Who is stronger of the types of dark jedi?

CERBERUS

16-10-2005 15:18:26

Ok what type of the three types of dark jedi is stronger huh?personally i think the sith are stronger but let us see what you think post afrter here please.

Ark Dowell

16-10-2005 15:48:58

Go Kraths!

*Tosses great American literature books at everyone*

Personally, I think Kraths are the best for they are the most manipulative. Heck, a Dark Jedi Master who is a Krath could manipulate enemy politics so that a Civil war breaks out and weakens his foes.

Meh three and a half credits...

Hitokiri Bokuzen Mifune

16-10-2005 16:43:52

I've been all of them, and I gotta say that the Sith are the best, because Dark Jedi strive during wartimes, and history always remembers the tactitians that win wars.

Quejo

16-10-2005 17:17:48

They may remember the tacticians but they dont remember who actually spilled the blood so therefore the Obelisk have my vote for the Sith would rather do battle politically when we actually duke it out.

Malik

16-10-2005 17:24:26

krath are manipulative? look at palpatine... shows that the sith are better than the krath even at their own game and as for fighting... look at vader or maul... I think Sith is a clear winner here :P

Devani

16-10-2005 19:21:13

I agree with Malik, while Krath specialize in deciet and undermining, and Oblesisk as great warriors, Sith are the combination of them both as well as awesoem tactitians and leaders. The Sith will live forever...

Kaelin Ring

16-10-2005 21:58:12

What use are weapons in comparison with the force? An Obby wouldn't get close enough to a Krath to use his weapon, and the Sith's mix weakens them to both Obby and Krath. I guess it just depends on your way of thinking. You all have valid points... but I'm right!

Ceric Crimson

17-10-2005 16:53:26

I back Devani. Its like comparing Jedi Councilor, Jedi Sentinal, and Jedi Knight; the Sentinal has the better of both qualities, force and skill.

Basically, if your a Sith, then you can be either 'Krathish' or 'Oboliskish' in demenar...or both.

Malik

17-10-2005 19:40:29

another proof that Sith is just that much better... Sith is the only one that's never been completely destroyed.

CERBERUS

17-10-2005 20:58:27

When I posted this topic i didn't think it would get so much attenion.Well the Sith are winning and could someone tell me how to put a bar graph in?

Ark Dowell

18-10-2005 13:22:25

Yes, Palpatine was all three. His politics made him Sith, his manipulation made him Krath, and he was able to kill 2 Jedi Masters at the same time. It was in one of the DV issues...

Ceric Crimson

18-10-2005 15:05:47

Yes, Palpatine was all three.  His politics made him Sith, his manipulation made him Krath, and he was able to kill 2 Jedi Masters at the same time.  It was in one of the DV issues...

That piece about two Jedi at the same time...that was so bogus. I mean, sh*t, he took them out like...like they were novices or something. And then there was like a fifteen minute fight with Mace(all time fav. Jedi, thank you very much). Mace is cool and all, but...WTF?! If he took out a couple of Jedi that easily, why did he get whooped by Mace?

Halcyon

18-10-2005 15:17:17

Although there is still a debate on whether Palpatine allowed himself to be beaten or was actually beaten by Mace, don't forget that Mace himself was probably the most deadly jedi at the time, having mastered a saber style that hinted at the dark side.

Devani

18-10-2005 15:19:31

Not to mention Mace's Jedi ability would have been far advanced of those two Jedi Palapatine dispatched so easily, after all he was on the Council, unlike they were (at least I didn't see them in the Council)

Ceric Crimson

18-10-2005 15:20:22

All I'm saying is that the other Jedi went down like rag dolls. It made it seem too...I donno, weird?--when suddenly Mace started whooping him. I mean, they could have at least given an effort to parry or something...stupid Jedi.

