Non-lightsaber Weapons In Acc

Mirado

25-01-2011 03:50:03

Ok, I'll admit the title is slightly misleading, but I've had something nagging at me for a little while now.

At DJK, I most certainly don't have the necessary saber styles necessary to dual wield lightsabers, but my character is still built for dual wielding. That being said, if I took a Lightsaber and a Vibroblade into a fight, there's nothing realistically stopping an opponent from blocking a shot from said vibroblade with their lightsaber, effectively destroying it.

I can stretch, for a little while, fighting in this style, but I can't see writing a whole fight without my vibroblade getting destroyed, and not getting called down for it.

Is this just me wondering about nothing? If I recall correctly, no cortosis or phrik is permitted, so there's nothing preventing said vibroblade from being destroyed. I suppose what I'm asking is, is at the end of the day, is there really a point in fighting lightsaber/whatever-1handed-melee-weapon?

Halcyon

25-01-2011 08:15:14

Not really, no :P

The entire point of the "rule" is to ensure the supremacy of the lightsaber. As such, it is the best melee weapon we have. Using a secondary melee weapon (non-lightsaber) would just add an extra distraction to your opponent, but a lightsaber can easily destroy it should they make contact.

Of course, people can always have non-lightsaber battles if you want something different, and to actually utilize those other weapons in a battle.

Anubis

25-01-2011 10:08:27

There's also Sacramental Awards, which CAN be used in the ACC - and most are lightsaber resistant. I say most, because I know that while a Sapphire Blade can withstand a little bit of contact with a lightsaber, you can't take a lightsaber full on with it. Eventually it'll start to melt.

Etah

07-03-2011 15:53:32

I could see a lightsaber and dagger combo being awesome. Faint, stab, faint, stab. Double faint, slice!

Mirado

18-03-2011 02:00:03

That's been my general mode. Vibroblade and Saber. I've been trying to do a good buildup to my character eventually using paired saber Sokan, but I'll be an Elder before I can pull it off, so I'm contenting myself with this approach.

Etah

24-03-2011 14:39:54

I think the use of blasters is under rated. Only a dex [Expletive Deleted] (like myself) that had mastered certain styles could defend from blasters most of the time.