Robes

Werdna Elbee

01-04-2006 05:42:45

As good as the new rendered robes are... I can't see them!!!

Is there any chance they could be brightened? I'm not saying make them technicoloured dream coats, but stick up the overall brightness a bit so I can see the detail.

Any one else have the same problem I do?

I also really like the flat robe images. Maybe we could have both.

Lanius Sin

01-04-2006 05:58:16

it seems fine on my PC. perhaps the gamma needs adjusting on your minitor
8o)
just had a thought regaring the robes.. it would be cool if we had the robes made for real. then have pictures of them taken on a random model and the head taken off... would be pretty sweet.
(me goes to modify my RL dark jedi robes)

Andan Taldrya Marshall

01-04-2006 13:52:06

If I ever make it out to a star wars convention I plan on having my DB lightsaber made, and the same with my robes...maybe even a few of my higher medals just for show.

Muz Ashen

02-04-2006 15:21:22

A few of the robes of my design will be made in rl and worn to this Year's DragonCon (Atlanta Georgia in early September)...and yes, pictures will be taken. ;)

As to how dark they appear, it's the problem of black on black. I made the robes lighter than the background, by about 5-10 %, and on most monitors, it works well. Try adjusting your brightness or the gamma, and you should be good.

Baron Zarco

02-04-2006 20:36:54

I think the robes are great. I know you took a lot of flak but, no kidding, they are great.

Muz' and my sense of art seem to be perilously close. I had Jedi Robes made for me based upon Luke's ROTJ robes. They are almost the same but mine has more grey in them. When I met my fiancee she wanted the same outfit but we modified it slightly and put some color in it. Keep in mind that this was all before I even found the DB site. Her robes look exactly like one of the high ranking Krath outfits and her lightsaber has a purple blade.

So, Muz, your robes already existed in physical from before they were in the DB. No, there was no way you ever saw them unless you trick or treated in South Central Kentucky in 2005.

Andan Taldrya Marshall

03-04-2006 11:44:52

Muz, if you draw a pattern for the robes can I see it? It's a hell of a lot easier to make something like that if there's a pattern to base it off of and not just a pic on my profile :P

Muz Ashen

03-04-2006 12:41:26

Crix,

If i make such a thing, I'll PDF it and make it available. You'll just have to blow it up as you need.

Andan Taldrya Marshall

03-04-2006 16:48:34

Cool, that'd work just fine.

Aghasett

14-04-2006 20:11:24

I can't see em for sh*t either. But i did download one and brighened it up in PS, so I know they're cool, even if they appear as a black smudge on my dossier ;p

Windos

23-04-2006 22:48:56

I had a problem with my very old monitor... Just use Adobe Gama or something similare to adjust your gamma settings, works a treat.

Corran Force

27-04-2006 11:27:58

A few of the robes of my design will be made in rl and worn to this Year's DragonCon (Atlanta Georgia in early September)...and yes, pictures will be taken.  ;)

As to how dark they appear, it's the problem of black on black.  I made the robes lighter than the background, by about 5-10 %, and on most monitors, it works well.  Try adjusting your brightness or the gamma, and you should be good.

You better post those pics too Muz :-P

Ricco Vao

07-06-2006 15:42:47

The robes are fine althogh i dont like the belts :blink:

Rich Gun

05-07-2006 15:33:19

the new robes are good to me.
Im making some real Sith Robes based off the DB.

Kal

05-07-2006 21:57:12

Maybe we could have a white or red or blue or purple or whatever outline for the robes, like light shining behind them. The people could choose the color of the outline. It would make them look cooler and add to the whole customization bit.

Ylith Pandemonium

06-07-2006 05:24:30

way ahead of ya :P

its already been settled

Arcadian

07-07-2006 02:33:33

I like the robes, they always show up fine on my computer, and the flash of light behind them just makes them look cooler :P

Shirai

08-07-2006 01:13:34

Hey Muz...is it possible for you to put peoples custom sabers on the Equite robes. Salth Khan did something like that, where he put his avatar pic on the head then put his shark saber on the belt....Could you be able to do that.

DStephens

08-07-2006 01:31:16

A few of the robes of my design will be made in rl and worn to this Year's DragonCon (Atlanta Georgia in early September)...and yes, pictures will be taken.  ;)

As to how dark they appear, it's the problem of black on black.  I made the robes lighter than the background, by about 5-10 %, and on most monitors, it works well.  Try adjusting your brightness or the gamma, and you should be good.

Hmmm this may prove interesting. I think my g/f was trying at one point to get tickets for me to DragonCon in Atlanta this year as well Muz, as we dont live but an hour off. Maybe we can meet up and pwn all the other SW geeks there. :P

DS

Wes Biriuk

14-07-2006 11:51:07

I want robes... May have to invest in it.

Kal

14-07-2006 11:55:34

When I said splashes of light, I meant that you should be able to change the color of them.

Muz Ashen

17-07-2006 02:14:06

Kal: we expiremented with all sorts of slashes of lights behind the robes, and came to use what we have now because ti looked the best. Adding more choices for the background colours would amplify the number of renders needed for the project by threefold, and wouldn't add enough in the way of substantive content to make the time worth it.

in short: more backgrounds = hundreds of hours of work for something almost no one will give a hoot about.

Galaphile: I can indeed add people's custom sabers to their belts... but there's a couple of conditions. 1.) they had to have the saber drawn by me. It's a pain in the nethers to import other people's work into the program i use for the robes generation. and 2.) you have to be qualified for semi-custom robes (meaning you have to sit on the DC). That's the groaner, I know, but if i did that service for everyone, I'd never have time to eat, sleep, work or anything. Remember that I do this stuff for free... So i kinda have to limit the time i can spend on each individual person, and build in ranks, so I can treat people fairly. I think you understand.

Daniel Stephens: Cool...There's going to be a good number of DB members in attendance at DragonCon, and let's just say that the Keibatsu will be very well represented there. ;)

Kal

17-07-2006 03:05:12

I concede my point. Oh, and for the custom sabers, the ones on the robes now look kind of poor, no offense. Could you incorporate something more well-drawn possibly?

Muz Ashen

22-07-2006 19:13:14

the few robes that have a saber on the belt have a very generic hilt...that's intentional, as i couldn't put in all the sabers from the generator, so i went with a very basic one that looked nothing like any of them... thankfully, not many models have the saber on the belt... but still.

Shirai

22-07-2006 20:54:15

Kal...dont hate, just appreciate.

Kal

27-07-2006 03:36:25

I'm jus saying, could a slightly more detailed generic hilt be designed? Just an idea

Cethgus

10-10-2006 08:53:50

I think the robes look amazing on the consul you know the persinalised robes people get

Well you know i think that the custom robes the consule have got look good