Halcyon

18-10-2005 15:21:20

Person to blame for that would be Lucas... :P

Kaelin Ring

18-10-2005 23:10:44

But if you can't touch your foe, how can you win. Think about it. If a person could pull lightning from his hand, make himself super fast, hold you in place w/a thought, or all out control your mind, how would you fight? Krath all the way.

I heard Lucas had less say in 1-3 than in 4-6.

Ark Dowell

19-10-2005 13:38:14

Well, I prefer Krath. But we all have opinions. And besides, orders don't matter anymore.

And yeah, the part where he killed the two Jedis was spoofed.

CERBERUS

19-10-2005 18:43:14

Well to anwser that look at what mace did he used his lightsaber to defelt it back a palpitine and if it was not for Darth Vader then palpitine would have died by lighting.(FYI he died like that in the end when he was put down that saft by the same person who helped him kill mace,talk about irony!)

Kaelin Ring

20-10-2005 00:40:16

No kidding. I'm amazed at how much crap the producers added. All the "love" scenes, or most at leaste, were their idea.

Ceric Crimson

20-10-2005 17:40:19

Yeah...I'm sorry but I really can not see how the new ones can even begin to compete with the original three. The only thing that I really liked about the new ones was the saber fights...maybe some of the music, but that's pretty much it. I mean...it really didn't add anything amazingly new to my knowledge.

Though, I must concede that, Mace made it all worth watching.

Sildrin

24-10-2005 15:35:35

The Sith may be the one sitting on the throne. The Obelisk guards the throne.
But it was the Krath that put the Sith onto the throne.

>:)

Devani

24-10-2005 16:43:19

I dunno...it always, and don't jump on me for this, that the Sith were the purest form of Dark Jedi.

Kaelin Ring

25-10-2005 22:55:46

Krath'd kick your Sith AS$!!!

Ceric Crimson

27-10-2005 21:10:17

Pft! Please, if there is one thing that a Krath can't do, its kicking A$$.

Kaelin Ring

28-10-2005 00:13:24

And how would you beat a Krath like Ark?

Devani

28-10-2005 01:33:29

Here's how my bro described the jedi types to me and I must admit I laughed: Obbies-gay, Sith-Bisexual, and Krath-straight. I think he's mixed up tho: Sith-straight, Krath-gay, Obbies-Bi

Ark Dowell

28-10-2005 18:10:36

And how would you beat a Krath like Ark?

In t3h ACC? Easily accomplished if he puts his mind to it.

Kaelin Ring

30-10-2005 12:41:21

Well technically... if it was a Krath and an Obby... Krath would use the force to crush the life out of him/her.

Sith are confused in every way. They don't know if they want to focus on physical or force powers, so they dabble. They will never reach their full potential.

CERBERUS

30-10-2005 15:05:37

Well sith can train in both and reach the full potenial in both fields so sith all the way.While when it comes to hand to hand obbys beat krath,but not sith.But mentally krath kill obby,but not sith(good example palpitine).So when it comes right down to it I chose the one who can weild both sides.SITH ALL THE WAY!!!

Kaelin Ring

30-10-2005 15:26:25

I'm Krath, and I'm willing to bet I can beat you senseless...

Ark Dowell

30-10-2005 19:20:19

I'm Krath, and I'm willing to bet I can talk you senseless... The power of language, y'know. :P

No, really, in RL, I can drone on and on for an hour without a subject. ^_^

Devani

30-10-2005 20:36:03

LOL, wow that's talent, y'know? Kinda reminds me of someone I will not name. *co(revaan)ugh* Mmm...excuse me. :whistling:

CERBERUS

30-10-2005 23:33:06

Well you might talk me senseless,but there is little chance of beatting me senseless.A Sith doesn't talk,they don't have time to talk.They have time though to beat the living sh*t out of someone though.The sith might be a dying race.But they always come back.The obby's have never done that.The krath haven't done that.The Sith was the first,and will be the last to still be around when the Jedi have killled you all.(if they can.They are freaking weak man).
(side note)I like your avatar to it looks awsome.

