Emperor's Hammer

Kraznor

04-03-2006 01:23:41

I have seen the robes on Emperor's Hammer's knock-off of the Dark Jedi Brotherhood and I think it would be awesome to have something like that with all the variations for each different rank and Order. What is the view of others

DStephens

04-03-2006 03:59:46

I have seen them, they are nice I will say that, but we are now getting a new robes system in place. Also I dont think we will be moving in the same direction as them. This DB is progressivly moving away from the old EH DB system. This new robe system for us as well as the Rebirth will help us do that.

DS

Sephiroth Kali

08-03-2006 19:22:07

DJB kicks EHDJB's a... butt

Halcyon

08-03-2006 22:50:39

The EH robes are much as our old robes were...they're static. Also, they're fairly gaudy...too over-the-top. With our new robes, we will have numerous features we can customize (much like we do with our lightsabers and warbanners). Also, our robes are much more functional in look and style

Shadow

09-03-2006 02:15:12

i am slowely warmin up to the new robes, i did like the old ones, but like halc says the new ones r more flexible

Kraznor

09-03-2006 04:53:53

I think that the robes need a more realistic texture to them, but the general style is quite good, except that it seems to me a bit to much like the Jedi robes, & as we are ment to be the binary opposite of Jedi's shouldn't our robes be more elaborate in order to seduce outsiders to the darkside?

DStephens

09-03-2006 05:09:06

Thats where our awards come in. With these new ones, and this is purely from hearsay, you can adorn your robes with your awards, I mean how cool would it be if you have something like an ED, to have it stuffed down in your sash, or otherwise with other rewards. Also Darkjedi wore plain robes much like the jedi, they were just darker.

Muz Ashen

09-03-2006 08:30:43

With these new ones, and this is purely from hearsay, you can adorn your robes with your awards

I'm afraid that this isn't really possible. to install each members various medals on their robes would take so many countless man-hours that it would have to be a coded in thing... And I don't even want to begin to think of how much of a nightmare the coding would be...

Plus, doing that would remove almost all the customization ability of the robes. Which I think people would like more (feel free to correct me if I am wrong on that one).

Anyway, imagine poor Arania's robes. She'd not be able to walk thanks to the four thousand pounds of medals. :P

Also Darkjedi wore plain robes much like the jedi, they were just darker.

Yes, they did. Which is why the DJK robes look so close to the Knight robes from the films. People like to forget the roots of this all...the films... as they get off on wild tangents and high ritual. And while there's certainly a place for that, it shouldn't be the central thrust of our system.

But that's not all that will be available for people to select.

The Project has 16 core robes total to work from right now. That's a lot, considering how many colors and other options that will be available. And it's likely that this number will jump to 20 before I am done.

And guess what kiddies... There's going to be other stuff besides just robes. GMRG people will have guardsman armour, there's going to be at least one military uniform and a flight suit selectable, and a bunch of other things to wear as time goes on.

So the customization capacity of the DB's robes system will be far more involved (and cooler, IMO) than the EHDB's rank-based static set.

Malik

09-03-2006 09:44:07

Well you also have to remember that looking too much like a dark jedi would prolly cause too much attention at times and I doubt you want that :P

Kaine Mandaala

09-03-2006 10:08:59

One thing to remember that hasn't been brought up, and it's something I don't think the younger members know - We came from the EH. The DJB as you know it today was originally the EHDB.

It's no accident that the two groups are alike. We were one in the same. We needed to stand out after the split which is why I pushed for the Warbanners and why I applaud Muz's efforts on the robes. The more we change ourselves, the more we distance ourselves from the EH roots, the better we become.

DStephens

09-03-2006 15:41:37

Lol thanks for the clarification Muz, robes still look cool to me, and yea your right with Arania. That much stuff on she could take a cannonball hit and keep moving.

Corran Force

16-03-2006 01:18:37

I can't wait to see the new robes Muz! :-) The temp robes are pretty sweet looking too IMO.

Xanos

02-04-2006 13:25:06

One thing to remember that hasn't been brought up, and it's something I don't think the younger members know - We came from the EH. The DJB as you know it today was originally the EHDB.

Bad Kaine!

Sister Organisation! :P

Not EHDB! No! No, no, no!

Scyrone

03-04-2006 20:49:08

Sorry but this is confusing me. Is there a difference between EH and EHDB and EHDJB?

Jaysun Adumarii

03-04-2006 21:33:09

Sorry but this is confusing me.  Is there a difference between EH and EHDB and EHDJB?

EH = Emperor's Hammer
EHDB = Emperor's Hammer Dark Brotherhood
EHDJB = Emperor's Hammer Dark Jedi Brotherhood

Halcyon

03-04-2006 21:57:39

Well...EHDJB has never been used through my knowledge. The DJB has, which is us (Dark Jedi Brotherhood)...we use DB and DJB interchangeably

Kaine Mandaala

04-04-2006 09:53:30

Well...EHDJB has never been used through my knowledge.  The DJB has, which is us (Dark Jedi Brotherhood)...we use DB and DJB interchangeably

Right.

EHDB & DB = Emperor's Hammer Dark Brotherhood

DJB = Dark Jedi Brotherhood (Us)

EHDJB is not an acronym that is used, since we switched from DB to DJB to seperate ourselves from the EH. We'll still call ourselves the DB, but DJB is the proper acronym since we aren't part of the EH.

And I don't buy that "Sister organization" bull[Expletive Deleted]. The EH had many sub-factions, and none of them were equal to Ronin's sandbox/best friends club known as the EH.

Sildrin

04-04-2006 14:10:50

Well you also have to remember that looking too much like a dark jedi would prolly cause too much attention at times and I doubt you want that :P

I am still waiting for my thong Dark Jedi outfit. That one with high heels, corset and fishnet stockings.

I doubt I will ever get it.

Sil

Muz Ashen

04-04-2006 14:17:02

/me debates playing a cruel trick on Sil.

Sildrin

04-04-2006 17:14:48

:quickly checks her dossier:

Ylith Pandemonium

05-04-2006 11:10:58

Interesting choice of robes Sil ^^;