Favorite Moments In Episode III *Spoilers*

Jaymz

20-05-2005 10:14:32

My favorite part, which probably holds a spot in everyone's heart is the epic duel between Anakin and Obi-Wan, though the duel between Yoda and Sidious was alright, no one seems to talk about the senate cars being thrown at the little green man

Xanos

20-05-2005 12:40:52

Personally I felt the symbolism of the Senate Chamber being literally torn apart was a great moment. Having seen ROTS three times now though the Obi-Wan vs. Anakin duel has grown on me a lot and is probably going to end up my favourite duel of the Saga (with the possible exception of the final fight in ROTJ).

Halcyon

20-05-2005 12:44:25

THe one scene that got to me was the very last scene of the movie..with Beru holding Luke and standing next to Lars as they look out into the Tatooine sunset, similar scene to that in A new Hope with Luke (music and all)...I just found it perfectly done

Jaymz

20-05-2005 12:45:33

The final fight in ROTJ was too slow. Anakin and Obi-Wan was fast paced and quite possible the best work of swordsmanship i have ever seen in a movie. *thanks for putting spoilers on the title i only realized i forgot it after i made the first post*

Sato Khan

20-05-2005 14:33:51

The scene that did it for me was the entire Vader/Kenobi duel and when Kenobi turned his back on his former apprentice. I also enjoyed the scenes of the Jedi being purged.

Tiberius

20-05-2005 15:33:29

My favourite parts of the movie would have to be the Senate Duel between Yoda and Palpatine along with the Duel between Palpatine and Mace Windu. My Fav line has to be, "Power, Unlimited Power" said by Palpatine as he was frying Windu.

Sephiroth Kali

20-05-2005 16:14:03

Tib, you are my kind of guy, I'd have to say hat I have three favorites, First, When Sidious vs. Windu, it was nice to see that pompus bastard get his due reward, second, Palps talking to anakin about the power of ther Darkside, and finally,When Anakin went on to destroy the Jedi in the Temple, though I wish they had shown more of it.

Kaine Mandaala

20-05-2005 18:37:20

I liked a lot of subtile things that made a nod to a previous film -

Anakin/Dooku Duel: With Palpatine seated and the space battle raging on all around them, Anakin and Dooku face off [ROTJ]

Anakin/Obi-Wan Duel: While moving down the corridor toward the control room they slightly pause in front of a window [ESB]

Uzbad

20-05-2005 18:55:34

I really liked the end of the Ani/Obi-wan battle. With Anakin frying on the ground and Obi-wan just watching. Then he catches flames. It was powerfull stuff.

I also liked the whole space battle at the start. Anakin being an idiot (shooting at Obi-Wan), the stuff in the background, R2-D2 screaming. It was great.

I wish they had less of the Anakin/Padme love scenes though...

Jaymz

20-05-2005 19:16:38

I still can't believe the only reason anakin went to the dark side was to save padme, was it not for her there would have been no Darth Vader

Xhedias

20-05-2005 23:16:26

In the final scene where beru is holding luke, it looks like obi goes the hand waving while rubbing his beard, as if mind tricking them to keep the baby. Would you just take any baby that came to your door step? Even if your dad married the babys daddys mommy? lol, i thought it happened...

Jac Cotelin

21-05-2005 01:14:33

I had a bunch of favorite scenes, but I can say without a doubt what my absolute favorite part was -- it's really a small one too.

Anakin and Obiwan are fighting at the end, they do the force push and knock eachother to the other side of the room -- then this is my favorite: Anakin uses some crazy force speed, takes like three steps to cross the entire room and slice at Obi. That was just awesome. Looked great on screen

Not to mention the fact that that slice is what turned off the shields to the lava and sealed Anakin's burning fate.

Jac

Mike Halcyon

21-05-2005 03:34:40

Order 66 and Anakin going through the Jedi temple. The rest was just the usual stuff you can find in Episode I and II. But those two scenes were very moving.

Also, the lightsabers sucked. They were pointed... dear gods! Pointed!

Xanos

21-05-2005 09:53:31

I'm actually really looking forward to the DVD release for the extended (and I mean really extended) scenes of the temple purge that should be in it. They made a really big thing about the character Cin Drallig, played by Nick Gillard, who was the lightsaber fight coordinator for the films. He was meant to come in and have a fight with Anakin to defend the Padawans but they clearly cut it to save time. A whole lightsaber duel during the purge would have made it all so much longer though.

Having played the video game now it does seem like it was probably a really neat scene. Cin Drallig's character is rather cool, he's dressed in the kind of pure-white robes that Atris wore in KOTOR2. It may just have been for the game but he also fought with his apprentice, Serra, who dual wielded two lightsabers.

If they add all that back into the DVD that'll make the purge a whole lot more enjoyable. I think they also filmed a scene of Anakin fighting Shaak Ti (the female Jedi Master with the Twi'lek style head tails and wierd looking red and white skin) at the entrance to the Jedi Temple. Hopefully they'll add that back too.

Xizor

21-05-2005 10:46:47

When Anakin ignites his sabre in the Younglings' chamber and the scene moves to where Yoda is, dropping his cane. Masterful.

"You were the chosen one!" speech.

All battles with Palpatine, especially the one with Yoda, obviously.

Wookies!

The Jedi Purge.

The ending.

Timbal

22-05-2005 18:25:58

Definately the final Obi-Wan/Anakin battle, awesome sabre work there.

Next best moment, "You were the Chosen one!" I felt his pain, man.

Next was Obi-Wan against Grevious. I hated how they made him a wimp, but it was still cool to watch. Obi-Wan just took in the sight of four sabres in as if he did that sort of thing every day before chow.

Then that kid at the Jedi temple that got cut down, that was powerful stuff.

Finally, it's a small moment really, but the Order 66 part when the clones turn their guns on Aayla Secura. I just liked how hot she looked. >:)

Tiberius

22-05-2005 20:17:42

hello you all might not know me but my favorite part was when all the storm troopers killed the jedi and the part when on kashyyyk the fihgt how all the storm troopers juped down and started to fihgt that was funny that little runt in the jedi temple was cut down and when palpatine when he was hanging on the senate flying car and laughing.oh that was good >:)
>:) >:) >:)

Zhilvinas

22-05-2005 21:47:59

The scene where Palpatine tells the clones to kill the Jedi (Order 66) is amazing, because it really shows the extent of the Dark Side's power.