Devani

31-10-2005 02:12:27

Thank you CERBERUS!

Gaidal Dupar

31-10-2005 09:47:13

Even worse, the Sith are the ones who are actually part of the SW universe and archenemies of the Jedi. Krath are a copy of Sith, with less action and politics of power. They compensate that with more manipulations and Force sorcery. The Sith are pure in their form, while the Krath pretend to be Sith and try to be more. They simply can't succeed. Sith adapt to probably ALL circumstances. We know, because they were wiped out almost completely several times in the past. Still, for every Sith killed a new one rises. It's like Kreia told the Exile in KOTOR 2.
What about the Obelisk? Despite an original name and the behaviour of a true warrior, I never found any history about them. I've serious reason to believe that they are not even part of the official SW universe. In that case they can never succeed the Sith.
Besides the official context, one should take a look at the characteristics of three types. Like others said before, the Sith are probably the strongest, because they have knowledge of BOTH disciplines and that makes them the dominant and agressive leader types. Advisors can be replaced and warriors are expendable and get themselves killed in action. So I would like to refer to the motto of the House of Ziost, part of no longer existing Clan Exar Kun: 'Sith make the messes, Krath write about it and the Obbies clean it up.' I rest my case O-) .

Halcyon

31-10-2005 10:09:12

Obelisk are a creation of the Dark Brotherhood. They were created when Jedi Knight first came out so that there would be an Order dedicated to that platform. So you won't find any information on the Obelisk other than here really.

Kaine Mandaala

31-10-2005 10:26:01

Obelisks don't "clean up" anything. They make as big a mess as any Sith. It's all a matter of perception, really. Sith, from a role playing aspect, are supposed to be a balance of physical and mental power. Obelisk concentrate on physical, Krath concentrate on mental.

As Halc said - the Obelisk were made up to reflect a game platform. The DJB doesn't adhere to the 'order standards' anymore, mostly to stop people from order hopping for the sake of playing a certain game (or not playing anything). Way back when it mattered, a Sith was expected to only play TIE Fighter(then X-Wing vs TIE Fighter, then X-Wing Alliance), Obelisk only played Jedi Knight (Then Mysteries of the Sith, Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast, Jedi Academy) and Krath only wrote stories and poems.

Sith = TIE Fighter/XvT/XWA
Obelisk = Jedi Knight/MOTS/JO/JA
Krath = Fiction

Ceric Crimson

31-10-2005 19:50:02

Nice, Gaidal. Nice. B)

I'm glad SOMEBODY appreciates my new avatar...and by the way Jin'ei, thats my favorite of all the avatars you've had :D

Then I will be sure to keep it. Forever!

Devani

01-11-2005 17:02:07

Mmm...thank you. A Sith, in balance with everything, would be sure to use everything in her power to manipulate others. (gotta keep it from being too spammish)

Ceric Crimson

01-11-2005 17:36:02

I couldn't concure more...we Sith are just beasts. Wild...Crazy...Beasts.

Tuskani

03-11-2005 18:33:48

Well you might talk me senseless,but there is little chance of beatting me senseless.A Sith doesn't talk,they don't have time to talk.They have time though to beat the living sh*t out of someone though.The sith might be a dying race.But they always come back.The obby's have never done that.The krath haven't done that.The Sith was the first,and will be the last to still be around when the Jedi have killled you all.(if they can.They are freaking weak man).
(side note)I like your avatar to it looks awsome.

May i point out Count Dooku, Sith, never shuts up when he fights. Quite the charmer.

Ark Dowell

03-11-2005 20:52:36

Honestly, does any Sith shut up when the fight? No offense, y'all, but Darth Maul was the only Sith I've seen in the movie that 'talks' with his lightsaber.

Communication
With a sizzling red blade
Is the true Sith way

EDIT- That's a Haiku, by the way, for anyone who didn't realize. No it's not Spam... <_<

Kaelin Ring

03-11-2005 21:21:02

DEVANI AND JIN'EI STOP OR STAY OFF THIS TOPIC.

