What would the next three episodes be

smoke20

08-02-2005 00:37:12

Whats would the next three episodes be after Return of the Jedi?

Episode 7, 8, and 9

yacks

08-02-2005 00:54:54

I always figured that the original Thrawn trilogy would make excellent 7, 8 and 9 episodes.

Aidan Kincaid

08-02-2005 01:07:16

I think seeing the JK series done on film would be sweet... New Jedi Order, New Republic, Imperial Remnant, Rogue Dark Jedi factions, etc etc - good stuff :P

Welshman

08-02-2005 06:35:02

I'd have to agree with Yacks, the Thrawn triology would make excellent films. Lots of sstory and some interesting fleet battles :)

Halcyon

08-02-2005 10:33:01

The Thrawn Trilogy would be fantastic...but it'd never happen.

If there were 3 more episodes, Lucas would probably focus on the rebuilding of the Jedi...coupled with either a new nemisis or someone falling to the dark side that Luke was teaching

Kaine Mandaala

08-02-2005 12:41:20

Somehow I think the Thrawn Trilogy would only be one good film. I think there's a lot in it, but it'd be a stretch to make each book make one film. If anything I'd like to see a game, KOTOR-style on the Thrawn trilogy.

Though he approved it, I don't see George allowing any Expanded Universe book to become an official feature film. He'd have to write it himself - or at least claim he did - and it'd have to be over-the-top to the point of almost being campy for at least 2 of the three episodes.

If he were to make anythig he'd do what Halc just said - focus on rebuilding the Jedi. Maybe throw in there the Solo twins (even as a side plot) and the Kyp Durron fiasco. Maybe some of the Dark Empire stuff too.

Halcyon

08-02-2005 13:08:27

I could see him go with the Dark Empire stuff. Re-born Emperor and such with clones. That seems to suit Lucas better than anything Zahn did.

Sunflash

08-02-2005 15:40:59

Or maybe even the "Truce at Bakura" book. As that book was supposed to happen directly after Episode 4,5,6. However, I would like to see movies about the Vong series. That would be freaking awsome. Although it would probably be rated R, as it would have alot of blood, gore, and violence. YESSSSSSSS! :P

Kaine Mandaala

08-02-2005 16:05:32

Or maybe even the "Truce at Bakura" book.

I HATED THAT BOOK. It was the only Star Wars novel I bought that I didn't finish in a few days. In fact it took me about 11 months - that's how bad I thought it was. I read through Courtship Of Princess Leia, Darksaber, Crystal Star, Children of the Jedi, Corellian Trilogy, Jedi Academy Trilogy, Lando Adventures, Han Solo adventures, Tales of the Bounty Hunters, a handful of Young Jedi Knights books, and half the SW Encyclopedia before I forced myself to finish it.

Sunflash

08-02-2005 16:07:48

Yeah, I really didn't like it either, but it plays a role in one of the Vong books. However, it didn't take me that long to read it. ;)

Halcyon

08-02-2005 16:40:00

Crystal Star is my most hated novel. That thing is awful. And this is slightly off topic...someone make a "SW novel" topic :P

Raidoner

11-02-2005 08:26:55

The Thrawn Trilogy would be fantastic...but it'd never happen.

If there were 3 more episodes, Lucas would probably focus on the rebuilding of the Jedi...coupled with either a new nemisis or someone falling to the dark side that Luke was teaching

Never say NEVER when theres money to be made by Hollywood, if we have learned anything from Hollywoods History is that money calls the shots(like they are currently working on the next Indiana Jones). I also agree that the Thrawn Trilogy would be great, but the JK series would be the next chapter after "return O the Jedi".

Halcyon

11-02-2005 09:05:00

FIrstly, Lucas isn't Hollywood. He's actually made it well known he doesn't like to work within the Hollywood-way. Spielberg (sp?) is different, but both he and Lucas are good friends and hence their collaboration on Indiana Jones (which can be good, should they get a decent enough story).

I say the books will never be made into movies because we have already seen through the prequels that Lucas does not consider any EU sources. His stories are his alone. If the contradict with all of the various books and comics out there...oh well, sorry, re-write :P

I would absolutely love to see some of these books made into a new Star Wars movie...but they will never happen while Lucas is still alive and running the movie-side of things

Anonymous

11-02-2005 22:41:55

Actually Lucas has included EU-characters in Episode's 2 and 3. In Episode 2 there's a Twi-Lek Jedi, which is supposed to be some chick from EU books. Episode 3 is also going to have a EU character. I don't know anything about them details-wise, as every single Star Wars book is a piece of crap.

As for Episodes 7, 8, and 9, I think it would be stupid to make those. Lucas' original plans for 7 8 and 9 were to have Luke turn to the Darkside in ROTJ, and follow the exploits of his sister (who was not Leia originally.) Lucas changed all that, though, when he made Luke win as a Jedi and decided for Leia to be his sister.

Vodo

13-02-2005 23:56:47

The prequals are all interesting just for the fact you can go, "Aww, so thats how that happened". The original trilogy was good and got us all addicted to SW. 7,8,9 would be hard to do since all of the books writen about the twenty some years after the truce between the Galactic Empire reminants and the New Republic forces.

Film #7: Thrawn and the a brief note about daala would be in this movie, telling the struggles of the New Republic against its various enemies

Film #8: This would be the young years of the Solo twins on Yavin IV

Film #9: would have to be a whoper; chronicalling the solos in their young adults days, the opening conflicts with the Yhazen-Vong and the full scall take over and eventual recapture of the universe.

