Main Story

Zaxen Dauketrenal

20-03-2008 17:40:09

Describes the overall story and the current overall situation. Provides a good general overview of the current state of the story. Should be pinned at the top and locked. It is kept up to date by the game controller or controllers.

Zaxen Dauketrenal

20-03-2008 19:47:51

Regular updates can be added like say weekly or even every few days depending on the subject matter, or reaching a pivotal point in the story.

Kalei_Basai

25-01-2009 15:46:42

Okay, for this here is my thinking.

I like the idea of a topic being put in and letting it be updateable for how the topic is working. Frankly, that would have helped with the clan runon we had going. Let those who are in it be able to know where they are if they don't have time to run through and read all of the posts. However, I don't think that it should be locked. The purpose for this is because if a person has a question of where they are, they do not have to either go hunting for someone to explain it to them or just take a guess and perhaps be wrong about where their character is. With the topic being unlocked, they are able to post in that topic if they have questions. Keeping it pinned is a good idea though.

Also, if someone who can't unlock the topic and post in it does a major update in the story, they can go in and post in the topic without again having to worry about finding someone to do it for them.

Overall the idea is a great one. Though I think for the topics to not get lost amongst the others, we need to do a cleanout of what we have there now, because a lot of them are inactive old topics.

Zaxen Dauketrenal

25-01-2009 16:03:01

Okay, for this here is my thinking.

I like the idea of a topic being put in and letting it be updateable for how the topic is working.  Frankly, that would have helped with the clan runon we had going.  Let those who are in it be able to know where they are if they don't have time to run through and read all of the posts.  However, I don't think that it should be locked.  The purpose for this is because if a person has a question of where they are, they do not have to either go hunting for someone to explain it to them or just take a guess and perhaps be wrong about where their character is.  With the topic being unlocked, they are able to post in that topic if they have questions.  Keeping it pinned is a good idea though. 

Also, if someone who can't unlock the topic and post in it does a major update in the story, they can go in and post in the topic without again having to worry about finding someone to do it for them.

Overall the idea is a great one.  Though I think for the topics to not get lost amongst the others, we need to do a cleanout of what we have there now, because a lot of them are inactive old topics.

Good suggestions.
My thinking on keeping the Main story locked is for organizational purposes and continuity. It is easy enough to create a troubleshooting or "i'm lost" thread to help out which can be specifically for that. Which I think I will add now.

As far as making changes to this thread it is mainly again for organizational purposes so that all others may see what all may have contributed.. its a summary and is related directly to the individual threads that people do post in.

I am not exactly sure what old topics you are talking about to clean out ...