Pillars of raiding-3 important factors to raiding.

Varoth

27-01-2012 17:42:29

This is a philosophy in the making and many may add or take away factors. Basicly I would like for raiders to view a raid requiring 3 major catigories. These catigories are Dedication to gear, Dedication to your class, and Dedication to knowing the fights.

First off we'll touch base on a players dedication to getting gear. Getting gear allows a player to take, do, and heal more damage. a player with good gear is much more likly to be great then someone with less then good gear. If you are a serious raider then you must work to become better and in turn the raid will become better. Dalies and running HM FPs are a great way to grab new and improved items and not come to raid with....greens....ewwww i know i know i said it. greens... YUCK! we must be dedicated to gearing ourselfs up so that by the time we are full swing into raids. we'll have sound gear(126,136,140 items lvls!!!!)

The 2nd pillar to raiding is one's dedication to their class. you can have the best gear in the game and still be out dpsed by a under-geared player because you don't know how to play your class. it is very important to be able to play one's class so you can help yourself and the raid by being as efficent and effective as possible. I'm continuing to incourage players to help each other work on rotaions and share knowledge so we all can learn out to play our classes to the best of our abilities and be seccessful.

The 3rd pillar is dedication to knowing the fights. or in other words. RAID AWARENESS! A player could do the most damage and have the best gear, but if that player pulls aggro often,doesn't understand the fight, or never attackes the right target. then they can be as good as dead. The raid leader should give many oportunities to players to ask questions and better understand the fights for both OPs and FPs.

All in all these 3 pillars of raiding are very possible to fullfill. a little bit of work to get your gear, learn your roation, and learn the fights can go a long way and not only reward you with more loot, more boss kills, but even bragging rights when your dps is the highest because you where Geared, Knowledgble, and Aware!