If Luke obeyed his uncle

Anonymous

07-02-2005 16:42:49

If Luke had refused to help Obi-Wan with his mission, what would have happened? I am assuming that Luke would have died after the stormtrooper attack, but what would Obi have done?

khan

07-02-2005 17:50:28

The more interesting "what if" would be if Luke signed up at the imperial academy as he wished heh

Luke slowly walks toward the officer at the desk "Good Morning citizen, how may I be of assistance ? " the officer calmly asked the young Luke.

" I come to sign up at the academy Sir"

"So you want to be a pilot eh ? Good choice son, we always need pilots in the Imperial Navy" the officer took a datapad to record the boy bio. "Here, fill this form and give it back to me when you have do so we can complete your registration"

"Sure Sir " answered an excited Luke.

-few minutes later-

"Here Sir " Luke gave the pad to the officer.

"Very well, let's import this data into the main computer and we... huh.. with ??" said a puzzled officer after imputing the boy last name. A big screen alarm started to blink over his computer "TAKE THE SUBJECT INTO CUSTODY AND ADVICE LORD DARTH VADER ASAP"

The officer started looking at the screen and then at Luke, switching from one to another for few moments. " TK-203 arrest this one NOW !!! "

"But, but what have I .... " was Luke's last sentence before a stun ray hits him right in the face.

Luke woke up in a dark room, towered by the only person capable or shake the galaxy by only mentioning his name, Lord Darth Vader, Dark Lord of the Sith.

*well known breath sound* "Good morning son, we have lot to discuss".....

CyberGuy

07-02-2005 18:37:01

That would be awesome :D

Telona

07-02-2005 22:02:33

Yeah but no one knew Vader was a Skywalker except the old Jedi and Vader didn't know he had a son for the longest time. :P

Raidoner

07-02-2005 22:22:01

Luke would of died, Obi-Wan would never of gotten the princesses message(cause R-2 would of been destroyed by the Tuscan Warriors A.K.A. Sand People) and the Emperor's reign would have engulfed the Galaxy thus ensuring peace thruout the all the Imperial sectors of the galaxy.

khan

08-02-2005 05:15:52

Yeah but no one knew Vader was a Skywalker except the old Jedi and Vader didn't know he had a son for the longest time.  :P

*SPOILER WARNINBG !!*

Well, from what it looks by ep3 script, Anakin was aware of Padme's pregnancy as was Palpatine and being a smart mofo as he has been portraied in this pèrequel, I whould have SURELY put a warning of sort for names like Skywalker, Nabarie ( or wichever Padme's lastname is) and similar thing, just in case.

Welshman

08-02-2005 06:41:20

yeah and it owuld also have been a bit dodgey if word was too reach Vader and Palpatine's ears of a new Imperial fighter ace going by the name Skywalker.

Sunflash

08-02-2005 19:49:54

Luke would of died, Obi-Wan would never of gotten the princesses message(cause R-2 would of been destroyed by the Tuscan Warriors A.K.A. Sand People) and the Emperor's reign would have engulfed the Galaxy thus ensuring peace thruout the all the Imperial sectors of the galaxy.

Until the Vong came along. Then total hell would have erupted and well....... >:)

khan

08-02-2005 20:45:59

Unlikely. If we took for granted that Luke died with his uncle, nobody whould have been able to destroy the deathstar (it took a force user to do it =P) and after that a second one whould have been made, possibly a third and so on, as Palpatine pleased.
Now, even the Vough whouldn't have standed a change agaist the whole might of the Imperial Navy, and surelly not Vs 1 or more DS and some Executor classes. Why I say some ? Well, with Palpy ubber ego, what whould have stopped him to build MORE, just to remind to the galaxy who's running the show heh

Welshman

09-02-2005 06:53:54

yeah.It says in DEstiny's way that the empire would have mobilised their whole armada to deal with the Vong or alternatively they could have built a new superweapon known as the "Nostril of Palpatine" :P But then again oif the Vong ahadnt detected the turmoil that was present in the galaxy perhaps they wouldnt have invaded.

Xhedias

09-02-2005 07:44:10

I think luke would have been turned to the dark side and trainer under his father, and when the time was right they would kill palpatine and rule the galaxy as father and son. It would be great!

Kir

10-02-2005 12:06:51

I think the Vong would have lost to a still-powerful Empire. The Empire's vast resources in combination with its willingness to sacrifice endless amounts of lives (stormtroopers, pilots, etc), and a gigantic Navy would have devestated the Vong invasion. The Empire would probably have pushed into Vong territory and subjecated it as well.

Xhedias

10-02-2005 12:41:45

Yes, i think in one of the books, an imperial admiral said "if palpatine were still in power he would have crushed the first Vong toe that entered our galaxy." The sad part is i believe him :). The vong could have one if they adapted more to our technology that we used to destroy theirs :P. Alpha red....that was the coolest piece of chemical warefare ever, the books described its reactions on the vong so gory! it was awesome!

Súrion

27-02-2005 16:21:39

...I'm sad I was never able to find the last few books of that series.

