Mandalorians

Shadow

01-02-2005 05:57:03

hey all you mands out there in the db, what the hell ever happend to the clan thing.

Kaine Mandaala

01-02-2005 08:27:54

There was supposed to be a clan? There are other Mandalorians?

News to me. :D

Kandos

01-02-2005 08:31:20

Well Raid was going to setup a guild or something but it never happened, you should ask him about it :bobafett:

Xanos

01-02-2005 08:49:21

The Dark Brotherhood doesn't need another family :P

CyberGuy

01-02-2005 09:09:06

Nope, cause we have the Entars!
The best family ever :D :P

Kir

01-02-2005 09:29:33

Hmm, and by "The one and only" Shadow, you mean "one of the many" Shadow's and "not the pimping Taldryan" Shadow....right? :)

Raidoner

01-02-2005 10:26:51

I Emailed Jac with the Idea of a Mandalorian Tribe, not a Familly. But he never responded to the email, plus when I tried to change my name to Raidoner Mandalore it was denied for some reason. Thus the tribe thing is underground for now. There are several of us, but we keep it real hush..hush, like the free masons do.
Right Kandos?

Sith Bloodfyre

01-02-2005 13:28:04

Hey Raidoner, your signature image will work better if you go in and change it to [ img ]http://www.members.aol.com/psytac/raid_banner.jpg[ /img ] (with no spaces), as opposed to what you have.

Kir

01-02-2005 14:00:33

Isn't the name Mandalore given to the leader of all the Mandalorian clans?

Mav

01-02-2005 14:08:26

I believe the Mandalorian idea was presented to Jac as a guild, and uh, Guilds are for games or platforms or activities, not really family-esque type things.

I'd personally prefer people not have a massive group of Mandalorians within the DB, as it seems somewhat far-fetched. But eh... :P

Sunflash

01-02-2005 15:27:15

That is true, cause then alot of people will become Mandolorians and we will just have one huge clan. It would be kinda like makin a clan just for humans and all humans have to be in it. Just a thought though....... ;)

Xanos

01-02-2005 17:19:07

Well, Mandalore would have been denied because its a canon name comparable to giving yourself the name Skywalker or Darth, more like Darth as Mandalore is sort of a title too.

Also, didn't we decide what to do with families months ago? Just before the GJW we had a huge committee discussion about it, I think it was Kir who wrote the final product which we all agreed on. It just got delayed until the end of the GJW... that ever going to see the light of day or did we waste our time just so some other poor souls have to go through the same pointless debates again?

Kir

01-02-2005 17:28:49

Yeah, Jac has the committees proposal (or if he doesn't, I'm sure I still have it around somewhere...I'm not sure how/when it is going to implemented though. I'll email Jac about it.

Aidan Kincaid

01-02-2005 17:52:27

I dunno I might be wrong, but mandalorians != force sensitive Dark Jedi?

Sunflash

01-02-2005 18:01:17

Hmmmm.....never thought about that. But why couldn't it happen? It is not like the Mandolorians are Force immune. I mean a Vong I could understand ( ;) ) but not a mandolorian.

Kir

01-02-2005 18:27:11

Alright, talked to Jac and Mav and you can find the Brotherhood Policy on families here:

http://gm.darkjedibrotherhood.com/policies/

Just go to that page and then download the "DB Policy on Families" .doc file, it has all the rules & regs for DB families in it.

Jac Cotelin

01-02-2005 18:29:10

http://gm.darkjedibrotherhood.com/policies/

Policy on Families is up there.

Jac

Xanos

02-02-2005 05:25:19

Mandalorians weren't always FS Jedi, think about Jango and Boba Fett, they were just normal nobodies at the end of the day.

And the old generation Mandalorians were effectively the army of the Dark Jedi, or the Sith Lords, or something else... uhh... wait for KOTOR 3.

Sephiroth Kali

02-02-2005 08:52:16

Why not have a clan of Dalthomire's? There'e natrualy Force sensitive and the Nightsisters are bad A$$.

Arania

02-02-2005 09:07:46

Because we don't have enough females. Especially not of that race.