Also:
Obi Wan: I have the higher ground, it's over!
Vader: You underestimate my power!
Obi Wan: Don't try it, Anakin!
(or something like that) And then he tries to jump over him, and it's so graceful, until Kenobi slashes with his saber, and Vader just like falls down.

Jaymz

23-05-2005 10:10:37

Sad part is the games ending shows exactly the same thing which sucks b/c i beat the game before i saw the movie. I would have thought that Anakin's demise would have been a little more suprising like the constent battle would have worn him down and in the heat of battle Obi-Wan would have caught him off gaurd and inflicted a fatal wound, like Maul Vs. Jinn

Tiberius

23-05-2005 10:41:11

Wait a minute I did not write that last post! How the hell did you get access to my password! Whats going on here?

Alanna

23-05-2005 10:47:16

Hmm... I'm surprised people liked the sabre fights. I was immensely disappointed by them. It looked like they were aimlessly waving their sabres around, and the scenes were cut and chopped so much that it was hard to tell what was actually going on. I was hoping for really elegant, sharp fights, and I didn't get them :(

Plus I thought there were too many. In the original trilogy, there was a real 'wow' moment when a sabre was ignited. This time round it was 'just another sabre fight'.

However, there was stuff I liked:

LIKES: The betrayal of the jedi scenes / yoda taking down the two guards with a flick of his hand as he walked into the room / General Grievous fighting with four sabres (now that was a 'whoa' moment).

DISLIKES: The reason Vader went evil (for love?! Oh c'mon....) / "NOOOOOOOO!" / the fight scenes / the dialogue (ok, not as bad as EpII, but still no Han Solo humour moments).

Xhedias

23-05-2005 12:29:29

i think ill copy lannie

Liked : General Grievous, Ani drop kicking obi, Sidious pwning the jedi council

Disliked : Yoda acting like a little girl, the nooooo (lame), general grevious getting owned with a damn blaster,

Anonymous

23-05-2005 12:36:03

I loved the whole movie. Even though i wasnt spoiler free i was still shock and amazed by what happened.
Loved every minute of the film.

I believe it help you understand ANH a little better than what you did before.

Jaymz

24-05-2005 10:28:20

lol. spoiler free......I beat the game before the I saw the movie which completely ruined it for me. The saber fights were awesome Alanna how can you say they weren't. I havn't seen japanese with as much grace as them, well okay maybe some, but none better.

Likes: Ani turning for love, Saber fights, "YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE!", The ending

Dislikes: Grievous dying from a blaster, Padme leaving Anakin, Anakin not kicking Obi's ass like in the alternate ending in the game (Anakin kills Obi-Wan and Sidious, WHOOOHOOO)

Alanna

24-05-2005 10:38:06

The saber fights were awesome Alanna how can you say they weren't. I havn't seen japanese with as much grace as them, well okay maybe some, but none better.

I happened to catch a few clips of the original Luke-Vader sabre fights on TV yesterday evening and they still had a 'wow!' effect on me, enough to make me stop what I was doing completely and almost enough to make me sit down and watch the original movie again there and then. Just awesome.

They were so powerful, and the camera work was vastly better than EpIII. I'm afraid the new ones just looked random to me :mellow:

It's not that I dislike fight scenes - I'm a huge fan of TV martial arts fights (ohh, and the gun-fu in Equilibrium :) ) - but these just left me disappointed. Sorry :(

Alanna

24-05-2005 10:43:26

You liked Ani turning for love?!

Vader was this totally evil, imposing man in the original trilogy... and now we find out that actually he's just misunderstood? Gimme a break. That undermines everything that had been established about him as a villain.

He should have willingly chose to take the dark side and enjoyed the power it gave him. He should have been totally corrupted so that at the end (if they'd wanted to show him with a spark of humanity left to allow the end of Ep VI), there was no way back for him, even if he'd regretted what had happened.

Syrus Korodin

24-05-2005 21:26:08

The Sidious vs. Yoda battle was the greatest thing I have ever seen. It was a battle of titans and kept me on the edge of my scene.

Of course, I also enjoyed the scene where Mace Windu died because Palpatine scared the crap out of me.

When Palpatine went and accepted Anakin as his apprentice and he just started crooning ,"Good...good." I literally shivered when I heard that and saw his eyes.

Issard

25-05-2005 03:52:03

Favorite scene hands down was the show down between Palpatine and Mace along with the naming of Darth Vader. "I am the Senate" ... "No... NO... YOU DIE!" ... "UNLIMITED POWER!" ... "Once more the Sith will RULE the galaxy."

Just thinking about those scenes make me want to go out and see it again. Plus once Mace is dead, the way Anakin says "What have I done?!" makes me believe that he is truly sorry yet terrified of where he is going. That line was the best acting of Hayden Christensen in the WHOLE movie.

I also liked the scene where Palps reveals himself as Sidious and says, "I can feel your anger... it gives you focus, makes you stronger."

And of course I loved the Anakin/Obi-Wan duel at the end.

One thing that I thought was really great on the part of Ian McDiarmid, was the way he made Sidious so animalistic. Snapping at Dooku and Anakin in that first fight and hissing through his deul with Mace. Good stuff.

Best line of the movie: "Good Anakin... Good... Kill him." :)

Jaymz

25-05-2005 10:01:08

Yes I liked him turning for love. You know as well as I do that Padme was the only thing he held higher than anything else, that is why he turned. Had I though my girlfriend/wife was going to die I would do everything i could to try to save her, including turning to the dark side. I thought it made the movie even more emotional when Padme turned his back on him after all he did for her.

Malik

25-05-2005 11:02:16

technically he didn't do anything for her, he turned to the dark side for selfish reasons, HE didn't want to lose her, say what you want but I call that selfish :P

Jaymz

25-05-2005 13:00:22

What are you talking about?

