Console extentions?

Sephiroth Kali

01-02-2005 12:32:46

Hello all. This is a question I have been wondering about for a while. Why should the Brotherhood stay on the PC? Wouldn't it make more since to allow other consoles to be used? Xbox, PS2, ect.

Mav

01-02-2005 13:42:49

Hello all. This is a question I have been wondering about for a while. Why should the Brotherhood stay on the PC? Wouldn't it make more since to allow other consoles to be used? Xbox, PS2, ect.

The DB has no rules against using things like XBox Live, etc, and I see no reason why activity on said consoles could not be awarded just as any other DB supported games are rewarded... So if you are playing SW:BF with some DBers, or JA, or whatever, talk to your leadership and let them know.

Someone could probably start a Xbox Live Guild or somesuch too, which would further promote the playing of such games. If there is interest, there is no reason to not allow it. *shrugs*

Xanos

01-02-2005 17:27:45

Yeah, there's no reason why you can't, in theory.

I suppose the reason why not is because most XBOX Live players tend not to be the sort who bother so much about joining a club. Still, it's entirely plausible.

Sunflash

01-02-2005 18:06:38

Good, cause I love X-box live. I would join a DJB clan if we had one for X-box live. That way I could finally hear what everybody sounds like. :D

Telona

01-02-2005 21:29:09

That could be scary. My biggest question would be how would you submit scores and such?

Oberst

01-02-2005 21:33:48

Faith? Digital Camera?

I wouldn't mind seeing it. Seeing as how Halo 2 is the only thing I play MP anymore...let's face it...nothing tops Halo 2. :P

CyberGuy

02-02-2005 03:46:03

Commander Keen tops Halo 2 by far! :P >:)

Like Telona said, it's pretty hard to proof scores... For many competitions they require a screenshot...

Alanna

02-02-2005 04:28:29

Xbox live - hurrah!

CyberGuy

02-02-2005 04:31:48

Xbox = Microsoft != hurrah! :P

Xanos

02-02-2005 05:20:23

How is it any harder to prove scores than on the PC? Do we take screenshots as proof when somebody plays a JO match or do we just take their word?

Its exactly the same. We presently take the word of the two people who took part in the match that they actually played. If anything XBOX Live is MORE secure as its almost impossible to try and modify an XBOX game with illegal hacks and patches.

Sunflash

02-02-2005 11:02:02

Why not? X-box is an awsome system. It has better graphics and some good games. I know microsoft does not have the best security in the world (I know cause I am a cmp nrd) but they have done well with Live, as it is probably one of the best inovations since 3D graphics.

Kaine Mandaala

02-02-2005 13:00:25

Reporting would be just as reliable as it is now.

Who knows - maybe it'd draw some of the console people to the DJB.

Can't hurt, right?

CyberGuy

02-02-2005 13:02:09

How is it any harder to prove scores than on the PC? Do we take screenshots as proof when somebody plays a JO match or do we just take their word?

Its exactly the same. We presently take the word of the two people who took part in the match that they actually played. If anything XBOX Live is MORE secure as its almost impossible to try and modify an XBOX game with illegal hacks and patches.

For smaller competitions we usually just believe someone, but for bigger competitions we often like to see screenshots...

Kaine Mandaala

02-02-2005 13:15:12

For smaller competitions we usually just believe someone, but for bigger competitions we often like to see screenshots...

I'm guessing that for a bigger comp there'd be reliable people involved in nearly every match. I think we should throw an informal poll out there about console ownership and usage.

And for the record I don't have any system that would qualify. :D

Xhedias

02-02-2005 14:09:55

That could be scary.  My biggest question would be how would you submit scores and such?

I know for Halo 2 there is a online profile for your user. In that it shows the date the games were played, the title of the game, and what rank you placed. That could possibly be used for the submitting of scores and what not. Since score goes by rank...

Shadonyx

03-02-2005 14:57:55

Real mature... just because something is made by Microsoft doesn't mean it automatically sucks. XBOX does have a fair number of good games that are enjoyable and very well done. I think XBOX Live! and similar online console options may be an avenue to begin exploring.

CyberGuy

03-02-2005 15:01:13

Real mature... just because something is made by Microsoft doesn't mean it automatically sucks. XBOX does have a fair number of good games that are enjoyable and very well done. I think XBOX Live! and similar online console options may be an avenue to begin exploring.

Come on, Belzy.
That wasn't meant to be that serious. I know pretty well that XBox has a number of good quality games.

I certainly won't mind if DJB gaming will get extended to console gaming, but I'm just thinking of the possibilities. I know we should be able to trust our members with submitting scores, but there have been plenty of false score submissions.

Shadonyx

03-02-2005 23:20:09

Come on, Belzy.
That wasn't meant to be that serious. I know pretty well that XBox has a number of good quality games.

I certainly won't mind if DJB gaming will get extended to console gaming, but I'm just thinking of the possibilities. I know we should be able to trust our members with submitting scores, but there have been plenty of false score submissions.

I think that cheating is a caveat one has to live with. As long as we do our best to prevent it and encourage honesty, I think that will deter a number of people from doing so. And for those that do, they'll eventually get caught.

Not to be off-topic, but has anyone played Fable on XBOX Live?

Aidan Kincaid

04-02-2005 00:05:40

Fable's a single player only game? All it has is XBox Live Aware which lets you know when your buddies, etc sign on so you can play an MP game.

Raidoner

15-02-2005 08:47:52

I think Esca is trying to form a Xbox gaming guild with in the DB, his post is up in this very forum.