Merit Medal - Dark Cross

Mograine

26-11-2008 16:05:43

Hey I wonder if it is much requested of a member to earn the Merit Medal - Dark Cross? I've read that activity in the BT and such get you one, but it wasn't descripted on what else that may lead to being rewarded with it.

Tarax Kor

26-11-2008 20:44:25

As an Aedile, I usually award the Dark Cross to members of my House that have shown a steady level of activity over a certain period of time. Most often the Dark Cross will be awarded for achieving a task that for the recipient shows greater activity or dedication than usually required.

At the end, it's up to the Summit's (House/Clan) discretion how and for what they'll hand out that award. You usually can't go up to your Summit and say "Hey you, I've done these things that the DC should be rewarded for. Gimme gimme gimme!" :P

I hope that clarifies things.

Macron Sadow

26-11-2008 21:23:19

That says it quite well. In my time here, I've seen it given out for a number of differing things, but all of them were well deserved- and the recipient is usually not aware they are up for awarding.

As an Aedile, I usually award the Dark Cross to members of my House that have shown a steady level of activity over a certain period of time.  Most often the Dark Cross will be awarded for achieving a task that for the recipient shows greater activity or dedication than usually required.

At the end, it's up to the Summit's (House/Clan) discretion how and for what they'll hand out that award. You usually can't go up to your Summit and say "Hey you, I've done these things that the DC should be rewarded for. Gimme gimme gimme!" :P

I hope that clarifies things.

Mograine

27-11-2008 11:42:16

Okay, thanks for your replies^^
Just wondered since it's required in the future for me. Anyway I guess i'll just have to keep up with a good spirit and being active, and one day it will pay off.

Tarax Kor

27-11-2008 14:56:33

If your Summit are keeping regular track of your activities, then you'll get it for sure. As with most things, you have to wait it out to pay off. ;)

Mehrunes Dagon

08-12-2008 22:20:58

Well since you in Plagueis,
Just bug the hell outa Bracen, if he gets annoyed enough he might give you one. Or transfer you to another clan, on second thought leave him alone.

Anubis

09-12-2008 20:43:45

Uh...wut?

Scyrone

10-12-2008 15:52:37

Well since you in Plagueis,
Just bug the hell outa Bracen, if he gets annoyed enough he might give you one. Or transfer you to another clan, on second thought leave him alone.

Hmmmm, piss off Braecen or survive? I think I would rather survive :D

Anubis

10-12-2008 16:45:06

First off...Brae would never give out a DC like that...secondly, if you pissed him off, that would be the last thing that would happen. :P

Aidan Kincaid

10-12-2008 16:55:50

Wait... ignoring the fact the start of this thread is over a month old... you people are afraid of Braecen? Wtf :P

Lucien

10-12-2008 17:45:27

2 weeks < month

Tarax Kor

11-12-2008 00:16:40

Technically it belongs to last month. Therefore it's old.

Ipso facto

CSP smells. :P

Anubis

11-12-2008 21:18:28

Indeed. They still think that they're going to beat Tal in the GJW.

Scyrone

12-12-2008 00:15:36

We don't think we will beat you, we KNOW we will beat you.

Prajna

16-12-2008 05:15:17

So people are afraid of Braecen? Alright. Wait, why? Just tease him with some Thai hookers or Makers Mark and he will do `bout anything. That wasn't a secret, right? Oops.

James

29-12-2008 10:28:58

We don't think we will beat you, we KNOW we will beat you.

ha ha ha ha, you think you will beat Tadryan. That's a laugh, it really is. Good luck!

DJB Protector James Stargazer
Ektrosis Of Taldryan, the best clan in the whole DB! :D