Idea To Improve The Site Slightly

Prajna

01-01-2009 19:01:12

So in a new battle, the two opponents are listed at the top. Once each person posts, their name is a clicky link to the dossier. Could we make it so the two players are also links listed at the top? this would help for when people want to write their posts, and more quickly know the CS of who they ae fighting. Speed will be important in the upcoming GJW. Thanks.

Dalthid

02-01-2009 07:28:54

Yep - that's definitely something that can be done, but right now that kind of access to the site is having difficulty (which is why you can start toi find a lot of the 'new' stuff for the ACC going to the wiki). But I'll put that on my list.

Thanks for the input!

Callus

05-01-2009 19:36:13

Wow something so simple, yet such a good idea. I like it, give the man a cookie!

I had an idea aswell, I know it might not be as simple as PJ's but it might be helpful aswell. Could it be possible to extend the log-in time on the ACC site? Nothing is more frustrating than after writing a nice post and wanting to check on a Force Power and be logged out. Its not anything terribly terrible but it is annoying.

Also its nice to see some old faces around the ACC again, even if they are ugly.

Macron Sadow

05-01-2009 23:43:45

Yeah I've had that happen too. A longer log in time would be great.

Dalthid

06-01-2009 09:22:28

you use the site to write your post? gah! what're you, new? :P

Yea - I can look into that also, shouldn't be a problem in the least.

We just got access back, so I'm moving to the new updates and such. These kind of things will be on the shelf for just a bit as we're looking into redoing some stuff. The board's here -- I won't forget :)

Macron Sadow

06-01-2009 10:14:11

No not to do the post- to check stats, data etc. Sometimes if you are writing a long post, it logs you out and then you can't get to the databanks, etc.
thanks!

Callus

06-01-2009 11:28:00

yea what macaroni said that stuff happens. I havent written a post in the window since my first ACC battle that I ended up loosing.

Dalthid

18-01-2009 19:25:50

Oh, okay -- no worries. The "login to navigate" stuff is getting nixed completely anyway...meh, it was a good idea at the time. FYI - you can go directly to the URL; i.e. if you want the weapons page, copy the URL or book it...the login stuff is only associated with the menu...it's just fluff :)

Macron Sadow

19-01-2009 19:46:11

Thankee!

Draco Maligo

26-01-2009 18:30:34

I think there should be either an expiration date for challenges, or a way for the challenger to rescind the challenge. I have a backlog of unanswered challenges, some dating back a year and a half that I would like to get rid of. My understanding is that someone in the ACC would have to dump them, and I think it would be easier if I had the power to rescind the challenges that frankly are never going to be answered.

Traan Reith

08-02-2009 17:52:08

I think there should be either an expiration date for challenges, or a way for the challenger to rescind the challenge.  I have a backlog of unanswered challenges, some dating back a year and a half that I would like to get rid of.  My understanding is that someone in the ACC would have to dump them, and I think it would be easier if I had the power to rescind the challenges that frankly are never going to be answered.

As Tarax is fond of saying, what he said. I too have some backlogged challenges I'd like to dispose of.

Halcyon

08-02-2009 18:48:09

We don't actually have the ability to dump any outstanding challenges...at least not directly. It can be done, but it would need to be done by a resident coder. However, the ability to do it ourselves is one of the points on the "to do" list

Windos

08-02-2009 23:22:03

Good, because I still have large number from the last RoS =P

Dalthid

10-02-2009 07:56:17

Took me a bit to get to it, but...

After some help from Karel and Orv, I got the Fighters Alive to display as links to the dossiers - I went with the dossiers, instead of the CS's, because of the whole using the new vs old thing right now.

Moving on...

Ekeia Iclo

23-02-2009 21:42:39

Not sure if anyone has thought of it before now, but it would be really nice if we could get a "Show Preview" button for posting, just because I know that once I've posted I go back to make sure it worked and there'll be a paragraph break missing or something I'd missed will pop out at me. It'd be nice to have.

Macron Sadow

24-02-2009 13:22:16

Not a bad idea. Never thought of that one...

Ekeia Iclo

24-02-2009 20:53:17

It'd actually be really nice to have something like that though.