The Unifying force, which i must say was an excellent book, would be hard to make into a film, along with many of the post RTOJ EU books, but it could be done by a clever director with a large pocket full of someone else's money

Sith Bloodfyre

14-02-2005 01:57:43

Dark Empire would be better. Especially because it involves Luke falling to the Dark Side, Leia helping to bring him back, and with all the lovey crap Lucas has put into the prequel trilogy, he'd go hog wild on that junk. Dark Empire was a pretty decent comic series, though. Maybe even the rebuilding of the Jedi Academy, and the whole ordeal between Exar Kun corrupted Kyp Durron, and some of the other students, and all the crap that happened there.

Schisca

17-02-2005 15:56:51

some prelude movies would be cool where obi is a padawan, like those books. (forgot the name of the book series)

Xizor

19-02-2005 06:02:42

some prelude movies would be cool where obi is a padawan, like those books. (forgot the name of the book series)

No-more-prequels!

Halcyon

19-02-2005 10:06:34

I second that :P

*shudders at the thought of more prequels*

Well...unless they're of the Sith War or something...but that won't be happening :P

Schisca

23-02-2005 18:53:24

sith war would be gangster.

Kaine Mandaala

23-02-2005 22:47:47

KOTOR as a film would be cool, though I don't see it happening... ever.

Callus

18-03-2005 11:06:27

I always figured that the original Thrawn trilogy would make excellent 7, 8 and 9 episodes.

Yeah I agree with Yacks the thrawn books would make good movies as long as they don't screw 'em up like they do with some books that become movies (battlefield earth)

Jaymz

31-05-2005 11:55:53

It would be hard to make the next three episodes due to the literally thousands of Star Wars books and comics out that take place after RoTJ.

Spears

31-05-2005 13:37:28

There is only one real problem with making the Thrawn books into the next movie. That being Actors, not only would they have to live up to the characters in our minds but they also have to stack up to the actual actors who played the original Luke, Leia, Han, ect. As you clearly can not have the originals do it due largely to age and lack of desire to replay the parts (Harrison Ford what?)

Callus

01-06-2005 21:00:52

Ford's redoing his roll as Indy why couldn't he do Han? I understand that well Hammil looks like the hind in of a Hutt, Carrie's gettin all crinkly and stuff but with makup and digital editing they can do anything these days.

Did you know Lindsay Lohan is in an upcoming Disney movie and they said she was to "perky" so they used the computer to make them smaller. Weird huh?

But anyway lets face it... No matter how much we nerds want it to happen it's not so well */me cries* Now I feel better

Jaymz

03-06-2005 20:33:37

Oh well. We'll have to live with what we have here, thats why it was made

karrel

09-07-2005 17:00:34

I believe that if there WERE gunna be Episodes 7,8 and 9... It would be the rebuilding of the Jedi, but it wouldnt be the same. It might have the Solo Kids and the Skywalker kids running the Jedi Council. Some say that since Luke already has anger in him, that he will become the next Sith. Anyways, thats only a thought and stuff i heard. But George Lucas DID say he wasn't gunna do any more Star Wars Films.

Hey that gives me an idea... I want to be a movie director when i graduate... maybe I can hook up with George Lucas and persuade him to do 3 more movies.. eh? While Mark Hamill is still alive and stuff.

Aabsdu

10-07-2005 12:45:05

The Yuuzhang Vong Invasion would make great movies!! Have you ever seen their ships, their ships are acually alive. Weird..

Mike Halcyon

10-07-2005 13:07:29

Lucas has already said he`d (probably) do another prequel, this time focusing on the ancient times of the Old Republic more. Source is theforce.net.

As for any more sequels: You can be sure of two things:
1. They WILL be made. The calling of the money is too strong to not obey it.
2. They will ON PURPOSE counter anything from the EU. Lucas is a real SOB there.

So, yeah, some Jedi rebuilding here and there and some more crappy enemies. Bottom line is, we get more saber and fleet battles to watch.

Aabsdu

10-07-2005 13:18:13

There's suppose to be a script for a prequel movie that happens 88 years before The Phantom. The problem is that the only character we know that would be in it would be YODA.
:(

(Why is there no smiley for Yoda!!?)

Windos

11-07-2005 19:33:55

I'd be real keen to see ONE more prequel, around the Old Republic. As for three for sequel, I'm not too keen on seeing the JK series as the movies, but possibly as a side plot through the films?

Lucian

18-08-2005 13:26:57

I'd be real keen to see ONE more prequel, around the Old Republic. As for three for sequel, I'm not too keen on seeing the JK series as the movies, but possibly as a side plot through the films?

i agree i think that would be a waste i think they should be afer ROTJ when luke is dead it should be about a sith entity influencing a strong force user and guide him to the holcrons and restart the sith and he takes on an apprentice in the next movie then in the last movie in that trilogy have the master destroy some of the most power jedi then at the end have his apprentice slay him

Drodik alTor

18-08-2005 14:31:17

The series I heard was supposed to be nine episodes then it was cut to six, but if they're going to make another SW movie it should be steered away from the storyline in the current episodes, why mess with something good.

BriGuy

19-08-2005 05:14:47

*wants a Revan movie*

KOTOR pwnz.

'Nuff said. :P

Vardar

19-08-2005 16:49:08

Hm, there was an episode released the one with Kyle Katarn's adventures before JK2 (HAH! I have the audiobook :P). It was directed by Steven Speilberg.

Thing is it was never open to the public. It was exclusive on Holliwood for guests only.

Glory is fleeting but darkness is forever,

Vardar

Lucian

01-10-2005 17:35:46

i say another trilogy after Luke, well showing luke's death and have Ben skywalker carry on the legacy