RC Ending (*Spoiler*)?

karimicus

16-03-2005 09:53:14

Ok guy's just completed RC for the PC, combat sequences where excelent, the gfx where emmence, however I felt let down with the ending, ok there was the part with yoda after all, however it never felt completed (don't know wither this had to do with it trying to get everyone excited in antcipation of episode 3 or wither similar to WC3 as more patches are released they extend the story).

What did you guys think?

Aidan Kincaid

16-03-2005 12:18:14

They've most likely set it up for a sequel rather than SP patches.

Xanos

16-03-2005 12:30:27

It's probably because of one of two things:

1. Deliberately to make you think "I wanna know what happens next!" in order to get you to go and watch Episode III.

2. Because "what happens next" would be giving away the plot to Episode III, meaning they might be releasing an Expansion after Episode III that continues the storyline through the events of Episode III.

If #2. W00t!

karimicus

16-03-2005 13:16:20

If it's a case of an expansion then why not make the complete game and release it with episode 3 is my question... it just doesn't feel right the way it all of a sudden stops

Aidan Kincaid

16-03-2005 13:21:42

Because we want to play it now? It's just Single Player... you'll play it once or twice then forget about it.

Xanos

16-03-2005 17:56:15

Easy.

Because making you buy an expansion is more money for Lucas Arts.

What I'd really like is if they released an Expansion (if not soon then maybe in 6 months or something) that was set in the early Empire (or even immediately after Episode III) where you play as a Stormtrooper and do stuff. I dunno... hunt down and kill Jedi or something.

I can feel them releasing an Expansion at some point though, including the Episode III stuff would mean "upgrading" the Clones to Stormtroopers (as the armour has already changed in the film), which would be a neat way of making the game feel both Prequel and Classic.

Welshman

17-03-2005 09:24:26

I agree with the bad endings it seems Lucasarts is making it an art form, KOTOR 2 and now RC, heh. Also as from the trailers feature loads of Wookies it could be that the invasion of Kashyyk features a lot in the film and htey dont want to spoil it. Either way pity one of the squad dies :~(

Xizor

17-03-2005 09:28:02

KOTOR 2's ending accomplished its goal: Make you anticipate KOTOR 3.

Welshman

17-03-2005 09:38:03

hehe you have a point. Wonder what the alien enemy is though. Chiss or someone perhaps, couldnt have been the Yuuzhan Vong. There are some strange references in both KOTOR games though.

Xanos

17-03-2005 10:49:55

The alien enemy = the Sith :P

karimicus

18-03-2005 13:30:19

we don't know what happened to sev, my idea is he's probaly working for douko or someone

Xanos

20-03-2005 05:56:14

There'll be two things that'll happen to Sev in my mind;

1. Give them an excuse to create a sequel and earn more money (it's Lucas Arts people! Lucas Arts!)

2. Die.

I'm expecting the first, simply because it's Lucas Arts, but the second possibility would make sense still to highlight the cold reality of what it meant to be a clone soldier and how you didn't have much choice. You were engineered to follow orders, and thousands of your twin brothers died... life sucked and there wasn't much you could do about it.

Kaine Mandaala

20-03-2005 13:43:21

I know it's just a giant rumor, and probably nothing to get all too worked up about, but check this out. As far as I can see it's made from someone who flew through RC and wants more. Note the "Co-Op MP" mode, which was a feature I've only seen in the original DOOM but wished for in a lot of other MP games.

Also, I've read that LucasFilm/Arts shut down fansites that had a lot of very detailed info about this. That could either be adding to the truth behind it or solidifying that theyare serious about not flooding the market with false statements.

From Gamespot:
RUMOR #4: LucasArts is already working on a next-gen console sequel to Star Wars Republic Commando called "Star Wars Imperial Commando."

Source: A description and concept image e-mailed to GameSpot Editors (pictured) [HRLD Note: Link Above = Pic].

The official story: See below.

What we heard: As the hype for Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith and sales of Star Wars Republic Commando surge, it would only seem logical that LucasArts would be thinking up ways to combine the two properties. So when a reader e-mailed RC a sell sheet for an "Xbox 2" game called "Star Wars Imperial Commando," it seemed plausible indeed. The game outlined flips the premise of Republic Commando: Instead of defending the republic against evil forces, players help the empire hunt down and exterminate the outlawed Jedi. Sounds delectably dark, eh? Well, according to LucasArts, it isn't happening. "At this time, it's not a title or concept that is on our current or future development slate," said a rep. And if the Imperial Commando concept sounded familiar, that's because it first surfaced in 2004. "This is an old game concept that first found its way online last June," the rep said.

Bogus or not bogus?: Bogus...but a great idea.

Xizor

25-03-2005 06:16:33

There'll be two things that'll happen to Sev in my mind;

1. Give them an excuse to create a sequel and earn more money (it's Lucas Arts people! Lucas Arts!)

2. Die.

I'm expecting the first, simply because it's Lucas Arts, but the second possibility would make sense still to highlight the cold reality of what it meant to be a clone soldier and how you didn't have much choice. You were engineered to follow orders, and thousands of your twin brothers died... life sucked and there wasn't much you could do about it.

My experience from games, books and movies, when someone "dies", but you don't SEE him die, or if you see him die and just falls off a cliff or something, they never truly die. The most probable thing with Sev is that he was rendered unconscious and left for dead, after they've hit his comm link's power source or something.
And besides, why the hell would they wanna kill the coolest character in your squad? Not very LucasArts like. ;)

Xizor

25-03-2005 06:17:57

we don't know what happened to sev, my idea is he's probaly working for douko or someone

Um...And why did he destroy thousands of battle droids and Geonosians?

Xanos

25-03-2005 07:28:15

Nooo! That link doesn't work Kaine :(

That does sound very nice though, Star Wars Imperial Commando. I can understand that they wouldn't say it's happening yet though, because they're not going to say that until they're 100% positive that the sales of Republic Commando are good enough to justify it. It seems pretty likely though; when was the last time anybody saw Lucas Arts turn down a money making idea?

This is going to be... a strange period though. George Lucas has always insisted against promoting the bad guys, which is why we've never had a sequel to TIE Fighter (I gather he didn't like the game). Quite how he plans to make any money, or continue developing things, or frankly expand upon the post Episode III period in any way without promoting the bad guys I don't know. Hopefully after Episode III hits he'll agree to let things slide and allow the Empire to be seen in a more positive light.

Xizor

25-03-2005 07:55:59

I actually thought of that precise title after I finished RC today. Being an Imperial Commando during the Jedi Purge will be an excellent idea. It will be nice to know how the Clone Troopers were turned into the famed Stormtroopers and what methods they used to kill Jedi.

karimicus

26-03-2005 08:33:30

Um...And why did he destroy thousands of battle droids and Geonosians?

Hasn't stoped mind wipes happening before in the SW universe

Xizor

26-03-2005 09:40:13

Sorry, didn't quite get that.

karimicus

26-03-2005 10:29:07

What I'm suggesting is that Sev's personality could of been wiped and he'd have the same skillz, but not his memory of the delta team and some storyline twisting off of that

Xizor

26-03-2005 19:00:40

And why would they go to that much trouble for just one commando?

karimicus

27-03-2005 05:24:19

Make him into the perfect killer/hitman/assassin against the republic?

Xizor

27-03-2005 06:34:21

Against whom? Jedi?

Jaymz

29-04-2005 13:45:13

Yep

Callus

30-04-2005 19:18:46

the ending was awful

Jaymz

02-05-2005 13:17:08

I didn't think so......or did I. not sure.

Xizor

03-05-2005 05:42:11

Yep

Ηοw many chances do you think *one* commando stands against an army of Jedi?

Súrion

03-05-2005 08:35:37

......how many chances, what do you mean by that?

karimicus

03-05-2005 12:10:31

maybe not against an army, but what about used for solo ops, take out the jedi one at a time hitman style

Xanos

03-05-2005 13:04:02

coughbobafettcough

Jaymz

03-05-2005 13:17:46

depends on the kind of Jedi, Jango lasted a little bit, until mace cut his head off, but he was unlucky to begin with

Xizor

14-05-2005 08:36:00

coughbobafettcough

Boba didn't really kill Jedi, did he? That was Jango's task.

karimicus

14-05-2005 08:45:47

Actualy i think boba fett did kill jedi because he has a lightsaber from killing that jedi, (cann't rember what the reference material was to it but it's happened in the novels)

Xanos

15-05-2005 06:33:12

It wasn't unheard of for the Empire to contract bounty hunters to get rid of known Jedi. Although most of the work was done by either the Inquisitorium, the Emperor's Hands or Darth Vader.

Since Boba Fett was the most famous bounty hunter it would surprise me if he hadn't ever been hire to get rid of Jedi. Mandalorians were meant to have a grudge against Jedi. And as Boba Fett himself says on one occassion "I never had anything agianst you, Solo, you were just cargo. My problem was always with the Jedi" or words to that effect. He didn't like Jedi, plain and simple.

karimicus

15-05-2005 07:06:34

No wonder, he saw jango get killed at the start of the clonewars :P

Xizor

18-05-2005 15:51:48

But with the Purge, there weren't really a lot of Jedi left.