Malik

25-05-2005 13:19:50

she never told him to do anything to prevent her death, he did it solely because HE didn't want to lose her so he did it for himself, not her.

Jaymz

25-05-2005 13:40:54

He didn't have that train of thought Malik. Do you really think he wouldn't give his own life to saver her? he would.

Oberst

26-05-2005 00:42:27

No...Malik has a point. It was an exceptionally selfish act on his part. Even in light of the fact that he had nightmares of his own Mother's pain. I can understand not wanting someone you love to die. I can understand fighting to keep them alive, but the way he did it was exceptionally selfish. And it shows through at the end when he's choking her. Because she wasn't willing to do what he wanted, he hurt her. That's a fairly classic theme in terms of partner/spouse abuse. "I didn't mean to, but you just made me so mad." Hell, your love for someone should not drive you to slaughter children. If it does, you're more obsessed than in love.

And...I agree with Alanna on this. The lightsaber scenes weren't the greatest. There was just too much emphasis on quick, flashy crap.

I also didn't like how Mace went out like a chump. He lost to an old dude, and some kid from the cuts??? What the hell?

freshjive taldrya

26-05-2005 03:00:49

In the end really, Anakin turned because he was arrogant.

His arrogance in his own power was his downfall, he saw a dream, and since his last dream turned out to be true (somewhat) he figured that this dream would be true also. If he had stopped and considered his actions before rushing into them, he would have saw that his dream was a direct consequence of his choice to turn to the dark side. He choked his wife BECAUSAE he turned to the dark side, not in spite of it. He deluded himself into thinking his dreams were infalliable when they were actually just a warning.

His inability to see past himself is what led to his dream coming to frutrition.

Yoda even mentions in The Empire Strikes Back to Luke that it is hard to predict the future, even with the Force, because it is always in motion. Had Anakin realized that his dream was just a dream and not a strict interpretation of what was going to happen, then things might not have turned out the same.

Lots and lots of subletly in the prequels.

Jaymz

26-05-2005 11:55:08

in the end he turned because he felt everyone turned on him. He was manipulated by lies and love, had there been no Padme, Anakin would not have turned to the dark side. Anakin still had good in him, as padme said. What he did in the end was arrogant indeed, and that was the main part of his down fall.

"You underestimate my power."

"Don't try it."

Though he didn't seem like it when he was a child, there was too much of a shift between little anakin and older anakin. Like when his mother said he knew nothing of greed, but in episode III he does everything for greed, kinda. Its messed up.

Aerick

26-05-2005 12:52:26

Definately the final Obi-Wan/Anakin battle, awesome sabre work there.

Next best moment, "You were the Chosen one!" I felt his pain, man.

Next was Obi-Wan against Grevious. I hated how they made him a wimp, but it was still cool to watch. Obi-Wan just took in the sight of four sabres in as if he did that sort of thing every day before chow.

Then that kid at the Jedi temple that got cut down, that was powerful stuff.

Finally, it's a small moment really, but the Order 66 part when the clones turn their guns on Aayla Secura. I just liked how hot she looked.  >:)

The novelized version of Ep3 made that fight a lot more satisfying. According to the book, Grievous had a confrontation with Mace shortly before 'abducting' Palpatine, and after only 1 exchange the combat computers slaved to his brain allowed him to completely counter Mace at every turn. So when Obi gets sent after Grievous, Mace pulls him aside and tells him that he firmly believes Obi is the only living Jedi capable of defeating the droid general. Obi is obviously taken back and says that surely Mace with Vapaad style or Yoda with Ataro style would be able to do it. Mace states that he created Vapaad to counter his own inner weakness, and likewise Yoda's mastery of Ataro is to counter his own weaknesses (limited reach/mobility due to age and size). And then he asks what weakness Obi's mastery of the classic style of lightsaber combat (Soresu) answers. It's a great little scene, and then the fight with Grievous isn't quite so one-sided. Grievous was actually quite competent....but Obi is just that much better.

Anyways, going back to the topic, my favorite scene is when Anakin is in the Temple with the Younglings and ignites his lightsaber. Up until that point, it would be fairly easy to still believe that Anakin was misguided and could possibly be redeemed. That's the moment when he really crosses the line. As Palpatine himself says, only after cleansing the Temple will Anakin become strong with the Dark Side.

Jaymz

26-05-2005 12:56:05

"there's too many of them Master Anakin, what are we going to do?"

That scene actually sent chills through my body. I hope they put scenes on the dvd of him actually doing it.

Aerick

26-05-2005 12:58:35

On a contrasting note: my least favorite moment is at the end when Yoda talks about Qui-Gon. I certainly hope that the DVD, if there is a DVD extended version or something, has more to that. It comes out of nowhere. The only clue as a viewer that we get that Qui-Gon didn't die quite the same as everyone else is that 5 second bit in Ep2 when Anakin is slaughtering Tuskens and it flashes to Yoda meditating and he hears Qui-Gon's voice saying "No Anakin, don't!" or something like that. This entire scene needed to just have a vocal conversation between Yoda and Qui-Gon to explain what's going on, instead of Yoda just suddenly having a magic answer at the end of the movie that is supposed to answer why Yoda and Obi turn into blue glowies when they die...but is so unclear that none of my friends or coworkers understood what they were talking about until I told them.

Aerick

26-05-2005 13:00:39

"there's too many of them Master Anakin, what are we going to do?"

That scene actually sent chills through my body. I hope they put scenes on the dvd of him actually doing it.

I hope they don't. I think it would take something away from that scene to actually see it, partially just because of the gruesome nature of it. That's the magic and power of that scene. You know exactly what he did. You know he did it without a shred of mercy or regret. And then you see Yoda somehow feeling the enormity of what just happened. I think it would really ruin that scene to show Anakin killing the Younglings.

Jaymz

26-05-2005 13:02:39

I don't mean "IN" the movie, mean like deleted scenes. or special features.

Malik

26-05-2005 13:26:52

just on the note of quigon, he was supposed to have appeared in episode 2 as a blue glowie but because he broke his legs just before they shot the movie they only added his voice.