Next question:
Say a Master of the Obby/Krath ways switched to the opposite Krath/Obby. Would they be stronger or the same as sith?

Are all of you sith or what???

P.S.
I was an Obby so I'm good enough to beat the crap out of you with a piece of poultry, Cerebus.

CERBERUS

03-11-2005 22:04:58

Now I take that as a insult.You might have been an Obby.But your Krath now so stick with the mental stuff and leave the physical stuff to the Sith that have the guts to go out an fight and rule empires.By the way if you wish to see guts let me show you, yours, in a steaming pile on the floor.At least I can say this for Obbies,they go out and fight at least.Even though it is cleaning up our messes.It is still fighting.Now as to your question that would be a fight.Now here is a question for you.
Who would win a Sith train as a sith and as a obby.Or a Krath training as a obby?

P.S.
That was funny with the communitcation thing.
P.S.S
Now see what you made me do you made me be rude d*mnit!

Dam...It's finished.

Oh and before I forget it is spelled CERBERUS duh..It is in my name!!!

Kaelin Ring

04-11-2005 12:53:03

I have the best of both worlds... or will soon. This is all just a joke anyways. Krath, Sith, and Obby are always bickering about who's stronger. It all comes down to your activity in the DB. All groups have very active members and people who do nothing so there's no use in arguing over it.

Cerberus, it was a typo, I know how to spell your name, but I was in a rush.

I'll do what I want, its all for fun anyways.

Tuskani

04-11-2005 13:09:53

I have the best of both worlds... or will soon. This is all just a joke anyways. Krath, Sith, and Obby are always bickering about who's stronger. It all comes down to your activity in the DB. All groups have very active members and people who do nothing so there's no use in arguing over it.

Cerberus, it was a typo, I know how to spell your name, but I was in a rush.

I'll do what I want, its all for fun anyways.

"I'll do what I want." Now there is a qoute i have seen from you before. :P

Kaelin Ring

04-11-2005 15:26:39

I wonder where??? Its like I broke out of my shell.

I just want to know who, if you all are to be believed, made the Sith "the strongest". Why would they create a group that is "better" than the others, instead of balancing their power, by limiting how much they can master a certain aspect of the DB world... if you catch my meaning.

Kaine Mandaala

07-11-2005 21:54:38

The Sith are the original Dark Jedi. Krath - in the SW universe - came from people who wanted to be like the Sith. Obelisk, as established before, are made up for the purpose of representing JK in the DB under the EH. So in short - Sith are the most powerful, the best at being everything evil simply because they were there first and contain EVERYTHING the three DJB orders represent.

Devani

07-11-2005 23:06:26

And of course, no one should argue with Kaine! :fear:

Kaelin Ring

08-11-2005 00:03:48

Next question: What order are you Kaine?

Kaine Mandaala

08-11-2005 08:29:32

Next question: What order are you Kaine?

I'm currently Obelisk. I have been all three at one point or another. Plus, I'm only a rank away from GM. Some say Dark Prophet is equal to Grand Master without the title and responsibility. You could argue that I represent all three just like the GM.

And of course, no one should argue with Kaine!

No - you shouldn't. But the point of my post was to answer his question - essentially "what makes Sith the best?" Since no one else was answering him (20 total spam posts later, deleted) I stepped in.

Krath and Obelisk are more like aspects of Sith, concentrating on a small part of what makes up the ancient Dark Jedi sect. From the DJB's point of view, they needed an easy way to seperate the different activities. From a fictional standpoint it really gives the DJB members an easier way to role play out their characters and include others' characters. Much like D&D classes, we determined that Sith act a certain way, so the majority of Sith act that way. Sure, there are some people who are different, but the guidelines in place give an outsider some idea as to how the member's character perceives the universe.

