TOR Republic Guild

Raiju

01-07-2013 19:32:14

Hey Everyone,

As promised, here is an open forum for the Republic Guild conversation. Please feel free to use it; share with us your thoughts on the topic, what your character name(s) is/are, and what you desire from the guild to be active.

Putra

01-07-2013 19:45:20

There has been some talk of starting a new guild, I believe this would not be productive, the house should try to take control of the leadership either as officers or as lieutenants. The new Fist should open up applications for Guild lealership position for those active members of the house and guild who are interested.

My character is Sarwono, am currently a level 17 Jedi guardian

OP Putra-

Kal

01-07-2013 20:07:09

Hey folks.

I'm a Lieutenant in the Republic Guild now; if you're an Odanite and want in, message me; I'm on there as Liam'm. We'll be working on activity and working with FIST staff to figure out chains of command, so for now, obey the
Summit on rules and regs unless FIST staff tell you differently.

Come play with us!

A'lora Kituri

01-07-2013 23:34:23

So long as we have an active Officer in the Republic guild (With little to no restrictions for inviting members and promoting them to member status), I see no reason to start the guild anew. Once a new Fist is selected, we will begin polite discussion with the Fist staff members to see about opeining up the guild leadership slots in favor of a more active leadership, with the Fist staff's permission.

That said, I cannot express enough how important it is to have an active guild leader, or at least someone who has equal permissions and access to managing the guild's membership (As a decent alternative.) Being a former member of the Knights of Odan-Urr guild since the early access launch (As well as beta) of Star Wars: The Old Republic (As well as the last of the active membership to leave at the time,) I can honestly say that inactive leadership was the root cause of the Republic guild's downfall. While the last leader of the guild was one of our more active members (And one of our best leaders), a number of factors contributed to our move to join the Chosen Order (Of which I will not discuss here.) One of my primary concerns that also degraded from my previous experience was the 'alt guild' status the guild was given. Given that thia is the Dark Jedi Brotherhood, I have found that not many members were interested in playing light-side aligned characters (Despite my attempts at recruiting active members from the Imperial guild.) Given these things, I believe we can work with the Fist staff to promote the Republic guild, and all that it has to offer. All of this being said, I believe there are a few points of interest to discuss:

How can we promote activity in the Republic guild? (Inactive 'alternate' characters not included)

How can we encourage members to choose Knights of Odan-Urr as their 'Primary' guild? (A guild for 'main' characters)

Membership organization? (Officer ranks, Recruiter ranks, management of general membership, etc)

Web-based guild planning? (Should we open up our own, separate forum? Zetaboards and Enjin are both good examples of free providers. Enjin will also grant a free Mumble channel to use as a voicechat program, as well as a calendar and progression tracker.)

Event planning? (Goes with the previous topic. How many people do we have that would be interested in a steady, committed (Able to be online at an appropriate time) operations group at levels 50-55?)

WTB bulleted lists.

VanWyck

04-07-2013 01:47:20

Hello Brothers and Sisters
Are we actually going to begin a guild on TOR for our House? If so I am seriously in, my characters name is VanWyck which is also the name of my Legacy as well. Let me know how to join if your serious about establishing a Guild for Odan-Urr please.
OT VanWyck

Putra

04-07-2013 02:46:13

there is already a official Guild for tor called knights of odan urr, whisper liam in game to be added. Its a republic/lightside guild so make sure u have a republic character.

Kaayn

10-07-2013 07:50:50

One thing that I've noticed (and that has been brought up in this thread) is that there isn't anyone on to add new members to the guild. As previously stated, we need active officers that are available to add members to the guild as necessary.

Valkish Ebonvar

22-07-2013 11:19:36

I am a Lt. is the ODU guild in TOR. My character name is Vancelo. I try to be on as much as I can, and I have been waiting to talk to Archangel as I want to reinvigorate the guild as it has become stale. Whenever I am on, I am usually the only one. Talking with DJB guild leaders they told me that the main reason for ODU being that way is no active raid parties. Anyway, anyone wanting in I can invite you just send me a in-game whisper.