Neverwinter Nights Module Updates

RoriBeedm

25-02-2005 00:56:05

Got a pretty good start on the day, no creatures to slaughter as of yet, so I'm not loading it up. I am however working off an old Anphillia Module so I have to thank the Anphillia crew for all their hard work. I've adapted some of it's scripting and ripped out the existing maps and clan structure. I will be instituting my own form of clan control in the future. I have also already begun work on the first planet. I will be focusing on Lyspair, home of the Shadow Academy, first and probably work out two or three maps prior to beginning work on the Orian system.

I will most likely begin work on Tarthos since I have the most ideas about it's layout. The "Cathedral" on Tarthos will be fully constructed as soon as I recieve a new map for it and I will be working on each planet in the Orian system before I even consider working on outside aspects. Also I would appreciate a map of the Ludo Kressh fortress in the asteroid of Dentavii if someone feels like doing something to help. I'd prefer maps of both bases or writen descriptions before I begin work on them.

Anywho. work is well on the way so give me a hand if you can. If the QUAs wanted to make official competitions to get the bases mapped out that might get a better result.

RoriBeedm

25-02-2005 15:05:59

ok Death Scripting is almost completely done, outside the Shadow Academy I have three areas, one area with enemy encounters, one with resources, and one with both including a minor boss type creature and a chest. I am planning on putting in an insect area beyond the boss battle and past that we'll see what I feel like putting in. I am also contemplating expansion in other directions on the map.

RoriBeedm

25-02-2005 19:50:41

OK I've been recieving PMs from people who are curious as to what the heck is going on here.

Basically it's this. I am working on a multi-player module for the RPG Neverwinter Nights. The module uses both expansion packs and in the future will require the CEP (Community Expansion Pack). The module involves currently the Shadow Academy and the land immediately around it (or my personal representation of the world around it), some caves, and a single store. I have plans for the scripting for multi-clan support and once I have sufficient maps created I will institute the base building scheme and place the module online for CNS to beta test. if all goes well I plan on having at least three planets partially mapped out by the end of March, and hopefully the full Orian System mapped out by mid-may at the latest. I also plan on working on Antei when I get descriptions of the planet itself, I don't know if I've just been sloppy in my search for information or if it's not out there, but that's something for down the road. I plan on doing the full Dark Hall on Antei as described in the compendium with doors scripted the way it is described in the compendium: clan keys and dual keys required to get into the main power room.

Anyway I hope this has answered most of the questions people have who see this and don't know what's going on. if there are any further questions either PM me, e-mail me at Max_Sterling_2k4@hotmail.com, message me on IRC in #naga_sadow, or find another way if you can.

RoriBeedm

26-02-2005 20:56:34

Ok there is now more than one world in the module. Dentavii is completely done (easy since it's exclusively caves for the HLK base and nothing else), Sepros is a single map that exists only to tie together the rest of the Orian System, and Lyspair is still the starting point on the whole module, I have another map on it done, haven't tested it yet though so I am not sure how it is working. I believe I have the transportation system setup correctly at the moment I only tested it in the early phases so I will be checking it again soon.

Module may even be up by the end of next week unless something unforseen occurs to interfere with my work.

RoriBeedm

04-03-2005 14:27:08

Sorry for no updates recently. The module has taken a back seat over the past week as I have gotten hooked on KotOR2 again. Finished it twice and I'm on my third run-through working up through the difficulty levels. Already did a sentinel/sith lord, a guardian/weapon master and I'm now working on a consular/jedi master. I'll probably do one more run through as a sentinel/sith assassin then I'll be back to work on the module. got a few new plans for things and as soon as I am back on the job I will be digging in hardcore and should have a lot done by the end of the month.