Aidan Kincaid

02-02-2005 09:13:05

!= means doesn't equal as in I meant Mandalorians aren't Jedi. I've yet to hear of a FS mandalorian, and less so of one that would join jedi or sith.

Tarax Kor

02-02-2005 09:26:21

While I think it'd be "cool" to have a Mandalorian "clan" about the DJB, I just don't feel it necessary to divide up the members even more. We already have enough division with the clans/houses and the Families. Dividing it up even more would just cause confusion and irritability amongst us.

Sunflash

02-02-2005 10:57:10

!= means doesn't equal as in I meant Mandalorians aren't Jedi. I've yet to hear of a FS mandalorian, and less so of one that would join jedi or sith.

Why can't they be Jedi though? You haven't heard of alot of species that are Jedi. The Force is in everything, so why not? We do not even know what the mandolorians look like under their masks. (I don't think) For all we know they could be human or even ewoks on steroids. ;) Also, why wouldn't they serve the Sith or Jedi? They are warriors, so that makes them prime candidates for Dark Jedi. Soooo.....in other words, why can't they be Jedi.

Tarax Kor

02-02-2005 11:06:38

The Mandalorian Code of Honour is quite different than the Jedi Code. One cannot be a true Mandalorian and be a Jedi because their Codes will clash. Now, you could have a random mandalorian fart who doesn't know of the Mandalorian Code of Honour and becomes a Jedi, sure. :P

Aidan Kincaid

02-02-2005 11:09:01

Ya pretty much. Mandalorians kept to their own or became bounty hunters - mercanaries for hire. They don't believe in the ambitions of either Sith or Jedi so they would not be of either group. I'm just going from what I know Star Wars wise, which isn't much. I haven't gone beyond the movies and games but I've yet to heard of a FS Mandalorian :P

Sith Bloodfyre

02-02-2005 11:14:51

Well, in KOTOR at least, Mandalorians looked pretty human to me. I can't remember the dude's name right now, but the one guy that worked for the Exchange, that joined your party after, he was a Mandalorian. Then the guy who wanted revenge later in the game, he was too. And yes, some species are basically blind to the Force. There are always exceptions, but in most cases, that means maybe 2-3 people of the entire species. So basically, there wouldn't be a Mandalorian family much bigger than a three-way.

Besides that, it was said in KOTOR, that if Revan and Malak hadn't come in and trashed everybody in the Mandalorian War, the Mandalorians would've won. They don't need to be Force-Sensitive; they have a license to kick ass, and use it.

Xanos

02-02-2005 15:20:48

Well, the most important point to remember is Mandalorian isn't a species, it's a following. Being a Mandalorian is like being a Jedi, it just happens to be something you're born into or find yourself recruited into. They're usually just humans. The only qualification is being a kick ass warrior.

So, in theory you could have a FS Mandalorian, but why would you need one? FS people join the Jedi.

Tarax Kor

02-02-2005 17:11:20

Uhm... I thought Mandalorians were a Human subspecies type of thing. Maybe not, but that was the vibe I got off of them.

Hm.

Oh and Bf, the person you're thinking of is Canderos Ord. I probably spelt his name wrong, but it's something like that.

Xhedias

02-02-2005 17:39:06

Lets make Nightbrothers! that would be cool :P

And actually, most jedi during the mandolorian wars were kicked out of the order because they were "blood thirsty" and looking for war, much of this was true so they joined the mandolorians, and often rebuilding their lightsaber

Kaine Mandaala

02-02-2005 17:47:28

Well, the most important point to remember is Mandalorian isn't a species, it's a following. Being a Mandalorian is like being a Jedi, it just happens to be something you're born into or find yourself recruited into. They're usually just humans. The only qualification is being a kick ass warrior.

So, in theory you could have a FS Mandalorian, but why would you need one? FS people join the Jedi.

I was under the impression that Mandalorians were much like Corellians: Human, but different because of region. Much like how all the Asian counrties are all still humans, just regionally different - both physically and traditionally.

