Competition: Arcona Cryptogram

Orv Dessrx

28-02-2007 21:06:52

Alrighty, here's a competition for my fellow Arconan's!

RULES

What's a cryptogram?
Well, its shuffled message where each and every occurrence of a particular letter is substituted with a different letter of the alphabet. For example: "that" might be encoded as "zqtz." It is important to note that letters in the encrypted message will never be the same letter in the decoded message.

How is this competition being run?
Very simple, there will be 5 cryptograms that will be posted 5 times throughout the week. 1 per day for the first 5 days. Do as many as you can as fast as you can. For each puzzle submitted, the points work as follows: 1st submission (5pts), 2nd submission (4pts), 3rd submission (3pts), 4th submission (2pts), 5th submission (1pt)

Winners:
The 3 highest point totals will be declared the winners!

Important Note:
None of the cryptograms will have the exact same letter substitutions.

Send Submissions to:
borkweb+djb@gmail.com

CLARIFICATION
In the actual competition I might have worded something a little oddly regarding points. Here's the deal, the 1st submission for each puzzle gets 5pts. The 2nd gets 4pts, the 3rd gets 3pts, etc. If you happen to be the first to submit each puzzle, you'll get 5pts for each of your submission. If you happen to submit 4th for one puzzle and 1st for another and 2nd for the rest, you'll get 2pts, 5pts, and 4ptsx3 respectively.

PUZZLES

I'll be posting the puzzles at different time each day to try to give people in different timezones ample opportunity to get the same point totals as others.

Puzzle 1

MGDC DHMECD'Z IHOYAVP EUTH MGDC ZMPEGDT VDGDIOCDT ZVTDBZ UEGYATZ IE IPT RTROMDIOEC ES OIZ ATAWTHZ. LT DHT DC DADJOCKGF RTROMDITR KHEYV ES RDHB XTRO, ZITDRSDZI OC IPT RDHB DHIZ, YCOITR LT LOGG RTUDZIDIT DGG EVVEZOIOEC. OC IPT YVMEAOCK HOKPI ES ZYVHTADMF LOGG WTKOC ZPEHIGF DCR ECMT DKDOC LT LOGG WT MDGGTR IE RTSTCR IPT PECEH ES EYH MGDC! UOMIEHF OZ OCTUOIDWGT OS EYH VDHIOMOVDIOEC MECIOCYTZ DZ OI PDZ...DCR OS FEY MDC HTDR IPOZ ATZZDKT, IPDI ZVTDBZ UEGYATZ IE FEYH VTHZOZITCMT DZ LTGG DZ D GDMB ES D ZEMODG GOST. GEG, GEZTH!

Translation: Clan Arcona's triumph over Clan Scholae Palatinae speaks volumes to the dedication of its members. We are an amazingly dedicated group of Dark Jedi, steadfast in the dark arts, united we will devastate all opposition. In the upcoming Right of Supremacy will begin shortly and once again we will be called to defend the honor of our clan! Victory is inevitable if our participation continues as it has...and if you can read this message, that speaks volumes to your persistence as well as a lack of a social life. LOL, loser!

Puzzle 2

WD HYTHXYXZWUD IUY ZVT CHBUSWDJ YWJVZ UI OCHYTSXBE XDQ ZVT JYTXZ RTQW PXY, WZ WO ZWST ZU QCOZ UII EUCY NTEGUXYQO XDQ OZYTDJZVTD EUCY SUCOT VXDQ. HPDXJT PWFF GT UD UCY OWQT XO PT QUSWDXZT ZVT UHHUOWDJ QXYN RTQW. JXSWDJ - IYUS RU ZU GIWW ZU XBB IWBZWUD - WO ZVT NTE TFTSTDZ WD ZVT YUO XDQ JRP. ZVTE XYT XYTXO UI UHHUYZCDWZE ZU XFFUP XYBUDX ZU TABTF XO PT QWQ WD ZVT YTBTDZ ITCQ...UV XDQ PT PWFF TABTF! ZU JXWD UHZWSXF OZYTDJZV WD EUCY XYTXO UI BVUWBT, OWJD CH IUY ZVT XYBUDX ZYXWDWDJ FTQ GE OXOVXY, SXFWQWY, LXDQYU, XDQ ZWSTYUO; ZVTWY ONWFFO PWFF XWQ CO WD GTBUSWDJ FTXD, STXD, JXSWDJ SXBVWDTO! FTZO COT TMTYE XQMXDZXJT PT VXMT XZ UCY QWOHUOXF! DUP ZVXZ W'MT OXWQ XFF ZVXZ, VTYT XYT OUST YXDQUS OHXBT IWFFTYO: GTWDJ OKCWYYTF-VXDQTQ GYWDJO OTAWDTOO ZU ZVUOT ZVXZ BVUUOT ZU XBBTHZ WZ. TSGYXBT ZVT HUPTY UI ZVT OKCWYYTF. BVTXZ BUSSXDQUO, YUBN, YUBN UD!

Translation: In preparation for the upcoming Right of Supremacy and the Great Jedi War, it is time to dust off your keyboards and strengthen your mouse hand. Pwnage will be on our side as we dominate the opposing Dark Jedi. Gaming - from JO to BFII to ACC Fiction - is the key element in the RoS and GJW. They are areas of opportunity to allow Arcona to excel as we did in the recent feud...oh and we WILL excel! To gain optimal strength in your areas of choice, sign up for the Arcona training led by Sashar, Malidir, Zandro, and Timeros; their skills will aid us in becoming lean, mean, gaming machines! Lets use every advantage we have at our disposal! Now that I've said all that, here are some random space fillers: Being squirrel-handed brings sexiness to those that choose to accept it. Embrace the power of the squirrel. Cheat commandos, rock, rock on!

