Star Wars Episode Vii, Viii, Ix

Rich Gun

12-01-2007 03:11:20

I just found out that Mark Hamill spills the Dirt on Star Wars Episodes 7, 8 and 9.

Mark Hamill made a surprise guest appearance at the Star Wars Trilogy DVD junket. Talking mostly about his memories of making the trilogy and his current line of work, Hamill was asked if he would be interested in doing Episodes VII, VIII and IX should Lucas decide to make them. Hamill dodged in appropriately nostalgic fashion, but was pressed further below.

“He talked about doing a VII, VIII, IX,” Hamill began. “You know when I first did this, it was four trilogies. 12 movies! And out on the desert, any time between setups… lots of free time. And George was talking about this whole thing. I said, ‘Why are you starting with IV, V and VI? It’s crazy.’ [Imitating Lucas grumble,] ‘It’s the most commercial section of the movie.’ He said the first trilogy’s darker, more serious. And the impression I got, he said, ‘Um, how’d you like to be in Episode IX?’ This is 1976. ‘When is that going to be?’ ‘2011.’ I defy anyone to add 36 years to their lives and not be stunned. Even an eight year old is like, ‘No, I’ll never be 47.’ So I did the math and figured out how old I’d be. I said, ‘Well, what do you want me to do?’ He said, ‘You’ll just be like a cameo. You’ll be like Obi Wan handing the lightsaber down to the next new hope.’ And I’m thinking, ‘I love the guy. If he wanted me to do light yard work at his house, I’d be out clipping the hedges.’ So I went, ‘Sure.’ But I thought he just realized that he’s going to be doing it the rest of his life and he’d rather not do that.”

When the prospect of a TV series was brought up, Hamill went into outright denial. “See, the thing is, on one hand, the way I look at it is there was a beginning, a middle and an end and it’s over. Even though it’s never over. But for me it’s over. But what’ll happen is these fans will come over, ‘But you just became a Jedi. Now what happens? It’s like doing the story of how 007 got his license to kill and then not telling any stories.’ So I said, ‘I wish my agent had this much passion.’ They really want me to do these stories. I loved it all, I really did, but I never in my mind ever thought it would be something I’d be talking about this long.”

In fact, the prospect Hamill thought would be hardest was watching a new cast come in and do the prequels. “We were doing the last one, it was really like the last semester of school, you’re cleaning out your locker, ‘Oh, we’ll stay in touch’ and of course you never see these people again. But I’m thinking, ‘What’s it going to be like when I see all these new people coming in doing [it]?’ People get really possessive. That’s my lightsaber. Han Solo doesn’t have a lightsaber. He’s got a wookie and Harrison is that way, that’s my wookie. Territory, it’s so baby town. So I thought they were going to do it five years after we finished. Not 34 years [sarcastic], what is it now? Not like waiting until I’m in my early ‘70s. So anyway, I thought it would be much more difficult than it was, because I thought it would be like watching a bunch of strangers rifle through your toy box. ‘Hey, that’s mine.’ But instead, they waited long enough so that it’s like a whole fresh start. These movies stand on their own, the early ones, because they’re prequels. They don’t rely on the later ones. It’s just like a whole new deal. What’s exciting to see is the amount of autonomy George has to do what he wants to do instead of having to compromise all the way down the line.”

The Star WarsTrilogy DVD streets September 21.

This is the link
http://www.themovieblog.com/archives/2004/..._7_8_and_9.html

Adien Falaut

12-01-2007 14:32:09

Wow that's a interesting article... If 7,8,and 9 were made I'd go see them

Etah

14-01-2007 18:10:32

I'd wait till they came out on HBO, Starz or Cinimax :P

Sakh nhem

19-05-2007 15:51:18

I have the basic plot outlines for episodes 7,8 and 9. I'm not sure if they're real but if anyone wants them, then just email me.