Xanos

26-05-2005 17:26:45

Yeah, Labyrinth of Evil (ROTS prequel novel) added a lot to Grievous as a character, and his portrail in the Revenge of the Sith novel was better in some respects than the film because it made him seem extremely powerful and a fairly equal match for Obi-Wan. The film had its plus points too: its message was that a lightsaber is meaningless unless you can wield the Force (in other words saying that a lightsaber doesn't make a Jedi a Jedi. The Force makes a Jedi a Jedi). The book scenes would probably have been more visually impressive as the fight scene was a lot longer but the message the film wanted to convey was still a good one.

I don't believe they filmed scenes of Anakin killing children. Star Wars is designed to be a family film- that wouldn't really fall into the family category. Its criticised enough for having lots of fighting, people losing hands and getting beheaded, I'm pretty sure it'd throw the age rating right up if they had visuals of kids getting cut down with a lightsaber.

The Qui-Gon and Yoda scene was recorded. I was shocked it wasn't in the film given how under wraps they kept that- Liam Neeson refused to comment on it to keep it a secret. But then they cut it. I can see why- to keep the film short and concise in order to focus the story on Anakin- but I would have liked it to have stayed. I'm pretty sure it will be on the DVD version. I just hope they release a DVD Extended Edition (a la LOTR) and not just a Deleted Scenes section. Its never as good without it actually being put back in the film properly.

EDIT: Oh, in respect of *what* happens in the Qui-Gon scene: voice over, no blue ghost. The reasons for this are more to do with real life problems than anything (see Malik's post) but Lucas has since taken the attitude that Qui-Gon hadn't perfected how to become one with the Force and was only able to maintain his consciousness, he wasn't able to take corporeal form as a ghost. There's a quote from Lucas about that in the "Making of the Revenge of the Sith" book. I'd rather see a ghost myself but they didn't film one so it won't be happening.

Vessicant

26-05-2005 18:54:24

The movie was good, better than Eps 1 and 2, but it wasn't as good as I’d expected.

I thought things went too fast at first, the plot had places to go and it fought to get there, despite having some things that could have been left out. Why did the missile have to explode into a bunch of little droids instead of being a one-shot-kill explosion for instance? They wasted about 10 minutes shaking those stupid things off, time that could have gone into Anakin’s transformation. Most things started getting better after the Separatist flagship crashed though.

Why were all the battle droids' voices so childish? They were much better when they were more mechanical.

I also have to side with those who were disappointed by the saber fights. The first one wasn't too good. Why was Dooku beaten so easily? Anakin can beat a Sith Lord in 30 seconds, but it takes him a thousand years to fight, and lose to, one Jedi. True, the Vader-Obi battle HAD to be longer for dramatic purposes, but…gah!

I also just didn’t buy the fall to the Dark Side. “Gee, I’m disillusioned with the Jedi today. They want me to spy on you Chancellor. Oh…they had reason to be suspicious of you I see. You say you can maybe help save Padme at some undefined time in the future? Sure, I’ll be your apprentice. Destroying the Republic and my old Master should be good for a laugh.”

But anyway…it was a good movie, and I’ll probably see it again once it comes to my one-horse town.

Favourite parts: The look on Dooku’s face before he died was priceless, as was Yoda’s when the Jedi Order started going down in flames. Vader entering the Council chambers and igniting his lightsaber. The stray blaster fire that nearly hit Yoda when he was helping the Wookiees.

Jaymz

26-05-2005 20:51:53

The droid missile thing was to introduce the new kinda droids

Kaine Mandaala

26-05-2005 21:37:53

I'll say I agree to an extent - I'd have rather them shown more of Anakin-to-Vader or Demise of the Jedi footage if it meant less flashy new technology at work.

The only 2 things I was kind of disappointed about were:

1 - The Amount of Kashyyyk. Why did they bother going there? I'll have to watch it again but I think the war on the Wookiee homeworld lasts a grand total of 15 minutes. Yeah we get to see Tarfful and Chewbacca... but so what? I wanted more war to happen there.

2 - No Dagobah. You saw Obi-Wan on Tatooine. You saw Bail Organa on Alderaan. I really wanted to see Yoda crash on Dagobah, hobble out of the pod and look around. That would have ROCKED.

Overall I loved EIII. Sad it's all finally over, but the marathon of all six will be a great way to spend this coming New Year's Day.

Anonymous

27-05-2005 02:33:59

the movie as a whole was amazing. it was the only star wars movie that almost moved me to tears. like during that scene when the jedi are being killed off.........so sad. the only complaint i have is with the dialogue. some of the things said in that movie were shamefuly written. yoda and sidious's little chat before they dueled was pointless and painful. poor natalie portman, the whole movie she gets to sit around and do nothing but cry. her lines were some of the worst. but heck, dont get me wrong, the movie was easily one of the best. and contrary to the opinions of many of you guys, i feel that anakin's fall to the dark side was well thought out and made perfect sense. i knew at all times exactly what he was thinking.

Malik

27-05-2005 02:48:39

I agree that there was not enough of kashyyyk, they might as well have left it out altho it does explain why yoda wasn't killed like the rest of the jedi.

Xanos

27-05-2005 06:07:10

I'm fairly sure they made more scenes with Kashyyyk but cut them at the last minute to avoid losing focus on the main plot with Anakin. I could be wrong though. In the novel they cut out Kashyyyk completely, which might have been because it hardly featured in the film, but I'm pretty sure there was more of Kashyyyk originally until the final month or so before the films actual release.

Dagobah was done also. They made scenes with Yoda and put a lot of work into his escape pod so I'm 100% positive they did make those scenes. They again were ones that must not have made it past the cutting room floor. They'll hopefully be back for a DVD Extended Edition along with the Qui-Gon scenes.

Konar

27-05-2005 07:01:00

You didn't like the Kashyyyk idea? I personally like the idea of bringing a new 'unseen' planet into the spotlight - it adds interest. - And like Mal said, it gives an excuse for how Yoda survives. Though, to me Kashyyyk looked a bit too much like Endor - which is probably unavoidable, but it has a renoundness about it of always being dark - as most of it is under a large canopy of tree heads, and it obviously didn't look that dark in the film.