With how wordy Xanos is, you'd swear he was Krath - but he's Sith. This goes against our preset class type, but it is not wrong of him to be that way. You can be any of the three and act in any way you feel your character is best, but the preset traits are a great starting point for someone new, or someone who wants to include another member's character in their story (but isn't familiar with them personally).

Kaelin Ring

08-11-2005 18:42:59

I get it. But why should we give Sith the bragging rights? I think the strength depends on activness, not Order history.

CERBERUS

08-11-2005 21:16:50

Well then I don't think we have been properly introduced yet Kaine.Hello I am CERBERUS, and as you may already have figured out I am a Sith.So what rank are you currently? :zorro:

Halcyon

08-11-2005 21:50:14

Kaine is a Dark Prophet? The rank right below Grand Master. In other words, he could kick everyone's ass here (including my Dark Adept arse) without blinking :P

Kaine Mandaala

08-11-2005 22:46:19

Not that I would... though as a DP I could probably take out a horde of DJK's like Anakin vs the Bear Clan. You can learn more about the wonders of Kaine Mandaala by hitting "View Dossier" under my avatar.

Anyhow...

...why should we give Sith the bragging rights? I think the strength depends on activness, not Order history.

You are correct to an extent. Activity would give one rank, adding to power. A KAP is far more powerful than a Sith JH. Just from that perspective alone the Sith are no better than anyone else. From here on out think of them as equals. Regardless of order, a DJK is a DJK unless they make some RPG-type changes in Rebirth (which I imagine they will, especially in the way of points being allocated towards attributes).

Kaelin Ring

09-11-2005 00:51:15

Ok. Will do, sir. I wasn't exactly arguing with you... just trying to understand the workings of the DB a little better. Thank you.

Diablos

10-11-2005 11:50:14

That has educated me somewhat, not that it is hard to educate me.

Ceric Crimson

11-11-2005 14:08:05

Communication
With a sizzling red blade
Is the true Sith way

Very nice, Ark. Very nice.

The Sith are the original Dark Jedi. Krath - in the SW universe - came from people who wanted to be like the Sith. Obelisk, as established before, are made up for the purpose of representing JK in the DB under the EH. So in short - Sith are the most powerful, the best at being everything evil simply because they were there first and contain EVERYTHING the three DJB orders represent

Very enlightening, Thank You.

Wes Biriuk

19-11-2005 07:08:10

Sith is the only true Dark Jedi form. Both Krath and Obelisk where parts of the Sith regime in the beginning. Each Sith was fanatically religious and respectful to their masters and forefathers. They also practiced the Dark Arts of the Force. They were THE best fighters with a lightsaber as their days were spend studying each form and perfecting them.

Obelisk in reality would be like cannon fodder... think the British mind set for the Australians in WWI...

Krath would be the Intelligence, researching, but not doing much in the battlefield

Sith are the real heores, the stand-out fighters, the ones who get Victorian Crosses or Purple Hearts. They are the guys willing to do anything at any cost, but remember, it is all for personal glory.

All-in-all, Sith win...

[EDIT: Sorry, can't spell]

Yukimura Ansatsu Mifune

19-11-2005 22:10:48

just one question, how could someone be a real hero if all they care for is personal glory. i thought the objective in any war, battle or conflict is to go in, complete your mission(s) as quickly as possible without taking any casualties and then get out. if a warrior fought for personal gain, then they would not worry about the combatant right next to you

Wes Biriuk

20-11-2005 00:22:54

Yes, but the Sith psyche is self-centered.

Think Achilles. He was a great warrior. The best of the Greeks, and better than Hector, the best of the Trojans and their allies. He made the chioce to sacrifice his life for glory over a long life with a wife and a family to carry his name.

This is the way of the Sith. As being a Dark Jedi, you will look after those you trust/love (Achilles and Patroclus, Anakin and Padme), and would die for a trusted member of your clan, so that your name be remembered for what you did.

