Db Gun Club

Taigikori

02-04-2009 23:55:17

I'm from the South, so naturally I'm a gun fanatic. With Obama's 500% sales tax on ammo, and the Assault Weapon ban coming back, I've been stocking up lately.

Talk about your pieces ITT. :P

Right now I'm tricking out my Beretta92fs. Getting a threaded barrel through a class 3 dealer around here, then going with a suppressor.

Beretta92

Un modded at the moment. No slide component, so I'll have to get a grip laser sight. I don't mind too much. The Px4 Storm looks wicked though.

Muz Ashen

03-04-2009 00:14:17

Mmmmm, boomy-bangs.

I have twin Beretta m92s fitted with hogues. (and in indiana, apparently i can get suppressors for the cost of a tax stamp, dunno that i'll do that tho) Love the berettas, they drive tacks.

Also have a .45 long colt single action revolver. Cowboy style. Fun to shoot, but 45 is expensive for plinking. I also have a baby antique. Savage 1906 semi-auto .32 Very cool art nouveau styling. Also, a AR-15 set up for urban settings, short barrel, etc, and the customary 12 ga pump.

I'm not too terribly worried about any new AWB, as I bought my stuff all before it sunsetted and picked up some neat add-ons right after it did.

No, I'm not a gun nut. I'm a weapons nut. I have many more swords than guns.

Hades

03-04-2009 01:53:07

Love that picture Muz!

I too am into firearms in all their wonderful glory. I'll run down my list:

AR-15 (M-4 variant) 16" barrel, flat top rail (EOTech comming soon) with 5-30 round clips (one used by my nephew in Iraq with the Marines)
AK-47 4-30 rd mags (nothing special, but the sound it makes is classic)
.270 Win 5rd clip fed bolt action. Tactical black with 9x scope and bipod mount.
M-48a (updated K-98) Mauser 1500rds of ammo. This is also my deer hunting rifle.
M-48a Turkish Mauser (longer barrel)
12-guage Mossburg pump, black
12-guage Mossburg tactical short barrel with heat dispursement. Law Enforcement only 5rd internal magazine. Total length is two feet give or take a few inches.
.22 LR Magnum with 8x scope. Walnut and bolt action with 7 rd clips.
.22 Ruger '10-22' 8x scope with 10 rd clips. Walnut.

9mm Tarus P-92F SS. 2 15rd mags.
.40 Glock 22C (Department Issued) 3 15rd mags.

I also have about 6 swords and a compound bow. :P

Discuss!

Taigikori

03-04-2009 02:06:26

Obama is also trying to limit the amount of rounds to 1000 rounds PER HOUSEHOLD.

Hades

03-04-2009 02:23:47

Why dont Obama go back to Kenya and leave the 2nd Amendment alone? The people who store up rounds in that quanity are preparing for a possible break in the goverment system. Basicly if the Government breaks down and people start becoming stupid, we have enough ammo to keep them at bay.

Someone needs to sit him down and make him watch all of the show Jericho..

Taigikori

03-04-2009 03:36:31

Taurus .357 with a 6 inch barrel. I use it as my primary hunting weapon here in South Carolina. SC isn't Montana, there's nothing but swamp deer, gator, and all shots are within 50 yards due to all the brush.

This is a pic I swapped off the net, I don't have the scope, I use just the iron sights, but I wouldn't mind getting that.

Taurus .357

It packs a serious punch.

Hades

04-04-2009 01:53:44

That looks nice man! Here, there are thick woods as well as long streches of flat land here. So you have to be flexible.

Look up the M-48a or Yugo-Slav Mauser. That's my hunting rifle. It kicks like a mule and sounds like a Howitzer. :P

Scyrone

04-04-2009 20:20:22

Why dont Obama go back to Kenya and leave the 2nd Amendment alone? The people who store up rounds in that quanity are preparing for a possible break in the goverment system. Basicly if the Government breaks down and people start becoming stupid, we have enough ammo to keep them at bay.

Or they have enough ammo to keep you at bay ;)

It works both ways. If the government breaks down, people with guns on both sides of the battle will do whatever they can to protect themselves. But if the government does break down, I'm just going to go back to Canada :) And technically, Obama is not from Kenya. His father is Kenyan, and his Mother is white.

I don't really own any guns (I made a slingshot once). I have some swords which some friends gave to me because their parents wouldn't let them have it.

Taigikori

05-04-2009 04:04:56

Went shooting today with the Beretta and .357. The range was COMPLETELY out of 9mm. I had to go next door and buy premium rounds. $26 for 20. That lasted me about 1 minute. People are seriously stocking up down here. I need to find someplace and just buy a few hundred rounds. Plus it doesn't help that the 9 is the most popular round in the US.