In response to the childish droid voices - bah! Who cares? They died anyway, right? - Probably gives you a reason to hate them more (yeah. I know. Technically droids can't die... but still...)

In response to General Grievous not being powerful enough, I beg to differ. He looked pretty darn skilled to me and had you put Dooku and Grievous up against each other in a saber fight I'm sure Grievous would have won (yes. I know. Dooku's like a powerful Sith and all but what I said still stands as far as I'm concerned).

The movie made Dooku look crap, - agreed. - Which is the only reason I'd put my bets on Grievous in a fight.

To all the people that have seen Ep III more than once... Learn patience! it will save you a lot of money one day :P
- and with the rate that movies are going to DVD these days I don't think you'd have to wait long.

And what did I say about saving money?.. Oh yes. I take it back, get a Plasma or a Projector :P

Jaymz

27-05-2005 10:20:40

There has to be at least a half an hour of footage that they didn't put on the theatrical version plus deleted seens, so it is quite possible that there might be a seen of Yoda on Dagobah. One thing i've learned about movies is not to judge then entire movie over the theatrical version.

Anonymous

28-05-2005 22:48:31

I thought that of the prequels, this was the best one. I still think the script sucked for 90% of the film. I actually didnt mind the first scene with Padme and Anakin, it didnt make me embarassed like they normally do. The lightsaber battles were alright...the Maul v. Qui-Gon/Obi battle was still the coolest of the three (the most acrobatic and real looking). The whole Obi-Wan speech after Anakin was all messed up and legless was very good, especially when he caught on fire. That had the most emotional impact on me. The Sidious fight with Mace was so cheesey I could barely watch. Yoda kicks ass. And that clone trooper commander on Kashyyyk with the camo armor looked cool as hell. Grievous was a stupid character. I wasnt feeling Darth Plagueis' name. I think it transitioned into the original movies pretty well, he just should have done a better job writing the script. It made good actors look amateur.

Anonymous

29-05-2005 16:43:41

i agree, grievous was a useless and lame character. in the clone wars tv series he was pretty kick @$$ but in the movie he was pathetic. and what was with the coughing?!

X

Kaine Mandaala

29-05-2005 17:27:55

I imagine in the novel they explain it more but my theory is that Grevious was an experiment - a merge of man (well... more like alien) and machine. He still had organic pieces like a brain, eyes, heart & lungs.

I had read that he was lured into a trap by Sidious and Dooku which resulted in his transformation.

Jaymz

30-05-2005 19:38:48

My memory is kinda iffy on this so don't take the mistakes to heart. I believe that Grievous was once a general of an army, before the incident. After recieving a message from Sidious or Dooku, can't remember which, Grievous boarded a shuttle that crashed and nearly killed him, mangling up his body like 30's worse than Vader's. Dooku had the geonosians repair him then taught him how to fight with a lightsaber. Most of its iffy, but i hope it answers some of your questions.

Kaine Mandaala

30-05-2005 21:50:57

That sounds like what I've read as well.

It's a wide spread 'belief/rumor' that Grevious was a pre-Vader experiment. His crash was deliberate so that they'd have something to work with.

Jaymz

31-05-2005 10:17:56

I read most of that in "Labyrinth of Evil"

Aerick

31-05-2005 10:53:28

In response to General Grievous not being powerful enough, I beg to differ. He looked pretty darn skilled to me and had you put Dooku and Grievous up against each other in a saber fight I'm sure Grievous would have won (yes. I know. Dooku's like a powerful Sith and all but what I said still stands as far as I'm concerned).

The book made a point of stating that Grievous was trained in lightsaber combat by Dooku. There is no way Grievous would have beaten Dooku.

Jaymz

31-05-2005 11:50:47

If Grievous had the power of the force in his arsenal instead of a god damn blaster then he could have taken Dooku easily

Anonymous

02-06-2005 10:41:58

I can't believe this, but did no one mention the scene where Darth Vader is created? That was my favorite scene. Seeing the inside of the mask and seeing him walk after so long. How can any Dark Jedi not like that?

Jaymz

02-06-2005 11:57:07

Because Vader was better before the suit. The suite was his greatest weakness. Had he killed Obi-Wan he would have been the greatest Dark Jedi ever. But seeing a Sith fall like that isn't something I enjoy. My favorite part would have to be him and the death squad marching on the Academy

Kaine Mandaala

02-06-2005 12:58:02

If Grievous had the power of the force in his arsenal instead of a god damn blaster then he could have taken Dooku easily

Grevious didn't fight Dooku. They were on the same side. :D

Xhedias

02-06-2005 13:54:26

The march on the Temple was insanely cool looking. And yes, Grevious and Dooku were Generals for the CIS.

Jaymz

05-06-2005 18:12:47

No someone said that Dooku could kill grievous, and I said that. I know they were on the same team, it was more like an "if" thing

Macron Sadow

05-06-2005 23:15:52

I liked seeing Palpie kick some Jedi master tail, personally.

freshjive taldrya

08-06-2005 03:52:32

I finally saw it again (My first review is in Jac's thread about Ep III). This time, the digital projection. The sound was immesely better and, although you kind of have to know what to look for, the picture was sharper and clearer than standard film. Lucas is definately onto something with the whole digital process.

The improved (or rather, CORRECT) sound made the movie that much better, it was definately the missing element from the first time I saw it. Also, you can definately notice all the detail in the film in subsequent viewings. You know the basic plot, the big battles etc etc, so if you take time to look at the details, you catch some pretty interesting things.

As I said, the sound made up for the first time I saw it. If you're too lazy to read my other review, basically, the sound sucked the first time I saw it. Sucked to the point that it ruined the experience.

