Bal kote, darasuum kote,
Jorso'ran kando a tome.
Sa kyr'am Nau tracyn kad, Vode an.

(And glory, eternal glory,
We shall bear its weight together.
Forged like the saber in the fires of death,
Brothers all.)
- Traditional Mandalorian war chant

Those are the words to the song heard throughout Republic Commando. Does anybody know or recognise them from any actual language, or are they more likely from a made up language? I first thought it might be Latin from the first two lines but the third seems rather unusual, so I figure it's not Latin, but I don't know if its any other rare or ancient language?

Xizor

07-03-2005 00:01:11

Definitely not Latin from the first two lines, either. There's no letter "K" in Latin. ;)

Xanos

07-03-2005 01:51:42

Heh, well I'd be open to overlooking something slight like that, as kote and cote would be similar enough, given that you'd always pronounce a c in Latin as a hard sounding k. I thought it at first mainly when listening to the words, as the emphasis on pronunciation is similar to Latin in that there are no soft sounds, except maybe in Jorso'ran.

Xizor

07-03-2005 07:41:47

Ohhh, I thought you'd read it from somewhere. Well, in any case, there are no words with apostrophes splitting them.

Kandos

08-03-2005 15:24:32

could be Japanese or Chinese?

Aidan Kincaid

09-03-2005 00:14:03

EH... if you look on the last page of hte lil manual thing for RC. Theres a big image that says Ash Meltdown featuring "clones" the theme from SW Republic Commando... anyone try that? :P Check their website ash-official.com might have an answer.

Xanos

09-03-2005 05:44:59

The Ash theme tune is slightly different... its the one that plays during the ending credits, it sounds more like a mash between Star Wars and hard rock rather than the music that plays throughout the game. I think I found out that the Mandalorian language was made up though, I was reading a review someone that had the composer talking about the music and saying something about making up a language, so I presume that's what they did here.

Anonymous

20-03-2005 13:41:43

Its not japanese :)