00

Halc I like your sig! And...how would I go about getting a Master since my last one ditched me?

Halcyon

25-01-2006 11:00:16

As there currently isn't a set Master/Student Program, it then just depends on who wishes to be one. Best way is to usually ask the House or Clan for one...however, I'd say wait another day or two for a Consul to be chosen, and then he can probably look into it for you in an easier fashion

Devani

25-01-2006 11:34:02

Thanks Halc :D

Scyrone

13-03-2006 09:48:20

I know this is a useless question, but I have been looking for the longest time, and I cant find the rankings, and how to gain to the next one. Can anyone give me a link or a direction to go to where the ranks are?

Also, I have been trying to get a competition through but it never passes, so I was wondering if maybe you, Halcyon, or someone else can enter the comp for me. I have had many comments on this competition (ok, maybe only the few who have known it), but I think its a really good idea, so can anyone help me with that?

Scy

smoke20

13-03-2006 10:16:17

I know this is a useless question, but I have been looking for the longest time, and I cant find the rankings, and how to gain to the next one.  Can anyone give me a link or a direction to go to where the ranks are?

Also, I have been trying to get a competition through but it never passes, so I was wondering if maybe you, Halcyon, or someone else can enter the comp for me.  I have had many comments on this competition (ok, maybe only the few who have known it), but I think its a really good idea, so can anyone help me with that?

Scy

DJB Career guide: Link

The reason why your comps are getting denied, is that only Battle Team Commanders, House Summits, and Clan Summits are allowed...if you have ideas email your superiors and let them have a look, it will or can be used, then I make it so.

and if Im correct, didnt you make a suggestion to me already? if this is the case send me a reply back.

Scyrone

13-03-2006 15:25:21

Thank You.

Ylith Pandemonium

10-04-2006 07:06:36

Goody, lol, so this is my office now.....oeh...leather...

anywho...

need anything just ask and I will provide, not everything, but everything DB'ish I can master.

have fun ;)

Scyrone

10-04-2006 21:26:24

Am I allowed to post in Galares? My Master is there and something is wrong between our 2 emails.

Halcyon

10-04-2006 22:05:30

You can post in any forum, both within this Clan as well as in other Clans if you so choose.

However, there messageboards also has a limited "mail" system that you can use if regular e-mail doesn't work.

Ylith Pandemonium

11-04-2006 08:42:36

Halc...I <3 you for taking over my job, but it's not neccisairy :P

anywho, Halc was right though, you can post in any forum you want. no problem
just keep the "HOO RULES" flags down ;)

Ylith

as for mailing, I got your mail but without the attachment

Scyrone

12-04-2006 17:52:08

Thank you for specifying about it.
So I am allowed to post in other Clans? Never knew that.

EDIT: Also where could I find stuff about online gaming with the DJB on Jedi Academy? I tried to find it before but i cant find out how to get to these competitions or matches?

Ylith Pandemonium

16-04-2006 10:05:18

Gaming Nights...

Well if you like mroe personal info about those I suggest mailing Smoke, he has
all the info your need. As for Participation, you should go onto IRC and head into
Channel #DBGaming.

there you ask for matches in JA or JO or whatever SW game you own and await a
challenge.

You report these matches on your DB Administration page. You log in, then you click
on submit gaming scores and submit the scores per game.

ICTE...

ICTE is a training day where you need to go to #Outerrim, there you have to sign up
for a game, this you can do by typing !Signup JA or JO or whatever SW game you own.
You will be matched with someone who signed up earlier or later and then you play
against each other.

The scores you will need to report to Lucius, there probably named as Luc|ICTE,
you PM him and make a format like this:

Ylith (DB6092) 3 VS Smoke (DB4334) 0 in JA: 5-0 5-1 5-4

translation:

(club-Pin) VS (club-pin) in : scores>

and thats it.

For information about servers and ICTE go to this site: http://icte.starwarsalliance.com/

good luck and have fun

for any more questions, feel free to ask :)

Ylith

Halcyon

16-04-2006 10:49:47

As a little addition, you can find a permanent listing of Gaming Events here: http://www.darkjedibrotherhood.com/dbjedi/gaming_events.asp and more information here: http://www.darkjedibrotherhood.com/dbjedi/...g_resources.asp

Enjoy :)