This time around, I don't know if the kinks were worked out or if it was the badass digital THX sound, but it definately changed my mind about the movie. Like when Anakin fires on Obi Wan in the beginning. The first time, I saw it, I heard it, but it didn't really register with me. The laser blasts sounded like they were coming from my desktop speakers during a game of JO or TIE. When he opened up on Obi Wan this time it hit me like a ton of bricks holy [Expletive Deleted], he's SHOOTING at Obi Wan. The immense stupidity of that goes to show just how arrogant Anakin really is. I still didn't quite care for how Anakin turned for his woman instead of power. Yes, power was one of the things that made him turn, but primarily it was the woman. Always the woman, the source of all evil >:) Another thing I noticed was that once he realized Palpatine was the Sith lord, Anakin lost all intelligence or logical thought processes he may have had. He turned to the dark side force wise, but intellectually he turned into the retard that screams "Franks and beans!" from There's Something About Mary. The way the relationship between Anakin and Padme was portrayed, and acted, never seemed plausible to me. There never seemed to be any chemistry, at least not the type between Leia and Han Solo.

I was further impressed by Ewan McGregor's acting skills. He is by far the most talented actor of the prequels and perhaps the whole series. He out-Alec Guiness-ed Alec Guiness. Yoda's speaking has been reduced to camp, although he is a badass. Him flinging those Royal Guards like toys was just as cool the second time around. Again, one of my main gripes was the "force explosion" Vader releases at the end. Sure, he's weak, lost some of his potential and he's locked inside a moving scuba apparatus, but you think that he'd be a little more pissed off upon learning that the entire reason he turned, fought Obi Wan and became locked inside said scuba was dead and that he, in fact, had been the cause of it. It seemed more like Aww shucks, I lost the bitch, but hey, I got some cool new powers and looky! A shiny black suit of armor! It even comes with its own can opener!.

Ok, I'm tired, if I have any energy tomorrow I might add to this...

Xizor

08-06-2005 15:40:54

Why couldn't they just have done a three hour or three-and-a-half hour flick and show everything?

Timbal

08-06-2005 19:02:55

To give you a reason to get the DVD... =P

Jaymz

21-06-2005 12:10:55

Thats true. I have this odd feeling there is going to be ALOT more on the DVD then in theatre. Then 5 years from now George is going to [Expletive Deleted F-word] it up with whatever advancements they come out with.

Tyrus

22-06-2005 14:58:14

"The power of the force my friend" obi wan says

"I hate you!!" anakin says

those are MY favorite parts

Xanos

22-06-2005 18:01:37

I dont think Grievous would have killed Dooku in a fight... Dooku trained Grievous. Its not very likely that he would have trained Grievous to be stronger than him. He frequently criticised Grievous's technique as clumsy and not fluid or natural enough. Its why Grievous goes down so easy against Obi-Wan in the film, a lightsaber is a neat toy, but without the Force its no better than a blaster.

Jaymz

01-07-2005 21:32:30

No doubt Grievous would have fallen against Dooku, but think for a second that Grievous had the force. Who do you with would win.

Sato Khan

02-07-2005 11:42:24

My favorite parts:

1). R2 humor on Griveous's flagship.

2). Palps. finally getting rid of Mace "the drama queen" Windu.

3). Yoda's failure to stop the rise of the Dark side.

4). The I hate you scene

5). Ding Dong Padme's gone (now we can get down to some real evil!!).

Shinichi Endymiron K

02-07-2005 14:07:53

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Tyrus

02-07-2005 15:12:50

grevious and dooku were both too weak, the true power lies in darth vader

silverRaven

02-07-2005 15:18:21

VADER RULES!

However, Vader was a bit clumsy in the first trilogy. Without the digital animation technology ILAM has today,that guy in the suit (Vader) was clumsy. I hope they will remake the origial trilogy again, if only for Vader.

Shinichi Endymiron K

02-07-2005 21:42:30

Blasphemy.

Schisca

02-07-2005 22:27:03

When Darth Vader yells "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" when he hears he killed Padme.

Tyrus

03-07-2005 12:47:57

ok, "i hate you"

thank you

Aabsdu

03-07-2005 14:06:26

My favorite moment is Palpatine fighting Mace, Kit, Agen, and Saesee. The battle was short, but awesome!
I don't want them to remake the originals. It just wouldn't be the same.

Revenant

04-07-2005 07:21:04

I loved the Sidious/Yoda fight and obviously the Vader/Kenobi duel. Possibly the best bit in the whole film for me though was to see Vader and the Emperor standing on the bridge of a Star Destroyer, with a young Tarkin at the side, looking out the viewport at, yes yes, the Death Star. I'm glad Anakin wasn't as much of a whiny little b!tch as he was in episode II. That made a difference. And, of course, when the two jedi starfighters land in the hangar bay of Grievous's command ship, and Obi-Wan somersaults out of the cockpit, and lands like a spinning top of death. Yee-ha!

Jaymz

08-07-2005 11:16:58

Still think Vader was too emotional when he found out Padme had died. I mean they made it seem like Padme had left him, and if I were him I would have been glad she died

Shinichi Endymiron K

08-07-2005 19:52:52

You just don't get it do you?

Aabsdu

09-07-2005 08:09:16

I think Vader was weak in his screams after she died. Just a small, "nooooo" doesn't do it. The way he acted, I'd say he was happy for her death. All in all, I think Anakin turned to the dark side way to fast. He spent five minutes talking about why he shouldn't have killed Dooku, but when he kills Mace he's Darth Vader five seconds later. It's like he regretted killing Dooku more than he did Mace.

Revenant

09-07-2005 08:22:05

That's because Dooku was an unarmed prisoner, whereas Mace Windu stood in the way of Anakin's objectives.

Aabsdu

09-07-2005 20:21:14

I look at it this way(lol), everything that happened is Padme's fault. It's her fault the awr started because she left and left stupid Jar Jar in control, look what he did. Anakin killed all the jedi and Mace only because Palpatine told him he knew how to save the brat. It's all her fault. I'm a little glad she died, after all, she had it coming from the beginning .

Shinichi Endymiron K

09-07-2005 23:27:00

Idiocy. If Padme hadn't left SHE would have voted to give Palpatine the powers. Jar Jar acted on her orders. The object of ones love can not be blamed for the actions of the one who loves. To say that is like saying that its the dead animals fault that Han, Chewie, Luke 3PO and R2-D2 got caught in the net on Endor. It wasn't the object's fault it was Chewie's because he desired the object. In the end Anakin was weak and succumbed to his emotions rather looking at the situations and problems logically. Therefor the only one to blame for Anakin's fall is Anakin.