Hades

05-04-2009 04:08:09

But usually most popular should equal cheapest. But people are seeing everyone stock up, so they up the prices.

Its really hard to come by .223 ammo any more. And its also $20 for 20 rounds at the upper scale places. It's getting bad. :(

Muz Ashen

05-04-2009 11:52:07

Prices on ammo are up, but it's not impossible to find. You can still get plinker 9mm for about 14 bucks a box of 50...yeah, it's more than the 8.99 it used to run years ago, but prices on everything have been going up, especially now that people are panicking about the democrats.

Tarax Kor

05-04-2009 23:29:07

Someone needs to sit him down and make him watch all of the show Jericho..

The 2nd Amendment was made when there were muskets, not automatic rifles :P

Educate yourself, plz.

Hades

07-04-2009 00:48:58

Excuse me? Educate myself? The same principle holds true today as it did over 200 years ago. The right to have a firearm for protection and for hunting and the like (which I do) is inherant in our Constitution. Which, if I may, was confirmed last summer by the Supreme Court. Just because technology has advanced so far in the past 200 years does not mean the ideas behind it are different.

Just because I collect firearms does not mean I need to be "educated" by any means. I do suggest you think about that before you open your mouth again.

Severon V

07-04-2009 14:27:53

I am a gun fanatic. Unfortunately, I do not own any of my own. I hope to start a large collection soon though.

Taigikori

09-04-2009 17:30:27

I've got around $600 extra bucks I've been putting away. I want a new piece. I'm about $100 short of an assault rifle. So probably a shot gun or another pistol. Recommend me some hot stuff. Gogogo.

Taigikori

09-04-2009 17:32:03

Alright, this is sort of what it's down to.

Walther P22: Walther

Nice little gun for the wife, and .22 stingers are nasty little rounds for self defense. Plus I don't need a threaded barrel for a suppressor.

Draco Maligo

09-04-2009 17:34:55

For self-defense I wouldn't go with a .22, you need more stopping power. A 9mm at least.

Taigikori

09-04-2009 17:51:48

Only problem with that is, the wife can't handle my 9mm. And one well placed head shot will do the trick.

Thran Occasus

09-04-2009 18:04:24

I've been looking to get a handgun for some time.

Being from Michigan, hunting is a huge part of life in the Autumn. I currently own a .306 Winchester rifle (it shows a buck who's boss.), a 20 gauge shotgun (for ducks and squirrel), and my choice handgun is the colt 1929 .38 super. I've already talked to Colt about getting the gun that I, specifically, want. Base price for the gun is around 1000$, but a Colt will never do you wrong.

I've also looked at getting a revolver, and I'd probably go with a snub nose S&W .38, most likely the S&W 642 airweight. Its a small compact revolver with the punch to get the job done.

I love guns.

BTW, Apollo...

Stop watching Fox news. It's bad for your health.

Hades

09-04-2009 23:41:09

I dont watch Fox News. :P I read a lot of different news sites from around the country and abroad. You never rely on just one news source for everything. That's just stupid. :P

The things I said before are reflected by what I've read and researched, not what some talking head is telling everyone. I do my best to try and get as much information on a serious topic before I open my mouth. ;)

And for home defense.. a snub .38 would be good for the wife. Its light and easier to shoot and it has the stopping power you need. And do not *ever* rely on a "well placed" head shot to stop an attacker. You want to aim center mass because its a lot easier to hit. And with the rush and panic she would be experiencing at the time she would have to use that, you do NOT want her to take her time to try to aim for the head. Because, to be honest, that may be time she doesnt have. :/

Just my thoughts..

Taigikori

10-04-2009 09:49:51

Her wrists can't handle the kick of a 2 inch .38.

I might be going with the Romanian AK.

Taigikori

10-04-2009 13:07:57

Baam, bought myself a Hogue for the Beretta. Feels like heaven. I'm lovin' it.

Hogue

Timbal

11-06-2009 19:10:01

Dang, just saw this thread.

I like the 642, wifey's cousin has one for every-day carry and when he doesn't want to carry his Taurus 24/7 9MM. But I probably won't pick one up for formal attire, still debating/researching what would work in 9MM at that size.

Personally I own a S&W Sigma in 9MM (Probably the best buck/bang 9MM out there > 15 round capacity) as my every day carry and for home defense. I also picked up a Walther P22 not too long ago strictly for range use, but I've only gotten a chance to shoot it once so far.

Once the boys are old enough, for home defense I'll be investing in some sort of M4-class rifle and of course an AK-class rifle. Maybe a shotgun, but it's probably going to be a "tactical" model so my short hands can handle properly. I've tried your run-of-the-mill Mossburg, and I'm quite clumsy with them because of their size.

Lovin' Florida and their awesome firearm laws. :shiny: