Shatterpoint

Xhedias

09-03-2005 23:01:40

Im nearly done with the Clone Wars book, Shatterpoint. I was intrigued to see how much of a fighter Mace Windu was and how much dry but deeply funny humour he has. Did anyone think that the Movies and the Book were alike? I thought he seemed to be more laid back and calm in the movies, as in the book he wanted to beat in the skull of something all the time.

Halcyon

10-03-2005 07:36:38

Well, Mace isn't overly featured in the movies, so you can't really delve into his mind. The book of course allows us to really see what he thinks.

Vodo

10-03-2005 18:16:08

I agree, but I've never specifically read any of the clone war era books except the Republic Commandos book: hard contact. it was very well writtena nd I recommend it if your into the Clones vs the Droids

Nilani

15-03-2005 10:44:23

Yeah, I thought he seemed a little different, more of a sense of humour, less serious. Though since Shatterpoint revolves around Windu, we get more of an insight into his character than in the movies. It was a pretty good book, I enjoyed reading it.

Im nearly done with the Clone Wars book, Shatterpoint. I was intrigued to see how much of a fighter Mace Windu was and how much dry but deeply funny humour he has. Did anyone think that the Movies and the Book were alike? I thought he seemed to be more laid back and calm in the movies, as in the book he wanted to beat in the skull of something all the time.

Xanos

31-03-2005 07:11:31

Shatterpoint was a good book. What's been said is true though, you never really see Mace in the films, so it's hard to really say much. I felt it was in character at any rate. Plus you have to remember that the main point behind the story was that Mace was away from the Jedi Order and had to survive on his own, which did mean that his character probably 'broke loose' a bit more than he would have when walking around the Jedi Temple and playing the role of Jedi Council member. I really liked the fight scenes in it though; on which note, if you liked Mace fighting in Shatterpoint you should read Labyrinth of Evil (preferably before you see Episode III); and hopefully we'll get to see more of his character's fighting abilities in the film.

Hard Contact was good too. It was nice to read a book that wasn't about the Jedi for once, and it was well written for what it was, as it did a good job of infusing a typical soldiers tale with the sci-fi world of Star Wars.