Site Update Discussion

Orv Dessrx

11-12-2008 22:55:54

If you have something nice/bad/indifferent/constructive to say about the site updates (when they go live tonight), do so here. Thanks!

Anubis

11-12-2008 23:42:21

I can say it before they get launched....

They pwn. Thanks to everbody that helped work on them. :D

RalphVundu

12-12-2008 13:06:23

Well, I must say that the new updates have opened my mind to fun new things. I love how your character does not have to fit into a mold as much anymore. Though I am curious as to wether or not INT and WIS still have any affect of Force Powers, or if the Saves (sorry, D&D mindset - meaning FORT, REF, and WILL) are the sole determinates. I do feel that there are so many different stats now that mabye a few more points would be nice... i can't get things to the avg. 10 and still have some high points. Mabye the saves could be a derivative value from different stats. I dunno, just throwing in my 2 cents worth. Though I will say again that this has opened my mind so a very facinating future for my character, and isn't that what REALLY matters? :)

Thanks to all who helped... you all rock and i want to have a love-child from each of you :P Jac first.

Ralph Vundu
JH Ralph Vundu (Obelisk)/AED/ Exar Kun of Plagueis

"Those who are about to die salute you."

Malik

12-12-2008 13:26:20

I like the new character sheets, for once they seem to have a point outside the ACC, if nothing else then to better show others how you want your character to be.

Not sure if you want suggestions here, but I think I already saw this on the comments to jac's news post, it would be nice if the majority of powers aren't off limits to the majority of the members, as an equite I only have access to a little over half of what there is. It would be nice if there was a way to get the higher powers at a higher cost perhaps, maybe add an extra point per level per tier, so if I wanted to max out a DA-DP power I'd have to spend 10 points instead of the 5 points an elder would. Again it's just a suggestion.

Good work to all who worked on this.

Scyrone

12-12-2008 14:29:24

I do have a comment about it. I love everything about it, but the bar where the races are there are not all the races that some of the DB members have. For example, me. My character is Ithorian, but there is not an Ithorian on the list. And if that does change, maybe you could just put an "other" choice in there instead of adding a bunch of other races?

Aidan Kincaid

12-12-2008 15:00:14

I know Jac mentioned all the sweet customizing that can be done with this new system, it's my hope that certain events - say earning specific titles, or meeting medal or leadership requirements will unlock some of the "special" powers that only Elders or GMs can have. Shatterpoint is a really cool power and it was learnable by a mere Knight (Jaina), so it'd be cool if by say... coming in first place in the next GJW, the GM "trains" the member in its use so they can add points to it. Stuff like that would really sweeten the pot.

Aidan Kincaid

12-12-2008 15:11:08

I also discussed this with Jac when the new sheets were in the conception stage - but it would be nice to have some added text fields to the Character Information stage. A lot of us added headings on the old CSs for demeanor, persona, and ACC attire (http://darkjedibrotherhood.com/dbjedi/dossier.asp?ID=84#ui-tabs-30), which is nice to have available when writing someone elses character.

Just adding a personality form would help a lot, but more is always better, since they don't *have* to be filled out... afaik.

RevengeX

13-12-2008 12:06:59

I know Jac mentioned all the sweet customizing that can be done with this new system, it's my hope that certain events - say earning specific titles, or meeting medal or leadership requirements will unlock some of the "special" powers that only Elders or GMs can have. Shatterpoint is a really cool power and it was learnable by a mere Knight (Jaina), so it'd be cool if by say... coming in first place in the next GJW, the GM "trains" the member in its use so they can add points to it. Stuff like that would really sweeten the pot.

That sounds cool. Let's do that.

Rayne

13-12-2008 13:10:10

Couldn't there be a text box to write our species in? The drop down list just seems a bit restrictive.

Halcyon

13-12-2008 13:21:20

The current list is already very extensive. I do think there should be some restrictions as not every single species every mentioned in a SW book/comic should be used. Most don't have any sort of "real" information on them. If there isn't a good deal of information on a species, it shouldn't be included. However, if there is and it's not on the list, I'm sure you can just ask for it to be included

Prajna

16-12-2008 05:23:15

We are Dark Jedi. Therefore, I feel lightsaber points really should be slightly increased, perhaps in exchange for a point or two in H2H. I know everyone wants their TK or Echani points, but it is really first and foremost about getting to wield our lightsabers. More flexibility in customizing this would be good. Force powers are clearly very flexible and customizable, as should be, for Force using. However, lightsaber points seem to be more lacking.

Just for comparison, Muz linked a list to DJB ranks and the movies. E2 is supposed to be like Darth Maul in Episode 1. I have 9 points in lightsaber distribution. I can't even master one advanced lightsaber form, while Maul was clearly one. Right?

Perhaps Obbies could be made with more LS points and less force points, Sith are neutral, and Krath have more Force points and less lightsaber. It would further increase Order importance and stress Orders being different. Maybe something like this will already come with the disciplines. Ill wait and judge after.