Aghasett

12-07-2005 07:44:38

Anakin was a bad seed from the get-go. Given the chance, most pissed off little slave boys would fall to the dark side. The fault lies solely with the Jedi Council for not seeing the obvious -- that Anakin was an uncontrollable brat -- and taking him on to train in the first place. They should've left him on Tatooine so he could grow up to become a champion pod racer and stay out of the Force game altogether. Not to mention that they couldn't sniff out a Sith who was right under their noses the whole time. So it was all the Light Jedi's fault. They reaped what they sewed.

Mike Halcyon

12-07-2005 07:53:26

The "Force game"? Is that like the rap game? :P

horus garm matt

12-07-2005 08:21:44

anakin's eyes when he turns round after killing the seperatist leaders.
order 66 (Aayla Secura.... gigidy!).
obi wan being harder than i'd previously believed.

but.... darth vader.... nooooooooooo..... i think not.... i know he's gutted but come on george....

Anakin was a bad seed from the get-go. Given the chance, most pissed off little slave boys would fall to the dark side. The fault lies solely with the Jedi Council for not seeing the obvious -- that Anakin was an uncontrollable brat -- and taking him on to train in the first place. They should've left him on Tatooine so he could grow up to become a champion pod racer and stay out of the Force game altogether. Not to mention that they couldn't sniff out a Sith who was right under their noses the whole time. So it was all the Light Jedi's fault. They reaped what they sewed.

im thinkin yoda knew all along that this may/would happen or that the 'balance' would be something like this. ok, maybe not to the extent of order 66 but...

Jaymz

12-07-2005 14:27:44

Indeed it was Anakins fault for falling to the Dark side, but it would have never happened to him had Padme not been there, same with the dead animal. If the object is not there to attract the attention of someone or something, then cerain events wouldn't have transpired. It is just as much Padme's fault as it is Anakin's. Padme along with Obi should have noticed his decent and corrected it. Its not just Anakins, its everyone around him as well.

Aghasett

12-07-2005 14:48:47

The "Force game"? Is that like the rap game? :P

*Cue funky break beats*

It´s not the east or the west side
No it´s not
It´s not the north or the south side
No it´s not
It´s the dark side
You are correct
Get in front of the empire
So all you Vader haters out there - We´ll blow your planet up

What is your bidding my master
It´s a desaster - Skywalker were after
What if he could be turned to the dark side
Yes - he´d be a powerfull ally - another dark child
He will join us or die

We got death star
We got death star
We got death star
We got death star

Star Wars Gangsta Rap :P

Mike Halcyon

12-07-2005 15:33:09

That sounds like something to dance to...

Yo! If you can't dance, its cool to get up now
Usually, ya'll gotta sit on the side, but tonight, it's cool ...slide...

[CHORUS]

If you can't dance then this is your jam, Jedi, left to right all night
Slide that's all you gotta do... You can't dance then this is your jam, Jedi
Left to right all night, slide, that's all you gotta do

Now we all know the Sith at the club, all liquored up,
Sith with the bub tryin' to pick 'em up, wack dancing,
'Wookiee pa nub', shirt too bright, pants too tight
Sith settle down!
Now I ain't just messing with you
I got better things to do
I'm trying to help, I got a lesson for you
I know you do the best you could do
Wanna get next to Boo, then the less you do the better
Cause women equate dance with sex
They gon' see you and be like, 'Next'!
But you gon' be like, 'hold up Ma' ('Next!')
But she gon' be like, uh huh, ('Next!')
Now looka-here, rule #1, know ya name,
if it ain't An`kin, Palps or Vader, then we can touch ya
Rule #2, never do a dance you can't do, why stupid,
Cause you can't do it!

*slides*

Mav

12-07-2005 16:53:40

My favorite moment was probably the opening space battle. I was very impressed with that, because I'm a CG person at heart... :P

As for the Anakin argument, the Light Jedi had to be idiots. There was one known Sith, likely one other and this prophecy said that there'd be a dude to bring balance to the Force, so they automatically assume he'll come to help the Light? Ugh...

I like'd Yoda's line that went something along the lines of "A prophecy which if misread, could be disasterous" or what not. I think Yoda and Windu knew all along, and that is why they didn't trust Anakin. Worst part is, that lack of trust is what helped push him over the edge. Though really, it was Palpatine's schemeing and playing off of Anakin's emotions. Ugh. Anakin was so blind... It was painful to watch him stumble along, at times.

But enough about what I didn't like about the movie. Overall I enjoyed it, and my favorite scenes were the beginning, Obi's fight scene with General Grievous (though itwas slightly disappointing in light of the cartoon grievous, who just destroyed everything... and the end to it sucked :P), and the initial part of the Yoda-Palpatine battle.

Anonymous

16-07-2005 11:44:40

When Ani gets his legs cut off... *giggles to self*

Jaymz

16-07-2005 11:51:26

I liked the opening space battle as well. And i didn't like when ani got his legs cut off, kind of a sad moment for me.

Shinichi Endymiron K

16-07-2005 14:25:42

The sad moment for me was when Obi-Wan was forced to confront Anikan and destroy his physical body. To have to do something like that to someone you love in order to defend yourself must be heart wrenching. It proves that Obi-Wan is one of the strongest Jedi ever.

Brujah

17-07-2005 02:18:40

Some of my favorite scenes from RotS were; The Obi Wan/Vader fight, The first appearance of the Vader suit, and the Windu/Palpatine battle.

I really enjoyed the lightsaber fighting in this movie, which after reading this topic is surprising because I am a bigger fan of the OT in general. I guess I liked seeing the fast paced fighting especially in the Vader/Obi Wan fight. I like the slow methodical fighting of the OT too, but there was just something about that fight that kept me on the edge of my seat.

I guess my only real gripe with the new trilogy is the fact that there were new Sith's every single movie. I guess that makes sense seeing as Palpatine always needed an Apprentice, but I would have liked to have seen more of Darth Maul. In the OT you knew who the good guys were, and who the bad guys were (for the most part), but you really didn't get the Vader effect with any of these bad guys because none of them stuck around longer than one or two battles and you never knew any of their backstories. A little backstory on Greivous would have been better in my opinion.

