Opening Of Archanis

Fire-Knight

06-01-2007 00:37:35

With the opening of Archanis, Taldryan is now once again in the spotlight as the ONLY Full strength Clan!!! Congrats Crix and Zarco on the opening, and to all who join Archanis!!

Remember... TAL PWNZ!!!!

Werdna Elbee

06-01-2007 11:39:49

You do realise that it's just a redistribution of the numbers we have and this is more born from the fact that Crix has deserved a QUA job for a while?

Andan Taldrya Marshall

07-01-2007 13:02:27

Reopening Archanis is somewhat a redistribution of members, if just the summit transfered over and there were no members in the house besides the APPs that we were assigned then the house would have a very very slow start at best. So we're allowing people to transfer to Archanis to give the house a chance; besides, there are people in Tal who were around before the split and called Archanis home and we want to let them go back to that house.

I'm flattered that you think that I deserve a QUA position, but the discussion about reopening Archanis actually started because Ekky had too many people looking for DJK and higher promos and we didn't have enough things for them to do. We were lucky enough for Taldryan to be in a position to reopen a closed house, both in the sense that we have enough members to make the house work without completely draining the other two and in the sense that we had potential leaders for the house and replacements for any leaders who were coming from the other house summits. We saw that reopening Archanis would give us room to promote three people into summit positions and a few BTLs, depending on who took summit positions; because we didn't see any other option that would give us that kind of result, we went for it.

The reason why Archanis is looking like "Ektrosis II" is because, as you've correctly seen, all of the summit is coming from Ektrosis. I'm not sure if you mean it, but there's an underlying thought that Dinaari was shafted in this, so let me explain why there aren't any Dinaari people on the Archanis summit. When we agreed that reopening Archanis looked like a good option, all of the summit started looking at which members could be put on the Archanis summit. We looked at Ekky and Dinaari but we saw that there were more people who were qualified in Ektrosis then Dinaari and that Krav and Odium wanted to keep those people that were qualified in Dinaari, in case anything happened.

In addition, Archanis is going to look a lot like Ekky policy because while I was AED in Ekky I'd made Ekky look a lot like Archanis, policy wise. I know that there are a lot of people who weren't around when Archanis closed and the time before that, but those of you who were can see the similarities if you look at things like Ekky's Trials. So Archanis looks like Ekky II because Ekky was really Archanis II.

Werdna: If you have any other concerns about Archanis then please feel free to contact Duga and myself about them (and the new PCON, if there is one when you do this), we'll be glad to explain anything or answer any question that you have about the reopening.

Werdna Elbee

07-01-2007 13:36:54

Me? I only call it Ektrosis II as a joke.

You're right. Everyone who was promoted to the summit has deserved those positions for a long time now. Ektrosis has done a very good job of training up it's members and now they are finding their progress stilted because of a lack of open spaces. This is entirely the right thing to do.

If I did have a complaint, it was that Dinaari has not done a similarly good job at this ...despite my pleas, recommendations and sacking.

Vodo

07-01-2007 14:14:58

I put forth that Archanis and Ektrosis team up to form a holy alliance to steal Dinaari's mojo.

oh yea baby...

yea...

Hel-Pa Sklib

09-01-2007 21:19:54

*Hel-Pa Sklib fwaps Vodo in the back in the head*

Vodo

09-01-2007 23:23:31

Honestly! Who throws a shoe?

>.>

I mean hits people in the head...

Shouldn't you be on myside for this? Being that you were once Ektrosian, and are now Archanian? I mean, its in you times two! You know you want Dinaari's mojo... I know I do...

Hel-Pa Sklib

10-01-2007 17:45:11

I'm still in Ekky, and I haven't decided if Hex will move to Arch or not. :P

Werdna Elbee

10-01-2007 19:13:45

You can't move a whole BT to another House. Hex is Ektrosis through and through, I should know as I started it, so fair enough all flood to a different house ...but the name stays. Even if it has to die for a while.

So please don't :'(

Andan Taldrya Marshall

10-01-2007 19:43:53

Don't worry, the name Hex will stay with Ekky. If the PEOPLE of Hex move over to Archanis they will all be assigned to one of that house's BTs.

It's just easier to say Hex to refer to everyone who is a member of Hex, even though just saying Hex also implies the BT itself. Everybody should really be saying 'the members of Hex'.

Ricco Vao

11-01-2007 11:41:37

YAY our new/old house is open woooo!

I am DJK Ricco Vao Envoy all you newbies come to me and I shall help you through yout trials. Our BT at the moment is the Crimson Vanguard and the IRC page is just #Archanis

Hel-Pa Sklib

11-01-2007 16:57:20

Heh, I thought that my Rannik and Daar would be staying in Hex after the transfer, but whatever works best. Gotta meet all the new guys who've transferred over to Hex from HoA.

yacks

15-01-2007 21:11:33

I'm still in Ekky, and I haven't decided if Hex will move to Arch or not. :P

Bah, as if we'd want Hex. Lets face it, Archanis has a proud tradition of Battleteams to fill up anyways... I mean you've got the Crimson Vanguard who we have reopened, then you have Hyperion Flight who remains the only Squadron in the Brotherhood to have a Fighter named after them, and then finally there's Shadowmorph to round out the three.

Hells yeah, Arch is back baby... and Yacks is home :)

Predator

16-01-2007 10:11:27

Bah, as if we'd want Hex. Lets face it, Archanis has a proud tradition of Battleteams to fill up anyways... I mean you've got the Crimson Vanguard who we have reopened, then you have Hyperion Flight who remains the only Squadron in the Brotherhood to have a Fighter named after them, and then finally there's Shadowmorph to round out the three.

Hells yeah, Arch is back baby... and Yacks is home :)

Hell yeah, Archanis has some of the best battle teams in the whole brotherhood with a proud tradation second to none.

Just wanted to congratulate all the Tally Peeps who have brought back a house that is so dear to my heart.

Well done guys

Andan Taldrya Marshall

16-01-2007 18:09:38

Woah! It's a Pred-fish! Yes, reopening Archanis is one of the greatest moments of kick-assness ever seen by the DB...we're always looking for good members too...