Misconceptions

Kaine Mandaala

20-07-2007 16:05:07

This idea is stolen from another forum, but I liked it so much I had to.

What misconceptions did you have about events or people in the Star Wars series when you first saw it? I imagine a lot of people saw it when they were kids, so stupid mistakes are quite understandable.

Me? I thought Stormtroopers were droids. I thought the design on their backs read "Oil" and assumed they were robots.

What can I really say - I was 6 when ESB was out.

So... what silly things did you all think was true (only to find out you were horribly wrong later on)?

Martumal

20-07-2007 17:00:42

I remember when I walked in my living room and my parents were watching 'A New Hope', and they were at the part where Luke and the gang were in the trash compactor. I remember asking my parents if this was Willy Wonka. When I was actually old enough to figure everything out I kinda looked back and laugh at myself...

I also remember watching ESB and wondering if Luke and Leia would get married. (I thought that when they first kissed, remember, I was pretty young and innocent then... sorta) When I found out they were brother and sister... I stopped watching Star Wars for a long time.

I remember watching ROTJ and thinking Darth Sidious was Darth Vader without the cool armour. I always would breathe really hard when I saw him (just like Darth Vader did), and my parents thought I was having an asthma attack. :P

Those are my least embarassing misunderstandings while watching the original saga.

Makurth Mandalore

24-07-2007 03:26:52

I thought that Palpatine was Luke's father (I hadn't gotten to see ESB) and was wondering if Palpy was so wrinkly, why wasn't Luke?

Another was that I thought Chewbacca was a large gorilla :P