The character of Kaine Mandaala is a FS clone of a Mandalorian. He became a Jedi - yes, light side Jedi - through his experiences before the DJB/EH. When he learned of the remnants of the Empire he sought to join their ranks and see some real combat instead of the diplomatic garbage the Jedi were sent to handle.

So - is he a Mandalorian? Sort of. He was made as a copy of a warrior who died. He did not go through the training or life experience of a standard Mandalorian, but he is of Mandalorian blood. Is he a Jedi? In the same process that made Skywalker's clone "Luuke" Force Sensitive, Kaine has the power. He has also undergone training from both the Jedi Academy on Yavin IV and the Dark Hall.

Kir

02-02-2005 18:30:30

Ok I've figured it out...I'll post this and watch...Kaine will delete it w/o telling me why. Wait for it...wait for it...

Xanos

02-02-2005 18:47:34

I still see it Kir :P

But yeah, I suppose comparing Mandalorian to Corellian is about as good as it gets. We don't call Asians a different species to Caucasians. It's just a regional variation, not anything on the genetic level. Mandalorians were originally a similar sort of thing.

Though as their civilisation grew and then receeded it became more of a following than a sub-species. Mandalorian in the DJB Era is the same as the Sith. Maybe it was originally a species, but it isn't anymore.

Anshar

03-02-2005 19:03:58

To answer the question asked much earlier, or to add to it, there are dozens of people who identify themselves as Mandalorians. I've seen it in character histories I've had to approve and in several Tests of Wisdom.

Xanos

04-02-2005 06:29:15

I know.

And each time I see that I shake my head and think it should be denied for the same reason as other non-approved species. If Mandalorians were official as a species they'd appear in the Ultimate Alien Anthology that features 180 different Star Wars species right down to the most obscure things you'll never have heard of or think "who the hell cares about those?".

In theory someone should put Human (Mandalorian) if anything. Corellian isn't a "species". It's like saying your species is White. Your species is Human, whether you're White, Black, Asian or whatever else.

If nothing else, I think Mandalorian should be treated the same as a lot of other minor groups and factions in Star Wars, where we require a good reason and explanation as to HOW you think you're a Mandalorian, as in our era and setting there aren't any more Mandalorians. To my knowledge Boba Fett never had kids, meaning there aren't any genetic Mandalores.

However, Clone/Stormtroopers were not bred to be impotent and there's at least one example of a Clonetrooper getting a woman he meets pregnant. I don't really know if those can be judged Mandalorian or not. Even if they are, it's Mandalorian to the extent Jango Fett was Mandalorian: which is to say, not Mandalorian.

Sith Bloodfyre

04-02-2005 11:19:51

Two things here, that come to my mind.

1) Just like some whackjobs say they're Jesus, or the reincarnation of Malcolm X, or any other weird nonsense, maybe these "Mandalorians" think they are. Maybe in their eyes, they are the remains of what used to be a great civilization of warriors. Maybe they are, mayb ethey're not. The rest of the DB might not believe them, but it could all be a state of mind for them.

2) Who cares if they put "Mandalorian" as their species, as long as everyone realizes, Mandalorians are just basically base humans, who refer to themselves by another name?

Xanos

04-02-2005 12:30:26

I'm just saying given the amount of work that seems to have been invested into the CRAPS Species guidelines. I can't say I'm a big fan of the amount of work that's had to go into something that I feel so trivial to begin with, to then not use it...

If we're going to have guidelines, we should at least stick to them.

Especially because people who claim to be Mandalorian usually also claim to be super human, super strong, super fast, with unheard of skills such as infra-red vision, night vision, unnaturally fast healing and other things.

Kaine Mandaala

04-02-2005 13:23:33

Especially because people who claim to be Mandalorian usually also claim to be super human, super strong, super fast, with unheard of skills such as infra-red vision, night vision, unnaturally fast healing and other things.

I'm not claiming to be any sort of superhero... just the Force Sensitive clone of a man trained in the Mandalorian ideals of warfare. But you're quite correct - people think that claiming to be the same race variant that Boba Fett was means they're some sort of X-Men member.