Puzzle 3

SZFZ'B ESZ CZHQ. ESPB AJOWZEPEPJD PB H BPOWQZ CPBEFHAEPJD HB GZ WFZWHFZ NJF ESZ BJOZ BGZZE XZCP VHEEQPDR HAEPJD. JDAZ KJM BJQUZ ESPB WMLLQZ, ESZFZ'QQ VZ EGJ OJFZ WMLLQZB...YZZW ESZ HDBGZFB AJOPDR! EJ WMOW KJM MW NJF FJB, SZFZ PB H QPBE JN GJFCB ESHE GPQQ CZBAFPVZ JMF CJOPDHEPJD JUZF JMF JWWJDZDEB: EFPMOWS BMVXMRHEZ UHDIMPBS CZNZHE GENWGD VHEEZF VZHE CZBEFJK SJ-BQHW JVQPEZFHEZ BQHMRSEZF BWHDY. ESHE PB ZDJMRS. KJM RZE ESZ PCZH. NJQQJG ESZ ASMFAS JN VJFY HDC KJM GPQQ DJE RJ GFJDR!

Translation: Here's the deal. This competition is a simple distraction as we prepare for the some sweet Jedi battling action. Once you solve this puzzle, there'll be two more puzzles...keep the answers coming! To pump you up for RoS, here is a list of words that will describe our domination over our opponents: triumph subjugate vanquish defeat wtfpwn batter beat destroy ho-slap obliterate slaughter spank. That is enough. You get the idea. Follow the Church of Bork and you will not go wrong!

Puzzle 4

AI WRO DFXW GLTTDO A ZOIWAMIOE WRO VRLCVR MK PMCN. GOCRFGX QML FCO SMIEOCAIU SRFW WRFW AX OJFVWDQ. ZFQPO QML EM IMW VFCO. AW VMLDE PO WRFW QML FDCOFEQ NIMS...SODD, XWKL. A FZ UMAIU WM PO WODDAIU QML FIQSFQX. WRO VRLCVR MK PMCN LIAWOX LIEOC WRO SMCE WRFW PAIEX WRO LIABOCXO WMUOWROC, F SMCE...IM...IMW YLXW F SMCE, F SFQ MK DAKO WRFW GOCZOFWOX WRCMLUR MLC BOCQ POAIU. AW XLGOCXOEOX WRO KMCVO FIE AX MDEOC WRFI WRO UFDFJAOX. AW AX FDD WRAIUX QLZZQ FIE WFXWQ. AW EMOX IMW XZODD PFE MC WFXWO DANO VFCEPMFCE. AI XMZO VACVDOX AW AX PODAOBOE WRFW PMCN AX ZLVR DANO F JQDMGRMIO. FVWLFDDQ, AW AX IMWRAIU DANO F JQDMGRMIO, A YLXW SFIWOE WM LXO WRFW SMCE AI WRAX GFCFUCFGR. WRAX AX FDD UAPPOCAXR FIQSFQX. PMCN AX FSOXMZO WRMLUR. BMWO KMC GOECM.

Translation: In the last puzzle I mentioned the Church of Bork. Perhaps you are wondering what that is exactly. Maybe you do not care. It could be that you already know...well, stfu. I am going to be telling you anyways. The Church of Bork unites under the word that binds the universe together, a word...no...not just a word, a way of life that permeates through our very being. It supersedes the Force and is older than the galaxies. It is all things yummy and tasty. It does not smell bad or taste like cardboard. In some circles it is believed that Bork is much like a xylophone. Actually, it is nothing like a xylophone, I just wanted to use that word in this paragraph. This is all gibberish anyways. Bork is awesome though. Vote for Pedro.

Puzzle 5

R UX QGUPPF OKQQF UAKEV VNUV PUOV BEWWPG. RVO OGCRTGOO SUO PULDRTJ, R'X MEOV QETTRTJ KEV KI QUTZKX BUQUJQUBNO VK SQRVG. R VNRTD R NUHG IEPPF GCNUEOVGZ XF VUPD KT VNG QRJNV KI OEBQGXULF UTZ VNG JQGUV MGZR SUQ...KN! R NUHG TKV ZROLEOOGZ JIC KQ NUTZ ZQUST UQV. QEXKQ NUO RV, VNRO BPUFO UT RXBKQVUTV BUQV RT VNG LPUT LKXBGVRVRKTO XELN PRDG JUXRTJ (UPVNKEJN XKOV PRDGPF ETZGQ-QGBQGOGTVGZ RT VNG JQUTZ OLNGXG KI VNRTJO). RI FKE NUHG UTF ODRPPO RT VNRO UQGU, AQRTJ VNGX VK VNG VUAPG! PGVO QKLD VNG ZMA SRVN KEQ XUZ UQVOF ODRPPW, FK. NGQG RO U QUTZKX OGV KI LNUQULVGQO VK VNQKS FKE KII: QVV FWC BIIV GSBUQG. VNUTD FKE, VNRO RO UPP. AKQD.

Translation: I am really sorry about that last puzzle. Its sexiness was lacking, I'm just running out of random paragraphs to write. I think I have fully exhausted my talk on the Right of Supremacy and the Great Jedi War...OH! I have not discussed gfx or hand drawn art. Rumor has it, this plays an important part in the clan competitions much like gaming (although most likely under-represented in the grand scheme of things). If you have any skills in this area, bring them to the table! Lets rock the DJB with our mad artsy skillz, yo. Here is a random set of characters to throw you off: rtt yzx pfft ewpare. Thank you, this is all. Bork.