Who Would Win?

Shadow

08-03-2006 06:26:04

Ok I was thinking about this the other day, in SW the Dark jedi are one of the most evil races around, and in ST the Borg are there equivilent, what would happen if they decided to hash it out.

Aghasett

08-03-2006 13:57:06

You can't assimilate what you can't get close to, and a spinning saber is a rather nifty way to keep a Borg's arm at bay. The Collective would be easily annihilated. However, if a Borg did manage to assimilate a Dark Jedi, and that Dark Jedi was too weak or untrained to detoxify himself of the Borg nanoprobes, then you'd probably have a really nasty problem on your hands. The Borg Collective with knowledge of the Dark Force? I can't imagine a more sinister combo.

Shadow

08-03-2006 14:30:30

dont foget after a while a saber wud be usless they wud adapt to it, and ye if they got ya we wud be buggered

Muz Ashen

08-03-2006 14:36:40

Can't get used to cauterizing light... their molecules don't harden at will, after all. And even if they did, look at how easily the slow-moving droids get owned by jedi using force push, etc. With darksider powers like affect matter or force lightning, hell, even Absorb energy... they poor cyborg rejects would be owned square back into being apple IIe-s.

As the nanotechs take over, the connection of an Assimilated Dark Jedi to the Force would weaken to the point of worthlessness (especially in one so weak that they could not purge the nanites).

Dark Jedi would own the Borg, no contest.

Aghasett

08-03-2006 14:51:03

As the nanotechs take over, the connection of an Assimilated Dark Jedi to the Force would weaken to the point of worthlessness

Why so? If all life posesses some measure of midichlorians, then Borg have them as well. And even if their midi-levels are low, they're working in tandem, so why wouldn't their collective connection to the Force be substantial?

Muz Ashen

08-03-2006 21:35:13

same reason that vader's ability was diminished by his implants.

Anyway, even when compiled, not all creatures have the raw ability to manipulate the force... so only a few would be able to...and at limited levels. Easy kills for the Dark Side.

DStephens

09-03-2006 00:40:06

Hell turn it around, what if a very powerful Dark Jedi allowed himself to be assimilated? it would be a very nice combo. (Course I know nothing abotu ST. :P)

Shadow

09-03-2006 02:20:02

nice idea but as i staed earlyer with my point of adapting, the borg can adapt to any energy form after a certain amout of contact, ok yes u may hack many apart but after a while it wud be useless, besids technicaly there extragalactic so the force has nothing to do wth them rather like the vong, so u wudnt be able to use the force on them, they wud have no knowledge of it untill they assimilated a force user at which point they wud learn about it and we wud be screwed

Muz Ashen

09-03-2006 09:05:59

Borg nut-rider.

being able to adjust to a phaser (which is an energy pulse) is a world different from dealing with superheated plasma.

Physics explains that plasma is composed of free-floating ions (atomic nuclei stripped of some electrons - making the ions positively charged) and free electrons (negatively charged).

What does this mean? It means that it will strip electrons from any matter.

ANY MATTER.

borg, vong, or [Expletive Deleted] clark, they'd still get killed by plasma.

Further, STARS are made of plasma. and no matter where the borg or the vong are from...there was a star there. Some things are universal. There is no life without some sort of burning ball of light and heat.

And the really nifty combat force powers of the Dark Side weren't used on the Vong... so they might have worked. We'll never know. I don't see how being from another dimension would stop me from congealing the air you are breathing and suffocating you [AMT], or flat out whipping boulders at you with the force and pulverizing your tushie with concussive smashiness [TE]. and that's just the tip of the iceburg.

And all that aside, what is stopping the darksiders from going back to Sith Swords? Sharp steel cuts, and it's hard to assimilate without your head attached.

As to a darksider willingly joining the borg...well, firstly, it'd be highly unlikely. By the time that they have learned enough about the force, they'd have developed a taste for individuality and personal power that is anethema to the Collective's Paradigm. But speaking hypothetically, it still would be an exercise in futility (pun unintended). As more and more of the flesh became replaced by steel, we'd be getting into a Vader situation, where there is a diminished capacity to use the force.

At any rate, the borg were a good enemy for the Galactic Federation in Star Trek. They're about useless in the martial, dirty, aggressive environments of Star Wars.

Which is why i hated the Vong. It was someone's silly and thinly veiled attempt to port over the borg while stepping around copyright issues.

"Ohnoes, they are unstoppable!!!"

Bah.

Malik

09-03-2006 09:39:42

Just a quick note to the first post, dark jedi doesn't have to be evil, they just don't help others :P

Muz Ashen

09-03-2006 09:50:08

and they aren't a 'race'.

and Would is not spelt 'wud'.

