the lightersabers

JustiSkywalker

27-08-2006 16:15:20

so which one do you have? as a proud darkbrother i got the red.

i used the camera flash to give it the Triligoy pink look.

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?...92-a73fc65da5b1

Kaine Mandaala

27-08-2006 17:10:22

Ah the Master Replicas Force FX Darth Vader Episode V saber. Nice.

I was thinking of the Mace Windu one but all that gold is unappealing. If only they could fit those electronics into my own hilt design...

Kal

28-08-2006 07:45:04

If nyou had a stream of money flowing from your *ss, they probably could.

dockaflar

22-09-2006 19:42:15

i wanted to get luke skywalker's. i dont know why, i just like his green saber alot.

Baron Zarco

25-09-2006 20:59:29

I think it is the coolest one too.

Shinichi Endymiron K

04-10-2006 17:01:50

Actually not that bad to create your own. I got a base unit from Ultrasabers Had vinyl graphics done by a local print shop. Had 6 aluminum black blades spot welded onto the hilt. Got a few extra parts (clips, screws etc...) from The Custom Saber Shop and basically built the saber from my Dossier for under $300. It even has a purple polycarbonite blade so I can smack the hell out of it without breakage. Ask Muz, Shikyo or anyone who went to Dragon Con this year. I'm now looking and designing and creating more for next year. It's addictive when you can actually build your own.

Aabsdu

04-10-2006 21:33:09

That's pretty sweet

Cethgus

10-10-2006 09:02:49

Sound cool

Cethgus

Kaine Mandaala

10-10-2006 11:18:14

OK so I went and bought the Anakin Skywalker Episode 3 saber (aka the Luke Skywalker ANH one). It's cool for the most part, but the blade looks like a sky-blue piece of PVC when lit. It gives off a lot of light, and the "scrolling" effect is neat (even if it's a tad slow) but the color needs to be a tad more refined. I think it needs to be a bit more rich (darker) blue -- more like a true blue. It also needs to be a boatload brighter so that the core is white.

I've been looking at having Advanced Light Weaponry make my primary, but I really like the blades at Hyperdyne. I hear Hyperdyne's just way too bloated as far as their pricing is concerned, and I don't see a violet blade there (yet) either.

I'm thinking of the one system with the colored discs (silver/white blade with about 2 dozen translucent discs to change the color). This method isn't as bright or pure a color as the dedicated color blades, but it may be the only way to get the color I want. Oh and that's at http://www.ultrasabers.com/

Galactic Arms has a blade that looks purple, too.