Dark Jedi Code

Revenant

06-07-2005 06:50:13

I have recently uncovered the complete code of the Dark Jedi, rather than just the first four lines on the front of the Shadow Academy pages. the code is as follows...

There is no peace, there is anger.
There is no fear, there is power.
There is no death, there is immortality.
There is no weakness, there is the Dark Side.
I am the heart of darkness.
I know no fear,
But rather I instill it in my enemies.
I am the destroyer of worlds.
I know the power of the Dark Side.
I am the fire of hate.
All the universe bows before me.
I pledge myself to the darkness,
For I have found true life
In the death of the light.

Mike Halcyon

06-07-2005 07:05:05

Pfft.

Aidan Kincaid

06-07-2005 07:07:07

That is one of 2 codes... and you can find the full versions all over the internet. The first few lines are the ones usually used/quoted because remembering the entire thing would be a bit difficult. If you've played the Kotor series games the ancient Sith Code is:

Peace is a lie
There is only passion
Through passion I gain strength
Through strength I gain power
Through power I gain victory
Through victory my chains are broken
The Force shall set me free

Revenant

06-07-2005 08:34:46

yeah, i always took the code of the Sith to be seperate from the code of the dark jedi though. Krath or obelisk would hardly use the Sith code, would they?

Xanos

06-07-2005 12:22:03

Yeah, the Sith Code is different to the Dark Jedi Code.

I dunno if it's there anymore but if it is you'll find the Dark Jedi Code on the SA page of the DSC.

Taigikori

06-07-2005 14:42:13

Heh, m' kay.

Xanos

06-07-2005 17:58:45

I'm actually curious come to think of it of where that code comes from... I'm not sure if its a byproduct of the old "J3D1 R Ub3R G0D5!" WEG RPG era or whether its just fan made. Its so common I would assume its got an official background, and its style and composition seem to point at the old WEG RPG because it talks strongly about the clearly defined lines between dark and light, something modern Star Wars literature tends to blur more, but I don't know.

It wouldn't surprise me if it were entirely fan made either though, its very cliche. "I am the Heart of Darkness! FEAR MY L33TNESS!" kind of thing. If its got a background though its definately an older one from the WEG era as dark side is capitalised, and its never capitalised in modern literature. I don't even know for certain if it was capitalised as Dark Side in the older WEG stuff though I have a subtle feeling it may have been in a few sourcebooks.

Anyway, uber geek commentary over.

Tyrus

06-07-2005 19:36:10

you know, theres a sith code, maybe for a comp for my battleteam ill do a krath code? has that been done before? and if its good i can submit it to telona and maybe she'll put it on the krath site?

the one that revenant said is the one form the book "Star Wars Revenge of The Sith", by the way, thats a damn good book.

Aidan Kincaid

06-07-2005 21:00:00

Revenge of the Sith is a fairly new book, and that code has been around for years and years. As for a Krath Code or Obelisk Code you may want to talk to the Order Leaders about that.

Xanos

07-07-2005 10:08:33

Krath and Obelisk codes would be nice actually, but, yeah, as Shadow says, you'd want to talk to the Order Leaders, as its more likely they'd want that to either be specially commissioned by one of the main DSC authors or run it as a full DB comp.

Ood Bnar

27-07-2005 17:34:36

why would we want to have a special code for Krath and Obelisk. I like it like it is right now, let the sith show of if they need to show their gandeur by having their own code than that is fine. the other orders show their grandeur by actions instead of a few words!

kraval

27-07-2005 18:47:46

why would we want to have a special code for Krath and Obelisk. I like it like it is right now, let the sith show of if they need to show their gandeur by having their own code than that is fine. the other orders show their grandeur by actions instead of a few words!

you seem to forget kido, with out us sith, you would be in a bit of trouble. besides, krath don't take action, all they do is read books and look at old artifacts. and arent the krath supposed to be the masters at word use :P

Mav

28-07-2005 14:25:57

If the other Orders wished to adopt a Code, they would be allowed to. As Shadow suggested, it'd be a good idea to talk to the apropriate Order leader about such a plan.

The Codes would need to reflect the differences in the Orders, yet still show how each of our Orders draw primarily on the Dark Side.

Codes could help define the differences between the Orders easier, as well as flushing out from where they draw their power. Sith draw on passion; what could the other Orders draw on?

Tyrus

28-07-2005 15:28:07

obelisk would possibly draw on lust for battle, (if you have a better term for that i would like to hear it :P) and krath more or less knowledge...but that is my opinion

Xhedias

28-07-2005 15:33:49

The Codes would need to reflect the differences in the Orders, yet still show how each of our Orders draw primarily on the Dark Side.

Codes could help define the differences between the Orders easier, as well as flushing out from where they draw their power.  Sith draw on passion; what could the other Orders draw on?

Well said mav, but the order leaders would have to make sure that their codes don't fall into the kind of stereotype we are trying to flush from the orders.

Xanos

30-07-2005 18:27:21

In my pile of stuff to do I've put down a Force Philosophy Shadow Academy course which might actually be able to give people ideas of what sorts of angles the different Orders could take to approach the Force. There are various subtle differences in how you percieve the Force, which in turn affect the way you draw on it, which is probably what the biggest difference would be between the Orders.

More to come when I'm less exhausted and more awake.

Lucian

20-08-2005 13:15:16

That is one of 2 codes... and you can find the full versions all over the internet. The first few lines are the ones usually used/quoted because remembering the entire thing would be a bit difficult. If you've played the Kotor series games the ancient Sith Code is:

Peace is a lie
There is only passion
Through passion I gain strength
Through strength I gain power
Through power I gain victory
Through victory my chains are broken
The Force shall set me free

thats the sith code not dark jedi

Ood Bnar

20-08-2005 16:44:55

thats the sith code not dark jedi

of course that's the sith code. it says so in the quoted part! this is the dark jedi code

There is no peace, there is anger.
There is no fear, there is power.
There is no death, there is immortality.
There is no weakness, there is the Dark Side.
I am the heart of darkness.
I know no fear,
But rather I instill it in my enemies.
I am the destroyer of worlds.
I know the power of the Dark Side.
I am the fire of hate.
All the universe bows before me.
I pledge myself to the darkness,
For I have found true life
In the death of the light.