Kaine Mandaala

19-05-2007 16:18:31

Chances are they came from Supershadow, so that means fake.

Sakh nhem

19-05-2007 16:50:14

yeah i wondered that, it says that the mandalorians come and invade the new republic.

Zeron

19-05-2007 17:07:39

hahaha, thats funny. Mandos

Aabsdu

19-05-2007 22:38:29

First, that crap is SuperShadow is completely fake :P

Second, if Lucas made more movies, they would have to take place before Ep. I, because that is the time when the least has been written. Post RotJ, we have all these books and comics and stuff, but there is almost nothing Pre-PM, at least not hundreds of years

Either way, I doubt he'll make more movies. You figure, he's going to spend a few years on his TV shows, then he might, just might, look into another movie. One thing you have to remember, however, is that GL is getting pretty old, so, you know...

"Not even Jedi can escape death" - to roughly quote Qui-Gon Jin (I paraphrased)

Sakh nhem

20-05-2007 06:09:49

Yeah, I suppose you're right :P .There's too many invasions in them, it also says that the new jedi order gets invaded by loads of Sith wearing Vader suits.

Aabsdu

20-05-2007 12:12:44

Yeah, the problem would be that I doubt GL would agree with a whole lot of the stuff that has been written. Sure, he doesn't mind it, but if he made movies he would want to change so much that it would screw up the entire canon timeline. That's why it would be easier for him to make a movie set in a time frame that has little written about it

VanWyck

28-06-2007 13:55:53

Yeah, the problem would be that I doubt GL would agree with a whole lot of the stuff that has been written. Sure, he doesn't mind it, but if he made movies he would want to change so much that it would screw up the entire canon timeline. That's why it would be easier for him to make a movie set in a time frame that has little written about it

I do not see why they do not do the KOTOR series, show how the Republic nearly was wiped out, and then have Lucas's kids pick up episodes 7,8,& 9, or let George do it before he gets any older, and allow his kids to do the KOTOR series. That or have a series come out on DVD or regular TV that deals with KOTOR.
VanWyck

Aabsdu

29-06-2007 12:47:42

Well, they have KotOR games and comic series. Plus, Lucas said in Star Wars Insider this past month that he loves working in television, so making new movies is probably last on his list now in my opinion

As with his kids making them, I've never heard of them doing anything related to Star Wars rather then wanting to have cameos in the perquel films. Maybe, but doubtful. Plus, I believe they are all adopted, which means they don't have that genetic Lucas creativity in them :P

Kaine Mandaala

29-06-2007 13:56:49

Why would they make a movie version of a video game? Those always suck, and being Star Wars based isn't going to help that. :)

Plus - too many non-total SW geeks would be confused when there's another Yoda-like character and an evil Wookiee.

Makurth Mandalore

01-07-2007 02:10:23

Yeah :D

Kalak Ragnose

01-07-2007 06:36:21

There is no reason why they can't make another TV show along the lines of NJO

Personally, I would like to see 1 or 2 films about the fall of Phanius and his turn into Darth Ruin.

Makurth Mandalore

01-07-2007 15:48:07

Yes, that would make for a pretty good TV show series :D

Aabsdu

01-07-2007 19:29:09

Not that a clone wars TV show isn't awesome already :P

Makurth Mandalore

01-07-2007 23:25:58

So I'm not the only one that loved the Clone Wars series??? :D

Aabsdu

04-07-2007 17:34:37

I was talking about the upcoming 3-D series, but the cartoon one rocked as well!

Shikyo Keibatsu

14-09-2007 23:00:46

I highly doubt any movies are coming out... honestly, what hasn't been covered by books or comics was covered in movies. The Universe will eventually hit its end.

Scyrone

15-09-2007 01:53:28

I highly doubt any movies are coming out... honestly, what hasn't been covered by books or comics was covered in movies. The Universe will eventually hit its end.

And that is where we could really unleash our creativity (if we all are still alive).