A long time ago,

Lech

05-05-2005 08:45:51

How long ago do you think the original star wars events occurred? (If it really did happen, that is) Also, if it did happen, are the people of the star wars universe the aliens that the rednecks get kidnapped by? :P

Callus

05-05-2005 09:06:31

Well as most everyone knows thanks to Werid Al Yankovic the events happened... /me breaks into song

A long long time ago
in a galaxy far away Naboo was under an attack
And I find that two dumb lightside Jedi
tried to keep the federation from destrying the planet with their hidden death star that dosen't exist back then...

of course that's my version

karrel

09-07-2005 17:25:54

I was always confused with this. If this was long ago, technology wouldn't be so advanced. But then again it is in another galaxy, so it would be primitive to them. Heh, who knows how long ago.

Maybe one day austronauts can go to that far away galaxy and meet a Jedi. Now wouldnt that be cool? :D

Kaine Mandaala

09-07-2005 18:28:54

When did STAR WARS take place? Who can really say... Consider the Egyptian and Roman empires of Earth's past. They seemed far more advanced than the modern world - hell we're still baffled by the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World. It was not any better until you hit the Industrial Age. It seems as though a civilization builds up technology, the people embrace it to improve themselves, then something causes it to either be abandoned or forgotten.

From our perspective, take into account the events from The Fifth Element and Stargate. Both films have periods in Earth's history that were affected by an alien - and far more advanced - force. It seems that a common belief in all Sci-Fi is that the aliens are always way ahead of the humans on a technological level, except in the case of ALIEN, where the species encountered is really just a primal killing machine.

Xanos

10-07-2005 08:12:49

Well if you apply the modern perceptions of time as an eternal loop I would say that it took place so far in the past that it actually took place tomorrow :P

Macron Sadow

10-07-2005 11:21:40

Yes, or perhaps yesterday as well. Time becomes really weird when you deal with large masses.
Given the gigantic black hole at the center of our galaxy, who knows.

Aabsdu

10-07-2005 11:45:04

The entire Star Wars saga happened thousands of years ago far way. George did that so people can't try and change what happened.

Excert from Revenge of the Sith novel by Matt Stover

Muz Ashen

13-07-2005 23:33:52

Technology increases often to make better weapons.

How advanced would our technology on earth be after a nuclear winter?

something to chew on.

Xanos

14-07-2005 08:30:38

1. Super Advanced

2. Dead.

Not many options to chew on :P

Shinichi Endymiron K

16-07-2005 14:13:35

Sooooo many awesome weapons in development. Just wait until we're able to contain plasma in a stable magnetic field. :D