Kandos

04-02-2005 17:12:09

On my Character Sheet I put in Human/Mandalorian as they a pretty much the same. Surely if you have some background for how you are Mandalorian it doesn't matter.

btw Boba Fett wasn't Mandalorian in the original background for Star Wars, they changed it for some reason when they made Episode 2.

Aidan Kincaid

04-02-2005 17:55:29

Was Jango a "real" mandalorian though? I thought they were pretty much extinct. He was just a really good bounty hunter that adopted the feared name like a title?

Kandos

04-02-2005 18:00:25

I can't remember......however I do know that in a characters book I have it says something similar to that for Boba Fett but they have changed it with EP2.

From playing Knights of the Old Republic there were some Mandalorians around during that time period but not in huge amounts.

Kir

04-02-2005 18:11:17

I'm pretty sure that Jango/Boba Fett aren't Mandalorian. I think they just used the armor to add to the mystery surrounding them and help their Bounty Hunter image.

As a matter of fact you don't really hear anything about the Mandalorians in Empire-era Star Wars...could this be that between the time of Kotor II and the late Republic era the remaining clans died out? Or did they unite and move to some corner of space to appear later?

Kandos

04-02-2005 18:27:38

Most likely they all left or there are so few of them that they aren't really important any more.....

Xanos

04-02-2005 19:03:44

There have been some background stories written about Jango Fett. He was the last survivor of the Jedi war against the Mandalorians.

Geez... that sounds familiar.

A few years before Episode I the Mandalorians had a war against the Jedi Order and were totally destroyed. Jango Fett was the last one. By this time the Mandalorians were basically an elite force of hired mercenaries.

Kandos

04-02-2005 19:18:12

So basically the background for Mandalorians has changed so much that nobody knows what has happened to them....

Shadow

05-02-2005 11:01:44

can i just add to kandos's point that i would very much like to burn lucas for changing fett. burn him lost with gallons of petroll and straw with added napalm

Halcyon

05-02-2005 11:18:04

He still has to pay for Jar-Jar and midichlorians or however it's spelt :P

Kandos

05-02-2005 11:40:34

There should be a list of things he has to pay for

Raidoner

07-02-2005 08:37:49

Like I said the Mandalore Clan with in the DJB is an underground subgroup that is held with great secresy and only we its members know its secrets!!!!!

Kandos

07-02-2005 08:46:32

erm...so how do we recruit people then???

Mav

07-02-2005 10:57:04

Like I said the Mandalore Clan with in the DJB is an underground subgroup that is held with great secresy and only we its members know its secrets!!!!!

You best not be serious, Raidoner. We don't look kindly on "underground subgroups." :P

Xanos

07-02-2005 12:24:46

Subgroup?

Alright.... a mass extermiantion of all Mandalorians is in order.

Subgroup.

*spits*

Spears

07-02-2005 14:50:42

From what I have seen it all depends on how you define "underground subgroups." If you define it as a bunch of slap arounds with nothing better to do then spam the spam boards all day then they are definatly an underground subgroup. :P

Although on just about any random day of the week there are more than enough slap arounds around here that fall into that :-P

Xanos

07-02-2005 15:47:58

I define subgroup as something with the term subgroup in it.

'nuff said.

Its a subgroup. Kill it!

Raidoner

07-02-2005 22:01:39

LOL! The greatness of it all is the way things get stirred around and consern grows with in the hearts of even those in high possitions! I love it I tell ya! but Spears is right we only dwelled in the old Spam board and pretty much just ragged on ourselves, The idea of a secret Mandalorian subgroup with in the the DB is solely a roleplaying thing that was only practiced in the old Spam board, which now wont be any fun since the old spam board is gonna be totally emty. But im sure that Kandos, Requite & I will find a way of having Mandalorian fun in the new Spam board. So sorry to dissapoint all that wanted to play Inquisitor and hunt folks down, but there is no conspiracy or threat to the fabric of our DJB. Just a bunch of extremely bored guys that snapped on everyone that posted in the Spam board, ultimately havent to snap on each other from lack of Spammers. :blink: