Rigar Ulrand

28-05-2007 22:47:55

YAY

Raidoner

28-05-2007 23:00:26

If it is true YAY indeed.

Etah

02-06-2007 21:21:21

A KOTOR MMO is originally hat I had hopped SWG was gonna be, but alas it was nothing like that.

It would defiantly breath new life into the DBPA if it fell under the same group.

Aabsdu

05-06-2007 12:53:57

Only gonna say one word:

KOTOR ONLINE

First of all, that's two words :P

Second, this would be awesome, although it'll probably take a while. Personally, though, I'd much rather get hyped up for Force Unleashed right now :w00t:

Rigar Ulrand

05-06-2007 15:24:37

What exactly is the Force unleashed
I still have no clue what that is about
dont get mad at me:P

Sephiroth Kali

10-11-2007 20:09:30

*Kills Rigar*

Source:http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=165554

A rumour has arisen in the US Official Xbox Magazine suggesting that the third title in BioWare's awesome KOTOR series could be with us as soon as Christmas or at least in 2008.

Towards the end of April we reported that BioWare had formed a new internal studio to create a Star Wars: Knight of the Old Republic massively multiplayer online game. No further details were reported and BioWare still remain tight-lipped on anything to do with any possible new KOTOR games and what platforms they might appear on, though you've got to think that Xbox 360 is a safe bet.

Still, that hasn't stopped the US press reporting fresh rumours regarding the third title in the RPG series. From what was said in our comments section about the MMO, it seemed as though most of you were holding out for KOTOR 3 rather than a massively multiplayer online game.

Is your wish about to come true? Should we expect to hear something KOTOR-related at Microsoft's conference at E3 next month? Should we just stop talking about it until BioWare coughs up the goods? Probably.

I doubt a Christmas 07 release, but as far as working on the game:

Source: http://www.lucasarts.com/company/release/news20071030.html
LucasArts and BioWare Corp. to Create Ground-Breaking Interactive Entertainment Product

SAN FRANCISCO, CA and EDMONTON, CANADA -- October 30, 2007 -- LucasArts and BioWare Corp. today announced that they have entered into an agreement to create an interactive entertainment product. The product, details of which will be unveiled at a later date, will be developed and published by BioWare and LucasArts, and will push the boundaries of the gaming market by utilizing the strengths of both companies to deliver an innovative, high-quality experience.

:w00t: :w00t: :w00t: >:)

DarkAmiz

10-11-2007 22:34:26

wow! yay KOTOR 3 MMO! :P

...let's hope its for the PC and not for the XBOX 360.

Sephiroth Kali

11-11-2007 00:27:00

Lets hope its for any system... NOW!

Scyrone

17-11-2007 02:41:01

BOOOOOO!!

No to MMO!

KotOR 1 and 2 did quite well just being singleplayer. MMOs will destroy the series. SWG was an almost complete failure. Now they want to make KotOR the same thing? No. I will get it and play it for awhile of course, but if it is not singleplayer I doubt I will play it for long.

Tyno

18-11-2007 04:26:44

BOOOOOO!!

No to MMO!

KotOR 1 and 2 did quite well just being singleplayer.  MMOs will destroy the series.  SWG was an almost complete failure.  Now they want to make KotOR the same thing?  No.  I will get it and play it for awhile of course, but if it is not singleplayer I doubt I will play it for long.

First.
The Possible KOTOR MMO would not be replacing KOTOR 3 which is currently in talks between Lucasarts and Obsidian. The MMO would likely not be a part of the KOTOR single player games but fall into the same era of star wars history (my personal opinion would be before or after the KOTOR games). So just to make this clear after all the(oh no, KOTOR 3 can't be an MMO) i've seen, KOTOR 3 and KOTOR online are TWO different games that would be made by 2 seperate companies (Bioware and Obsidian). Don't like MMOs? Play KOTOR 3 and don't Play KOTOR online, simple as that.

Second on the topic of another star wars MMO.
SWG was a incredibly fun game when it first came out until about a year after release when SOE started making major revamps to the combat system. SWG did have some major design flaws in the the fact of how restricting the time period they set it in was(Galactic Civil War) this led to many of the changes and the general issues with having hundreds of jedi runing around. KOTOR Online would not have this issue. The KOTOR era would give them a much larger amount of creative freedom while holding true to star wars history. The Jedi and Sith of the KOTOR Era were both numerous and battle-hardened so having large amounts of Jedi and Sith fightning on a large scale is entirely possible along with a variety classes likely to be included.

Third.
Just in case you missed it before the rumored KOTOR ONLINE game would be "based" in the same "Era" of star wars history but "not" part of the KOTOR 1,2,3 storylines.

KOTOR online will be awesome because Bioware is the god of gaming RPGs.
Bioware FTW! :obiwan:

Dralin

24-11-2007 18:06:02

Actually, Bioware themselves said that they will never be making another KotOR game, as they don't own the rights anymore, and they said that they haven't heard anything about it.

Tyno

25-11-2007 00:34:47

Actually, Bioware themselves said that they will never be making another KotOR game, as they don't own the rights anymore, and they said that they haven't heard anything about it.

Yes and no, Bioware has stated they were not making Kotor 2 and 3 which they suggested Obsidian take over to Lucasarts(and did) because they wanted to focus on Jade Empire and Mass Effect.(Which is awesome btw)

However, a MMO based on the same era of Kotor games is technically not part of the KOTOR series (Obsidian has the rights to the KOTOR series not every game in that era) and Bioware has said in regard to the MMO that they will not confirm or deny the rumor, yet. That they have yet to deny it being based on the kotor era and the recent joint project announcement between Bioware and LA only lends more support to the possiblity of the rumor being true. In regards to rights the MMO will likely not be named KOTOR online or affilliated with the KOTOR trilogy.

Until Bioware decides to confirm or deny it is still only a rumor and could be wrong, but for me there is enough chance that i'll cross my fingers and hope.

Shikyo Keibatsu

25-11-2007 02:48:31

Either way, PWNAGE and I can't wait for Force Unleashed. :D

Scyrone

25-11-2007 14:09:56

Well, still . . .

Booooo to MMO!

*gets new slogan*

Get cracking on KotOR 3 and stop waddling around on another SW MMORPG!

Korvyn

25-11-2007 21:22:06

/me plays taps for SWG

Adien Falaut

02-12-2007 05:10:00

hopefully they will take their time and make it good!