Anonymous

02-03-2005 09:58:32

*SPOILER WARNINBG !!*
Well, from what it looks by ep3 script, Anakin was aware of Padme's pregnancy as was Palpatine and being a smart mofo as he has been portraied in this pèrequel, I whould have SURELY put a warning of sort for names like Skywalker, Nabarie ( or wichever Padme's lastname is) and similar thing, just in case.

SPOILER WARNING !!!!!:

In EpIII Palpatine does know of Padme's pregnacy, it is also Palpatine who wanted to get the kids from Padme because he knew they be a threat to him because they could bring Lord Vader back to the Light, (Yuck). Anyway Lord Vader also knew of the pregnacy and learned from Palpatine that his wife and unborn children were killed. Obi-Wan caught wind of this and knew Palpatine wanted to capture the children and raise them through the Darkside as Dark Jedi. So Obi-Wan being the goodie goodie he is hides Pademe away and takes Luke to his Step uncle's planet to be raised like his father was.

Now if Luke obeyed his Step Uncle, the droids would have been captured by the stormtroopers. Now according to imerial law, (If a trooper comes accross a man who can server, he will be arrested and sent to the Imerial Army traning camp) So Luke would have been arrested and trained in the Imerial Army. Now the name Skywalker would have come up, and Palpatien would have sent darktroopers to capture him so Luke could be trained as a Dark Side Jedi. Lord Vader would have caught wind of Lukes traning knowing Papatien was traning Luke to take his place. Lord Vader would have intercepted the arrest of the DarkTroopers Taken Luke and the circle would have been complete. Palpatine Lied to Lord Vader about his children and Wife. Lord Vader would have Lied to Palpatine and told him Luke was killed. Lord vader then would train Luke in the ways of the Dark Side as a Sith apprentance and they would have rised up as Father and Son, Killed Palpatine and controled the empire. Now that would leave Old man obi-wan and the midget Yoda to try to defeat the two strongest Jedi in the universe.

Luke would have met Mara Jade as Palpatine's hand, married her and they would have had Ben raised as a Dark Jedi. Think of it, the SW Universe would have been turned to the Dark Side if Luke would have just listened to his Step Uncle.....

Aerick

11-03-2005 16:09:07

Here's a fun "What If" scenario I ran across a while back, go to www.swrpgnetwork.com and do a search for "Darth Gadrel". It's a 6 part story of how things would have turned out differently for the Star Wars universe had Luke joined Vader at the end of The Empire Strikes Back. Fun stuff.

Gaius

11-03-2005 18:42:37

At some stage Luke would have killed Vader to gain complete control of the Universe, else, Vader would have killed Luke.

Khobai

12-03-2005 16:52:05

Had Luke turned to the darkside Vader would not have tried to kill him.

More likely Vader and Luke would have killed the Emperor together and ruled the Empire as Father and Son.

That's why Palpatine wanted them to fight eachother to the death.

khan

12-03-2005 17:19:09

Judging by what we'll see in Ep 3, Palpy is quite handy with a lightsaber, they whould have had a thougher fight then expected heh

/me rises "GO SIDIOUS GO !!" flag

Gaius

12-03-2005 19:16:41

The temptation of ultimate power would have called to them both, and one of them would have answered. Evil is Evil

Xizor

13-03-2005 07:52:05

Maybe, if the Emperor indeed died of Luke's and Vader's hand, they would have created a new Sith Academy, to train new Sith and bring back the Old Sith Empire, instead of Luke creating the Jedi Academy on Yavin 4.
That would have rocked. :P

Muz Ashen

15-03-2005 12:41:12

At the time of the OT, Palps has let his training slide. you never see a saber, and let's be honest...he would have used it on Vader when he was going to toss him down the shaft.

He no longer had reason to fight, having achieved his goals, and having decimated any who could harm him...or made those that could so reliant upon him that they did his bidding.

Palpatine got soft. The fact that a damaged vader managed to off his wrinkly arse speaks volumes.

"et tu, Vader?"

Remember that the first thing people in power do is often ensure that they will remain in power. Politicians work on re-election campaigns almost immediately after assuming office. Just as the rich always fight like all get out to get richer.

So a ruling Vader/Luke team would not have trained more, even if Vader did not know the rule of Bane (two at any time). Those would be too much of a threat to their absolute authority.

"But what about Mara Jade, or Xizor, or any of the other dark side adepts/inquisitors?"

Eu baby, eu. not canon. And even so...remember that palpatine had each of those little monkeys practically eating out of his hands..reliant on him for one thing or another...never dreaming of actually smashing palps head in with a brick and stealing his throne.

Callus

18-03-2005 11:07:58

The movie would have been a pile of boring [Expletive Deleted] is what would have happened. I mean duh whatelse could it have been?

Callus

18-03-2005 11:08:53

my "expletive" was deleated wtf is up with that?

Xhedias

18-03-2005 14:02:37

Yea the adepts were pretty much brown nosers, lets put it in terms EVERYONE will understand, nobody will kill the pope because everyone..."loves" him and needs him for guidance, the catholic peoples anway.

Konar

21-03-2005 05:17:44

Yeah. We LOVE the pope!

* gets a shotgun and goes to hunt the pope down *