:P

Macron Sadow

09-03-2006 12:06:36

yeah, in my SW d20 campaign there are no Vong. I like it better that way.

Baron Zarco

11-03-2006 13:39:50

I hate to say it but the Borg would win. It takes thirty minutes to assimilate and create a new borg. It takes years to train a Jedi, or in the case of a wild one, for him/her to acquire the power to easily deal with the borg. That makes it a numbers game. If the Jedi with clones could not handle a droid army (and yes, I know there was manipulation but, still) that was marginally effective and had no adaptive powers then there is no way that all the Jedi in the galaxy could stop a borg assimilation sweep once it was up and going. It might be "nipped in the bud" early but not once it had "taken hold." Ironically, the "specialness" and "power" of the Jedi (whether so-called dark or light) is their greatest weakness, i.e. there relatively are so few.

Sephiroth Kali

11-03-2006 16:02:27

And the really nifty combat force powers of the Dark Side weren't used on the Vong... so they might have worked. We'll never know. I don't see how being from another dimension would stop me from congealing the air you are breathing and suffocating you [AMT], or flat out whipping boulders at you with the force and pulverizing your tushie with concussive smashiness [TE]. and that's just the tip of the iceburg.

point in case, Jacen Solo.

Shadow

15-03-2006 03:51:38

why what about Jacen

Welshman

15-03-2006 04:14:13

From what I recall he tried to Force lightening Yuzzhan Vong a couple of times to no overall effect in the book Traitor. However Tahiri did have some joy by compressing the air around a Vong's head so that'd work.

And just a quick thing, the Yuuzhan Vong were stripped of the Force so even in their own galaxy they initaly had access to it's powers until they went nuts and started killing everyone. This led to them being stripped of the Force and cast off their homeworld and so was birthed their peverse religion of pain and death as they felt that this was the only way to get back to the Force.

And yeah, Dark Jedi would rock the Borg. I mean if Picard could do it how badly do you think Palps would beat the crap into them ;)

Adien Falaut

15-03-2006 11:18:29

LOL good one.....

Shadow

16-03-2006 03:51:21

well that is a good point but to go back to an earlyer point the borg adapt to any energy form including heat, the only thing that wud kill em is particle weps, so we sud av to hack em apart with swords

Kraznor

16-03-2006 07:51:06

Lets Think this over:
Borg Cube Vs Death Star
Wouldn't a blast from a superlaser wipe out the borg in one hit?

Baron Zarco

16-03-2006 08:32:31

Of course it would. However, it would still be what I earlier called a "numbers game" since there are far more Borg Cubes than there are Death Stars. Interestingly enough, it is merely an extension of the power differential between an individual Borg and a Jedi. Yes, the Jedi wins in a "one on one" but there are so many more Borg and, much like Doritos, if you eat them all they will just make more. Jedi do not get made so easily. Neither do Death Stars.

I really do not like taking the Trek side of this but it seems pretty clear.

Welshman

16-03-2006 16:21:53

Ok lets put it like this. Borgs couldn;t adapt to machine gun fire because they lacked an energy pattern they could adapt their shields to. So basically a few dark Jedi with kinetic weapons (i.e bullets) would pwn the Borg badly :P No need to go into fancy energy weapons and the SW universe is full of high tech Kinetic weaponary, Verpine shatter guns, slug rifles etc etc.

Ion cannons would also be pretty neat against them, especially if they can go through shields like seems to happen on ESB (unless the Captains of those ISDs were stupid enough to have their shields lowered).

As for numbers, well throughout Sith history in the SW universe they have been creating and breeding servants. It would only be a relatively small thing to breed armies of Massasi like creatures to aid them in their battles. Sith slave monsters+AK47s=Dead Borg :D

Muz Ashen

16-03-2006 23:27:01

We've been over every aspect of this argument.

Dark Jedi pwn borg.

game over. Darksiders have better weapons, better powers, and the ability to rally enough badass troops to decimate the technozombies. period.

Did you expect any different response? I mean, for the love of Krath, scroll to the name of these forums.

Andan Taldrya Marshall

17-03-2006 10:10:07

The darkside has many interesting (and usually painful) ways of ending life. The borg need air and their heart to beat to live, and we know that those were two areas of killing that were very well explored by Vader.

Kaine Mandaala

17-03-2006 10:22:33

We've been over every aspect of this argument.

Dark Jedi pwn borg.

game over.  Darksiders have better weapons, better powers, and the ability to rally enough badass troops to decimate the technozombies.  period.

Did you expect any different response?  I mean, for the love of Krath, scroll to the name of these forums.

I agree, especially about the part where you said "Game Over."

[TOPIC CLOSED]