Shirai

20-11-2005 00:39:02

I agree, the Sith are brave warriors, but they fight to protect the thins the love. The Sith conquers all the orders, because look closely at what thw Sith do. They fight for love, to protect, and for the honor. Krath just focuses on wining in the mind, Obelisk do it politcally, but the Sith master all of those.

GRD Galaphile Elesendil

Syrus Korodin

26-11-2005 12:45:54

-ominous chuckle-

Might I remind you all that knowledge of the force trumps all physical abilities. As proof of the greatness of krath...I point at Trev.

-points wildly at Trev-

Kaine Mandaala

26-11-2005 18:47:54

This is all just relating to the DJB's corner of the SW Universe - Sith are kind of Half Obelisk, Half Krath.

Oh and the next time I have to delete 10 posts to remove an off-topic "conversation" I'm going to suspend people. You know who you are.

Kaelin Ring

27-11-2005 14:26:40

My appologizes, sir. If Sith can do both so well, then why have Krath or Obby? Wouldn't that make them pointless? I still believe true power comes from individual activity and skill...

Halcyon

27-11-2005 21:35:13

As stated before, we had 3 Orders because of the various platforms we used (remember, we made up the Obelisk). Since we no longer associate a platform with an Order, they are now used in an RP aspect with each Order having its own little niche.

In overall SW lore, Sith are the greatest. Within the DB, we're more or less equal.

Kaelin Ring

28-11-2005 12:43:54

Oh well, whatever. I guess there's no point in arguing with Sith. They are all so aragent. And apparently I can't spell. Thanks for the info, outie!

Diablos

28-11-2005 12:58:55

He's right ya know, I'm a sith and I'm really, really arrogant.

Kaelin Ring

28-11-2005 13:25:29

YOU'RE SITH? I can't believe you, Diablos.

I swear I'm not spamming. Just one second more.

Is there any way to trac the activity of the three Orders so we can set up a statistic of who is generally more active? To mehself: SAVE! :P

Halcyon

28-11-2005 15:23:23

No, there's no way to "track" that. And being in any one order means nothing about your activity. It was just a choice made for what someone liked to be more.

Diablos

28-11-2005 17:57:13

I changed to sith so I could stay in HOO, Octavian asked me to.

Kaelin Ring

29-11-2005 11:42:33

I still think that it would be cool to see which orders, currently, have how much activity, so then when it turns out to be Krath I can tell the Sith to shove it!

Are we still a Sith House?

Diablos

29-11-2005 12:57:41

No, but we were then, obviously.

Kaelin Ring

30-11-2005 10:50:23

So if you wanted now, you can change to krath?

Diablos

30-11-2005 11:28:53

I would assume so, but orders mean nothing anymore.

Ceric Crimson

30-11-2005 16:26:09

Thats the impression that I got since nobody is limited to just one type of action...like Krath don't have to just write. Its basically just clans that matter now.

Halcyon

30-11-2005 16:35:12

Orders are more for your own personal characters in terms of RPing

Ceric Crimson

30-11-2005 16:39:58

Right. And clans...well...how exactly do you get placed in one? I mean, I know you have the ability to switch clans at will, but how do they determin where you go when you first join? Or is it just who needs more people?

Kaelin Ring

02-12-2005 13:02:30

And can you choose the house you go in?

Halcyon

02-12-2005 13:18:28

I do think there is an option to request to join a Clan/House...not sure.

However, there's a little formula currently that determines which Clans/houses get the new recruits based on factors such as size, etc...

Kaelin Ring

02-12-2005 13:26:55

How's it work?

Halcyon

02-12-2005 19:29:06

It's coded into the site. It automatically placed people according to that little formula (I don't know the exact specifics of the formula).

It wasn't working properly before, the code itself still putting people from a certain order in a specific house. Due to the multi-order houses we have now, Jac re-coded things to make it work properly.

Kaelin Ring

04-12-2005 22:33:30

So it's working now? Could I, for kicks, get that formula? Just to see if I can understand its mechanics.