Also yeah the dialogue sucked at times, but is that really that much of a surprise with Lucas?

Overall with the Saga complete I think I'd still take the OT over the PT, but I enjoyed them both.

Anonymous

17-07-2005 11:41:54

Yea, I agree with you. It must have taken a lot for Obi to do that to Ani. I mean, come on, could you do that to a loved one? It was wierd too how Obi warned him and everything... hm.

Jaymz

20-07-2005 14:02:22

I could, if they betrayed me and everything I had worked to achive I would let them burn

Shinichi Endymiron K

20-07-2005 17:48:03

Somehow I doubt that.

Jaymz

21-07-2005 16:29:53

You don't know me, so don't assume to know what I will do. I have an anger problem and I may go to extreme's sometimes, I didn't say I would regret it, but In the heat of anger I would.

BriGuy

29-07-2005 00:34:33

Alrighty then, first of all my favorite scene was when Palpatine first pulled out his lightsaber. I was totally blown away by that. I mean, c'mon, how many of us thought before the previews that the old geezer would pull a lightsaber and get down to some real combat? C'mon, lets see a show of hands!

Uh-huh, I thought so.

However, if there is one scene that absolutely repulsed me, it would be the Yoda take-off scene on Kashhyykk. It was done so much like the friggin end of ET that I had to cover my mouth to stop from screaming "LAME!"

"Anakin...(sob) your breaking my (sob) heart!" Just...just stop talking, Padme.

Revenant

29-07-2005 06:50:08

yeah, natalie portman's acting sucked. it sucked worse than something which sucks really bad.

horus garm matt

29-07-2005 08:05:11

good eye candy tho

Revenant

29-07-2005 11:26:13

i can agree with that. she was great in Ep III, until she opened her mouth. ah well, u can't win them all...

Mike Halcyon

29-07-2005 12:33:47

It's not the problem she opened her mouth - it's that she used it for talking.

Jaymz

29-07-2005 12:54:06

Mike *shakes head* Mike Mike Mike, I never thought you had it in you to say something like that LoL

Revenant

29-07-2005 13:20:07

i suppose the problem wasn't even that she was talking, just that she was acting. heh-heh, natalie portman was faking it, lol

Jaymz

08-08-2005 20:38:15

Yeah I didn't like her all the way back since Mars Attacks

Revenant

09-08-2005 10:31:15

she was quite good in leon. that wasa great film.

horus garm matt

10-08-2005 08:52:03

yeah, leon is ace. whatever happened to the guy in it (cant remember his name at all)?

Jaymz

10-08-2005 20:31:16

that russian dude that was in Mission Impossible and Godzilla......no clue.

Lanius Sin

11-08-2005 09:17:40

The dude in Leon is called Jean Reno. good actor, if a little wooden at times. I wish i got trained to be an asassin as a kid..

I think the opening space battle in epIII was great, if a little short. The cuting betwene the yoda/palpatine and the anakin/obi-wan battles kept me on the edge of my seat 'tho.

Jaymz

11-08-2005 10:40:35

my overall favorite part was....

"YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE"

Ewan hit that perfectly : p

horus garm matt

15-08-2005 05:06:22

obi wan & palps own the movie!

& thanks Lanius Sin, thats been buggin me for ages

Revenant

15-08-2005 12:24:22

i think he's french though...

horus garm matt

16-08-2005 10:07:22

Jean Reno?!
if you mean him, yeah he is.

Aghasett

16-08-2005 18:02:22

Reno's great. He's actually Spanish (his real names is Don Juan Moreno y Jederique Jimenez) and he moved to France when he was in his late teens. He's playing Bezu Fache in the upcoming Da Vinci Code film, which should be rather cool.

horus garm matt

17-08-2005 07:01:49

fair enough, i stand corrected, you learn something every day!
good knowledge dude!

raven8

01-12-2005 12:16:46

i like when anakin and the clone troopers attacked the jedi temple, and where anakin killed the younglings, and where the clone troopers across the galaxy executed order 66

Zett

16-05-2008 22:02:44

i know man thats messed up. throwing chairs at peopl only 4 feet tall. lol!!

Dralin

17-05-2008 14:14:34

Favorite moments from Episode III?

The credits.

RevengeX

17-05-2008 18:04:38

If you are reading a thread that is older than a few weeks, where the last post was the beginning of last month, please do not post anything unless you have something meaningful to add. Reviving all these long forgotten threads by posting a few words is cluttering up the list of actual discussions (and I use that term loosely).

Seriously - if you want to add something to the old threads, make it worth reading.

Sanarai Iridana

16-04-2011 16:51:07

The fight between Anakin and Obi-Wan was the most epic scent in ROTS. It was fast-paced and action packed, and really showed the two distinctions in the Force (the light side and the dark side, as was the view with the Old Republic Jedi).
Also, the scene at the end where Beru was holding baby Luke and the music was playing was very moving, and almost identical to the scene in ANH.

Brimstone

25-01-2012 04:00:23

My favorite was the one that made me tear up.....

Vader rising on the medical bed

That brought all the movies and 25 yrs of passion for the star wars franchise come to fruition. Vader was always my favorite character, villain, and bad ass. But the way they show how Palpatine manipulated him, made palpatine my most hated of the characters of SW. Even more than Jar Jar and Ewoks.

darkone

09-01-2013 21:46:09

I think my favir monet was when padme find out about ankain

Sida'rya Malius

16-02-2013 11:25:04

The scene that effected me the most was Vader's march on the Jedi Temple. It made my spine shiver and a overpowering thrill. Though that was quickly brought down as soon as the Youngling part came up but other than that, the Temple March and initial fighting will always be my favorite part. I never did quite care for the Jedi Order to begin with :P. It was pretty much the only prequel movie that I could get into fully. Other than the Temple march, I'd have to say all of Palpatine/Sidious scenes. Palpatine revealing more of his true self was brilliant as well as his final revealing.

Socorra

18-02-2013 11:31:28

That march was emotionally powerful, I agree.